PDA

View Full Version : Chiefer for Moderator!

Ram
04-10-2012, 02:59 PM
I'm giving a shout out to my boy Chiefer. I hope Marky Mark ans Fo Shizzle listen and make this happen!

VOTE FOR CHIEFER!

http://i44.tinypic.com/15nuc0o.gif

Dreno33
04-10-2012, 03:11 PM
"You don't even go here!"

Luke7676
04-10-2012, 03:11 PM
No I don't think so buddy. He is truly a selfish idiot haha. Besides funzio will not make a member a mod. And if they did it would probably be Priesty. Not anyone else fault but chiefers for posting that bs in cc forum. Wp an dreno have helped this forum out a lot along with the older senior members.

bigflan
04-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Wait do moderators get paid? And also WP deserves to be a moderator before any of us do

Dreno33
04-10-2012, 03:15 PM
No I don't think so buddy. He is truly a selfish idiot haha. Besides funzio will not make a member a mod. And if they did it would probably be Priesty. Not anyone else fault but chiefers for posting that bs in cc forum. Wp an dreno have helped this forum out a lot along with the older senior members.

thanks man. good to hear that. I better shush up now, this is another OT post.

Dreno33
05-15-2012, 12:19 AM
Did you know that posting is a competition???

Check your progress HERE (http://www.funzio.com/forum/memberlist.php?order=desc&sort=posts&pp=30).

Race you to the top!(:

War Priest
05-15-2012, 12:20 AM
Why did you have to bump this?

Dreno33
05-15-2012, 12:21 AM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?29407-New-Event-New-Limited-Edition-Units-and-New-Crates/page2

Posts #41 to #53(:

Maverick50727
05-16-2012, 08:10 AM
Did you know that posting is a competition???

Check your progress HERE (http://www.funzio.com/forum/memberlist.php?order=desc&sort=posts&pp=30).

Race you to the top!(:

Dreno, now this isn't aimed at you or WP, but people in general so don't take this personal. It is just something people should think about and if they don't agree and want to express their opposition they can reply here. But if you agree and want to reply, just send me a private message instead to reduce clutter.

Competition posting and unrelated replies are the whole problem with the forum. It is not a race to see how many posts one can make especially when many don't know what they are talking about. The forum should be a knowledge base not treated just like a chat room. The chat related threads have helped with some clutter, but with all the excess chatter in most threads these days it is almost impossible for new people to find things and new people often think a forum member's status of "Senior Member" means they know what they are talking about. I've seen people become senior members in 2 days due to their number of posts and other new people started taking their advice as gospel. Really bad, always look for a 2nd or 3rd opnion and decide yourself, even the best can be wrong as only the devs know how the game really works.

I do commend some of your efforts earlier trying to compile some the best of the best stuff, but the need for your efforts just pointed to the real problem. People post too much and results in not being able to find things or know who to go to for help. It is a forum and anyone should feel feel to post if they wish. My signature says it all, live and learn from fools and from sages. So anyone can add value and shouldn't be afraid to post.

I don't claim to be the ultimate expert either, but I hope I add value. My point is to post in moderation. People should research first before asking questions to see if they have been answered already. Also, people should try to make an effort to say "does this post add value to all" or "I'm just chatting with my buddy". If the later, do it in a Private Message. I may not have a lot of threads or posts like some, but I can tell you for every post I do, I probably have 30-40 Private Messages as my inbox is always full.

marebear
05-16-2012, 08:46 AM
I hate these posts Mav. I always feel like their aimed at me. I could understand before when every thread was hijacked, but I try and keep my inane chatter in the "where were you and ffn" threads. Also, I agree with your senior member stuff. I am one but I don't answer questions I don't know or pretend that makes me a mw expert. I think that the search function needs to work better. Or threads should be linked. So if you searched "nano" all the how do I get one threads would pop up. Or we need a sticky with FAQ links. -----------Anywho, I'm glad chiefer is not the mod or I would be booted. Just my opinion.

Dreno33
05-16-2012, 08:49 AM
that post was sarcasm.....

marebear
05-16-2012, 09:07 AM
that post was sarcasm.....I know yours are. I don't think mavs is...

Bronson
05-16-2012, 09:20 AM

Tut tut Draino, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit! If you wanna be a pro like me then you need to practice practice practice!!!

For you Dra try some of the basics first like "knock knock" jokes or "why did the chicken cross the road" then make your way up to whale territory for your Bronson love tap.

@Mav sorry mate I know I am a culprit for going OT but I will try and stick to my usual OT thread to chat nonsense .... Just please tell everyone not to post stupid things and tee me up coz sometimes I can't resist :)

Warfiend
05-16-2012, 09:33 AM
@marebear - at the very least search should default to only returning posts for the forum you're in. It's tough for a newb to do a search for mw info and then have to wade through a ton of CC threads too.

While I agree with some of Mav's criticism regarding competition posting and the member rank giving false credibility in the eyes of newbs, I respectfully disagree that the forum should be a knowledge base as long as Funzio lists it as a "community" forum. In my opinion, Funzio should have an actual dedicated knowledge base or at least a FAQ that actually addresses the truly frequently asked questions in the forum by newbs.

Aidan
05-16-2012, 09:43 AM
Opppss. Looks like I'm one of the intended people. Sorry Mav. Will try to cool the chatter down and contribute more. Its hard when you got creature like Bron dishing out jokes. I just cant help myself.

:must resist temptation to quote reply bron's post:

Maverick50727
05-16-2012, 09:48 AM
Not really, I said up front it was not directed at any certain people. If you think it pertains to yourself and take offense, then maybe you should read again. You and WP are probably more on the top becuase you live in the forum more than anyone else and reply to everyone. If you are doing this to help people that is good and what the forum is for. If you are on top of the # of posts as a result congrats. But if anyone is posting (not saying you!) just to make it a competition, then they need to rethink what the forum is for and why they are posting.

I quote for my original "I do commend some of your efforts earlier trying to compile some the best of the best stuff, but the need for your efforts just pointed to the real problem."

So didn't you see the same thing up front and resulted in your efforts? Is that sarcasm? If you think this post is targeting you for making things hard to find in the forum, now that is just "irony" to your efforts and I admit is now sarcasm on my part.

Dreno33
05-16-2012, 10:04 AM
Not really,

uhmm, yes really. i don't think its a competition... hints the post in THIS thread.

Crime City Mark
05-16-2012, 10:59 AM
Did you know that thread necro is a violation of the forum rules?