PDA

View Full Version : Question for all the campers

Aid
04-10-2012, 11:19 AM
I want to camp at my current level and work on economy. The issue I am having is that being at 500 mafia encourages attacks for TL goals. I have not attacked anyone since yesterday afternoon, the problem is that I am gaining XP when I am unsuccessfully attacked (gained 300XP overnight), I would not complain if I also received the respect points but that is not happening.
How are other players successfully camping long term? Unless I drop down to a very low mafia level to circumvent attacks I am going to level simply by being attacked by other players.

nvbealone
04-10-2012, 11:22 AM
u do not gain xp when pple attack you and lose

Aid
04-10-2012, 11:22 AM
I will post screen shots, I did not believe it either.

nvbealone
04-10-2012, 11:23 AM
did your 300 xp come from any goals? ie expansion, buildings, upgrading etc which can be finished overnight?

SevenO9
04-10-2012, 11:27 AM
I can confirm this. My camper account went up 1 level from failed attacks only.

Aid
04-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Nothing at all, no goals, etc. I thought it was a fluke, but just took a screen shot and will wait for some attacks.

nvbealone
04-10-2012, 11:28 AM
oh really? seems like the game play has changed again! now we get xp from failed attacks?

nvbealone
04-10-2012, 11:29 AM
in that case, camping is already made harder now. unless you all ready to drop you mafia to a very low number Aid.

Aid
Thanks Seven, I thought it was a fluke but I actually paid attention to my XP last night and a 300 point jump is quite substantial. So Seven, how do you work with this, is your mafia small...that way you are not getting attacked as much?

Aid
in that case, camping is already made harder now. unless you all ready to drop you mafia to a very low number Aid.

Thanks, I was hoping not to have to drop my mafia

Chiefer
04-10-2012, 11:30 AM
It wouldn't be completely absurd if you got XP from the self defended wins?

nvbealone
04-10-2012, 11:31 AM
2 ways out, maintain your mafia and live with the xp now and then or simply reduce to a lower number. but take note, the latter will cause your att/def to drop quite a fair bit.

Aid
04-10-2012, 11:32 AM
True, I would not mind the XP so much if we also received the respect points, but I am almost positive that is not the case. Last night I had 60 respect points, it was unchanged this morning.

nvbealone
04-10-2012, 11:34 AM
seems like we are getting only the shorter end of things.

Burn
04-10-2012, 11:38 AM
I've also got a question for the campers... "What the hell is wrong with you?" :D

fuzzy
04-10-2012, 11:38 AM
My two camper accounts (wife uses the one) that where started 8 days ago are on level 8 and 9. Neither of them fight, rob or do goals, only collect money, bank, upgrade and build. They both gain XP. It sucks. I would also like to know how people stay on the same level for long times.

Aid
04-10-2012, 11:39 AM
I've also got a question for the campers... "What the hell is wrong with you?" :D

I know Burn, I started playing on Christmas day, and I am currently on level 142, I cannot say that camping sounds very exciting but I do want to build up my economy.

SevenO9
04-10-2012, 11:42 AM

:D the camper account is on my girlfriends iphone. as she insists on taking it with her i am kinda doomed to camp. now that raises that question what the hell is wrong with a guy having a cc account on his girlfriends phone ...

erik
04-10-2012, 11:46 AM
I hate to say it Aid, but you went to the worst level to camp. :(

142 is the level at which everyone up to 200 can see you in the current rival list.

You should just level, get your RP and farm the best items available.

nvbealone
04-10-2012, 11:49 AM
I know Burn, I started playing on Christmas day, and I am currently on level 142, I cannot say that camping sounds very exciting but I do want to build up my economy.

at level 142, you should just continue going and not camp anymore. everyone in the HL can see you. try equiping yourself as you progress on. make good of the TL goals and use the RP gained to good use.

Swifty
04-10-2012, 11:59 AM
They nerfed camping? Or it was always like this and no one noticed?

I did not know that I got xp from failed attacks against me, I guess I need to start paying more attention to such details.

deuces
04-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Are you saying you get multiple xp from winning an attack you didnt initiate? Its been posted on here before that you get xp that way, but i always thought it was 1xp per fight won.

Burn
04-10-2012, 12:06 PM
A joke that is supposedly popular amongst camping types...

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson went on a camping trip. After a good meal, they lay down for the night and went to sleep. Some hours later, Holmes awoke and nudged his faithful friend. Holmes said: “Watson, look up and tell me what you see”.

Watson said: “I see a fantastic panorama of countless stars”.

Holmes: “And what does that tell you?”

Watson pondered for a moment: “Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo. Horologically, I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, I can see that God is all powerful and that we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, I suspect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow.”

“Why? – What does it tell you, Holmes?”

Holmes was silent for a moment then spoke: “Someone has stolen our tent.”

