PDA

View Full Version : Shelf life of the forum's senior members?

Thunder Child
04-09-2012, 05:26 AM
It's that time of the day when most of you are working or sleeping, and I'm bored. Got to reading some of the forum posts from months ago, noticing that names I had become familiar with have long since vanished. We have posts now along the lines of "Who is BigFlan?" and "Where is Stricker?" but what about those posting legends who came, saw, conquered....then vanished? The name Chuck Norris comes to mind, and there must be many more you are all familiar with.
Got to thinking of our own shelf lives. At what point and why will we eventually fade into obscurity, or will we? What is the shelf life of the legend that is currently War Priest, and what of his faithful shadow / sidekick 'Flanman'?
When I see yet another post about bringing units to battle or decorations not showing, I can't help sighing and wondering whether I am approaching my own Best Before date.....
Thoughts?

Poopenshire
04-09-2012, 06:03 AM
I think they get bored with the forum, also end up spending more time playing than talking about playing. they have their strategies and their methods honed. besides they need dumb people to not be prepared and ready such that they are easy targets.

Thunder Child
04-09-2012, 06:07 AM
Thread closed.

Bronson
04-09-2012, 06:14 AM
Thread closed.

I actually think shelf life will increase due to the new breed of senior members and I will tell you why......

THREADS NEVER CLOSE - we just wait until the correct answer is given to the n00bs then we hijack them, we are building a good community here and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!!

Thunder Child
04-09-2012, 06:19 AM
The breath of fresh air from the valley! How ya doing Bronson?

Bronson
04-09-2012, 06:19 AM
Hey TC did you check out my suggestion in the St George's Day thread?

marebear
04-09-2012, 06:22 AM
Ah the sticky subject again. Guess it depends on what the forum is used for and what you want it to be used for. Some want all modern war talk, others want that plus chat. A one note song does get boring imo. How many times can you read about the same thing/ answer the same questions before getting bored? Personally for me I like the adult interaction as my toddlers conversations while cute are not that intellectually stimulating. ;) I guess if it is all mw all the time I would check in less, but still visit for the "name the le" stuff? Idk, my two cents on your closed thread :)

Thunder Child
04-09-2012, 06:22 AM
Did. Unfortunately SGD doesn't capture the North American imagination in the same way as Paddy's day. IF they produced anything with the George Cross, id be the first to buy...in bulk!

Thunder Child
04-09-2012, 06:25 AM
Ah the sticky subject again. Guess it depends on what the forum is used for and what you want it to be used for. Some want all modern war talk, others want that plus chat. A one note song does get boring imo. How many times can you read about the same thing/ answer the same questions before getting bored? Personally for me I like the adult interaction as my toddlers conversations while cute are not that intellectually stimulating. ;) I guess if it is all mw all the time I would check in less, but still visit for the "name the le" stuff? Idk, my two cents on your closed thread :)
NOT closed! I was being ironic. Totally agree with you Marebear.

Bronson
04-09-2012, 06:27 AM
I suggested a defence orientated turret operator! I don't think I have ever heard that suggestion before, hope they give me a free one lol

marebear
04-09-2012, 06:28 AM
I was just pokin atcha.. (about closing the thread) I totally put my hands on my hips and stamped my feet and said You're Not the Boss of Me!!!!

Bronson
04-09-2012, 06:30 AM
Also before I do hijack the thread completely I think more people would stay with the forum if we had more feedback from Funzio or even if they joined in with debate!

They are never going to tell us all their secrets but it would help the thread if we had some input from them rather than just putting up a sticky every now and again

marebear
04-09-2012, 06:30 AM
@bronson: I love you ya funny bastard.. Totally platonically of courseGeorge the turret operator! I'd shell out for one.

Thunder Child
04-09-2012, 06:31 AM
I suggested a defence orientated turret operator! I don't think I have ever heard that suggestion before, hope they give me a free one lol
Man, if I had a photo of the guy, I'd pay Funzio to model a damn Turret Op. on him, then paint a massive target on it's chest with 0 def. stats selling for 5 gold.... Nobody would buy a grunt anymore!

