PDA

View Full Version : Different Event

dudeman
04-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Am I the only one who is finding these events repetitive and a little bit annoying (and a lot frustrating)?

Will there ever be an event that requires skill rather than dumb luck, a fat wallet or a rich daddy in order to "win"?

At the very least these dumb luck events should somehow take into account number of open-attempts. If I can make a point to log in and try opening event boxes 20 times a day, is that not considered effort and determination? I know no one is entitled to win the event end items, but in just about any other game, video or real life, if you want the goal bad enough you can get it without having to be lucky about it.

I grew up in a world where "determination brings strength", but in these events all determination does is make you tired and easily irritable due to lack of sleep. To say that has no affect on a person's daily life is like saying M4s were nerfed because of balance issues.

/rant

mnju_03
04-09-2012, 02:06 PM
I completely respect your post but.... I think determination and spending money on gold are similar... If I'm determined enough, I'll spend money, up my chances... Boom.

Plux
04-09-2012, 02:08 PM
Dudeman, fellow co-mafia of mine, I'm boycotting the following events to this one. I will suggest that we organise a little on this and help with ideas on how to tweak these events to help us enjoy the game even more and allow Funzio to encourage a little spending but not gambling spending. However I'm boycotting and just going to enjoy the items on the non cash low chance choice for the next 3 months. I agree with you Dudeman.

Euchred
04-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Amen to that.

mnju_03
04-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Hey, guys... I'm totally down to help organize ideas for improvement! I love that idea...

Dorian Gray
04-09-2012, 02:16 PM
I hear ya dudeman. I'm not sure I like where these events are taking the game. Too much 'chance' involved in getting these bonuses that are only putting a bigger divide between the haves and have nots. I'm starting to feel like I'm playing a 'Lottery Simulator' game, not Crime City. :(

jaywalker
04-09-2012, 02:25 PM
You don't get the carrot in front of you, but you get a few nice freebies on your way towards the goal. I never expect to get the grand price, with that attitude I don't really see the problem. We get freebies, funzio gets to sell some gold, a few people get the grand price.

Swifty
04-09-2012, 02:35 PM
+1 dudeman

We need a perseverance and persistence event.

Ghost818
04-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Maybe all of you could click the Idea I posted in my signature, would also appreciate the opinions while my thread answers this one :)

Babytway
04-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Dudeman, i think/know you complain about every event. i think its time for you to retire from the game

Ghost818
04-09-2012, 05:08 PM
If every person who complained about you robbing them and retired beloved Babytway, you'd be left with no one to rob. Dudeman is an asset to the forum, as are you, and everyone else who has a brain and can constructively make a response to benefit the majority.

mnju_03
04-09-2012, 05:09 PM
If every person who complained about you robbing them and retired beloved Babytway, you'd be left with no one to rob. Dudeman is an asset to the forum, as are you, and everyone else who has a brain and can constructively make a response to benefit the majority.

Dude, I have bro love for you right now.

Ghost818
04-09-2012, 05:15 PM
As do I my jittery hyperactive blurry avatared friend.

Babytway
04-09-2012, 05:18 PM

same complain different event is all im trying to say. i have had lots of spammers/complainers/retailiater's come back at me for robbing them silly and i dont complain i dont get mad i just acknowledge thats how it is move on, i dont have to post about it. ( well i did but only once)

Ghost818
04-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Some people share their true thoughts more openly than others, on this particular example Dudeman has done so, however if everyone else who felt the same way as Dudeman and actually expressed it, a lot of people would have to retire :/.

Dont get me wrong though, I do get your point, but lets try to be considerate here :D

Fig Oni
04-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Dudeman is a bit frustrated.

But need to take the 'rough with the smodude' man!
I love the lucky events as it good to get the 10th item without using gold.

Ask Ram he knows that feeling too.

