PDA

View Full Version : Buildings question

Naruto17141
04-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Hi everyone, i have a question: I'm level 23 and yet some of my rivals have an advanced airbase, which you need to be level 40 to get. Any ideas as to why this is as i'm confused :confused: They also have some other high-rank buildings too.

stricker
04-10-2012, 09:01 AM
funzio changed the level requirements for acquiring various buildings at some point, so you are seeing players that were grandfathered in and doing some serious camping.

Naruto17141
04-10-2012, 09:13 AM
funzio changed the level requirements for acquiring various buildings at some point, so you are seeing players that were grandfathered in and doing some serious camping.
darn thats unfair :(

stricker
04-10-2012, 09:21 AM
yup... you're right!
and, neither is life... lol

el_gringo
04-10-2012, 09:26 AM

Either that or they just don't play the game very often.

stricker
04-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Either that or they just don't play the game very often.
...thems be feeding troughs, then!

Naruto17141
04-10-2012, 09:35 AM
they should at least give us new players some compensation :confused:

el_gringo
04-10-2012, 09:54 AM
they should at least give us new players some compensation :confused:

to be honest up to about level 40 the advanced buildings mostly get in the way - the stats for the lower level units aren't that great for their price.

I mean, your better off having a lv7 war factory and pumping out leopard tanks than having to spend the extra money on space and then a building just to produce anti air cannons at 75k a pop more.

Naruto17141
04-10-2012, 10:02 AM
to be honest up to about level 40 the advanced buildings mostly get in the way - the stats for the lower level units aren't that great for their price.

I mean, your better off having a lv7 war factory and pumping out leopard tanks than having to spend the extra money on space and then a building just to produce anti air cannons at 75k a pop more.
ooooh thats interesting to know. thx for the tip mate :D

el_gringo
04-10-2012, 10:13 AM
What Nation are you playing as mate? If your playing as UK just work on getting your shipyard and naval research centre upgraded, sod the rest of your unit buildings off until you NEED to upgrade them (e.g you want to do a mission that requires particular units).

Also if your UK just spam inflatables and transports for a while, that should sort your attack and defense out without worrying about losing inflatables when defending and transports when atttacking.

Chiefer
04-10-2012, 10:16 AM
Hmm, I missed this one. Always thought it was the same level requirement.

Naruto17141
04-10-2012, 02:39 PM
What Nation are you playing as mate? If your playing as UK just work on getting your shipyard and naval research centre upgraded, sod the rest of your unit buildings off until you NEED to upgrade them (e.g you want to do a mission that requires particular units).

Also if your UK just spam inflatables and transports for a while, that should sort your attack and defense out without worrying about losing inflatables when defending and transports when atttacking.
im playing as Germany mate

el_gringo
04-10-2012, 03:48 PM
ah in that case do what I said originally and get your war factory up to churning out Mobile Tactical Units and Leopard Tanks, but before you get that far the 17,000 unit (can't remember its name)is a great vehicle to have large numbers of, they seem very resiliant compared with heavy gunners or bradleys. Also get an Elesctronics factory on the go and upgrading asap. Just stay away from buying too many ground units, although if you go OTT on a particular unit you will find your casualties of that unit add up pretty quickly. I'll send you an ally request so you can check out how I am getting on, as I'm also Germany (Gen McAndrew).

Freekizh
04-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Germany is useless. I have a level 2 electronics building too. The Tactical unit and Bradley is just awful. I bought 50 MTU and lost them quick smart. Now I have zero left! The A10 or fighter is better value.

I just paid 50 to switch to UK.

stricker
04-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Germany is useless. I have a level 2 electronics building too. The Tactical unit and Bradley is just awful. I bought 50 MTU and lost them quick smart. Now I have zero left! The A10 or fighter is better value.

