PDA

View Full Version : Don't expect 10th plane part unless gold used!!

BrodawgCanada
04-12-2012, 04:25 PM
I had 7 parts within the first 24 hours..... Then I just got my 8th with 26 attempts all using medium chance to open. If after each part it takes a little longer to obtain the next part, I will have to open a crate every hour for the next 3 days not missing an hour......here is my attempts all medium chance expect for 3 gold opens (infantry units for all 3)

Plane part 1
Plane part 2
Plane part 3
Plane part 4
500 valor
Try again
Plane part 5
Riot buster 10/18
Squadron leader 12/22
Armed lookout 7/16
Plane part 6
Plane part *7
Squadron leader 12/22
Try again
Armed lookout 7/16
500 valor
Try again
Try again*
Try again*
$250,000*
Try again
Squadron leader 12/22
Try again
Try again
$1,250,000
$250,000
Riot buster 10/18
Try again
Try again
Armed lookout 7/16
Try again
Armed lookout 7/16
Try again
Try again
$1,250,000
Try again
Try again
Try again*
Try again
$25,000
Plane part 8
$1,250,000
Armed lookout 7/16

Luke7676
04-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Well no one really expects to get the 10th without gold but some get lucky.

stricker
04-12-2012, 04:38 PM
...yup! low expectations can always invite a surprise. lol

brodawg... you're rather meticulous there man! =p

bilbo baggins
04-12-2012, 04:51 PM
you're rather meticulous there man! =p

Like me in the last event.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6042/7029632603_fca05f6bb6_b.jpg

Poopenshire
04-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Last event I got 10 with one day to spare. First event I was stuck at 7 since day 3. Thi event stuck at 7 since early AM yesterday.

stricker
04-12-2012, 05:02 PM
BAH HA HAH!!!
@BB...i remember that now!!! ...can't read it, but funny.
it's like you have a photographic memory, isn't it?

Warfiend
04-12-2012, 05:04 PM
That's assuming that randomness didn't play a part in your experience and that everyone elses is the same or similar. From what I've been reading, different people are getting different drop rates and opening rates. My experience, for example, has been a lot different than yours.

I've been getting a fairly consistent drop rate since the begining and so far today it's been very similar to the last two days. I've gotten far fewer boxes than you and I've had a better opening rate of the fewer boxes I have gotten. Finding parts, for me, was more evenly distributed among my successful opens. Never found back to back parts yet.

Not even gold will guarantee finding #10 and more than a few will probably find that out the hard way. AGAIN.

Poopenshire
04-12-2012, 05:18 PM
I started with a poor drop rate and great open rate. Since I got my 7th I have gotten drops very often, but I have only been able to open 3 since out of 20 try's, no docs 100k, 500k 300 valor

BrodawgCanada
04-12-2012, 05:22 PM
I can't believe that I got 4 parts back to back for my 4 first attempts!!! I though for sure I would get it this event!! Out of all the events MW and CC, I have won the diamond sig!!! Nine every other event!! I'm not mad I end up walking away with free units that would have normally cost gold..... And walk away with more cash than I had spent!!! Just letting other players know not to get upset!!! It is a free game.....And gold defiantly does not guarantee. I seen one guy spend $100 on the last CC game and. Ever got the 10th diamond!! Thanks for the fun FREE app!!!

Freekizh
04-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Brodawg, how many boxes did you have when you were stuck on the 8th one. Like a crap load or just few crates?

possum
04-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Gold doesn't guarantee crap and if you spend gold on these events you have more money than sense, regardless how rich you may think you are.

War Priest
04-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Gold doesn't guarantee crap and if you spend gold on these events you have more money than sense, regardless how rich you may think you are.

And who say's that...? :rolleyes:

possum
04-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Actually, keep spending gold on these events, if it weren't for you suckers (like me back in the day), the rest if us wouldn't get free stuff.

War Priest
04-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Actually, keep spending gold on these events, if it weren't for you suckers (like me back in the day), the rest if us wouldn't get free stuff.

Poverty is a problem man. I can't blame you for not buying gold. Good luck though! =)

possum
04-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Quit being so judgemental, you don't know me.

War Priest
04-12-2012, 07:22 PM
Quit being so judgemental, you don't know me.

Why you calling us suckers for buying gold? Do I call you a sucker for buying toothpaste or underwear? No, I do not.

possum
04-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Re-read my post genius and quit being so defensive.

EVENTS is the keyword of the day for those that are so insecure.

