PDA

View Full Version : New Forums Are Coming! (and some forum downtime)

L Fizzle
04-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Hey Everyone,

Since coming to Funzio two months ago I've spent a lot of time speaking with you all on these forums and individually. It's been fascinating to get see and hear how you're interacting with each other, the game, and Funzio.

Starting tomorrow afternoon the forums will feel a bit different. The look will be the same, but I'm changing the what they're organized. I hope you like it and I hope you'll continue to participate and welcome all the new users!

That being said...

The forum will be unavailable tomorrow morning from 8am-12pm Pacific time.

Best,

Lauren

Dreno33
04-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Cool!

Hey L Fizzle, did you get my email and PM?

War Priest
04-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Forum downtime....? =(

Bronson
04-11-2012, 02:39 PM
The forum will be unavailable tomorrow morning from 8am-12pm Pacific time.

What time will that be for us Brits?

L Fizzle
04-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Cool!

Hey L Fizzle, did you get my email and PM?

Yes...let's wait until new forums tomorrow. :)

Dreno33
04-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Very interesting... I'm excited to see the new forums.

Guesses anyone?

New OT forum? lol

Bronson
04-11-2012, 02:49 PM
I think they will change the order so that MW appears above CC as it is so much better and has much better forum members (with the exception of bigflan) lol

Also if anyone wants to see what a roasted stricker looks like tune in to the "Where were you???" thread :)

bigflan
04-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Why thank you Bronson

Sugarymama
04-11-2012, 02:53 PM
Downtime on the forum????? I hope some people don't explode from the agony..lol.

L Fizzle
04-11-2012, 03:02 PM
Very interesting... I'm excited to see the new forums.

Guesses anyone?

New OT forum? lol

Thought about it...but you guys can't be trusted.

War Priest
04-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Thought about it...but you guys can't be trusted.

Well some of us CAN, it's just some people create idiotic threads. =)

You know what I mean, but I get you.

Bronson
04-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Might as well have the downtime now the forum is dead

L Fizzle
04-11-2012, 03:16 PM
When I have delete threads containing certain questions about certain community managers (Read: Inappropriate chat about me)

....I know you aren't ready for an OT section. #justsayin

Bronson
04-11-2012, 03:20 PM
When I have delete threads containing certain questions about certain community managers (Read: Inappropriate chat about me)

True that, thought it was a very childish thread to create and even I didnt wanna post on it!

By the way, were there always 4 crime city forums?

War Priest
04-11-2012, 03:21 PM

...and that is what I was refering too. I reported it and commented that isn't right. I apologize for their stupidity L Fizzle. =/

marebear
04-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Hey Lauren, Thanks for all the hard work you are doing. Any chance of a cure for grunts disease? Aka ally in a box.

stricker
04-11-2012, 03:30 PM
Thought about it...but you guys can't be trusted....WOW!!! ...that SERIOUSLY HURTS L Fizzle! ...i'll be good, promise!!!

(tol... glad i have my fingers crossed. hee hee heh ;)

bigflan
04-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Hey what happened to my turret operator idea hopefully it's in development but if not I guess I'll come up with another unit.
Is there gonna be a suggestion section where your ideas go straight to funzio to be looked at

stricker
04-11-2012, 03:37 PM

...and that is what I was refering too. I reported it and commented that isn't right. I apologize for their stupidity L Fizzle. =/

i missed that, but heard about it... yes, that's way out of line!

along w/marebear... thanks for all you are hard work!

JMC
04-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Hey what happened to my turret operator idea hopefully it's in development but if not I guess I'll come up with another unit.
Is there gonna be a suggestion section where your ideas go straight to funzio to be looked at

Don't know why you keep going on about the turret operator. Just imagine a man controlling the turret defence buildings or something.

BrodawgCanada
04-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Hat is a OT forum?? Ohhhhh open thread?? That would not be good, there would be alot of profanity!!

War Priest
04-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Hat is a OT forum?? Ohhhhh open thread?? That would not be good, there would be alot of profanity!!

Off Topic. We aren't going to get it though because some people don't use their minds to it's fullest advantage.

Mcdoc
04-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Off Topic. We aren't going to get it though because some people don't use their minds to it's fullest advantage.

Which is exactly why an In-Game chat would take away from the game versus adding any real value IMHO

And Oh yeah - maybe you could limit the amount of posts per person to 10 per day - well maybe just for a select few - Just saying :)

War Priest
04-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Which is exactly why an In-Game chat would take away from the game versus adding any real value IMHO

What do you mean Mcdoc, how does that deal with an off topic forum on here?

