PDA

View Full Version : Crematorium -- What is your opinion?

Santa
04-10-2012, 02:30 PM
So...not much to say. Should I build it?

Please try and keep the answers to a simple yes/no answer with a reason. Let's try not to start arguing until the 3rd page. :)

Chiefer
04-10-2012, 02:32 PM
I do not have one yet. I just didn't see the need to go that way at 2 level 10 houses and the such. I went night club. Think it's all personal preference. You do need 2 of all buildings eventually anyway, correct?

Ram
04-10-2012, 02:33 PM
worst building in the game!

dudeman
04-10-2012, 02:36 PM
For my play style, all 24 and 48 hour buildings are worth having. When I built the Crematoriums I built both back-to-back (I think it's called the Crematorium crawl), so I got 10 days to save and upgrade. After the 10 days were up I had enough saved up to build two Upscale Clubs back-to-back.

I originally wanted to skip the ugly 7x7 Crematorium once they introduced the Upscale, but with my economy at the time there was no way I could save enough for one Upscale and have enough cash left for anything else. So I decided baby steps would work better than a giant leap.

nvbealone
04-10-2012, 02:37 PM
30k per day. so is a yes

Rhino72
04-10-2012, 02:38 PM
What level are your Lofts and MTs? Just wondering because I think that should factor in prior to dropping 1.2mil on the Crapatorium.

Swifty
04-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Yes, because you should provide buildings for robbing as a public service.

Santa
04-10-2012, 02:56 PM
Level 1 & 2 Lofts, Level 4 MT's.

Rhino72
04-10-2012, 03:02 PM
My advice would be keep upgrading those as soon as they are ready and if you have 1.2mil sitting around that will not prvent you from upgrading either of those 4 then do it (especially since it doesn't sound like you will be investing in the gold buildings).

Nicholost
04-10-2012, 03:06 PM
If you have the money, space, and have run out of non-gold things to build in the 80s, 90s, early-100s, yes. It is not a priority building that should be on the "must-build" list. It's not a horrible building (there are worse), but building it should not prevent you from building or upgrading some of the more lucrative buildings.

EDIT: Rhino72 beat me to it. :p

Chiefer
04-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Yes, because you should provide buildings for robbing as a public service.

I thought those were the 18 hour buildings :P

Dorian Gray
04-10-2012, 03:13 PM
I have one at lvl 1. I built it because I had the space and money when it unlocked and I like a variety of buildings in my hood. Not sure when I'll upgrade it but I don't think I'll be building another.

Maniaxe
04-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Crematorium seems to be the special the building topic of the day, plus Iv'e seen three being built while out plundering today.

I've been contemplating it all day and even have the space cleared and ready to go. I am really on the fence about it. I think it's more a WANT over NEED building for both of us. If you have any other building you want to build then wait on Crematorium and upgrade other building as well. If you have all the other building you can/want to build at this time following dudemans strategy:

For my play style, all 24 and 48 hour buildings are worth having. When I built the Crematoriums I built both back-to-back (I think it's called the Crematorium crawl), so I got 10 days to save and upgrade. After the 10 days were up I had enough saved up to build two Upscale Clubs back-to-back.

I think either way will work out in the end it just depends on where you are at in the game. Iv'e been mulling this over all day and still can't decide lol.

Dorian Gray
04-10-2012, 03:26 PM
I think either way will work out in the end it just depends on where you are at in the game. Iv'e been mulling this over all day and still can't decide lol.

Just think... What would Roddy Piper do? ;)

Euchred
04-10-2012, 03:37 PM
I have 2 at lvl 3 but I had them built before the upscale club was out. i liked the long upgrades as it gave me time to save for nightclub upgrades.

doinkent
04-10-2012, 06:59 PM
i saved up for the upscale club instead

Sasha54
04-10-2012, 07:34 PM
So...not much to say. Should I build it?

Please try and keep the answers to a simple yes/no answer with a reason. Let's try not to start arguing until the 3rd page. :)

Yes - build it.
I am....takes 110 hours but I'm committed now so what can I say.....

I am using the time to do upgrades, another expansion and fight goals.... And robberies of course!

Brosiss
04-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Expensive upgrade and takes long upgrade time. The only reason i build it is because at a level i have access to it, 30k is a big deal.

Nudie
04-11-2012, 12:31 AM
I have two of them They fit my strategy of focusing on 24 and 48 hour buildings. My 12 hour buildings get robbed a lot.

jaywalker
04-11-2012, 05:43 AM
Yes. Save up for something while you build them back to back. The ROI is only 600 hours (25 days) if you plan to sell it ^^

Maniaxe
04-11-2012, 06:42 AM
Santa where are you going to put that ugly crematorium? You have so many pretty decorations. :D

I made a huge amount of cash yesterday (my day off) so I went ahead and started building it. I think it goes well with the bombed out impoverished European ghetto look that my hood has.

i need muney
04-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Only with spare cash.

frenda
04-11-2012, 10:11 AM
That's why I come here and read this. You don't know what you don't know. In my ignorance I built two before saving for the other stuff since the $30+K looked good and fits into my scheme. And I had the room. But I def see the other viewpoint. The cost of it seemed to make more sense to me than paying for some of the upgrades, but I will have to relook that more closely. I don't have access for the building upgrades spreadsheet since I can't access it from here (IT nazis block it), so I'm making decisions on gut instinct. And I like the ghetto look of them too. :)

kinghansen
04-11-2012, 10:39 AM
No, I wouldnt bother. If you do build it, dont upgrade it past level one. The upgrades are expensive and time consuming and do not increase your income per hour by much.