War Priest
04-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Re-read my post genius and quit being so defensive.

EVENTS is the keyword of the day for those that are so insecure.

I did read it. And I do buy gold for EVENTS smartie pants.

possum
04-12-2012, 07:27 PM
I did read it. And I do buy gold for EVENTS smartie pants.

Thank you.

bigflan
04-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Please guys break it up both of you have two different points so your gonna disagree with each other this does not belong on the forum

possum
04-12-2012, 07:29 PM
His insecurity started it; it's funny to me.

possum
04-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Okay Mr. Insecure.

possum
04-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Lol lol lol

possum
04-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Warpriest, I trolled you hard and I wasn't even trying, thank you lol.

AND, if you actually did know me, your statements would border on IRONY.

War Priest
04-12-2012, 07:41 PM
Warpriest, I trolled you hard and I wasn't even trying, thank you lol.

AND, if you actually did know me, your statements would border on IRONY.

Oh yeah...? Cool man, congrats.

bigflan
04-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Hey war priest just got my 7th doc hell yeah

possum
04-12-2012, 07:43 PM
My distinct pleasure Mr. Double Insecure/Justification

stricker
04-12-2012, 09:17 PM
okay... i'm guessing these are not names that will go on the narcissistic list!

...WP, i had a baby possum once. it bit my shirt and wouldn't let go! haha.
my college roommate had a 6' Boa and we feed the possum to the snake just like the little meeces... lol

@possum... no need to bite on gold ppl's... thanks to them, folks like me can play MW without spending loads of $$. chill it... or play possum buddy! hahaha ;P

Nicz
04-13-2012, 12:05 AM
Cant believe i got my 4 part one after the other on the first day...THEN NOTHING!
I'm sure i'll be stuck at 7 parts, or between 7 and 9 like the others events. That sucks!
****ing lucky guys or gold spenders will get it, but not even ppl which deserve it.

And I have a question, are u all coming from USA? Because, i'm french and every time u are supposed to sleep (from 8am to 4pm on my country) i only have fails, that seems soooo weird! Is it calculated on your hour? Anyway, from Europe we are disavantaged...

Thunder Child
04-13-2012, 12:21 AM
Cant believe i got my 4 part one after the other on the first day...THEN NOTHING!
I'm sure i'll be stuck at 7 parts, or between 7 and 9 like the others events. That sucks!
****ing lucky guys or gold spenders will get it, but not even ppl which deserve it.

And I have a question, are u all coming from USA? Because, i'm french and every time u are supposed to sleep (from 8am to 4pm on my country) i only have fails, that seems soooo weird! Is it calculated on your hour? Anyway, from Europe we are disavantaged...
VERY interesting observation, Nicz! Playing in Korea I also notice more fails at a time North America might be sleeping... I wrote it off as coincidence, though!

Thunder Child
04-13-2012, 12:26 AM
His insecurity started it; it's funny to me.
Actually, clearly your use of 'suckers' that started it. Either way, far better to accept that some people are able to and enjoy spending money on the game, while others can't and/or don't... at the end of the day, it's still only a game whoever plays it and how, and it can only be spoilt by the kind of name calling you resorted to.

stricker
04-13-2012, 12:29 AM
VERY interesting observation, Nicz! Playing in Korea I also notice more fails at a time North America might be sleeping... I wrote it off as coincidence, though!
TC... it is just a coincidence. ;p ...are you really suggesting funzio has include an American favoritism in the program mechanics... LOL... it's the melting pot of the world. haha... just messing w/you man

btw... about your avatar name TC, did you get that from H.G. Wells' War of the Worlds? oh yeah, nice avatar pic, but that cape waving in the wind starts bugging me after a while... =p LOL

Thunder Child
04-13-2012, 12:35 AM
Stricker, I was influenced by the WOTW ship, too, yes.... One of my childhood memories. Actually, when I came to choose a name, I thought about War Child initially, but with WP already being so big a presence I pulled back from that. The cape does my nut too, but I've struggled to find a Thor pic of the right size. That being said, mine is one of only a few that is animated, so I guess it's pretty identifiable...

stricker
04-13-2012, 12:42 AM
...cool. i'm jk man.
thor is cool and so is the pic.

Nicz
04-13-2012, 01:52 AM
Yeahhh i got my 5th part...4 ones in 6 hours the 1st day, then nothing during 48h...
I dont expect reaching 10 parts until the end, but guys, there are few undestructible units, so take care of you, sleep, dont wake up every hour, get 7 parts and stop...

