PDA

View Full Version : PvE drop rates

doug19
04-12-2012, 03:58 AM
Have these been slashed again since the loaded dice event?
Before the event I was getting DDs from empire airport fairly regularly but since the event they have dried up, anyone else noticed this?

enahs1
04-12-2012, 05:54 AM
What is a dd

jmeijer
04-12-2012, 06:17 AM
Double Decker.. a quite strong vehicle.

enahs1
04-12-2012, 06:25 AM
Oh, well for me the drop rates seemed to increase. I farm the armored police truck 4/19 at Chinatown and I usually never get any but I'm getting one every bar of energy now...

Aid
04-12-2012, 06:29 AM
I have moved onto the black market, the bosses drop some great stuff and you always get something. Although it is a ton of energy

Swifty
04-12-2012, 06:29 AM
1) Funzio's random number generator produces very streaky results

OR

2) There are other co-factors that affect drop rates besides just random numbers.

For a long time, I was convinced it was #1, but now I am not sure.

Aid
04-12-2012, 06:32 AM

OR

2) There are other co-factors that affect drop rates besides just random numbers.

I agree Swifty, I think #2 is the biggest influence in drop rates

Rhino72
04-12-2012, 06:56 AM
I agree Swifty, I think #2 is the biggest influence in drop rates

Suggestions on what the "co-factors" might be? If I wasn't at Octagon Alley now I would guess I need to start doing 2 or 3 hits and writing results / times back down on a spreadsheet. Khung lives....

enahs1
04-12-2012, 07:05 AM
Where is the location of the dd empire airport

Maniaxe
04-12-2012, 07:19 AM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?15506-The-quot-Best-of-the-Best-quot-Guides!

This has A LOT of great information look in the Jobs Rewards Spreadsheet, but I'll save you some time and tell you its the City Bus 660k buy in 3x215exp required.

enahs1
04-12-2012, 07:22 AM
Thanks, that's a huge buy in though

Lager
04-12-2012, 07:26 AM
The buy in at the old place was like 12 mil.

omnus
04-12-2012, 07:54 AM
I havn't had one DD drop at airport since last event. Spent a $hit load of energy trying.. Thought I was just having a bad luck streak, but this is terrible.

murf
04-12-2012, 12:48 PM

OR

I think it's been proven that the mind has a very hard time processing realized results vs predicted probabilities. Most people on this forum just state anecdotal evidence of increased/decreased drop rates and try to attribute it to something other then randomness, because the mind searches for an answer other then randomness. If you want to prove something, maintain a detail results log and then analyze the data. Don't just come to conclusions based on feel for low-probability events. That is a recipe for disaster.

It's probably not #2, it might be #1, but I think it's most likely just random. And when you you are farming an item 30 times a day. That's 1,000 clicks a month multiplied by how many forums members? Some low probability outcomes will occur. And those outcomes are what get posted on this forum, which leads to these random theories. Just my two cents.

deuces
04-12-2012, 02:18 PM
I have moved onto the black market, the bosses drop some great stuff and you always get something. Although it is a ton of energy

along these lines, was thinking of switching to octagon alley. The people dont show up tho...i can click show jobs and theres an arrow on blank people so i can find who i want the first time...but once i complete the job, i wont be able to find them anymore.

I know i saw something about this before, and maybe a fix? What are people doing about this?

funnyman
04-12-2012, 02:21 PM
along these lines, was thinking of switching to octagon alley. The people dont show up tho...i can click show jobs and theres an arrow on blank people so i can find who i want the first time...but once i complete the job, i wont be able to find them anymore.

I know i saw something about this before, and maybe a fix? What are people doing about this?

I am pretty sure I read that deleting than re-installing the game fixed the issue

deuces
04-12-2012, 02:23 PM
oooh, thats easy . thanks!

edit: worked for me.

Max Power
04-12-2012, 03:19 PM

OR

The seeds of doubt, they have been planted. This is he beginning of the end.