PDA

View Full Version : Quality vs. Quantity - which are you?

askljdhaf4
04-11-2012, 12:46 AM
What type of player are you? Do you like to upgrade your buildings, or do you just like to buy a lot of buildings?

Lets be honest, we all see both of these types of players. Some players like to buy 2 of every building it seems, and never upgrade any of them.. they have a whole city of level 1 buildings! Others, they dont buy every building, and dont necessarily buy 2 of every building they do own, but they upgrade what that do have.

Personally, I bought two of each of the good type-A buildings (MT, Loft, working on my second Nightclub) and I upgraded them - because that's the point of a type A building, you get more bang for your buck the more you upgrade. As for the type-B buildings, I pretty much only buy 1 of each of the ones that I want (I skipped the crematorium, and I notice that's a current topic of discussion) and I upgrade those as well.

What kind of player are you, and why?

Hank
04-11-2012, 12:52 AM
What type of player are you? Do you like to upgrade your buildings, or do you just like to buy a lot of buildings?

Lets be honest, we all see both of these types of players. Some players like to buy 2 of every building it seems, and never upgrade any of them.. they have a whole city of level 1 buildings! Others, they dont buy every building, and dont necessarily buy 2 of every building they do own, but they upgrade what that do have.

Personally, I bought two of each of the good type-A buildings (MT, Loft, working on my second Nightclub) and I upgraded them - because that's the point of a type A building, you get more bang for your buck the more you upgrade. As for the type-B buildings, I pretty much only buy 1 of each of the ones that I want (I skipped the crematorium, and I notice that's a current topic of discussion) and I upgrade those as well.

What kind of player are you, and why?

I buy 2 of every building and upgrade them all. You make a lot of money that way

dudeman
04-11-2012, 01:03 AM
I buy as many buildings as I can, so long as they have 24/48 hour payouts. Shorter payouts are ok, but they will get robbed a lot more often than my 24s and 48s.

Not that getting robbed makes me angry, it's just that I would just rather invest the time into owning and upgrading buildings that will be the most rewarding for me, not for my rivals.

I don't really know if my style can be called quality or quantity. I build any and all of the buildings I want, and I upgrade them all too.

askljdhaf4
04-11-2012, 01:14 AM
I buy as many buildings as I can, so long as they have 24/48 hour payouts. Shorter payouts are ok, but they will get robbed a lot more often than my 24s and 48s.

I'd agree with you there.. With the exception of the Nightclub, I focus my efforts/upgrades pretty much on my 12/24/48 hour buildings. I have a good amount of the other buildings, and I make sure that all my buildings are at least level 2 or 3. But the majority of my time my upgrades go towards those 12/24/48 hour buildings, for the simple fact they pay more and they NEVER get robbed because I collect them all at the exact same time every day =)

Burn
04-11-2012, 01:49 AM
Buildings = In Game Money.

In Game Money = Rubbish.

Fight, fight, fight, fight, fight.

Respect yourself, before you wreck yourself.

askljdhaf4
04-11-2012, 05:55 AM
fight fight fight is fun.. i'm more of a rob rob rob kinda guy.

i just wish more people in my pool upgraded their buildings.. im tired of going from hood to hood only to find ALL level one buildings

Maniaxe
04-11-2012, 06:13 AM
"Whether to fight, rob, or build it is all in the name of progress gentleman and progress is the lifeblood on our cities."

I focus on my A buildings and 12/24/48s. I do like having a lot of buildings but I am not going to sacrifice space especially for a long measly pay out.

i just wish more people in my pool upgraded their buildings.. im tired of going from hood to hood only to find ALL level one buildings

I hear that, Iv'e only got about ten people I can rob regularly. The rest are not worth the stamina. I almost feel bad hitting the same people over and over again but I can't send my code because there goes my rob/fight income!

duelblade
04-11-2012, 07:42 AM
im both I tried to own every building and I try to upgrade whatever I can and keep them all equal, I only sell them when I see no point in keeping them and I can replace them with something better

Chancellor
04-11-2012, 07:47 AM
I play both; I have two of every building worth having at level 119 except for a second French Retaurant and Nightclub, and I need to build my two credit agency's too. Once all that is done I'll build a second crematorium just because.

Most of my buildings are upgraded to level 4, 5 or 6, except for my recent builds. They'll be upgraded once my new buildings are finished, in the mean time I'm working on some 36-48 hour building upgrades and building my two nightclubs :)

Rhino72
04-11-2012, 07:55 AM
Buildings = In Game Money.

In Game Money = Rubbish.

Fight, fight, fight, fight, fight.

Respect yourself, before you wreck yourself.

I wouldn't mind an extra 20mil of in game rubbish cash every few days to be able to buy a Lamborghini.

Rhino72
04-11-2012, 07:57 AM
Sorry and I meant to reply to the OP, I am definitely a quality guy. The 6 hour collection on the nightclub scares me but since it is a Type A building I think I just might have to finally bite the bullet.

Burn
04-11-2012, 10:01 AM
I wouldn't mind an extra 20mil of in game rubbish cash every few days to be able to buy a Lamborghini.

Maybe.

But through fighting, I will add 5+ Exeleros today.

I'm pretty sure that Funzio will make some changes to the higher ends of the game, and add better Game Money items, so for sure when that happens those focusing on economy will look like the smart people.

But today, for me, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight :D

@askljdhaf4 When I'm done with Thug Life I'll definitely spend more time robbing than fighting, particularly as by then I should be leveled up to the land of the rich.

As for quantity vs quality, well I have only 1 hood, my victims have thousands, that is the important 'quantity', and I will try to ensure I levy a 40% tax on as many of them as possible ;)

So the only 'quality' I care about are my Attack and Defense stats.

frenda
04-11-2012, 10:15 AM
I'm a mix of both. I also like attacking and robbing, I guess I enjoy all facets of the game. I just wish upgrades and expansions wouldn't take so friggin long!!!