Poopenshire
04-09-2012, 06:33 AM
Also before I do hijack the thread completely I think more people would stay with the forum if we had more feedback from Funzio or even if they joined in with debate!

They are never going to tell us all their secrets but it would help the thread if we had some input from them rather than just putting up a sticky every now and again

The feedback that there is tends to be so one sided and blind eyed that it might as well be nonexistant. what even scarier is that way more is ignored compared to what is responded to. a thread talking about sales of an account got a response before page 4 and locked down, while all the customer complaints don't even get a read probably.

someone is looking to compete with EA in the WCIA award!

marebear
04-09-2012, 06:33 AM
We are the funzio step child.. L fizzle jokes with the cc folks and they are on multiple platforms. Don't know why, mw is way better than cc.

Thunder Child
04-09-2012, 06:34 AM
@bronson: I love you ya funny bastard.. Totally platonically of courseGeorge the turret operator! I'd shell out for one.
YES! Give him a name! George the Turret Operator! Awesome. How long before BF arrives on the thread? Start the clock!

marebear
04-09-2012, 06:38 AM
YES! Give him a name! George the Turret Operator! Awesome. How long before BF arrives on the thread? Start the clock!It's Monday so he is probably in school... Ferb, I know what we're going to do today. Draw up st George the turret operator and submit it to funzio.

Thunder Child
04-09-2012, 06:41 AM
It's Monday so he is probably in school... Ferb, I know what we're going to do today. Draw up st George the turret operator and sucliff.leavitt@agilent.combmit it to funzio.
I forget, who did the avatars for AO and DW? We need an avatar for Flan. Some kind of chunky looking grunt sitting in his turret eating a massive pie!

Bronson
04-09-2012, 06:43 AM
I forget, who did the avatars for AO and DW? We need an avatar for Flan. Some kind of chunky looking grunt sitting in his turret eating a massive pie!

That was McDoc we need him on the case for this brilliant idea

marebear
04-09-2012, 06:44 AM
McDoc did it, and you mean pudding :) I'm going to change my name to thread killa

Bronson
04-09-2012, 07:00 AM
I would love one of the creative types to actually make one of these, unfortunately it's not in my skill set I will stick to the jokes

Hello Kitty
04-09-2012, 07:01 AM
I would love one of the creative types to actually make one of these, unfortunately it's not in my skill set I will stick to the jokes And I will laugh at your jokes, share popcorn, and toss out spreadsheet stats.

Thunder Child
04-09-2012, 07:07 AM
Funny thing when I was going through some of the older posts, I don't recall seeing any Hello Kitty or Bronson types; definitely one or two WP prototypes, but again didn't spot a Flan....maybe you guys are a new breed, a kind of mutant strain that is emerging!

Bronson
04-09-2012, 07:13 AM
The Modern War Community - How a thread works

Threads started by - Thunder Child, Draino
Brilliant answers given by - Agent Orange, JMC, Digitalwalker
Backed up by spreadsheets from - Hello Kitty
Hijacked by - Bronson, Aiden
Brilliant joke from - Bronson
Then 100 posts added by - War Priest
Those 100 posts then quoted by - Bigflan
Additional information from - poopenshire, JonnyR, marebear and plenty of others
Silly post to kill the thread - bigflan

Agent Orange
04-09-2012, 07:17 AM
Best before...... Sniff, sniff..... Hmmm

Chuck is still playing found him with my LLP the other day. There may be a couple of name changes and I think some just quit. Speed and JMC have been around since pretty much the beginning with me.

In terms of dev participation, things are actually a lot better now at least we have a couple of people who are in the forums more often and actually posting. Maybe not perfect but a good start.

I think rehashing the same ol same ol tends to wear folks out as well.

Thunder Child
04-09-2012, 07:18 AM

Additional information from - poopenshire, JonnyR, marebear and plenty of others
Bronson, you're a legend!

Single best post EVER! Should be printed, framed and hung in the house of every forum member.

Thunder Child
04-09-2012, 07:20 AM
Best before...... Sniff, sniff..... Hmmm

Chuck is still playing found him with my LLP the other day. There may be a couple of name changes and I think some just quit. Speed and JMC have been around since pretty much the beginning with me.
Good to see Speed up and running in the forum again, and I hope you and JMC never retire.... Personally, miss seeing Chuck around. It was because of some of his posts that I finally joined.

