PDA

View Full Version : Getting Started (Tramp Stamp)

Dreno33
04-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Original Thread Author: Tramp Stamp

These are some of Tramp Stamp's"Suggested opening moves for an Economy Base"

Nation selection:

Beginning advantage: China (Infantry Bonus)
Middle advantage: Germany (Ground Bonus) and Russia (Air Bonus)
"Whale" advantage: United Kingdom (Sea Bonus)

Also, Sea units have the benefit of being more durable. I'd like to hear some contrasting opinions. There's not much discussion on the topic, and I'm more of an authority on economics than PvP strategy.

Starter Gold Usage:

You technically are not forced to expend gold during the tutorial. While the menu is locked, the timer is still active. Don't beat yourself up if you paid as there isn't anything one can do with the default 10 gold besides speeding up construction/upgrades (or buying a red maple tree).

Gold usage for speeding up is max(int(minutes_remaining/12),1). Int() is the integer, or truncate, function, which means to chop off any decimal for a hard round down.
For example, 24 minutes, 0 seconds will consume 2 gold (24/12 = 2) while 23 minutes, 59 seconds (23.983333 minutes) divided by 12 is 1.9986. Chop off the decimal and you'll end up at 1.

Therefore, for maximum return on initial gold, use it to complete 10 buildings/upgrades with less than 24 minutes remaining. The earlier you use up the gold, the better, in terms of ROI. The max() function guarantees expenditure of at least one gold piece, even if there remains only one second of build time.

Money Building Spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgEHrvnoijXudG1NaFdaQUp5QlowT0RqS1Z2bll6Z UE&hl=en_US#gid=4

First Moves (after tutorial):

Build the Barracks as instructed then immediately upgrade it to level 2, which will take an hour. Meanwhile, build two of each money building starting from the least expensive and trigger a land expansion as you will rapidly run out of space.

Dreno33 comment: After the tutorial I would suggest NOT upgrading the barracks to level 2. Since the construction time for the Supple Depot is so short, I would immediately upgrade it to level 2, which is also very short. These have a very small ROI # and you can quickly rack up money in the beginning for your more expensive builds/upgrades. But TS will detail this soon.

Get 25 allies ASAP:

You'll need to get 25 allies onto your list in order to get the $1,000 visitor bonus from each. There aren't (yet) organized resources like there are for Crime City. I suggest harvesting this forum then browsing the comments of the users who accept. App Store reviews are another source. You shouldn't have a problem with getting to 25 in less than an hour, two tops, if you just keep adding numbers while the total is under 25. Make sure to actually visit them to get the bonus. As you collect, take the opportunity to practice using the "Vault" option as it is not automatic. CoachPappy suggests dumping all 10 gold into the VIP system, which will free the player to manage his base and visit automatically added allies. Most likely you will still need to add a healthy amount manually, however.

Next:

Once the Barracks finishes upgrading, immediately upgrade one of the Supply Depots, which will cost $1,670. It finishes in 6 minutes. Now mentally set aside $1,670 to upgrade the other Supply Depot and $2,790 to upgrade one to level 3, which takes 30 minutes. With the Supply Depot upgrade in motion and funds earmarked for the next ~40 minutes of upgrades, dump all your remaining cash into Engineers. Don't be shy. The 5-7 you'll be able to afford right now will adequately protect you from level 2 attackers, but they come fast in this game.

Dreno33 comment: In his suggested $ spending in Engineers, I feel this is not ENTIRELY necessary. At level 2, MOST other new gamers click on the goals list and build a War Factory or go back to the enemy base to do missions. There is a very small portion of rivals whose first moves are to hit up the rivals list and attack YOU.

Soon you'll be rolling in cash. Your income per hour will exceed $13,000 after a little more than two hours invested. You'll get a significant amount of supplemental income by defending against attacks from players who forgot to vault their money. Next upgrades are the other Supply Depot to level 3, Armories to level 3, Storage Silos to level 3, Supply Depots to level 4. Keep packing on the Engineers. You'll want a minimum of 2x defense to your top rival's attack. Then up that to 3x to give the middle finger to the constant wave of attackers. Don't worry about the high casualty ranking. With so many Engineers you'll totally overrun the opposition and keep them all. 15 Engineers is a good starter amount for levels 2-4, but with the constant wave of attacks you may level up when not paying attention so it helps to be prepared.
**After 15 Engineers it is recommended to switch to Transports.

