PDA

View Full Version : What is this luck you speak of?

dudeman
04-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Those damn bank boxes... I could hardly get any of them open after hitting the 9th Diamond Pendant.

I admit, I got desperate at the end and tapped into the little bit of Tapjoy Gold that I was holding onto. The last 4 attempts before the end of the event I used the blowtorch, but was still unsuccessful. So I decided to just leave CC open and go to bed.

I woke up this morning having all but lost hope. I figured I would get another chance or two at opening the boxes before the app crashed and that would be it. In my semi-awoken state I collected my 3 hour buildings, did a map job, checked that I could afford the screwdriver, and tried my luck. I was not surprised to see that the bank box failed to open. By this time, any hope I had of being successful was completely gone.

An hour later I did pretty much the same thing. Collected my LMs, did a few jobs, tried the screwdriver, failed to open the box.

It was at this time that I noticed I still had enough Tapjoy gold for two attempts. So I told myself that I would use the blowtorch for the next two attempts. A glimmer of hope was sparked.

An hour later the event timer reaches zero, my options pop up, and with fingers crossed I hit the blowtorch button. And then I got nervous because there was a delay. A long delay. That loading circle was in the centre of my screen, just spinning away, for what seemed like ages.

And finally the result. Diamond pendant number ten.

No way.

I put down my iPad and walked away, thinking the lack of sleep from this event finally got to me and I had lost my mind. I went out for a cigarette, still convinced I was dreaming.

Nope. I wasn't dreaming. The Pendant was still there when I came back. So I tapped "ok". Congratulations, you have just received Loaded Dice!

Holy fk. So that's what it feels like to be lucky. When I got the Pathmaker, my feeling at the moment was one of "oh, ok. Neato!". Today I feel more like how Eric Cartman felt when his dream of having $1 million came true.
(like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_mHRi_L9S8&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

Now, I just hope nothing is different when I log back in to CC!

If anyone is wondering how much Tapjoy gold I had to use, the answer to your question is 75. Four blowtorches before the end of regulation, and one in OT.

Dipstik
04-10-2012, 09:41 AM
So you got the tenth pendant AFTER the time was up?

dudeman
04-10-2012, 09:43 AM
Yes I did.

Chiefer
04-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Yes I told you all a long time ago. While you were busy obsessing over the ghost of TS. You can stay stuck at soon forever. You'r all getting over bearing.

dudeman
04-10-2012, 09:50 AM
This was my fourth time playing the event in OT. I knew about it, I've just never had any luck doing it before.

DuB
04-10-2012, 09:56 AM
Damn I closed the app after two fails this morning. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh. Congrats Dudeman.