Agent Orange
04-09-2012, 07:21 AM
Nice one Bronson!

Bronson
04-09-2012, 07:24 AM
Single best post EVER! Should be printed, framed and hung in the house of every forum member.

Nice one Bronson!

Much appreciated gents :)

Hello Kitty
04-09-2012, 07:26 AM
Hilarious post Bronson! Still laughing. :D

Thunder Child
04-09-2012, 07:32 AM
Notice how AO does his bit here and then nips next door to help the guy with his decorations? That's what it's all about and I guess when he stops giving his time like that it'll be time to hang up his boots... briefcase?... guns?... camo jacket?

Poopenshire
04-09-2012, 07:43 AM
Did this forum just become serious?

Thunder Child
04-09-2012, 07:47 AM
Did this forum just become serious?
Uh, no.... Did you miss Bronson's piece? I was just trying to keep it on track! He pulls in one direction, so I pull it back - the Welsh and the English been doing it forever!

Poopenshire
04-09-2012, 08:01 AM
BTW, I made Senior this morning!

Thunder Child
04-09-2012, 08:07 AM
BTW, I made Senior this morning!
Congrats! What is there for us next?

Bronson
04-09-2012, 08:11 AM
Bronson, you're a legend!

Congrats! What is there for us next?

If they made a status called "Legendary Member" based purely on the quality of posts, who do you think would get it second, after me of course lol

bigflan
04-09-2012, 08:14 AM
Hi guys what's happening

Poopenshire
04-09-2012, 08:15 AM
If they made a status called "Legendary Member" based purely on the quality of posts, who do you think would get it second, after me of course lol

I think instead of legendary you get your own unit based on your name. some of you seem to deserve it, like a turret operator!

bigflan
04-09-2012, 08:16 AM
I think instead of legendary you get your own unit based on your name. some of you seem to deserve it, like a turret operator!Hey that's mine and there should also be flan plane a plane made of pudding hurray a go bigflan go bigflan

Bronson
04-09-2012, 08:19 AM
I think instead of legendary you get your own unit based on your name. some of you seem to deserve it, like a turret operator!

Sounds like a good plan and I did invent a turret operator called George so happy days

Thunder Child
04-09-2012, 08:21 AM
You're seeking nominations? Not sure I'm qualified (yet!) but I would nominate Chuck Norris - never afraid to speak his mind! AO and JMC for sure, and I guess DW, Maverick, McD and WP.
Now jump forward in time, let's say six months, will there be another Bronson posting the same type of question to his fellow forum members? And more to the point, will your name be forwarded, Bronson?

bigflan
04-09-2012, 08:22 AM
Sounds like a good plan and I did invent a turret operator called George so happy daysYour should be a spy guy with 2 attack and 3 defense ahahhahahhaha

Thunder Child
04-09-2012, 08:23 AM
Hey that's mine and there should also be flan plane a plane made of pudding hurray a go bigflan go bigflan
Hey Flan! I set the clock runnin a while back on when you'd show... You never fail to disappoint!

overkill 280
04-09-2012, 08:44 AM
I suggested a defence orientated turret operator! I don't think I have ever heard that suggestion before, hope they give me a free one lol Oh Noooooo what have you done Bronson :p

overkill 280
04-09-2012, 08:49 AM

Silly post to kill the thread - bigflan K I'm feeling left out Bronson :mad:

Bronson
04-09-2012, 09:12 AM
K I'm feeling left out Bronson :mad:

Sorry dude no offence my memory not the best so just used most of the people on the thread already

bigflan
04-09-2012, 09:18 AM
You get spy guy 2 attack 3defense
I get turret operator 50x better

Bronson
04-09-2012, 09:22 AM
You get spy guy 2 attack 3defense
I get turret operator 50x better

What are you talking about your quoting me and I'm talking to someone else???