Marc
04-13-2012, 02:41 AM
Last event i went crazy with those unlocking and reset buttons with gold bar. Didn't guarantee me my silent chopper.

EnjoyLife
04-13-2012, 04:29 AM
LOL, I'm at 6 plane parts. I've won 5 stupid allies on this event. Almost as many allies as plane parts. After I get my next part, I'm done with this event.

Bronson
04-13-2012, 05:15 AM
I have 9 plane parts no gold used

g8rlawyer
04-13-2012, 05:35 AM
I got all ten last event. I am at 8 plane parts right now (using rusty crow bar to open), with 50 boxes left to to open. Hopefully I won't need gold to get to ten.

possum
04-13-2012, 08:34 AM
Actually, clearly your use of 'suckers' that started it. Either way, far better to accept that some people are able to and enjoy spending money on the game, while others can't and/or don't... at the end of the day, it's still only a game whoever plays it and how, and it can only be spoilt by the kind of name calling you resorted to.

Actually no. My comments weren't directed at anyone in particular.

He obviously took offense to it even though my comments weren't directed towards him at all (in fact, i have no idea who he or anyone else here is) and decided to insult and belittle me (lol). His insecurity about his actions came to light so he pretty much trolled himself. I really don't follow this forum and have no idea about the individual posters let alone what they may think and I definitely try and avoid insulting and calling people out like I have something to prove and/or are insecure...

Whatever, the entire thing was funny, though. If I think "people" (in general) who spend money on increased chances are fools, that's my opinion and prerogative. No need to take offense and try and insult me over my thoughts because that in itself says a lot...

spectra
04-13-2012, 09:30 AM
Hello to all
I am currently at part #8 since yesterday
as of today at 8 am there has been 80 chances to open boxes
Did not try for 11 times while sleeping
able to open 29 of them using mix of low and medium rates for
8 parts
250k x 4
1.2M x 1
500 Vp x 1
Armed lookout x 3
Riot buster x 3
Drone tank x 5
Squadron leader x 4

I am very happy since my spectation was to get at least 7 parts for the special units :)
There are still 64 possible chances to open more boxes out of which I might be able to try 50, thus hope to at lest get part #9 to see if there is a special prize as stated by Funzio.
Cheers

Bronson
04-13-2012, 09:35 AM
Hello to all
I am currently at part #8 since yesterday
as of today at 8 am there has been 80 chances to open boxes
Did not try for 11 times while sleeping
able to open 29 of them using mix of low and medium rates for
8 parts
250k x 4
1.2M x 1
500 Vp x 1
Armed lookout x 3
Riot buster x 3
Drone tank x 5
Squadron leader x 4

I am very happy since my spectation was to get at least 7 parts for the special units :)
There are still 64 possible chances to open more boxes out of which I might be able to try 50, thus hope to at lest get part #9 to see if there is a special prize as stated by Funzio.
Cheers

I'm on 9 and nothing special happened so don't know what the surprise was

Sugarymama
04-13-2012, 10:11 AM
I'm on 9 and nothing special happened so don't know what the surprise was

There was no surprise. I'm on 9 as well. Perhaps it depends on the level you're on. Maybe the lower levels got something at 9, or the much higher ones..

spectra
04-13-2012, 10:20 AM
There was no surprise. I'm on 9 as well. Perhaps it depends on the level you're on. Maybe the lower levels got something at 9, or the much higher ones..
What level are you at?
I am at lv 99, if I do get part #9 will post if Funzio drop a 'special' prize or not

Sugarymama
04-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Right now level 83, but was at level 81 when the event started. That's the thing about the events; if you participate heavily, you can't avoid leveling up.

el_gringo
04-13-2012, 11:28 AM
It's all random luck. I got 8 on the last event and used a fair bit of gold, this time I've four so far without making any effort, probably doing about 10% more pvp than normal but just cos I'm hitting a lot of 'new names' on my rival list that are levelling up quickly due to the event. I have been opening them with the crowbar, but not used a single gold yet.

Corporal Denney
04-14-2012, 10:03 AM
My first 11 crates I got 8 airplane parts. It took another 5 to get the ninth part. I have spent the last day opening 7 crates and 16 attempts. Seems like it is fixed so you can't get the last part without gold. I have 11 more crates to open, I can get them at the docks anytime I need them. But if I can't get a 10th part in the time left I will not be trying this again.

