PDA

View Full Version : Funzio - Please Read - Better PVP Item Drops

Burn
04-12-2012, 07:57 AM
I am now at the stage of the game where almost any item that drops during a PvP fight is useless to me.

Problem is, I am not even high level yet. So the frustration must be considerably more for those players that are at high levels.

At its core Crime City is a game where fighting and robbing are key.

Fighting for little or no reward leads to a sense of apathy, which in turn leads to boredom, which in turn again may lead to removal of the App from my phone.

So if fighting becomes superfluous as regards the potential rewards, what are the options?

Well robbing is the obvious one, but again, at the higher levels many players are experienced enough that they have their pay-out times synchronized, so robbing can quickly become tiresome and, yep, boring. Where's that App delete button gone?

The irony is that the further you go through the game, where the rewards should be increasing, they are not. Any game based on leveling has to reward player perseverance and loyalty with ever greater rewards.

Yes you extended Thug Life, but that is hampered by the number of players that have dropped to 499 mob size.

I am also aware that I have the option of camping and economy building, but for me, and presumably others who are more interested in combat, this isn't of interest to me at all. It's Crime City. I want to commit crime, not count beans.

The game needs better item drops for fighting at the higher levels, or else fighting becomes an exercise in futility.

Not game changing drops, not drops that will reduce reliance on Gold for the high flyers - but frankly dropping Butterfly Knives like leaves in Autumn is ridiculous when you are a higher level player.

Bottom line: The game needs better item drops for fighting at the higher levels.

mnju_03
04-12-2012, 08:13 AM
Well said.

lkm
04-12-2012, 08:26 AM
+1

For me, the only loots that can increase my stat only left the pimp's lowrider and armored police truck. 1 or 2 more weeks, I will have 500 armored police truck. For pimp's lowrider, besides the rarity, it is easily replaced by double decker/exelero. Therefore there are no longer benefits soon to me.

Hope there are new loots for high level. Perhaps you may set requisite condition to gain new loots like starting appearing new loots after you have got certain no. of certain specific loots.

blondealex
04-12-2012, 08:33 AM
Agree 100%

Dipstik
04-12-2012, 08:35 AM
Although I do enjoy the thought of 300 guys rushing screaming into battle carrying nail bats and wearing Irish boxers...

silverbackspur
04-12-2012, 12:59 PM
This really does need addressing, hope they have plans for increased weapons.

Rhino72
04-12-2012, 01:03 PM
I agree 100% as well. If you have put in the time and effort to get to high levels (sorry campers but just trying to make a point since leveling in any game usually gets you the better items) then you should have the ability to get better PVP loot drops. You will only be able to use those new drops against the same higher level people that have the same opportunities to get them as well.

dudeman
04-12-2012, 01:10 PM
I agree.

It would be cool if a certain number of PvP loot was required to unlock new PvP loot. Like maybe 250 or 500 Butterfly Knives could unlock something, 250 or 500 Nail Bats could unlock something else, etc.

That might be a cool system to have for respect items too if there are ever any new respect weapons introduced.

Rhino72
04-12-2012, 01:11 PM
I agree.

It would be cool if a certain number of PvP loot was required to unlock new PvP loot. Like maybe 250 or 500 Butterfly Knives could unlock something, 250 or 500 Nail Bats could unlock something else, etc.

That might be a cool system to have for respect items too if there are ever any new respect weapons introduced.

Another very nice idea.

buddylee
04-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Another very nice idea.

I agree. That would be awesome.

Giedrius
04-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Totally agree with all apart from Rhino's idea because we don't fight low level guys anyway. Now it's 142-200 levels, I'm sure then there will be more high levelers Funzio will increase from 142 to something higher like they did before

blondealex
04-12-2012, 01:40 PM
I agree.

I like that idea

eka6484
04-12-2012, 02:53 PM
You really put your point accross very well Burn

Rhino72
04-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Totally agree with all apart from Rhino's idea because we don't fight low level guys anyway. Now it's 142-200 levels, I'm sure then there will be more high levelers Funzio will increase from 142 to something higher like they did before

Giedrius, is 142 the level where you can start seeing many higher? I am at 134 and it has always been 1 to 2 levels. When does that change? Thanks

dudeman
04-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Giedrius, is 142 the level where you can start seeing many higher? I am at 134 and it has always been 1 to 2 levels. When does that change? Thanks

I don't know what the rivals list would look like for someone at level 142, but that's the lowest level the HL players can currently see.

DenZ1
04-12-2012, 07:22 PM
I'm with you guys on this. Loot just doesn't make any sense anymore.

Ghost818
04-12-2012, 08:19 PM
@ Dudeman & Burn PM me when you get the chance.

Shoes
04-13-2012, 03:35 AM
Hi Rhino I am level 151 I am seen by 200s and below, I can see up to 162. If lucky to get hit by higher gold gods, I make sure I get in there asap and carry out a quick hit and run. I can rob up to 12k higher than my attack stats and yes will lose a few but win the odd one and the payout is worth it. They of course pound me back but then they are standing in line at this level.

Nudie
04-13-2012, 06:48 AM
I don't really pay attention to PvP drops anymore. Just do it for the respect points. Like the ideas of better loot and/or ability to trade in the piles of butterfly knives and nail bats. I've also stopped farming to try to slow down my levelling. Just do thug life and the odd robbery. Besides, there're not much left to farm anyways.

Rhino72
04-13-2012, 07:07 AM
Hi Rhino I am level 151 I am seen by 200s and below, I can see up to 162. If lucky to get hit by higher gold gods, I make sure I get in there asap and carry out a quick hit and run. I can rob up to 12k higher than my attack stats and yes will lose a few but win the odd one and the payout is worth it. They of course pound me back but then they are standing in line at this level.

Thanks Shoes. I should see you in a few weeks I hope :o

Swifty
04-13-2012, 07:09 AM
We need better pvp loot.

But I also like the idea of trading in pvp loot for better items. For example, you trade in 100 nail bats and get a better item in return.

Dillinja
04-13-2012, 10:31 AM
In MW, they changed the PVP loot after a while. The new loot is a lot better than the old drops.
It can be done, just matter of wanting to....

sez
04-13-2012, 11:11 AM
I agree on this 1000000%. The only item that helps me is the Pimp's Lowrider. However I have more then doubled my Lowrider count in the past week. I am at 16 now. At 1 point I had over 30,000 fights won and only had 3 Lowriders.