bigflan
04-09-2012, 09:24 AM
What are you talking about your quoting me and I'm talking to someone else???It's fixed if every one got a unit based off forum person you get spy guy 2 attack 3 defense
I get turret operator and flan plane way better than spy guy

overkill 280
04-09-2012, 09:33 AM
Sorry dude no offence my memory not the best so just used most of the people on the thread already Guess I shoulda got up earlier I guess :rolleyes: So now that I'm here, where would I fit in :p

overkill 280
04-09-2012, 09:37 AM
K Bronson, I'm going to work now, I expect a reply by the time I'm back ;)

Bronson
04-09-2012, 09:58 AM
K I'm feeling left out Bronson :mad:

Guess I shoulda got up earlier I guess :rolleyes: So now that I'm here, where would I fit in :p

K Bronson, I'm going to work now, I expect a reply by the time I'm back ;)

OK for some of the more "sensitive" members of the forum (see above quotes lol) I have expanded the "most legendary post ever"TM to include another category, enjoy

Brilliant answers given by - Agent Orange, JMC, Digitalwalker, McDoc, Maverick and plenty of others
Popcorn popped by - Kitty, OVERKILL and plenty of others

Hello Kitty
04-09-2012, 10:05 AM
Another brilliant joke from Bronson! Kitty is eating popcorn and laughing out loud. :D I checked off spreadsheet earlier on another thread, so my day is almost done.

Bronson
04-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Another brilliant joke from Bronson! Kitty is eating popcorn and laughing out loud. :D I checked off spreadsheet earlier on another thread, so my day is almost done.

I could have added more brilliant jokes by Bronson and a lot more names but I would never have finished the post so that will be the last up date, sorry for anyone not on there but my "shelf life" is the same as a railgun so there is plenty of time for me to roast you all.

bigflan
04-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Uisnshjosjssj so wait is it my time to kill this thread

War Priest
04-09-2012, 10:52 AM
I am not reading all these pages. But I am about to pull a stricker. These forums are getting pretty boring and old. Sometimes they provide a good laugh though.

KCh
04-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Uisnshjosjssj so wait is it my time to kill this thread

What a kid

JMC
04-09-2012, 10:53 AM
What a kid

[][][][][]

bigflan
04-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Yeah this thread is dead time of death 9 54

War Priest
04-09-2012, 10:59 AM
[][][][][]

Is this some sort of secret message that only you and KCh know?

Procyon
04-09-2012, 11:05 AM
I would love one of the creative types to actually make one of these, unfortunately it's not in my skill set I will stick to the jokes

A quick, amateur, copyright law breaking rendition. McDoc can do MUCH better.

Mcdoc
04-09-2012, 11:10 AM

That was McDoc we need him on the case for this brilliant idea

Someone already posted an Avatar of Milhouse from the Simpson's that is just too perfect already.

OK for some of the more "sensitive" members of the forum (see above quotes lol) I have expanded the "most legendary post ever"TM to include another category, enjoyThe Modern War Community - How a thread worksThreads started by - Thunder Child, DrainoBrilliant answers given by - Agent Orange, JMC, Digitalwalker, McDoc, Maverick and plenty of othersBacked up by spreadsheets from - Hello KittyHijacked by - Bronson, AidenPopcorn popped by - Kitty, OVERKILL and plenty of othersBrilliant joke from - BronsonThen 100 posts added by - War PriestThose 100 posts then quoted by - BigflanAdditional information from - poopenshire, JonnyR, marebear and plenty of othersSilly post to kill the thread - bigflan
You're seeking nominations? Not sure I'm qualified (yet!) but I would nominate Chuck Norris - never afraid to speak his mind! AO and JMC for sure, and I guess DW, Maverick, McD and WP.Now jump forward in time, let's say six months, will there be another Bronson posting the same type of question to his fellow forum members? And more to the point, will your name be forwarded, Bronson?

I must admit - I was a little torn between feeling left out of Bronson's original description of the progression of a post or feeling this is a sign that I am being forced into "early retirement" - LoL

Hi guys what's happeningYou had me at "Hello" - or in tis case - You lost/annoyed me at "Hi"

Yeah this thread is dead time of death 9 54Never disappoints!

See what happens when the parents (WP) are out f the room - LoL

Bronson
04-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Lol good effort Procyon

Bronson
04-09-2012, 11:14 AM
No early retirement for you McDoc but I did the original version on the fly (and my memory is a bit hazy) so could only think of people that had posted on the thread.