Bronson
04-14-2012, 10:05 AM
Aidan has got 10 and he didn't use gold - he had both 9 and 10 on the same day its just luck!

Corporal Denney
04-14-2012, 05:45 PM
I spent all day opening these every hour. I got several supply vehicles, two command tanks, some money and just now I got one extra ally. Do they really think we will get frustrated and buy gold. They get the first part right. How is it that I can get airplane parts 90% of the time until I get 9 parts, then I can't get one for the next 20, that's not chance, that's rigged.

The1nONLY
04-14-2012, 06:13 PM
50+ cargo boxes have now been open after getting 9 plane parts on second day, chances are pretty bad and I dont intend to buy more gold and might even delete game after this. Funzio is full of greed just for money , 50+ cargo boxes with no luck what chance is that? And where is my prize for 9 plane part? Amateurs

Luke7676
04-14-2012, 06:16 PM
50+ cargo boxes have now been open after getting 9 plane parts on second day, chances are pretty bad and I dont intend to buy more gold and might even delete game after this. Funzio is full of greed just for money , 50+ cargo boxes with no luck what chance is that? And where is my prize for 9 plane part? Amateurs

Remember the purposes of this event is to give free players a chance at some decent indestructible units and to make some money on ppl tring to get the 10th part. There is a chance of getting there free but a small one. Be great full for free units :) and a chance at the top prize. I'm assuming that the bonus item at 9 will be givin out after the event.

Sia
04-14-2012, 06:50 PM
There is no bonus item at 9! Why should it be there? I got the 10th part.

The1nONLY
04-14-2012, 07:22 PM
Remember the purposes of this event is to give free players a chance at some decent indestructible units and to make some money on ppl tring to get the 10th part. There is a chance of getting there free but a small one. Be great full for free units :) and a chance at the top prize. I'm assuming that the bonus item at 9 will be givin out after the event. So you reckon eh? Its all about making money with game developers.

LeBarticus
04-14-2012, 07:23 PM
Yep, same experience here for the most part - got more parts/prizes in the beginning, luck ran out slowly and as of now I've had 5 sorries in a row. It seems like i got to 8 and my chances went down. I want to at least get to the 'secret prize' at 9 lol

Khimsoo
04-15-2012, 03:44 AM
Yep, same experience here for the most part - got more parts/prizes in the beginning, luck ran out slowly and as of now I've had 5 sorries in a row. It seems like i got to 8 and my chances went down. I want to at least get to the 'secret prize' at 9 lol

Stuck at 8 for the past 2 days. Omg. Where are the 9th n 10th parts? 20hrs to go. 2 more parts... This is driving me crazy.

Corporal Denney
04-15-2012, 05:48 AM
Eight more attempts, three more supply freights, one command tank, three "sorry"s and one extra ally (wtf), next time an event rolls around I'm just ignoring it. To get the first nine so easily and not be allowed the tenth piece is BS. 18 hours to go and 11 crates to open, I think I'll take the wife into town for shopping and a movie, screw this.

mrgung
04-15-2012, 08:33 AM
I would like to let you all know my experience with the last three events.

1. Event: I enjoyed it a lot but wasn't sure what Funzio was doing - regarding probabilities and trying to earn money on gold buyers.
In this event I opened a box every hour (except whilst sleeping) using the pay method (no gold).
I ended up with 8 "Titanium Bars" and the three indestructable units. All in all happy with the event.

2. Event: I used the same strategy. Every hour the pocket knife for 80.000 - 84.000 as I leveled up during the event.
With still 4 days remaining in the event I already had 9 documents - this stayed this way until 6 1/2 hours before the end of the event. So, I decided to buy some gold as Funzio was offering it at 20% discount.
I bought 650 gold of which I spent 420 until I got the 10th document. Very happy with the event.

3. Event: As before ...... This time around it seemed very difficult for me to get any "Cargo Boxes". I had to get them mostly via PvP. During the whole event I was almost always between 0 - 4 boxes.
Compared to this though the "Rusty Crowbar" almost opened a the boxes in 8 out of 10 tries.
With three days left on the timer I was at 9 "Plane Parts". I was planning on spending the rest of my gold, I purchased during event 2, at the end of this event for trying to get part 10 - but with still 1 day and 5 hours left on the clock I opened my hourly box with the crowbar and: Plane Part 10 / Blue Bomber.

So, after three events and quite a lot of experience with them I can honestly say that I am sure that Funzio does not fool around with the probabilities or statistics of their events. It has a lot to do with luck and with their implemented equations of chance which definitely change the more "Plane Parts", "Documents" or "Titanium Bars" you own.

