PDA

View Full Version : Yet another crates vs buildings thread. Vote and post.

i need muney
04-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Saved up 1200+ gold.
Build both G.Clubs and Palms or sink it into crates and stick with them all the way?
My long-term goal is to stock Jets and that'll require all the econ I can squeeze out.
But raising stats broadens attack/rob pool and on the other hand reduces chance of losing. So crates kinda raise your income too :)
So what do you think?

Nicholost
04-11-2012, 11:31 AM
But raising stats broadens attack/rob pool...
I don't think that's true, dude. I'd bet dollars to donuts that the pool is primarily based off your mafia size. If it were based off stats, everyone would be bracketed equally and there would be no differentiation between the strength players. If stats play a role into how bracketing is constructed, it's not a very big one.

RobYouBlind
04-11-2012, 11:37 AM
Nicholost, I think he was to saying that, by getting stronger, it would increase the number of people he could successfully rob.
I think I would invest the gold into my economy, or at least buy the gents clubs.

Nicholost
04-11-2012, 11:39 AM
Nicholost, I think he was to saying that, by getting stronger, it would increase the number of people he could successfully rob.

Reading it again, I think you are correct. Increased stats, means increased power over opponents, which means an increased number of options to rob and attack. Thanks for the clarification.

askljdhaf4
04-11-2012, 11:44 AM
i would say go with the gold buildings.. of course, i dont know what kind of pool you are in..

my pool, there are prolly 10-20 people that actually level buildings, everyone else just have a bevy of low level crap. On top of that, you cant rob someone that is on top of their stuff. If they are checking their buildings in a timely fashion, then there's nothing you can do. And unless they are no-banking, they wont have any cash on them to attack for.

So that said, if i was in your shoes, i would go with the gold buildings all the way.

Dreno33
04-11-2012, 12:08 PM
I would say in CC definitely income buildings. you can buy very good weapon stats still.

on the other hand, if you planned on playing the game long enough to buy the most expensive well-stated attack and defense weapons for every category. then i would suggest buying crates. that way you will have a few more higher weapons then just in-game cash weapons

(MW gold i think should always be spent on crates

i need muney
04-11-2012, 12:12 PM
i would say go with the gold buildings.. of course, i dont know what kind of pool you are in..

my pool, there are prolly 10-20 people that actually level buildings, everyone else just have a bevy of low level crap. On top of that, you cant rob someone that is on top of their stuff. If they are checking their buildings in a timely fashion, then there's nothing you can do. And unless they are no-banking, they wont have any cash on them to attack for.

So that said, if i was in your shoes, i would go with the gold buildings all the way.
Yeah, nice point too. But seeing how Babytway rubs everybody I figured that I could too :)
At level 132 I'm starting to see an adequate amount of Lofts, Hotels, G.Clubs.

Rhino72
04-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Yeah, nice point too. But seeing how Babytway rubs everybody I figured that I could too :)
At level 132 I'm starting to see an adequate amount of Lofts, Hotels, G.Clubs.

Your stats are already very high for a non item gold user. 24 crates of items and it will barely make a noticeable add on your stats. Build Gclubs and Palms and then get that fleet of planes unless you plan on spending more gold. To throw numbers at this: $1000 equals 15000 gold / 145 for a crate of 3 so you get 309 crate items. 309 items out of a possible 2500 shows how much gold you will really need to play at some of the crazy numbers that have been published.

i need muney
04-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Cant call me a non-gold player, just a no-cash one ;)
Currently I make ~30g a day. That's 3 crates evy 5 days. Does that change the perspective?

Thanks to all of you! I find your arguments valid and my mind is set on gold building. But I've decided to save up to level 165. If nothing changes by then, I'll build all four :)

Plumbernick9
04-11-2012, 08:30 PM
Buy the gold buildings, AND the crates. What's the problem here?

Hank
04-11-2012, 09:45 PM
I'd go with the builings. Im not really liking these wrath crates. I recently bought 39 crates and only got 1 rare item. I'm not saying you'd do as bad as me, but im just saying crates are a gamble, so why not just go for a sure thing

Gaming Will
04-11-2012, 10:08 PM
I'd go with the builings. Im not really liking these wrath crates. I recently bought 39 crates and only got 1 rare item. I'm not saying you'd do as bad as me, but im just saying crates are a gamble, so why not just go for a sure thing

+1 here. If you like to gamble, go with the crates if you want economy go with buildings.

jaywalker
04-12-2012, 12:57 AM
Cant call me a non-gold player, just a no-cash one ;)
Currently I make ~30g a day. That's 3 crates evy 5 days. Does that change the perspective?

Thanks to all of you! I find your arguments valid and my mind is set on gold building. But I've decided to save up to level 165. If nothing changes by then, I'll build all four :)

how the hell do you get 30g a day? I'm lucky if I get 2 new offers one day, some days I don't even get a new one (tapjoy ofc).

edit: Gold buildings. You get way more in the long run

Chiefer
04-12-2012, 01:11 AM
Buy the gold buildings, AND the crates. What's the problem here?

Buy all the good buildings. I would not get the Gaming Parlor. Than the crates.

AppleMacGuy
04-12-2012, 02:03 AM
Currently I make ~30g a day.

How the heck do you manage that exactly? I'd expect 2-5 gold max per day is possible...not 30!

i need muney
04-12-2012, 03:04 AM
How the heck do you manage that exactly? I'd expect 2-5 gold max per day is possible...not 30!
That depends on how persistence you are ;)