UNITS per ALLY per LEVEL:

Modern War allows 5 allies per level and 4 units per ally.
Formula: Level x 5 x 4 = MAX amount of units allowed in battle
Worked out, that means up to 20 units at level 1, 40 at level 2, 60 at level 3 and so on...

TIP: Units are NOT restricted like CC. You do NOT need to distribute units purchased from each category. You are allowed an ALL air or an ALL sea inventory, if you wish.

Once you've set up base camp, so to speak, it's up to you. You have a lot of breathing room as long as you avoid PvP, questing, and goal accomplishment. Fortunately the War Factory isn't awfully useful in the early going, as it is a goal. The rest is wide open, though.

I suggest proceeding in this order:

1) ALWAYS be upgrading money buildings
2) ALWAYS be upgrading your vault
3) Expand Territory to fit all available money buildings, then construct them.
4) Add more land to fit unit buildings, then construct them.
5) Remember to build new money buildings as your level is forced higher due to defending attacks. Stockpile powerful units until satisfied, then move on.

Note that game mechanics will constantly be changing while this guide remains the same. Therefore, some items may no longer apply when you read this.

Original thread URL:
Use to look up old & useful discussion made in the thread

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?13937-Suggested-opening-moves-for-an-economy-base

Dreno33
04-09-2012, 05:13 PM
This is now apart of The "Best of the Best" Guides! (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?24209-The-quot-Best-of-the-Best-quot-Guides!) and make sure to click on the original thread URL, above, to look into old and useful discussions made there.

MaverickMunkey
04-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Original Thread Author: Tramp Stamp

Nicely found Dreno and a must read for all noobs.

Mcdoc
04-09-2012, 05:39 PM
If only I had read this before I was already level 25 - LoLGood to recycle qualit info as there is a constant wave of FNG's passing through the forums. A lot of times they aren't ready for strategy as much as trying to figure out the basics - but having these strategies out there will just help others enjoy the game more.

ShawnBB
04-09-2012, 06:15 PM
I MISS TS!!! :(. :(

He is like my father in Crime City.

Hello Kitty
04-09-2012, 06:24 PM
I MISS TS!!! :(. :(

He is like my father in Crime City.Me too ShawnBB! I am a better MW player (so far) from what I learned in CC. He was even kind enough once to answer a PM from me. I live and die by his spreadsheet, the foundation is awesome and I've made some serious mods to it that has been so helpful with my MW strategy. Cheers to TS!

overkill 280
04-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Does everybody that plays MW play CC? Am I missing out on something?

Agent Orange
04-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Hmm isn't this a copyright violation?

War Priest
04-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Does everybody that plays MW play CC? Am I missing out on something?

I suppose not. I play it just to help pass time. I mean, I really suck at it. To me, the point system sucks. It isn't like here where you buy a unit with 9 A and 6 D and it adds 6 to you defense.

Agent Orange
04-09-2012, 06:55 PM
Never played CC so I'm lost when folks quote stuff from it. Did get a note about some new app called Kingdom Age which seems to be based on the MW mechanic. I kind of set it up and then abandoned it.

overkill 280
04-09-2012, 06:55 PM
Ok good...Cause I spend enough time on MW and here. lol

War Priest
04-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Ok good...Cause I spend enough time on MW and here. lol

Yeah, I still yet have to learn about how it properly works. I don't care for it enough to read the CC forums. I do't see why when I buy an item with 12 defense it only adds like 2 to my defense rather than the 12. Oh well...

bigflan
04-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Actually war priest here is how it works so for each mafia member you have you can bring 1 gun 1 melee 1 armor 1 consumable 1 transport and every mafia you bring and extra of each you can bring

Hello Kitty
04-09-2012, 07:07 PM
I suppose not. I play it just to help pass time. I mean, I really suck at it. To me, the point system sucks. It isn't like here where you buy a unit with 9 A and 6 D and it adds 6 to you defense.WP - I spent some time reverse engineering our A/D scores (separate thread). I wouldn't mind working with you or others to explain the mechanics to help me change my explanation of the calculations to make more sense. As such a strong gold player, if you were to add a 9A/6D units, your total A/D score would not change. Could you add a Scout A1/D1 to humor me? You can PM your results.