I personally would like to thank Funzio for these events. they make the whole game much more fun and give ALL players the chance to get cool stuff for FREE. Everyone can decide for themselves to buy gold or not. Just don't make Funzio responsible for something they never promised you (spend gold on event - receive 10/10). Be happy they do these events at all.

Bronco928
04-15-2012, 10:14 AM
I really don't think the gold helps you win these contests and I'm speaking from experience; I used about 1500 in gold trying to win the armed infirmary, didn't get it. I was determined to get the whirling thunder and used 1500 early and won, but many others won without using gold. This time, I thought I would try the free way, even though I have 1500 gold bars on hand. I got 8 the 1st day, then 2 days later I got the 9th. Then I started using gold, thinking I could get there quicker. Well, thirty- something opens later, I switched back to the rusty knife and got my 10th. Use your gold on crates or money buildings; win the prize with in-game money!!

Warfiend
04-15-2012, 11:13 AM
@mrgung - Ditto the last paragraph and well said in the rest. I've never used gold and this is the first event I actually tried to get the final prize. I quit after getting 7 with 2 days left as I just couldn't bring myself to level that high for a *chance* to get the final prize. Had it been guaranteed, I would have, but it is not now and never was guaranteed. I am very happy with the indestructibles I got and am very grateful for the event.

Whatever gold I get goes to things with guaranteed returns. Like buildings or units, not going to risk it on a gamble.

Poopenshire
04-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Ok this is my first serious lost about this event and gold in general all day.
I will no spend gold on events it's just not worth it. If you want to buy and spend gold, do so on crates. For the cost you will the greatest return!

mrgung
04-15-2012, 03:19 PM
@mrgung - Ditto the last paragraph and well said in the rest. I've never used gold and this is the first event I actually tried to get the final prize. I quit after getting 7 with 2 days left as I just couldn't bring myself to level that high for a *chance* to get the final prize. Had it been guaranteed, I would have, but it is not now and never was guaranteed. I am very happy with the indestructibles I got and am very grateful for the event.

Whatever gold I get goes to things with guaranteed returns. Like buildings or units, not going to risk it on a gamble.
Thanks Warfiend,

I am a little disappointed in the players that can't handle the fact that this game has certain boundaries in which it functions and some of which can be influenced. e.g. Deploying a specific strategy or purchasing gold to buy in-game-articles. These are conscience decisions we ALL have to make. And depending on who we are and how we think - we decide to handle accordingly.

For instance: Can anyone really condemn someone for having enough money to spend as others (might) have water?
I for one could afford to purchase a large amount of gold weekly to build whatever pleases me but I decided that the fun for me lies in a good strategy and clever tactics.
On the other hand Funzio succeeded in creating events which I enjoyed so much, that I not only considered but actually bought gold for. As Funzio never stated anywhere that one would get 10/10 if one uses gold - I wouldn't have been angry if it hadn't worked.

For me it was not about the "must have game breaker unit" I needed desperately but rather like something I had worked for but used a little push to succeed in. And b.t.w. I think a good strategy will always beat the guy who only has the cool unit(s).

The soon ending event is proof enough for me that Funzio program a code for the event and leave it at that. As that this time around I got all 10/10 without spending a single bit of gold. That's just having the odds on ones side for a change.

Please don't make it look as if Funzio is trying to rip off anyone. We all know how the game goes and there will always be some who spend more money on this game than others (or at all for that matter).
If this is something one can't live with - then perhaps this game isn't a good game for you!!!

So, in conclusion I would say: Don't play "Monopoly" if you want to play "Risk" and don't blame others for your own shortcomings.

Live and let live

Tyro
04-15-2012, 03:21 PM
Running at 9 plane parts for nearly 2 days of nearly hourly crate checks.. Haven't so much as got a crate open today.

Tyro
04-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Having scanned a couple more posts I'd add: I used to play Storm8 games. I'd regularly be tempted to spend £0.59-£5 on IAPs, for a swift, small edge. Buying £0.59 boosts made £2.99 ones more tempting, etc, etc.

Funzio's pricing just strikes me as odd. Minimum price £2.99 for a frankly laughable advantage.

The point is not absolute gain, it's relative gain. The only meaningful measure of success is wrt other players.