I just paid 50 to switch to UK.
...from what i've been watching through the game progression so far, I've come to the conclusion that starting out as USA or Iran is the best, then switch to China in the late teens to about the 30's, then switching to Germany up to the mid 40's, then Russia up to the (guessing) about mid 80's, then finally ending up at UK for the remainder might be a good strategy. I seems to somewhat follow a patterned progression of availability (and pve requirements) through the game. Ultimately, UK looks to have the best 'free' player stats for the latter stages of whale territory.

just something i've noticed... imho ;]

Chimera
04-10-2012, 06:39 PM
I'm at Level 6 with an Advanced Airbase that matures to Level 8 in 27 hours. I'll then begin to build my offense.

bigflan
04-10-2012, 06:40 PM
I'm at Level 6 with an Advanced Airbase that matures to Level 8 in 27 hours. I'll then begin to build my offense.Your level 6 and you have a lv8 airbase dude you must have been camping for ages

stricker
04-10-2012, 06:47 PM
@ Freekizh

where did you post go.......??????

are you a gold player or free player? if you are free, then yes you will still use the ambulance far into whale territory, at least as defense unit, but probably not as an attack unit. if you are a gold player (heavy stacked in gold units, 2000), you might not use it in the long run. it is one of the best values as a defense unit imo and will go a far. i like the mr270 also for defense also.

i also wanted to mention that you will need to be careful about staying too low on the ally list if you are not a gold player. you will be bait at any ally count to a gold player so do your best to leave yourself a way out if you run into someone that likes to keep coming back for more... meaning plan an escape by being able to quickly ally up with a couple dozen in the request que or ready to ally down by quickly dropping a few dozen. do it fast and you can duck and camouflage yourself off their rivals list.

thanks for the compliment. i doubt i will ever change flags and i cannot prove my observations. it just looked as if there was a pattern in there. planning the end game is what i've been doing with the flag i picked from the get go!

Chimera
04-10-2012, 06:48 PM
Both levels 7 & 8 for the Advanced Airbase take about 3 days each. I started playing this game (I think a month ago) to occupy me while I'm camping in another game.

Chimera
04-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Duh! I started in February like my ID says.

bigflan
04-10-2012, 06:56 PM
Huh you started 1month ago the cap is on how could you get a airbase you need to be lv40 to get it

Chimera
04-10-2012, 07:02 PM
You're right bigflan. I always speak first and think second. I started in February.

Freekizh
04-10-2012, 07:12 PM
@ Freekizh

where did you post go.......??????

Thanks kindly for responding Stricker! I deleted the post thinking it was a silly question & didnt want to waste your time. I am a free player, and intend to stay so unless someone really keeps going at me :)

You are 100% right about the ally list - I have in reserve a queue of 20+ allies just as you have suggested, and all my valor points which I keep in reserve for such emergencies. This actually happened to me recently, and worked very nicely!

Naruto17141
04-11-2012, 02:44 AM
ah in that case do what I said originally and get your war factory up to churning out Mobile Tactical Units and Leopard Tanks, but before you get that far the 17,000 unit (can't remember its name)is a great vehicle to have large numbers of, they seem very resiliant compared with heavy gunners or bradleys. Also get an Elesctronics factory on the go and upgrading asap. Just stay away from buying too many ground units, although if you go OTT on a particular unit you will find your casualties of that unit add up pretty quickly. I'll send you an ally request so you can check out how I am getting on, as I'm also Germany (Gen McAndrew).
alright, cool man, i accepted :)

efsonfoster
12-03-2012, 12:15 PM
It means Christmas is coming we should need to prepare everything. Any way what can you say about discounted inflatable bouncers (http://www.moonwalkrentok.info/)?

Hero of Time
12-03-2012, 06:33 PM
http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i55/5/4/18/frabz-I-Find-your-posts-irrelevant-and-off-topic-e29f9d.jpg#off%20topic%20post

Hero of Time
12-03-2012, 06:34 PM
Oh yea and don't necro threads.

General Soviet
12-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Necro much?

Peakes
12-04-2012, 04:16 AM
Hi
My mission is to build 75 buildings, I'm on 74.
What is next after I have bought all the buildings? I see some have had a goal of 150 building but there aren't enough buildings to buy.
Do more buildings get added to the game so you can build more?

Any help would be great :)