After realising my error you and Mav were always gonna make the cut ;)

bigflan
04-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Hi guys I'm back again

Poopenshire
04-09-2012, 11:24 AM
and its dead again here.

bigflan
04-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Time of death 10 25 again

Agent Orange
04-09-2012, 11:27 AM
We all expired?

War Priest
04-09-2012, 12:04 PM
See what happens when the parents (WP) are out f the room - LoL

Haha, not funny Mcdoc. :rolleyes:

bigflan
04-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Haha, not funny Mcdoc. :rolleyes:Your a parent of the forms your the old guy who is like "stop posting that stuff you rotten kids"

Maverick50727
04-09-2012, 12:12 PM
OK for some of the more "sensitive" members of the forum (see above quotes lol) I have expanded the "most legendary post ever"TM to include another category, enjoy

Brilliant answers given by - Agent Orange, JMC, Digitalwalker, McDoc, Maverick and plenty of others

I was about to send you a note about me. I wasn't feeling the love!!! I'm not on nearly as much any more on the furum due to family and work. You can also say Marverick tries to ride in on his White Horse in to save the day after 20 people have already answered the question first!!! LOL

War Priest
04-09-2012, 12:26 PM

50 of those are from me quoting bigflan about quoting me. :)

Bronson
04-09-2012, 12:27 PM
I was about to send you a note about me. I wasn't feeling the love!!! I'm not on nearly as much any more on the furum due to family and work. You can also say Marverick tries to ride in on his White Horse in to save the day after 20 people have already answered the question first!!! LOL

Lol I forgot loads of people but your right up there in the brilliant answers column and I should know you have helped me enough!

If you all want me to do a huge one with everyone on there then someone do me a spreadsheet with every forum member on it and some day I will get around to doing it ;)

bigflan
04-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Hey WP read my comment at top of the page

Maverick50727
04-09-2012, 12:28 PM
For more serious matters. I think many are getting bored and move on. I know Trampstamp was and had reached out to me and and others to take over his spreadsheet. I didn't have the time, but wasn't expecting his quick departure and don't know the details of his leaving and banned classification. I never found out who is maintinaing the sheet now, I work from my own local copy.

Still many are just busy in work, it is spring meaning yard work for some, some getting heat from spending too much time with the game, been on vacation, etc I fit all of these!!! LOL I also switched to Skyrim on the Xbox to burn extra time instead of MW. I had the game since XMAS and had only played it for 30 minutes until 2 weeks ago. I'm afraid to look how much time I wasted on that now. But at least I wait until after family goes to bed before I break that out normally.

In the end I hope to be a Senior forum member legend. You may forget Maverick50727 one day. But if nothing else my Lone Ranger avatar will live on with you guys I hope and some of you will say. Who was that masked man?

Bronson
04-09-2012, 12:42 PM
Bye man and sorry your not a legend you need 500 posts minimum to be considered a legend.

Any fool with fingers can get to 500 posts to be a real legend on here it's about quality over quantity and I am sure most will agree that without people like Mav, McDoc, AO, JMC, Digitalwalker, Chuck Norris and a whole host of others that this forum would not work they are real legends and without them I would be getting my a$$ whipped in whale country rather than playing the game as it suppose to.

For all them I thank you

Maverick50727
04-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Bye man and sorry your not a legend you need 500 posts minimum to be considered a legend
You are too funny. It is quality not quantity that counts. LOL

I don't claim to be the ultimate expert but I hope I add value. I also do more private messages than thread posts working one on one with people or groups of other seniors / friends.

Back to my point the other day. People are posting too much sometimes. I've seen a person go from Junior to Senior in a few days not knowing what he was talking about and arguing. Funny thing was I saw people in the end asking the guy for advice since they saw him listed as a "Senior". I won't mention names. He/She wouldn't take any of the advice from the real seniors and finally sold of their base and left the game in anger unless they switched to another ID to start again from scratch. People paint themselves into corners leveling up too fast and sometimes it takes drastie measures and time to correct.

StuN
04-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Bigflan that was an unbelievably arrogant reply!

