PDA

View Full Version : valor

Napolemon
04-10-2012, 12:50 AM
Hi guys,

Does anyone have an idea about the amount of valor that could be farmed from level 50 to level 90 if one player was to do PVP only (no mission at all)?

One ally of mine has over 1,000 Super Hornets and reckons that all was bought from valor farmed during a couple of weeks only -

Does this sound feasible to you?

stricker
04-10-2012, 01:01 AM
do you know what that ally's increase was for the fights/raids performed from level 50 to 90? It might be possible but not likely because of casualty rate problems most players experience. You know what they say... if it walks like duck and quacks like a duck... it's probably a duck...

Mcdoc
04-10-2012, 01:08 AM
Napoleon - Some of the Valor Missions pay out like 400 to 700 - plus the events give out 300 to 500 valor rewards as well. I sometimes get 11 to 15 valor off PvP and the PvE valor has a way to just rack up when you're not looking - so it all adds up. 1000 does seem pretty extreme, but if the guy was hell bent on getting them - he could have bought valor with Gold. I usually spend my valor before it gets over 2500, but I've seen people claim to have 30k saved up. 30k divided by 350 (Hornet) is only 85 units - so it does seem odd for someone to rack up 1000 Hornets.

So it IS possible, but a very extreme case if he did it legit. I'm not sure how people can cheat (hack) but I see it referenced here a-lot that it might be possible.

Napolemon
04-10-2012, 04:11 AM
Hi Mcdoc, didnt know it was possible to buy valor with Gold but then why not? how do you do that?

KCh
04-10-2012, 04:48 AM
1000 superhornets could be possible at lvl 90 if he doesnt have any or has a very low amount of the other valor units and has a lot of fights and raids won. Its seems like a high number and is only possible if he's experiencing no casualties.

You can't buy valor with gold.

Mcdoc
04-10-2012, 05:03 AM
Hi Mcdoc, didnt know it was possible to buy valor with Gold but then why not? how do you do that?

I stand corrected. In the past when I ran out of Valor during the purchase of units, I got a screen that said "Need More Valor" with a Big Orange Button at the bottom of that message that said "Get More".

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/9026/valormorecropped.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/valormorecropped.png/)

I never pushed it before to get some and I assumed it was a Gold Purchase, but just now when I pushed it, I got another BLUE error message (on my I-Pad) explaining that you need to raid or attack rivals.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/4641/valorerrorcropped.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/267/valorerrorcropped.png/)

I'm pretty sure though I remember getting Valor from "Mastering" an entire Area on PvE missions, so I think I'm correct in saying you can also get Valor from PvE even though the message in Blue suggests you only win it from Rivals (PvP).

My mistake . . . didn't mean to steer you the wrong way.

Hassleham
04-10-2012, 05:22 AM
I have farmed almost 30k valor in the last 3 days and gone from level 43 to 47 so i'd say it's definitely possible to save up 350k valor in 40 levels..

Just gotta wait for my shipyard to upgrade and i can buy some stealth frigates :)

Napolemon
04-10-2012, 06:47 AM
Hi McDoc not to worry. It would have been interesting to know how Funzio would have priced the Valor as an indicator of how expensive the Valor units could be vs. pure gold units (specially as quite a lot of factors would come into that pricing: attack/defense/casualty rate/Strong against...)

bilbo baggins
04-10-2012, 07:05 AM
I have 50k valour in reserve and my mate has currently 140k in reserve (but he is the one with the no unit loss glitch and therefore has not had to replace any units)

stricker
04-10-2012, 07:26 AM
I have 50k valour in reserve and my mate has currently 140k in reserve (but he is the one with the no unit loss glitch and therefore has not had to replace any units)
...wow! i think i must be heading toward a straight jacket!
i just finish valor operation#76, which required me to defeat 25 ppls lvl 73 or greater. i won every fight, chose my opponents after a thorough recon and assurance of victory going in but my unit losses were all valors except one event loot...
1 iron wing
9 gigns
2 superhornets
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that's a total of 2600 in valor points worth of units... no other units lost and won 25 fights straight.

What did I get... woowhoo! 560 valor points, about a dozen little crap units that will never be used in battle/defence line up because their stats are way to low and +/- $750k...

This is insanity to continue. it is absolutely worthless for me to attack/raid now! i have nothing to do but try to get a unit that will give me an extra 2 valor points?????? yeah, that will help a lot!!!

losing interest in this game fast...

Maverick50727
04-10-2012, 07:32 AM
I also have about 70K in reserve right now. I also have low loss rate. Mind sending me a private message with your ally name with the zero"bug", I would like to talk to him possibly and ally with him to see what he is doing. I don't think it is a bug, I think it is his play style and unit makeup, etc. I'm trying to figure out why I enjoy the low loss. Others have tired and failed my method, but I think unit types is one key factor.

bilbo baggins
04-10-2012, 07:40 AM
I also have about 70K in reserve right now. I also have low loss rate. Mind sending me a private message with your ally name with the zero"bug", I would like to talk to him possibly and ally with him to see what he is doing. I don't think it is a bug, I think it is his play style and unit makeup, etc. I'm trying to figure out why I enjoy the low loss. Others have tired and failed my method, but I think unit types is one key factor.

He is not on here and he also is not the sort who will chat to people on the net. (his most advanced piece of computer hardware is his iphone lol)

I can say that he has not suffered any more than a total of 40 unit losses from level 58 to 89 (where he is currently) and often jokes that he can attack who he likes and it will not matter. He has an ally count of 402 and an att/def score of 18k/19K only gold units are the ones he has won in the events only prizes 3,5 and 7 no 10's. He plays as the UK. I can probably screen shot his inventory if you would like?

Napolemon
04-10-2012, 07:45 AM
If that is of interest my own losses on Valor units have been quite low historically (maybe 1 occasional unit every 20 fights).
I have noticed that there seem to be a threshold (Optimal Number of units) under which I simply do not lose units.
This threshold varies from units and is probably linked to the casualty rate of the units as well as the overall number of units, units make up etc...would be great to be able to find more info on this.
For info, this threshold for me is 32 Super Hornets, 64 Stealth Frigate and 23 GIGN for a total army of 1232 units; which is pretty low and also the reason why I have decided not to rely on Valor to build up the density of my army.