PDA

View Full Version : Crematorium

Sasha54
04-10-2012, 08:05 AM
OMG - building one - started it 2 days ago - 84 more hours to go!!!!!!

wish I had known it would take this long before I started and hope it will be worth it.

Ram
04-10-2012, 08:07 AM
Worst building in the game!

Swifty
04-10-2012, 08:08 AM
The people who rob it will be most appreciative.

beaux
04-10-2012, 08:11 AM
I'm glad I read this was just about to build one think I might just go for something else

Sasha54
04-10-2012, 08:14 AM
Worst building in the game!

and why is that???

fuzzy
04-10-2012, 08:15 AM
I built 2 of them back to back but that allowed me to save up to build 2 upscale clubs back to back.

Sasha54
04-10-2012, 08:15 AM
I'm glad I read this was just about to build one think I might just go for something else

I actually think I will be glad I built it once it is finished.

jaywalker
04-10-2012, 08:19 AM
It looks bad, but it's underrated. A good building to build when you want to save up for something else.

beaux
04-10-2012, 08:29 AM
That's good too hear then sounded like it was being put down and maybe there were better places to put my time and money.

murf
04-10-2012, 08:36 AM
It looks bad, but it's underrated. A good building to build when you want to save up for something else.

I agree with this 100%...I think upgrade/build time is too focused on here. You need a long lead time to save for the best high-end buildings, so long upgrades/build times allow you to do that, while still improving your economy.

beaux
04-10-2012, 08:40 AM
Well it would give me some time for upgrading while it's building.

Sasha54
04-10-2012, 08:40 AM

I actually don't mind how it looks

and I figured I needed somewhere to put the bodies............lol

beaux
04-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the input.

Alice
04-10-2012, 08:45 AM
skipped because it looks ugly:p

Maniaxe
04-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Would you rather have Crematorium or Upscale Club? I almost built the Crematorium then decided to wait for the Upscale Club even though it cost more. Seems like Ill get more out of Club over time, wont be upgrading anytime soon though.

3mil to get 60k/24hrs Crematorium lvl2 120+57.6hr build time

4mil to get 82k/24hrs Upscale Club lvl1 12hr build time

As far as looks go my hood looks ugly and industrial anyways. All my smaller buildings are hid behind bigger one so there's almost no color. I might get crematorium just to go with the decor haha. But waiting and saving cash for two levels for the Upscale Club looks a lot better investment to me.

murf
04-10-2012, 09:04 AM
Would you rather have Crematorium or Upscale Club? I almost built the Crematorium then decided to wait for the Upscale Club even though it cost more. Seems like Ill get more out of Club over time, wont be upgrading anytime soon though.

As far as looks go my hood looks ugly and industrial anyways. All my smaller buildings are hid behind bigger one so there's almost no color. I might get crematorium just to go with the decor haha. But waiting and saving cash for two levels for the Upscale Club looks a lot better investment to me.

There is no question which is better, but not having something building/upgrading is wasting the most precious commodity in CC, time. So, if you choose to build the Crematorium, you have something improving your economy while saving for the Upscale club. Similarly, I view cheap/long upgrades (like high level Italian Restaurant) as very valuable, it allows to improve your economy while you save up for your major builds/upgrades. And as I have a fairly strong economy now, high-level MT upgrades are the long/cheap upgrades allowing me to save.

mnju_03
04-10-2012, 09:19 AM
Cool, dude. Why hate on it? Just build two of everything, in time! Lol

Sasha54
04-10-2012, 09:38 AM

Well I am saving for my next expansion (1 Mil) while it is building and upgrading some lower income stuff - like Fish Store, Bagel Shop and currently a laundromat which is taking 48 hours itself. Teaches me patience!!

But I hope to eventually get the Upscale Club also - all in due time I guess.

dudeman
04-10-2012, 09:42 AM
I built 2 of them back to back but that allowed me to save up to build 2 upscale clubs back to back.

I did the same thing. I think it was a good move. I usually do one or two things that take forever, which allows me to save up a real nice chunk of change, and then I can get fast and furious with builds and/or upgrades that don't take very long.

nvbealone
04-10-2012, 09:49 AM
i find it quite nice looking actually

i need muney
04-10-2012, 09:57 AM
This IS an awful building and that's EXACTLY why you build it when don't have the money for an upgrade or another building. I glad Tramp Stamp told me not to build it before I really have to.

Maniaxe
04-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Sasha - I hear ya I am right at that 1mil expansion myself, unfortunately my last one was right after a road. I just hate waiting for the lo0o0o0ong upgrades, like you said it teaches patience.

I usually always have something building or upgrading and have most of my low lvl building upgraded to a degree (lvl 6-8) for me its more a matter of time v.s money. If it takes 120 hrs to build that is 120 hrs I can only use upgrading. I guess it depends on if you have more buildings to build or more upgrades needed. All in all that's just my two cents and I just wanted to get others thoughts on the topic. After all I may just have to expand,build crematorium, upgrade, then Upscale. In that 120+hrs I would have enough to have payed for all that plus the 4mil for Upscale. Thanks for your input guys it always helps to do a little group brainstorming lol.