In that context, the "high cost laughable benefits" model strikes me as profoundly odd. I'm kinda surprised it's bringing In decent £. I'd wager a lower entry point (and bigger relative gains) could massively increase their cashflow.

mrgung
04-15-2012, 03:40 PM
....... I'd wager a lower entry point (and bigger relative gains) could massively increase their cashflow.
Hey Tyro,
I'm sure you are right on this point but that would also make the whole "purchasing gold" thing even more none avoidable as the power would shift too easily (quickly).

The higher pricing keeps the "exceptionally strong" few and far spread. Which keeps the game more interesting for the masses.

Mcdoc
04-15-2012, 04:02 PM
Trust me guys - even buying gold is not worth it. Bought $99 then $49 and still stuck on 9th part since Thursday morning. Arrrrrrg.

Sugarymama
04-15-2012, 04:13 PM
Trust me guys - even buying gold is not worth it. Bought $99 then $49 and still stuck on 9th part since Thursday morning. Arrrrrrg.

Keep trying McDoc. I just got my 10th plane part 5 minutes ago and the Blue Bomber. It took a while but I got it. Boosted my A/D nicely so it was worth the aggravation.

vball
04-15-2012, 08:22 PM
Mrgung well said.

Today the stars aligned and got my 10th plane part late this afternoon while munching on some popcorn. Debating here whether there is a connection between popcorn consumption and the last piece. Well probably not.

Overall a great day, a good photoshoot with a reliable model (something of a miracle in itself), ate my popcorn, and got the 10th piece. I can actually get some sleep now.

Good luck to everyone in the last few hours and hope you all get it too.

Warfiend
04-15-2012, 08:26 PM
It probably depends on the brand of popcorn used and whether it was light, butter, or movie theater butter, and whether you ate it with your right or left hand while wearing the right color clothing.

vball
04-15-2012, 08:33 PM
This is terrible as I do not remember, so my strategy of using popcorn instead of gold simply may not work next time.

Sadly on the last one did use some gold at the end as I really wanted that 20% discount, but chose against it this time to see if it was possible. Again the stars alignment and the popcorn did the trick.

Warfiend love the sense of humor.

Major disappointment
04-15-2012, 08:38 PM
4 days, every hour trying to get the 10th piece and all I get is crap and a **** load of "Sorry". What pisses me off so much is I got the first eight in one day and the ninth the next morning. I think the fun has gone out of the game at this point. They should have made them all hard to find or made the last easier to get. What they did sucks. Whith everyone giving the same story there is no doubt they programmed it so you could get the first 9 easy and not get the last.

The purpose of playing a game is to win - by strategy and not by blind luck. I did my part, I found the damn crates. Now I have 3 low value indestructible pieces that I could give a crap about - I have much stronger units and lots of them. These bull**** units won't win a battle. Some of you think it's fine for funzio to do his, that's your opinion. I think it sucks the big one.

War Priest
04-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Maybe we can just convince them to stop the events...

Warfiend
04-15-2012, 09:02 PM
Or maybe, and here's a revolutionary thought here... You guys who don't like the events, can just not participate in them. Everybody wins.

War Priest
04-15-2012, 09:05 PM
Or maybe, and here's a revolutionary thought here... You guys who don't like the events, can just not participate in them. Everybody wins.

Not really. It isn't as simple as that. Everybody don't win because few will get the bonus, and most won't.

JohnnyR
04-15-2012, 09:09 PM
Not really. It isn't as simple as that. Everybody don't win because few will get the bonus, and most won't.

That's just the price to pay, and the chance to take. Just like I risk 93,000 every open attempt....getting nothing 8/10 today...

Warfiend
04-15-2012, 09:09 PM

Those who like the event, seem to be those who understand what winning something as opposed to buying something is and implies. What I meant was, if the people who don't like the events stop participating in the events, then they win what they want(no events) and the people who do like the events win what they want(the events).

Hellstorm
04-15-2012, 09:14 PM
It's selfish to deny everybody else the chance to win if you personally don't like it. War friend said it right... If you don't want the event don't participate. Most of us enjoy, mostly those that didnt spent gold. On the end you win alot more money than you put into the event plus lots of valor and good units. The event brings spice into the game.

War Priest
04-15-2012, 09:15 PM
Those who like the event, seem to be those who understand what winning something as opposed to buying something is and implies. What I meant was, if the people who don't like the events stop participating in the events, then they win what they want(no events) and the people who do like the events win what they want(the events).

