PDA

View Full Version : Implementation time...next steps

Napolemon
04-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Hi all,

Currently, a low/medium gold player at level 50, I have decided to implement the strategy consisting in buying the top end cash units in order to achieve the best possible stats without relying on gold (too much) and whilst building an army that could remain competitive even in the highest level.
Basic end target: building a sustainable army @ density of about 50 (att/def) enabling me to eventually reach 100K+ attack/defense once getting to level 100.

Whilst I appreciate that this will be a long-term strategy, my aim is to enjoy the journey to get there as much as possible and the feedbacks that I will receive from the members of the forum will certainly be part of the fun.
Before starting I shall post a few stats about myself:

Level 50 – playing as UK
Number of allies: 333
Alliance attack/defense: 22,163 / 22,034
Income per hour: 333k
Number of units: 1232 (about 10% in gold)

What I envisage to do in the next few weeks/months as short/medium term goals:

1) Stop any pve, pvp in order to remain at my level or at least not level up too much

2) Keep increasing my income by upgrading the long payout building (12h and 24h) - mainly oil Rigs, diamond mines, oil refineries
Target: 450k/h that should farm between 6M and 10M per day.

3) As the upgrades required in 1- will be expensive, I will alternate with upgrading the Advanced Airbase and Shipyard to Level 10. Upgrades for the building are a lot cheaper that the money building upgrades and I will use that downtime to build the cash required for the most expensive money building upgrades.
The Level 10 unit buildings will of course also be required to buy the top end units.
Target: Advanced Airbase to level 10 (currently level 4)
Target: Shipyard to Level 10 (currently level 6)

4) Drop allies number below 5 times my level i.e below 250 in order to 'drop under the radar' of the most powerful players that could be haunted the level. I have not lost a single attack for over a month now but feel that I need to build extra security if I am to going to hold overnight 20M + in cash.
Target: 200 allies

5) Optional: Buy only top end gold units (> 100 stats) if I feel I need/want to buy more gold (Crates are great in principle if you can get the rare/uncommon units but not worth the bet for me if I am able to buy top end cash units)

Once 2, 3, 4 are done, I intend to gradually spend most of my time, investing in Stealth Bomber and Battleship (would love a few Aircraft Carriers too but might not be able to buy many @5.4M a piece).
Once reaching a density of about 50 I will start moving up levels again whilst maintaining the same density as I go along.

I would appreciate feedbacks of the members of the forum on the above – any comment as long as it is constructive will be much appreciated.

Note that I have deliberately not included usage of the valor units as part of this strategy. Mainly as I believe that the top end cash units are somehow superior to the top end valor units. They also feel more sustainable (but might be wrong) specially when building long-term strategy as I am not sure of the amount of valor that can be generated beyond level 90. I have not ruled out the idea of using them in combination and will consequently keep them as reserve (currently 25k reserve) if I feel a boost is required or if I simply do get bored a little.

Beyond some feedbacks from the most experienced players, it would be great to get answers/views on the following

- How feasible do you think is this strategy? What area could be improved?
- How competitive will the target army be? Some of my allies, full gold players have stats well over 130K so I should anticipate a few daily losses once reaching the higher levels. How can I estimate the daily losses and consequently ensure that my income can sustain the losses?
- Has anyone already implemented similar? if yes, would love to hear some feedbacks from them.

Thanks,

digitalwalker
04-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Interesting ideas u have presented and I shall give a quick reply:
1) lvl8 advanced air base is enf

2) wat u really need to estimate first is that how long u r going to play this game

3) for the best use of cash and time, stick with units from ur country. Sea units in ur case

4) wat income u need to sustain the units loss is based on how "fat" r u to be a cash cow in the eyes of sharks.

Maverick50727
04-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Hard to say, but I would say you have better chance being a Gold player to reach that lofty goal than I do. I would have to question how much more in gold you expect to spend and do you use it to warp time in upgrades and completion times. LOL You seem to have a good economy, better then me at this point, but you listed some gold money buildings in there so that is probably the difference. Like I said your econmy has to be strong and it appears to be, but many "appear" to be stronger than they really are becuase they maxed their lower building to L10 which adds elevated number/hr. But that is theoretical as in order to get it, you have to collect every 5 minutes, 30 minutes, hour, etc and not sleep or have a life. But if you are doing the high end and manage to collect before being raided you stand a good chance.