JohnnyR
04-11-2012, 08:26 PM
What do you mean Mcdoc, how does that deal with an off topic forum on here?

It's analogous to the problems too many people with too few wits would cause, both here, and in in game chat.

War Priest
04-11-2012, 08:29 PM
It's analogous to the problems too many people with too few wits would cause, both here, and in in game chat.

Ah, got it. Was a little slow at catching on.

It is quite sad, but nothing we can really do about people like that.

overkill 280
04-11-2012, 08:58 PM
So do you think these new forums, are going to be good or bad?

War Priest
04-11-2012, 09:09 PM
So do you think these new forums, are going to be good or bad?

I think they will be better. L Fizzle is pretty good at listening to us players. What I do think is they should enforce a "warning then IP ban policy". Right now if a player gets banned, they can go use a different email and come back.

Or even a suspention policy where a player gets banned for a set amount of time such as two weeks. I know that other forums have these from personal experience. :p

overkill 280
04-11-2012, 11:33 PM
Hahaha nothing better then a little experience.

Tate
04-12-2012, 12:31 AM
12:30 PST and the forum list has already been reorganized!

Mcdoc
04-12-2012, 12:48 AM
Just hope don't lose all of the valuable posts already here - there are some amazing resources here for new players :)

Sugarymama
04-12-2012, 07:13 AM
I agree Mcdoc, but perhaps they should be housed in another section of this site. Something like "Game Playing Information and Tips". This way, people can talk ONLY about the game and not personal things or topics that have nothing to do with MW.

The pattern I noticed during the short time I've been on the forum is that most of the time the topic will start off as a game-related one, but as the thread lengthens, it veers off and becomes something totally different, and if you're not a regular chatter up here, it can be confusing (and sometimes frustrating), when you just need to get an answer.

It's natural for players who regularly visit the form to become buddies and have conversations that have nothing to do with the game, but that group of players are small compared to the thousands of other players who just want info. Perhaps the changes are going to separate game and non-game chat.

War Priest
04-12-2012, 11:53 AM
The forums look pretty nice! =)

So are we suppose to put all our creative ideas and suggestions all in general?

And I do think the technical thread might be a problem since it is all one.

Dreno33
04-12-2012, 11:59 AM
no, the technical thread is categorized into sub forums. i think its a smart move. I wonder what else they did. it couldn't have taken them 4 hours to do just that and transfer the threads. hmmm.

Dreno33
04-12-2012, 12:01 PM
The pattern I noticed during the short time I've been on the forum is that most of the time the topic will start off as a game-related one, but as the thread lengthens, it veers off and becomes something totally different, and if you're not a regular chatter up here, it can be confusing (and sometimes frustrating), when you just need to get an answer.

It's natural for players who regularly visit the form to become buddies and have conversations that have nothing to do with the game, but that group of players are small compared to the thousands of other players who just want info.

I guess i made the sticky in perfect timing(:

War Priest
04-12-2012, 12:06 PM
no, the technical thread is categorized into sub forums. i think its a smart move. I wonder what else they did. it couldn't have taken them 4 hours to do just that and transfer the threads. hmmm.

Yeah but the sub forums are for the devices. All games for iOS share the same technical thread.

Dreno33
04-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Yeah but the sub forums are for the devices. All games for iOS share the same technical thread.

All they have to do though is name the game in the title. and, since such different words (units/weapons. allies/mafia. base/hood) are used. it would be self explanatory most likely even if not specified(:

War Priest
04-12-2012, 12:24 PM
All they have to do though is name the game in the title. and, since such different words (units/weapons. allies/mafia. base/hood) are used. it would be self explanatory most likely even if not specified(:

That is what we like to think. Dreno buddy, you know that it isn't going to happen like that. It's usually first posters who go there and request help. They don't know what to say. =P

Dreno33
04-12-2012, 12:31 PM
That is what we like to think. Dreno buddy, you know that it isn't going to happen like that. It's usually first posters who go there and request help. They don't know what to say. =P

Lol greeeeeeat. Didnt think of that. Funzio should probably add a sticky titled "Post Game name within Title of thread (MW/CC)" then give more details in the sticky to help others post easier reading threads to help the devs help them.

Here that Lauren? Just a thought, WP brought up a good point.

War Priest
04-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Here that Lauren? Just a thought, WP brought up a good point.

Yep, I did! =)

Oh well...we must adapt and survive by the tools we were given.