War Priest
04-09-2012, 07:08 PM
Actually war priest here is how it works so for each mafia member you have you can bring 1 gun 1 melee 1 armor 1 consumable 1 transport and every mafia you bring and extra of each you can bring

I know that. I don't get how the points add up though.

Dreno33
04-09-2012, 07:16 PM
I know that. I don't get how the points add up though.

the points starting adding less to your a/d asset #s b/c you have over the maximum # of items in that category that you are allowed to bring. get it?

War Priest
04-09-2012, 07:22 PM
the points starting adding less to your a/d asset #s b/c you have over the maximum # of items in that category that you are allowed to bring. get it?

No. You can't lose the items so they will always be there even if you buy more powerful units, which is what I do.

Like with MW, if I buy a scout, no points will add to my stats at all because it isn't useful. But in CC, if I buy a powerful unit that is like 9/6 instead of adding 6 it will add like 2.

Dreno33
04-09-2012, 07:23 PM
No. You can't lose the items so they will always be there even if you buy more powerful units, which is what I do.

the stats are REPLACING those of old ones. helps to minimize inflation a bit

War Priest
04-09-2012, 07:35 PM
the stats are REPLACING those of old ones. helps to minimize inflation a bit

What you want to do is own the most powerful item in each catagory right?

Hello Kitty
04-09-2012, 07:37 PM
What you want to do is own the most powerful item in each catagory right?Are you ignoring me WP? See post #14 :)

War Priest
04-09-2012, 07:39 PM
Are you ignoring me WP? See post #14 :)

No I am not, sorry didn't see it. I don't get what you are asking, haha. Of course a scout wouldn't make a dfiference in my stats.

overkill 280
04-09-2012, 07:39 PM
What you want to do is own the most powerful item in each catagory right? Is that not the same goal you should have for MW as well?

War Priest
04-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Is that not the same goal you should have for MW as well?

Haha, I don't know if it's the same for CC because you MUST buy from each catagory as here it doesn't matter which one you buy from.

ShawnBB
04-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Me too ShawnBB! I am a better MW player (so far) from what I learned in CC. He was even kind enough once to answer a PM from me. I live and die by his spreadsheet, the foundation is awesome and I've made some serious mods to it that has been so helpful with my MW strategy. Cheers to TS!

Ha! I'm actually the opposite situation as you, kitty. :P
Study MW makes me a pro at CC, that's why I'm more into CC now.
Because in CC the only thing you can do is build Econ,lol.
Actually me and TS did a lot of in game chatting, I even had the honor of being called a monstrous hood by TS :)
Also i once drew some kind of line chart in excel that visualized the relation between I/H increase and upgrade time cost
I couldnt stop reviewing that spreadsheet of money buildings data even till now...

I started MW first and played like a total idiot in the first two months, so it's kinda a little hard for me to save back in MW.
Especially when i was in level 40 to 60s, my base was pure income and my news list was filled with hundreds of raid and attack, lost millions a day,lol.
Then I found this forum and argue with AO and JMC like a total idiot again, even till now I still have no clue of how to enter the end game. Medic still contributes half of my defense, super hornet starts dying at 70 and stealth frigate dying at 40.
Im totally confused about how to use the rest of my 50000 valor,
If i put them out,would have no healthy casualty anymore like right now :(
If don't I'm too weak compare to the valor&gold gamers. Although my news list is much less nasty now.

Eww, off topic.

Tramp Stamp Forever! I simply love his wisdom on both math and linguistical performance(thou sometimes I don't even know what he is saying, lmao)

overkill 280
04-09-2012, 10:15 PM
Haha, I don't know if it's the same for CC because you MUST buy from each catagory as here it doesn't matter which one you buy from. No I meant, Don't you want to buy the best unit you can in MW as well?

stricker
04-10-2012, 02:33 AM
No I meant, Don't you want to buy the best unit you can in MW as well?
no... priesty is one of those 'name it and claim it' forum evangelist. (another name for your list wp)