Time is your enemy. I don't know if you have done the math on total cost of 2000 cash units vs. your income per hour max in the near term. Some peopel said a free player could take years and never get that high, but I haven't done the math myself. You have an advantage of gold and depending on how you use it, you can overcome much, but that takes the challenge out for me.

I'll let some who have crunched the numbers to speak on possible times needed to reach your army density. It depends on the number and strenghts of your gold units you have and plan to purchase. A single gold uit can be equal to 3-4 of the highest possible cash units remember the tiem to get it is a purchase vs. generateing in cash revenue. You also have to allow for loses. The only way to minimize may be to ally with the bigger fish if they will have you. Allies can't attack.

What is you density now? Last time I checked I think I was around 28-30. I would say don't rule out valor to use, maybe they will add more high in valor units eventually. I keep around 50K in extra valor at all times now and use my ally count to control my units taken to battle and density.

Agent Orange
04-09-2012, 03:59 PM
To the OP, your plan is a good one granted it may take some time to actually get there. Two thousand Stealth Bombers is going to cost 77,200,000,000 and will give you an attack score of 100,000 but only 32,000 defense so on top of these you need to buy some of the most powerful defensive units which looks like the $5,400,000 Aircraft Carrier at 46 defense for a total of $10,800,000,000. That would give you 92,000 defense. That is if we go under the assumption that the game takes your top 2000 attack and your top 2000 defensive units in order to calculate the stats you see in your profile.

Now to put things into perspective there are golden players topping the 200,000 attack and nearly 200,000 defense.

Where you are at now is very good stat wise, 20K at L50 should be pretty strong and you should be able to keep moving up with that strategy for a while.

When I started playing we didn't have a lot of the units, buildings and boost buildings we have now and that made a difference in terms of strategy. Plus factor in the very high loss rates I see now making PvP for valor almost useless as most people will loose more in units and valor units then they will ever hope to gain. That pretty much makes PvP dead IMHO.

But I digress, my current strategy is to bulk up my army and building Stealth Bombers and Railguns is really the only way though rather time consuming and expensive. Granted you being at L50 gives you plenty of time to get there. Just try not to kill my LLP when you see her.....

Warfiend
04-09-2012, 04:22 PM
I'm far lower level than you, but I've been playing for a couple months at a slow pace and I've built up some pretty decent forces for my level/ally count. There's two things I'm doing that I feel are really working for me as compared to what I see others doing in the game, so I'll share them with you and maybe they'll help with your play style, maybe they won't:

1) I upgrade my target unit building first, so that as I'm waiting for the money buildings to update, I can be buying the new units. For example, when I achieved my objective of my defensive forces being a mix of sea scouts and ambulances, my next objective was to increase my defensive forces to being a mix of mine launchers and stealth drones. I focused on upgrading the shipyard to unlock the mine launcher, as that would take a shorter time, then once that was done, I moved to upgrade my money buildings while buying mine launchers. In a few more days, I will stop upgrading my money buildings and start upgrading my air strip as I get closer to my target mine launcher count in preparation for buying the drones.

I was doing it in reverse before, upgrading the economy and then the unit buildings and this way I'm able to add something every day to my forces while the upgrades continue and I don't have a pile of cash growing and screaming "someone please attack me and take it from me."

2) I have been and intend to continue to keep my 24 hour payout buildings at payouts lower than the cost of what I believe the weakest unit a similar cash(no gold) player would risk losing to get past my defense. When I have the 24 hour building at that sweet spot, I'm then moving to upgrading the 18,12,8, and 6 hour buildings to bring them as close to the 24 hour payout as possible.

I've been playing war games similar to this for a couple of years and I've learned that patience can get you where the impatient will never get to. Good luck.