Everson25
04-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Hi all! I 'm not a senior member. I visit and read the threads every single day. Not just that, but i read all messages to make sure I didn't miss anything. I'm not good on jokes so i try to be quiet and listen or read about it. When It's about the game I don't say much either as some of you guys always have the right answer or experience to share with other players. I do sometimes post but with the attempt to show that I like to be part of the forum even in my own way. I agree whith what was said above in one of the messages that if we were to chat about mw on the forum all the time would be a bit boring. So that's why i like to come here. I think it's hillarious some of the jokes. I even want to put my name on the list for the turent operator myself. Anyway Thanks!

bigflan
04-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Who is this tramp stamp guy that everyone talks about

MaverickMunkey
04-09-2012, 12:58 PM

Any fool with fingers can get to 500 posts to be a real legend on here it's about quality over quantity and I am sure most will agree that without people like Mav, McDoc, AO, JMC, Digitalwalker, Chuck Norris and a whole host of others that this forum would not work they are real legends and without them I would be getting my a$$ whipped in whale country rather than playing the game as it suppose to.

For all them I thank you

I agree with you here Bronson.

I only found this forum about Level 40-50ish by which time I had made so many school boy (X-Box like errors!) that i am now Level 97 and just about making up for my earlier errors in leveling up too quickly without building up my base!

Without the input of Tramp, Speed, AO JMC etc I wouldn't have realised/worked out how to recover!

I have now got a LLP and am rectifying all of my mistakes but it is too late for my main account - but will soldier on to see if I can survive and prosper in Whaleland!

bigflan
04-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Sorry maverick about my immature response I got rid of it and I'm sorry

Maverick50727
04-09-2012, 01:02 PM

For all them I thank youThanks for the kind words. Now I owe you more..I was slow on the draw, got caught up in something else why responding to him.

I do owe you a followup anaylsis also. I'm working with about 9-10 people now. I sent you something last Friday about being delayed but I think that got lost. Didn't forget, just been busy at work after vacation. I'm shoot you more in PM when I can. I sent a bunch to Primo this moring, we will see if he gets results also.

In the end I'll write a guide with my knowledge and pass the torch before I leave.

War Priest
04-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Who is this tramp stamp guy that everyone talks about

Tisk tisk man...

bigflan
04-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Tisk tisk man... okay Luke sent me a pm about him

bigflan
04-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Hey. Just got my 4th diamond pendant

Procyon
04-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Hi all! I 'm not a senior member. I visit and read the threads every single day. Not just that, but i read all messages to make sure I didn't miss anything. I'm not good on jokes so i try to be quiet and listen or read about it. When It's about the game I don't say much either as some of you guys always have the right answer or experience to share with other players. I do sometimes post but with the attempt to show that I like to be part of the forum even in my own way. I agree whith what was said above in one of the messages that if we were to chat about mw on the forum all the time would be a bit boring. So that's why i like to come here. I think it's hillarious some of the jokes. I even want to put my name on the list for the turent operator myself. Anyway Thanks!

I couldn't agree with you more, Everson. I read, learn, laugh and lurk. I've asked some very basic questions in the beginning and everyone, particularly Maverick, JohnnyR, JMC, Agent Orange, TrampStamp, Bronson, Aiden, McDoc, WP and others were patient and helpful. I know I can't add much so I don't want to clog up the forum just for the sake of writing something.

Really, this forum has become a nice break in the day and evenings thanks to everyone. Even being on the periphery I feel connected to this somewhat odd MW subculture.

But perhaps that's the difference - I see this forum as a 2x/day check in while others have a lot more time, effort and knowledge invested in it. I've seen a difference in forum content since I joined in February so I can see why the truly "senior" members might be weighing how much they'd still like to be involved.

Maverick50727
04-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Sorry maverick about my immature response I got rid of it and I'm sorryNo problem I wasn't offended.

digitalwalker
04-09-2012, 02:45 PM
@Maverick50727

Ur input to the forum can not be forgot. Also, sorry for didn't reply ur pm as I was really busy that time, I think u should start a new thread and put those brilliant thoughts in it, I m sure it will benefit a lot of people here.