Mcdoc
04-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Since I pretty much just hang out here in the "General" part of MW - I guess not much changed for my experience :)

I can see why the people responsible for tracking down technical errors wanted it consolidated :)

stricker
04-12-2012, 02:27 PM
L Fizzle, CJ, Boomer, CC Mark... FYI testing the boards out for a few moments on my iPhone have been very smooth and fast loads. No problems so far like it was before with graphic loading slow or not at all. You guys have done a great job streamlining the whole setup from that perspective.

I have had one problem but it might just be specific to my safari browser on this device. When I click on the 'reply to thread' button at the top left of the page, it does not direct me down to the UI comment input window at the bottom of the page.... (I have my forum settings in ascending order for new post as opposed to the default that most members probably use)

At first glance it looks like fewer, simpler catagories because most memebers tend to post in general anyway. [and some just Post where ever they feel like, haha but im not going to start naming names;] Anyway, i like what i see so far although I cannot comment too much on overall layout and yet because I haven't looked around enough just yet.

Thanks for all of your efforts to make this a better experience for us all!

Dreno33
04-12-2012, 02:47 PM
I just posted a new thread on suggestions for future posters in the tech forums. what do you think guys? Am i missing something?

War Priest
04-12-2012, 02:53 PM
I just posted a new thread on suggestions for future posters in the tech forums. what do you think guys? Am i missing something?

Looks all good to me! =)

Maybe you and I should go get a degree in gaming then go knock on Funzio's doors. :p

Dreno33
04-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Looks all good to me! =)

Maybe you and I should go get a degree then go knock onf Funzio's doors. :p

almost getting one soon! this is still my first year in college and will be a class or two away from a Junior at the end of the summer. Im trying to get a Bachelor's in Business Admin (concentration: Marketing) in 3 years. So far so good!

JMC
04-13-2012, 01:33 AM
Just noticed i lost like almost 100 posts.

Dreno33
04-13-2012, 01:35 AM

how? did you post a lot in the suggestions or creative forum? they never transferred those here, only deleted

JMC
04-13-2012, 01:36 AM
Probably posted about 10-20 times total in all those other forums.

Dreno33
04-13-2012, 01:38 AM
Probably posted about 10-20 times total in all those other forums.

that's weird. OH HEY WAIT! maybe they went through the general forums and deleted useless threads they created once (like old events, name the LE, etc)

War Priest
04-13-2012, 05:31 AM

Same here. Some of the threads were deleted during the renovation.

L Fizzle
04-13-2012, 09:28 AM
Sorry about that guys....it was unavoidable.

Same here. Some of the threads were deleted during the renovation.

JMC
04-13-2012, 12:09 PM
Why is there no off-topic section. Everytime im going to read a thread there's 10-15 pages of nothing. I don't care if people go off topic for a little bit, but these guys never get back on topic keep going for like 100+ posts.

Coolio
04-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Who really cares!

stricker
04-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Who really cares!
i knew i recognized this idiot!

hey jigsaw... are you looking to get banned again!

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22580-New-event-starting-tomorrow!&p=142719&viewfull=1#post142719
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22580-New-event-starting-tomorrow!&p=142720&viewfull=1#post142720
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22580-New-event-starting-tomorrow!&p=142721&viewfull=1#post142721

L Fizzle
04-13-2012, 03:12 PM
Why is there no off-topic section. Everytime im going to read a thread there's 10-15 pages of nothing. I don't care if people go off topic for a little bit, but these guys never get back on topic keep going for like 100+ posts.

Because I can't trust you guys to not be inappropriate.

JMC
04-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Because I can't trust you guys to not be inappropriate.

Why would they talk about anything other than they already are talking about if there was an off topic section? The things that people talk about on these forums are no where near as inappropriate as just about any thread in almost any other game forum i've ever seen.

People like to communicate with eachother, but they shouldn't have to do it all over someone else's thread. When someone wants to actually discuss the thread topic or look for information they have to search through 90% random chat.

Aidan
04-14-2012, 02:35 AM
I think i'm one of the offender tht JMC mentioned. I'm sry fr this. I'll try to tone it down moving on forwards.
For the OT topics like 'random fact if the day', 'guess my age' n etc is fine to go bonkers IMO but fr a more serious topic, we shud leave it as it is, serious. Note to myself n other offenders (i know i'm nt the only 1! ... Or am i?) 😰

Bronson
04-14-2012, 09:07 AM
I think i'm one of the offender tht JMC mentioned. I'm sry fr this. I'll try to tone it down moving on forwards.
For the OT topics like 'random fact if the day', 'guess my age' n etc is fine to go bonkers IMO but fr a more serious topic, we shud leave it as it is, serious. Note to myself n other offenders (i know i'm nt the only 1! ... Or am i?) ��

Its all Aidan never trust him