Aid
04-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Are you saying you get multiple xp from winning an attack you didnt initiate? Its been posted on here before that you get xp that way, but i always thought it was 1xp per fight won.
Nope you get a varying amount, while doing this thread I won a fight that the other player started, I got 2 XP. Overnight I accumulated around 300, so it is definitely more than 1

Swifty
04-10-2012, 01:25 PM
+1 JennyJJ

You can use bracketology to your advantage at any level. You want to find that sweet spot where you matchup best with your rivals list.

procsyzarc
04-10-2012, 01:26 PM
There is absolutely no reason to camp in crime city, especially if you are already over L100. Unless you plan on camping to a point where you economy is about 3M per hour plus and you can maintain the best explosives while leveling, which i have never seen a camper even come close to. It's not like modern war where there are great items end game that can be brought with in game money and leveling too fast means you army gets whiped out by stronger players.

Came accross a player today who was 10 levels higher than me, had a better economy and I was unable to beat in a fight about 2.5 months ago but for some reason he decided to camp, so now my economy is 3 times greater than his, I'm 30 levels higher and have 10k more attack and defence, so by camping he went from beating able to beat me easy to being a very easy target for thug life goals, yet his economy hasn't improved anywhere near the speed mine has so you have to ask what was the point in him camping? L200's can still see him and if he hadn't camped he would now have access to casaio's and palms hotels plus much higher stats.

Even at low levels camping is pointless since you will just delete the buildings later since even at L10 the buildings you level at low levels just get in the way end game when if a building isn't collecting 500k+ per collection it is a waste of time.

As to the question if you are attacked and win you do get xp but not respect

Burn
04-10-2012, 01:31 PM
Read what procsy said.

Then read it again.

Camping is The Emperors New Clothes - because everyone is talking about it, the perception is they must be right, and no-one wants to be the voice of dissent.

Hank
04-10-2012, 01:40 PM
I dont understand camping. People talk like leveling up has a negative effect on your ecomony. You don't have to stop leveling to upgrade your buildings. Camping actually has a negative effect on your economy because you are missing out on money you would be getting if you were out there robbing and doing jobs. You can do better upgrades if you have more money from leveling. If you notice the people with the best economies are those at higher levels. Its not because the have been playing longer...but hey, people can do what they want

Santa
04-10-2012, 01:57 PM
After these "open a box" events, I usually end up gaining levels faster than I'm comfortable with. I usually take a short (1 week max) camp to slow down and get my economy moving again. But like others said, leveling up is not necessarily bad. Just don't level too quickly if you're not in the top 5% in your mafia bracket.

mnju_03
04-10-2012, 01:57 PM
A joke that is supposedly popular amongst camping types...

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson went on a camping trip. After a good meal, they lay down for the night and went to sleep. Some hours later, Holmes awoke and nudged his faithful friend. Holmes said: “Watson, look up and tell me what you see”.

Watson said: “I see a fantastic panorama of countless stars”.

Holmes: “And what does that tell you?”

Watson pondered for a moment: “Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo. Horologically, I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, I can see that God is all powerful and that we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, I suspect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow.”

“Why? – What does it tell you, Holmes?”

Holmes was silent for a moment then spoke: “Someone has stolen our tent.”

HAHAHAHAH... That was good, I like it. lol

emcee
04-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Started CC Nov 24, 2011. Level 8. 2 movie theaters, 2 lofts and 1 night club and 2nd one ready to build in a matter of days. $1,000,000/hr income is not difficult to reach once night clubs are unlocked. Most people leveling quickly will not build NC before gaining access to high level gold building unless they are camping to a degree. My level 55 account has a fraction of the economy of my level 8 even with two theaters and lofts. Night clubs has one of the best if not the best $/hr gain of all buildings including gold.

OP should drop to henchmen only and most if not all attacks/robberies should cease.

Dreno33
04-10-2012, 03:03 PM
u do not gain xp when pple attack you and lose

You DO gain experience when you are attacked, and YOU win. But not when you LOSE. I am 100% sure of this on both CC and MW.

nvbealone
04-10-2012, 03:05 PM
it is verfied by a few earlier on. i based it when i started CC which im quite sure i do not see it.

nvbealone
04-10-2012, 03:06 PM
You DO gain experience when you are attacked, and YOU win. But not when you LOSE. I am 100% sure of this on both CC and MW.

when i mean lose, it refers to the attacker losing.

Dreno33
04-10-2012, 03:07 PM

I have NEVER attacked, nor robbed. level 6 almost 7. only have 6 missions completed (initial was 2) that kept me at level 2 at the time.

you CAN gain several exp, not just 1. I believe that (from observation) I gain 1 exp when attacked and win, $0. I can gain up to about 3-4 exp in a fight against me when I win AND gain money. I think it depends on the AMOUNT you receive in the fight and the level you are

cookies
04-10-2012, 03:46 PM
I might be stating the obvious, but if you have high stats for your level you will get attacked less, thus gaining less XP.
People are spamming alot more codes on my wall than they are attacking >.<