Thunder Child
04-09-2012, 03:20 PM
Waking up, as always, to see that this thread didn't die an early death at the nags of Flan, and that there is life in us old dogs yet! All is well in the World According to Bronson! WP, you've got more than 90 posts to make on this thread to live up to our expectations!

marebear
04-09-2012, 03:22 PM
@ maverick re sky rim You can make awesome armor from the dragons bones/hides

bigflan
04-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Yawn I'm bored hopefully modern war gives us a new event some people hate them and think there boring for I think there fun and trying to get the 10th whatever thing is entertainment and it actually gives me something to do anyone else getting kind of bored of waiting and waiting

Luke7676
04-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Yawn I'm bored hopefully modern war gives us a new event some people hate them and think there boring for I think there fun and trying to get the 10th whatever thing is entertainment and it actually gives me something to do anyone else getting kind of bored of waiting and waiting

I'm content either way. It's less stressful without a event but it is fun.

overkill 280
04-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Well...New event starts tonight!

Mcdoc
04-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Figured they would have one as soon as the CC event was over :)

War Priest
04-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Waking up, as always, to see that this thread didn't die an early death at the nags of Flan, and that there is life in us old dogs yet! All is well in the World According to Bronson! WP, you've got more than 90 posts to make on this thread to live up to our expectations!

90 is a bit much. Am I known as the loud mouth or something? Half of my comments are to bigflan because he quotes me.

Thunder Child
04-09-2012, 06:41 PM
90 is a bit much. Am I known as the loud mouth or something? Half of my comments are to bigflan because he quotes me.
Loudmouth? Noooooooo... unless you spell that g-u-r-u!

Mcdoc
04-10-2012, 02:22 AM
Bump . . . as in trying to bump a particular post off the front page :)

Thunder Child
07-03-2012, 07:42 AM
Think I know the answer to my original question, and it's not as long as I thought.....

Dillinja
07-03-2012, 08:25 AM
I think they get bored with the forum, also end up spending more time playing than talking about playing. they have their strategies and their methods honed. besides they need dumb people to not be prepared and ready such that they are easy targets.
I havent posted in the MW forum for a long long time even though I play MW as much as I play CC.
Like Poopenshire said, just got bored of the forum not the people, but lately i've been lurking more and may end up posting again.

Hivesy
07-03-2012, 09:16 AM
I could have added more brilliant jokes by Bronson and a lot more names but I would never have finished the post so that will be the last up date, sorry for anyone not on there but my "shelf life" is the same as a railgun so there is plenty of time for me to roast you all.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Missed Bronson's cut off time for a mention on the list! Feels like Mark's Elite Base Defense post all over again :) You have 20 seconds to reply. Grrrrrrrrr.

Joking obv, don't expect to be in there with you bad boys. Just an excuse for me to vent about no EDB unit again. I would say that reading everyone's replies it's amazing how passionate/sensitive people get about this forum. I'm not sure anyone can give themselves 'legendary' status can they....

TC - great post. See you used to live in Camborne, I'm in Huntingdon just down the road a bit.

manbeast
07-03-2012, 10:45 AM
epic post tc. idk how long this game will keep me entertained.

albeezy
07-03-2012, 01:50 PM
I havent posted in the MW forum for a long long time even though I play MW as much as I play CC.
Like Poopenshire said, just got bored of the forum not the people, but lately i've been lurking more and may end up posting again.

I think you just did! LOL

Bronson
07-03-2012, 01:52 PM
I think my shelf life is about to expire but still have as much interest in the game as ever.

Poopenshire
07-03-2012, 01:56 PM
I think I might have 1 or 2 more months left in the game for me. its the darn casualty rates. I cannot stress it enough. Its simply ruining the game.

Mcdoc
07-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Just went back and read this thread in it's entirety. Definitely miss the likes of Tramp Stamp & Chuck Norris. I'm sure there are a few others that have slipped into the ethers - and a few more that have made less frequent appearances (myself included).

I think the thing about this game is that there comes a point when it seems pointless to PvP with the casualty rates still seeming to be SO out of whack. At that point - which i am facing right now - logging in to collect $$$ and do a couple of PvE missions when there is no event makes MW seem more like Sim City - and then the game just loses its luster

Makes me realize when reading this thread that some complaints have been around about as long as I have been around :)