Look at all the threads out there. Two were locked just today from the anger being expressed. What I was saying, is those who do not participate, and those who do participate and don't reach ten still loose. Like the last one for example. There are few people out there who is getting 20% faster upgrades and a lot who don't. I spent 3000 gold just trying to get the last two documents and never made it to ten. Funzio admitted in email that sometimes an off balance happens and people get screwed basically. You have your opinion, and I have mine. I don't know about you, but I don't like the idea of paying Funzio $200 just for grunts and cheap loot. When you open over 80 boxes and don't get a single document, there is a problem, as I stated Funzio even admitted it.

The game is fine when these events aren't happening, but as soon as they are almost over, there is always madness around here.

War Priest
04-15-2012, 09:17 PM
It's selfish to deny everybody else the chance to win if you personally don't like it. War friend said it right... If you don't want the event don't participate. Most of us enjoy, mostly those that didnt spent gold. On the end you win alot more money than you put into the event plus lots of valor and good units. The event brings spice into the game.

You have your opinion, and I have mine. You two aren't understanding what I am saying though. Maybe you guys feel different about the game than I do. But I do not like the idea of some people getting 20% faster upgrades when I was doing everything possible to get it and still couldn't. Funzio wants money on these events and that's what I gave them and they still wouldn't hand it over.

Hellstorm
04-15-2012, 09:22 PM
It's not part of the contract... Gold doesn't guarantee you anything in this event. As I said, those that spent their gold in vain have reason to be mad. But it's clear that gold doesn't get you necessarily to the finishing line. That means you are the only one responsible for spending heavily on events, not funzio and also not other players. Did you spent heaps of bars again like in the last event?

JohnnyR
04-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Honestly, I feel for you WP, but what you paid for was a chance. Nobody ever guaranteed nothing. You can roll dice a hundred times, and if you haven't got boxcars yet-that doesn't mean boxcars will show up on the 101st time. Chances remain the same, chance does not care how much you pour into it.

War Priest
04-15-2012, 09:26 PM
Maybe all you did not read where I said EVEN FUNZIO admitted that sometimes a lopsided effect can happen to individuals...

War Priest
04-15-2012, 09:28 PM
It's not part of the contract... Gold doesn't guarantee you anything in this event. As I said, those that spent their gold in vain have reason to be mad. But it's clear that gold doesn't get you necessarily to the finishing line. That means you are the only one responsible for spending heavily on events, not funzio and also not other players. Did you spent heaps of bars again like in the last event?

I got it refunded so I don't care all that much now, and no I did not. Spend a little because the mysterious 9th part but that was a waste.

JohnnyR
04-15-2012, 09:32 PM
"Sometimes that happens" vs. "What happened was..."---> big difference. They didn't help themselves by telling you this, but I'm guessing they gave this non-admit statement while stonewalling you in hopes of having this dropped eventually. It would set a bad precedent as "admitting" mistake would cause a flood of inquiries and tickets if they let this go by them.

WP, like I said-the chances on the dice remain the same, no matter how many times rolled. There is no cumulative advantage by rolling over and over. The last set didn't line up, that is all.

War Priest
04-15-2012, 09:35 PM
"Sometimes that happens" vs. "What happened was..."---> big difference. They didn't help themselves by telling you this, but I'm guessing they gave this non-admit statement while stonewalling you in hopes of having this dropped eventually. It would set a bad precedent as "admitting" mistake would cause a flood of inquiries and tickets if they let this go by them.

WP, like I said-the chances on the dice remain the same, no matter how many times rolled. There is no cumulative advantage by rolling over and over. The last set didn't line up, that is all.

Well you have your thoughts, and I have mine. But isn't it funny how at the beginning of events we get a lot more opens than towards the middle and end..? They never said the chances of opening change, just the rate of goal item drops change. Obviously that isn't the truth.

Hellstorm
04-15-2012, 09:36 PM
Anyway, what happened to that misterious 9th part unit mentioned?

JohnnyR
04-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Well you have your thoughts, and I have mine. But isn't it funny how at the beginning of events we get a lot more opens than towards the middle and end..? They never said the chances of opening change, just the rate of goal item drops change. Obviously that isn't the truth.

If they never said either way, then truth really isn't a problem here.

I do get your point though, and I have to agree odds and clear descriptions should be posted. Seems Funzio's preference for the mystery factor causes a lot more problems here than it avoids....but that's the forums. We're the 1%, nobody else really cares unfortunately.

Read around the fourms Hellstorm, there's at least 3 threads discussion the 9th part clusterf***. We ain't getting it.

