PDA

View Full Version : TL vs Robbing (Maths is Fun!)

Ramshutu
04-11-2012, 03:45 PM
I have been doing a little maths crunching with Thug Life Goals, asking myself the question:

"When does robbing give a better XP / RP payoff than completing thuglife."

Now, to start off, I have a Sig (or at least the < 81 version of it), so I get more RP per attack. Having crunched the numbers on 975 seperate attacks, I have obtained a total 9107 xp for 4859 xp. The XP ranges from 1 -> 18 with my RP ranging from 2 - 8.

This yields an overall XP per attack as 9.34, and RP per attack as 4.98.

Thuglife, obviously has 100 xp and 500 rp rewards; but also includes an "implicit" RP rewards of items that are gained. I have worked out (very roughly) that the average RP of earned items is about 125 per TL goal. (This is a little on the high side, as it is just the average of the last 110 TL goals averaged).

So, this means that the overall XP / RP ratio of ANY given Thuglife goal is:

Total XP Earned / Total RP Earned = Ratio

( TL * rph + 625 ) / ( TL * xph + 100 ) = Ratio.

Where TL is the "number of attacks" required for a given Thuglife, NOT the thuglife number.
rph is the average Respect points per hit and xph is the average xp per hit.

Reversing this equation, you can get the following equation:

TL = ( Ratio * 100 - 625 ) / ( rph - Ratio * xph );

This allows you to calculate the numbe of TL attacks required to meet a particular XP Ratio. This can then be directly compared to robbing statistics.

So, lets use the following XP ratio's earned by robbing:

Lofts: ~3
L7 Laundromats: ~2.5
Collection Agencies: ~ 2.25
Clothing Stores: ~ 0.8

Plugging in these ratio's into the equation above yields the following TL "number of attacks:

Lofts: TL Requiring 14 attacks.
L7 Laundromats: TL requiring 21 attacks
Collection Agencies: TL requiring 25 attacks
Clothing Stores: TL requiring 223 attacks

However, as the average RP per attack is 5, and the average RP payout for a TL goal is 625 (due to earned items), it is almost invariably better in terms of Stam per RP to go for TL.

For me, as TL is nice, but I am looking for biggest RP bang for my XP Buck, so I am intending to go XP Farming by robbing (I am up to TL ~140 requiring > 75 attacks).

Enjoy!

iteachem
04-11-2012, 03:54 PM
I love the data crunching thanks...I am staying with tl for now for the loot drops as as well, but will hit lofts etc when they have money

Santa
04-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Cool. I hate math.

I'm at the point where I can't see high enough to complete my TL goal. I like where I am right now (top 5%) and I'm not ready to move up the brackets just yet.

kinghansen
04-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Nice number crunching. I have been doing exclusively robberies since level 50, no TL for me. This is the best way to get the most RP possible per level. Also, if you knock clothing stores out of the equation, you get even more respect per level. I dont rob clothing stores myself.

Santa
04-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Nice number crunching. I have been doing exclusively robberies since level 50, no TL for me. This is the best way to get the most RP possible per level. Also, if you knock clothing stores out of the equation, you get even more respect per level. I dont rob clothing stores myself.

+1

I can always catch up on TL goals later when I have a bunch of RP. :)

Giedrius
04-11-2012, 06:18 PM
+1

I can always catch up on TL goals later when I have a bunch of RP. :)

Hmmm what you call bunch of RP? Last few weeks I was averaging 40k RP a week... Yes one day you finaly will do TL, but I'm taking benefits of extra RP now.

Santa
04-11-2012, 06:28 PM
I meant RP weapons. If you get more RP per level while robbing you will have more strong RP items. Sorry for the confusion.

J-Rizzi
04-12-2012, 07:00 AM
Math aside. a few weeks ago i was only robbing for money. my rivals were getting harder and harder to do that to. then i started attacking and accomplishing the TL, Win Streak, Champ, HH and between the loot drops and respect earned I can now rob 80% of my rivals. Now I'm all about balancing attack vs robbing, and only robbing when getting back good cash.

Ramshutu
04-12-2012, 11:59 AM
Hmmm what you call bunch of RP? Last few weeks I was averaging 40k RP a week... Yes one day you finaly will do TL, but I'm taking benefits of extra RP now.

It's swings and roundabouts. If you want to earn the most RP per level, go robbery. If you want to earn more RP per stamina, go thug life.

frenda
04-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Math aside. a few weeks ago i was only robbing for money. my rivals were getting harder and harder to do that to. then i started attacking and accomplishing the TL, Win Streak, Champ, HH and between the loot drops and respect earned I can now rob 80% of my rivals. Now I'm all about balancing attack vs robbing, and only robbing when getting back good cash.

+1 I'm with you on this. I think this game is very much about balance. I love the guys who buy really cool "gold" weapons, but then don't have enough vehicles or armor for all their members, so they have crap attack and defend. One of the big draws for me to this game is that I can do TL when I want, rob or attack, then farm for a while. Whatever the mood hits me. :)

Dr BoneCrusher
06-09-2012, 07:29 AM
It's swings and roundabouts. If you want to earn the most RP per level, go robbery. If you want to earn more RP per stamina, go thug life.

Done doing thug life for a while leveling way to fast. But in the middle to upper levels running across buildings with good RP ep ratio could be a good time to take a look at the new buildings Ramshutu