PDA

View Full Version : Calculation on Attack/Def (Items/Defense Building)

QQ_QQ
04-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Hi, I have read up on the 'Best of the Best guides' and etc. But the language or references used in the
guides are too hard/difficult for me to understand.. Is there anyone who can explain it in simple terms?

I am a level 28 currently.. but I am losing most of my fights and basically the points used to fight for me
is useless, the only thing I can use is the energy points..

Firstly, I want to increase my attack and defense. For defense, I have bought Riot Helmets, I would like to
ask how do you guys calculate the defense?

For e.g: I bought 10 riot helmets. That means 10 attack / 80 defense.
And I have probably 10 military goggles which means 10 attack / 40 defense.

What will be my overall defense when sometime attacks me?
Would it be 80defense or 40defense? or 120 defense??

The guide says we can use 500 armors/weapons and etc.. So which defense would it be??
(Regarding 500 armors, it means mixed of armors or of only one kind?)

How about guard towers/defense buildings, how do they come into consideration when others attack
me?

For attacking, I have 400 attack and I tried attack a 300 attack guy but I still lost..
Please enlighten me.. I am a noob confused guy here..

EDIT: Any tips n places for me to farm/do work on to get good attack/defense weapons?? I am level 28.. I cant unlock boardwalk yet..

Nicholost
04-10-2012, 10:34 PM
1) Download the Excel file from the link below.
2) Enter all of your inventory and building into the spreadsheet.
3) Run scenarios to determine how to improve your stats.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?23214-Yet-Another-Stats-Spreadsheet-one-for-items-*and*-buildings

That is easier than trying to explain the many "Best of the Best guides" in simpler language.

QQ_QQ
04-10-2012, 11:07 PM
I downloaded and run that thing.

I swear that's worse than the "best of the best guide"

It is a hell of a mess in there and I am bad at using microsoft office..

The names and things are all over the place.. And I have to fill every single one of them..

I appreciate the intention of helping though..

Any kind souls willing to explain to me the questions I listed in the first post of this thread? Please?

Lars
04-11-2012, 01:45 AM
It is a hell of a mess in there and I am bad at using microsoft office..

Hi, I am the guy who created the mess. :cool:

The names and things are all over the place.. And I have to fill every single one of them.
Well, not really. You can leave the item counts empty for equipment you do not own. And if you are only interested in Attack and Defense you can ignore the money buildings.

For the rest of the entries: Yes, you have to fill them out. If you don't use the sheet you have to take the same items into account but have to do the same computation by hand. Will be much more work (unless one is in the very early levels, owning only a dozen items).

Any kind souls willing to explain to me the questions I listed in the first post of this thread? Please?

The number of guns you bring in a fight is limited by you effective mob size. That's the number of members of your mafia but capped at level*5 for levels up to 100 and 500 above. Considering your level being 28 means that you can use 5*28=140 guns to a fight *if* your mafia has at least 140 members. For attacking the guns with the best attack value will be chosen (if you have more than to equip your mob), for defending against attacks the guns with the best defense value.

Same for melee items, armor, explosives and vehicles.

Defense buildings and defense against robbery are much more difficult to explain. Use the sheet. :p

QQ_QQ
04-11-2012, 03:41 AM
Hi, I am the guy who created the mess. :cool:

Well, not really. You can leave the item counts empty for equipment you do not own. And if you are only interested in Attack and Defense you can ignore the money buildings.

For the rest of the entries: Yes, you have to fill them out. If you don't use the sheet you have to take the same items into account but have to do the same computation by hand. Will be much more work (unless one is in the very early levels, owning only a dozen items).

The number of guns you bring in a fight is limited by you effective mob size. That's the number of members of your mafia but capped at level*5 for levels up to 100 and 500 above. Considering your level being 28 means that you can use 5*28=140 guns to a fight *if* your mafia has at least 140 members. For attacking the guns with the best attack value will be chosen (if you have more than to equip your mob), for defending against attacks the guns with the best defense value.

Same for melee items, armor, explosives and vehicles.

Defense buildings and defense against robbery are much more difficult to explain. Use the sheet. :p

Thanks.. So If I'm level 28, I should be able to use 140 guns at one attack, but because I have only probably 20 mafia member, I'm only allowed to use 20 guns? Is that right??

Somehow, it's still very hard to win a battle.. I don't know what to farm and etc..

ANYWAYS, THANK U FOR NOT SCOLDING ME FOR SAYING U HAVE A MESSY TABLE xD
& U EVEN EXPLAINED TO ME!

Lars
04-11-2012, 07:27 AM
Thanks.. So If I'm level 28, I should be able to use 140 guns at one attack, but because I have only probably 20 mafia member, I'm only allowed to use 20 guns? Is that right??

Yes, 20 guns, 20 melee items, 20 armor items, 20 explosives and 20 vehicles.

Gaming Will
04-11-2012, 07:44 AM
Each mafia member can carry 1 gun, 1 melee, 1 explosive, 1 armor, 1 vehicle.

For every level you can use 5 mafia members.

You are losing because you only have 20 mafia when you could have at least 140 mafia.

murf
04-11-2012, 08:00 AM

Somehow, it's still very hard to win a battle.. I don't know what to farm and etc..

ANYWAYS, THANK U FOR NOT SCOLDING ME FOR SAYING U HAVE A MESSY TABLE xD
& U EVEN EXPLAINED TO ME!

Here is my recommendation. With your RP. Buy a few (25) combat boots, then buy NVB until you are consistently winning fights, then save for chain whips. You will get a bunch of low level guns and melee from fighting, so farm Lowriders at Junkyard-Muscle Car when you unlock at level 30.

QQ_QQ
04-12-2012, 01:22 AM
Thanks murf.. its even better giving me a guide line to follow :D

Edit: But what is NVB?

murf
04-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Thanks murf.. its even better giving me a guide line to follow :D

Edit: But what is NVB?

Night Vision Binoculars.... When spending RP, try to think long-term, as soon as you feel you are reasonably strong for your level, try and focus on end-game items (Chain Whips, Exceleros, RPGs) the only mid-range item that is argued for an end-game strategy is NVB. Because of it's 16A/16D vs Full Combat Gear's 17A/27D. It's 3/8 the price and in the end-game you can buy FBI shields 1A/24D, to bolster your defense at that point. There are differences in opinion on this one. But almost everyone agrees that you cannot go wrong with Chain Whips.

QQ_QQ
04-13-2012, 11:18 PM
ok.. i'll just purchase a couple of NVB first..

and how do u get chain whips?

the 1 u buy when u get 40 mafia members??