MaverickMunkey
04-15-2012, 09:39 PM

JohnnyR - I agree with what you are saying about the events and that they are solely about luck whether you use gold or not but sometimes you play the game without realising the dice are loaded. As WP said, too many people have mentioned getting a mass of parts, bars or crates in the first day or two and after that no joy.

War Priest
04-15-2012, 09:39 PM
Anyway, what happened to that misterious 9th part unit mentioned?

Are you serious? Your sitting here arguing about this with me and that is part of the problem. The devs "messed up" and it wasn't the truth.

Strike Wolf
04-15-2012, 09:41 PM
Well, I was just duped. I spent some cash to buy Gold, and guess what I get? 30 times in a row, I get BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME using the medium chance. out of maybe 40 tries. medium chance my rear. I use gold about 11 times, nothing but rag tag small unit forces. Thanks for the slap to the face, Funzio, no more monies for you and your game is getting uninstalled.

War Priest
04-15-2012, 09:42 PM
I am done here guys. I know what the devs had told me in email...

Hellstorm
04-15-2012, 11:33 PM
Come on... Share

mrgung
04-16-2012, 12:43 AM
Why can't people understand that if you participate in the lottery you have a CHANCE to win!
If you have the possibility to force the matter and buy millions of lottery-tickets you drastically raise your chances of winning.
But if you don't like losing then perhaps you shouldn't even participate in the lottery in the first place.

Now here comes the funny part: The lottery presented to us by Funzio is for FREE! Everyone has the chance to win stuff without investing anything but time. We are also given the possibility to increase (not guarantee) our chances buy buying gold. This is NOT mandatory nor does it guarantee anything to anyone.

Sometimes luck is on your side and sometimes it isn't. I don't hear of people running to their lawyers because they didn't win the lottery. Even if they spent tons of money trying to do so.

Mcdoc
04-16-2012, 12:54 AM
It's not the "lottery" element, it's the way the odds CHANGE from the beginning to the end. Kinda like finding out the Roulette table was rigged - the chance that seemed to be random actually was boosted against you to be "less random".

The bottom line is, why make it hard? If more people win from spending a little gold, then more people will spend more gold on the next event. Win-Win-Payday! It just seems counter-productive when the events are really a marketing tool to raise money, but instead seem to raise tempers.

No one doubts that it is chance, it just feels like it chance slightly modified against the natural order of chance :)

Corporal Denney
04-16-2012, 04:39 AM
It's not the "lottery" element, it's the way the odds CHANGE from the beginning to the end. Kinda like finding out the Roulette table was rigged - the chance that seemed to be random actually was boosted against you to be "less random".

The bottom line is, why make it hard? If more people win from spending a little gold, then more people will spend more gold on the next event. Win-Win-Payday! It just seems counter-productive when the events are really a marketing tool to raise money, but instead seem to raise tempers.

No one doubts that it is chance, it just feels like it chance slightly modified against the natural order of chance :)

Change slightly!!!!!!!
Change radically is more like it. You know whay i accept about the lottery - the odds NEVER CHANGE. So we play because we understand the odds are against us but the odds aren't rigged like this %#&@:¥\]%][}? Event. They let everyone find 9 easily but make it next to impossible to get 10. I don't mind playing when it is fair but I hate it when the game is rigged. If I play until the next event you can bet I won't participate and I will recommend everyone to ignore it also. But as of now I am just disgusted with the game. 8 of first 11 gave me the airplane part. Then it took 6 more to get the 9th. The next 40 gave me a bunch of supply freights, some command tanks, some merits, three ally's and a ****load of "Sorry". The last 6 were "Sorry".
The whole event was sorry. I spent too much time waiting for that hour to be up so I could get shot down again. I won't be making that mistake again. There are far better ways to get frustrated.

Binhumbled
04-16-2012, 07:06 AM
I didn't expect much from this event and if nothing else I won some units I didn't have. The first day I won eight plane parts and one with two days and then got the last one yesterday with five hour to spare. I didn't have to use gold to
Get the last part. I was frustrated with the first two events and was starting to think it was rigged but it's just a
Lotto event.

Hubolds
04-16-2012, 01:34 PM
... and I spent $100 to get 9 and am pissed as hell. I will not spend another dime on the game, but will happily continue to play for free. Funzio could have been huge, but they don't understand their demographic and what a gold mine they were sitting on. Hopefully they are happy with their current return and be content with sticking their head in the sand. They whiffed big time on this opportunity.