PDA

View Full Version : Closing thoughts/opinions on the recently ended Diamond Pendant Event

ryusho
04-10-2012, 01:17 AM
I realise there are multiple threads on the Diamond Pendant event, with topics ranging from "Thank you, Funzio" to "Still stuck on 9 pendants". As a small gesture of thanks to L Fizzle for pushing for more benefits for us players (this event gave an additional unique item when you hit 9 pendants as opposed to previous events, and increasing the bonus of the final item from 10% to 25% when there was no obligation to do so), I thought it would be nice for L Fizzle to hear our comments/opinions on the Diamond Pendant event on a singular thread without the need to sift through all the different threads.

I've listed some of the features that were different for this event compared to the previous events for players to comment.

Features unique to this event:

Event lasted 4 days 7 hours instead of the usual week.
Additional unique item rewarded for obtaining 9 Diamond Pendants.
Bonus of final item enhanced during the event.

Amongst the many threads, I also found discussions on:

Drop rate of Diamond Pendants
Use of Gold to open boxes/ reset timers
Preference for reward based on luck or perseverance
Thanks/ gratitude to Funzio for "Easter gift"

Feel free to discuss any other features/discussions I might have missed.

Mcdoc
04-10-2012, 01:31 AM
What was the prize at level 9? I don't remember getting a prize for that :/

ryusho
04-10-2012, 01:51 AM
My initial thoughts when I saw that the event was only 4 days 7 hours instead of the usual week long event was that this time, I would have to maximise my chances by opening the bank boxes on every hour. The maximum number of attempts a player can make without using any gold is 103 attempts. This was compounded by a belief that with an additional unique item at 9 Diamond Pendants (DP), it would naturally be harder to obtain the 10th DP, as Funzio has provided an item for those who missed out on the 10th by 1 DP to mitigate their sense of disappointment.

To cut a long story short, I was initially happy having obtained my first 7 DPs in the opening 16 hours. Happiness turned to frustration after another 32 openings, obtaining only my 8th DP in the process. Gave up consistent hourly attempts then, but soon after DP 9 and 10 popped out.

Just making a conjecture at this point, but I'm suspecting Funzio tweaked the dropped rates of the DPs to compensate for the shorter event time. Please don't take my word for it. IMO, if they did so, I would just like to say the event time vs. drop rate is just about right (perhaps minor tweaking here and there for a time frame of exact days instead of the odd 7 hours extra/17 hours less).

Thank you L Fizzle for pushing for an additional item at 9 DP so that those who happen to miss out due to unfortunate circumstances despite trying their hardest get a consolation prize instead.

I managed to obtain my dice before the bonus was enhanced, so thank you once again for applying the bonus to all who had already gotten the dice. Sure, there will always be people who will think that the bonus was enhanced to encourage more people to spend gold on the event. But I think if Funzio had made an honest mistake on the bonus numbers (giving 10% instead of the supposed 25%), they had no obligation to change it to our benefit since most people were still participating in the event. They still did so, thank you once again.

ryusho
04-10-2012, 01:55 AM
What was the prize at level 9? I don't remember getting a prize for that :/

Depends on your level. You have to scroll across the rewards to see the 9th DP reward as it's hidden behind the dice reward.

Shumaker
04-10-2012, 02:23 AM
Ryu i believe you are right about the tweaking of the drop rate. This event i managed to obtain 7 DP's this is a substantial number seeing as how i only opened around 20 bank boxes. The last event's drop rates were a bit suspect at best.

BrodawgCanada
04-10-2012, 02:28 AM
The ninth item for me was an armor that was 30 attack and 50 defence

Royal Flush
04-10-2012, 03:39 AM
Pros:

* Shorter timeframe so less consistent effort
* Additional item at 9

Cons:

* Changed the bonus at the last day, affecting any decision of effort for the period. If I had known it would be 25% reduced upgrade times instead of 10% I would've put far more effort in

* As with all the other events, the drop rate for the 10th was terrible. I went 2 days stuck at 9 and I ploughed 300 gold once I saw the increase in the bonus & still didn't get it ..... Needless to say I won't be doing it ever again as it's a waste of money

* The reset / 100% open should be 10 gold still or at the very least go down the closer the reset timer is, similar to upgrading a building early ... Why would someone pay 15 gold to reset a 5 minute timer?!

* Clearly still a cash cow & worse the game promotes bad habits such as gambling and unhealthy lifestyle i.e the people not sleeping to open. I would rather pay 500 gold for one diamond or whatever than not get sleep (I have a job!) or blow it away on a chance

* The odds, rates & times keep on changing so you have no idea what the expectation is on what is achievable which means myself (and others likely) are not really bothered about future events. If you don't keep it consistent (if you want to spice it up) at least provide these details beforehand

Overall prizes were good but at the end of the day not enough to keep me interested anymore - I need a life and as a company you should be promoting a good balance between fun with a game & a healthy lifestyle

reidos
04-10-2012, 04:45 AM
I think it was great to see the inclusion of a prize for obtaining the 9th Pendant. Thanks Funzio!