Rhino72
04-09-2012, 05:49 PM
same complain different event is all im trying to say. i have had lots of spammers/complainers/retailiater's come back at me for robbing them silly and i dont complain i dont get mad i just acknowledge thats how it is move on, i dont have to post about it. ( well i did but only once)

Sorry I have to agree with baby here. Most people overlook the 3 now 4 free items items because they can't get the prized jewel. Why not just take it and be happy? Here is a gift to you non gold spenders that can keep playing this free game that doesn't have to cost you a thing. As in life, most material items are never free so accept what you are given and be happy with it.

dudeman
04-09-2012, 05:51 PM
I didn't really say there was anything wrong with these events, except, it's the same thing each time and there is no skill required. You get the end item by luck or by telling yourself cost is not an issue.

That's fine, I'm playing along. It just gets boring when you invest so much time on a random chance and you are repeatedly unsuccessful in obtaining the end item. To make that a little more frustrating, the forum is full of lucky people who were successful, many of them on two separate accounts, many of them with more than one event, and many of them for no gold.

Santa
04-09-2012, 05:55 PM
Every game has a winner and a loser.

Words of wisdom from Santa. :)

Rhino72
04-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Every game has a winner and a loser.

Words of wisdom from Santa. :)

Actually Santa every event in game has only winners but so many people look past what they have gotten and want more. This is the story of life...

dudeman
04-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Actually Santa every event in game has only winners but so many people look past what they have gotten and want more. This is the story of life...

The only prize I want from the events is the end modifier. I can earn stats the hard way. All the free items leading up to the end item are nice, but they are teasers. Designed to make you feel like you're getting something you couldn't have otherwise had. The only winners in these events are the ones who get all 10 of the event currency.

Not to derail my own thread though, I'm not talking about "this sucks I didn't win". While that does suck (for me), my focus is more towards the fact that luck and money are the only thing required to win, and if you have neither then you're boned. It would be really nice if there was en event that could be won without luck or a source of a large amount of disposable income.

Ghost818
04-09-2012, 06:17 PM
The only prize I want from the events is the end modifier. I can earn stats the hard way. All the free items leading up to the end item are nice, but they are teasers. Designed to make you feel like you're getting something you couldn't have otherwise had. The only winners in these events are the ones who get all 10 of the event currency.

Not to derail my own thread though, I'm not talking about "this sucks I didn't win". While that does suck (for me), my focus is more towards the fact that luck and money are the only thing required to win, and if you have neither then you're boned. It would be really nice if there was en event that could be won without luck or a source of a large amount of disposable income.
Have you looked at the thread in my sig bro? What do you think of that as a different event?

Rhino72
04-09-2012, 06:18 PM

I hear you and I know what you are saying. If you are funzio devil if you do devil if you don't... If you make 1 of every 5 events based off of effort then going forward everybody waits for the 5th effort event just like repatriating foreign tax profits at a lower "one time tax rate". If it was me in charge I would read the forums and see valuable input from many members and flick the random in favor odd switch on for guys like you. Keep up the effort audit eventually will pay off here.

Whoopdido1980
04-09-2012, 06:19 PM
I'm with dudeman. We simply CANNOT have a 5th event in a row that's identical to the previous 4. Funzio has to throw something new at us.

Fig Oni
04-09-2012, 06:32 PM
@dudeman

Being President of America don't take skill but it does take place, whom ever has the biggest campaign funds win maybe your campaign funds need to be looked at.

Fig Oni
04-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Quick log of how many successful opens it took to get 1st to 10th pendant

1st - 1
2nd - 2
3rd - 2
4th - 3
5th - 1
6th - 1
7th - 3
8th - 1
9th - 3
10th - 18

Altogether 35 successful opening for ten pendant don't know or care how many fails I had.

Edit: 5 opens after the 10th

Nudie
04-09-2012, 07:18 PM
I don't know about skill but the sheer persistence in logging in and opening stuff every hour was pretty tough for me. I think I earned every prize I received.

Euchred
04-09-2012, 07:36 PM
In addition to what Dudeman has already said something that really gets me about these event is the whole balance factor. The items are overpowered to get people to spend but I think it's too much of an advantage for those that do succeed. i can't wait till they run out of reasonable boosts and start breaking the game with really overpowered items.