PDA

View Full Version : Cross dress for Pendant success ?

BeniBugatti
04-09-2012, 01:12 PM
First let me state... What I am about to relay is completely bunk and should not work, unless of course Funzio has a very unusual bug in its random number generator or a programmer over there has quite a sense of humor.

A friend of mine has a conspiracy theory: "switching one's avatar sex often increases the odds of getting pendants.

Sounds silly right...

Well, after falling massively flat on the last event, I gave it a try for this event. My results can only add to the conspiracy.

I have only successfully opened 10 boxes this time (all with the free option). Of those 10 I have received 7 pendants so far...

mnju_03
04-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Interesting...

i need muney
04-09-2012, 01:31 PM
This is getting ridiculous.

mnju_03
04-09-2012, 01:36 PM
This is getting ridiculous.

Yup, I'm not gonna lie. I tried...Didn't work. Last time I take advice from that guy! :P

BeniBugatti
04-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Hey, now... I did not advise anyone to do this. It was merely an amusing observation. Any if I notice more female avatars walking the criminal streets with names like Bruno then well, it will make me smile.

mnju_03
04-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Hey, now... I did not advise anyone to do this. It was merely an amusing observation. Any if I notice more female avatars walking the criminal streets with names like Bruno then well, it will make me smile.

I'm just giving ya crap! lol... :P

Ghost818
04-09-2012, 04:14 PM
First let me state... What I am about to relay is completely bunk and should not work, unless of course Funzio has a very unusual bug in its random number generator or a programmer over there has quite a sense of humor.

A friend of mine has a conspiracy theory: "switching one's avatar sex often increases the odds of getting pendants.

Sounds silly right...

Well, after falling massively flat on the last event, I gave it a try for this event. My results can only add to the conspiracy.

I have only successfully opened 10 boxes this time (all with the free option). Of those 10 I have received 7 pendants so far...
As appealing it may sound to you, getting 7 or even 8 with a small amount opened is normal, getting to 8, 9 and 10 is where people struggle. As I need Muney said, it does sound ridiculous, but as I always say, you are entitled to your own opinion, and its your right believe what you want, but I assure you almost all of us got to 7 or 8 within 10-15 tries its quite common, and we didnt cross dresss.

mac daddy
04-09-2012, 06:06 PM
One possible problem with your analysis is that you are comparing performance from last event to your success on an entirely different one. You assume that the only changed variable is your avatar. It may be that any observed differences are due to a change in the algorithm employed for the present event. My own data suggests a much higher drop rate from the last event, all with the same avatar.

i need muney
04-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Leave 666 bucks in your bank and satan will help you.

Ram
04-09-2012, 08:14 PM
I call shenanigans on this guys! You big fat phony ;)