PDA

View Full Version : Return to farming, help wanted.

Burn
04-09-2012, 02:37 AM
I'm not leveling fast enough, not getting any closer to the high levels, and I'm getting bored.

So to move through the levels at greater pace, I need to go back to farming instead of pure PvP.

Anyone care to PM me with some good farming spots? Don't post them on here, the more they get discussed the more likely they are to get nerfed.

Thx in advance.

Swifty
04-09-2012, 05:24 AM
Since Funzio is reading your PMs, you may as well discuss it in the open.

Max Power
04-09-2012, 05:28 AM
I am farming urban warfare vests at the clothing store at Empire Arena.

silverbackspur
04-09-2012, 05:29 AM
I thought we were one community and shared things on here.
So to sum it up you want someone to do the hard work researching the best item to farm and then share it with just you.

Burn
04-09-2012, 05:40 AM
Silverbackspur - don't be a ****.

I wanted a tip off from anyone on the forum that might consider me worth sharing it with.

No secret agenda.

As said, only reason for suggesting it might be preferable to send it by PM is that, when locations become widespread, they often get nerfed - accordingly some people might prefer to keep them on the downlow.

Burn
04-09-2012, 05:41 AM
And by virtue of a PM, and Max info above, I'm now hooked up with two farming locations that will sort me out for the foreseeable future.

Thx Max, thx Jakers.

enahs1
04-09-2012, 05:42 AM
Teahouse at Chinatown drops a lot of money and every once in a while an armored police truck 4/19

silverbackspur
04-09-2012, 05:45 AM
And last week you were asking for the forum to join as one and unite and now your looking out for yourself.
I'm sure everyone wants to know of a good farming location,
Thanks to guys not sending by pm

Hank
04-09-2012, 05:50 AM
I thought we were one community and shared things on here.
So to sum it up you want someone to do the hard work researching the best item to farm and then share it with just you.

The only ones who did any kind of hard work were the ones who contributed to making the spreadsheet. All the rest of us have to do is read it, its really not that hard. So your accusation can be leveed against anyone who uses the speadsheet...including yourself. Everything is already out in the open, there are no secrets.

silverbackspur
04-09-2012, 05:55 AM
Completely agree with you
No secrets equals no pm in my eyes
Or maybe I'm just going off on one.
Just feel that everyone on the forum should be entitled to the same info.
Nothing personal against burn or anyone else.
Just my opinion.

QPR
04-09-2012, 05:57 AM
Teahouse at Chinatown drops a lot of money and every once in a while an armored police truck 4/19

Maybe if your on level 10 it may do !

silverbackspur
04-09-2012, 06:03 AM
Maybe if your on level 10 it may do !

On the topic of farming, man u seem to be good at farming referee's and assistants. They nearly screw us every year(spurs)

You were unlucky yesterday

Santa
04-09-2012, 06:05 AM
I'm confused on what to farm also. Armored Police Truck is a horrible rate. :[

i need muney
04-09-2012, 06:06 AM
Burn, push on TL and one of the two last bosses. For the hell of it!

QPR
04-09-2012, 06:07 AM
On the topic of farming, man u seem to be good at farming referee's and assistants. They nearly screw us every year(spurs)

You were unlucky yesterday

Your right they have great experience on farming dodgy decisions !

Burn
04-09-2012, 06:08 AM
And last week you were asking for the forum to join as one and unite and now your looking out for yourself.
I'm sure everyone wants to know of a good farming location,
Thanks to guys not sending by pm

Two possible responses...

1. STFU you whining little mutt

2. Feel free to send me a PM and I'll share whatever info I have been given, because LIKE I SAID all I'm trying to do is not have the world screaming the next Nerf spot all around the forums.

Purely because I think you might be a bit dense, I'll go for option 2.

Santa
04-09-2012, 06:10 AM
Two possible responses...

1. STFU you whining little mutt

2. Feel free to send me a PM and I'll share whatever info I have been given, because LIKE I SAID all I'm trying to do is not have the world screaming the next Nerf spot all around the forums.

Purely because I think you might be a bit dense, I'll go for option 2.

I think you could've stopped before the "you might be a bit dense" part. :/

Burn
04-09-2012, 06:11 AM
In fact seeing you are Tottenham, I now have no doubt at all that you are not only dense but indeed a whining mutt.

So I'll change my answer to No.1

Santa
04-09-2012, 06:11 AM
In fact seeing you are Spurs, I now have no doubt at all that you are not only dense but indeed a whining mutt.

So I'll change my answer to No.1

Too much Burn. Don't provoke please.

silverbackspur
04-09-2012, 06:21 AM
Seems a bit of a harsh response for disagreeing with you.
Like I said in the post above I may be going off on one, it's just my opinion.

Anyway not going to get personal as I respect your opinions on here. Loved the 499 rat catching, made me enjoy the game so much more.
Just don't agree with this one.
If a location gets nerfed then so what, it's the same for everyone until the next location is found

Burn
04-09-2012, 06:29 AM
A bit harsh? I made a request, for a reason that I both explained, and thought was perfectly valid, and you decided all on your own that I'm a wrong'un. Of course I'm gonna get the strop.

The Tottenham thing is tongue in cheek, as I'm a Hammer, I'm sure you'll understand why ;)

I can only repeat, for the last time...

I didn't want to be responsible for people having to announce farming spots out loud for all to see, because Funzio appear to be on a nerfing mission currently. So wanted to be discreet. That's all.

And my offer holds true, for this or any other matter, PM me with a question, and if I have an answer, I'll respond. To anyone, on any topic, where I know something of use.

QPR
04-09-2012, 06:36 AM
Probably a gooner in disguise !

silverbackspur
04-09-2012, 06:39 AM
Aha west ham the true most hated enemy above all others
Now I will have to get personal

Rhino72
04-09-2012, 06:44 AM
Farm advice: Single click jobs that are anywhere between 10% and 24% drop rate. Vehicles are always a great option even at a lower rate but armor gains sure can happen quickly at a higher rate. I thought weeks ago the game was moving farther and farther away from single click jobs but that hasn't happened yet.

enahs1
04-09-2012, 06:48 AM
Pm me with a good loot item location Burn...

Santa
04-09-2012, 06:49 AM
Me too. See my sig for info.

Burn
04-09-2012, 06:59 AM
Done, done, and another 4 x PM also answered. I think I might have made a mistake in offering this PM service ;)

Swifty
04-09-2012, 07:03 AM
I recommend the octagon boss. $1 million payout and the cagefighter pads 15/27 are an upgrade for me.

enahs1
04-09-2012, 07:03 AM
Any suggestions for someone under level 70 :D

Burn
04-09-2012, 07:04 AM
Farm advice: Single click jobs that are anywhere between 10% and 24% drop rate. Vehicles are always a great option even at a lower rate but armor gains sure can happen quickly at a higher rate. I thought weeks ago the game was moving farther and farther away from single click jobs but that hasn't happened yet.

MY problem, and the reason for asking the question, is that with a CC HD account on iPad, and a CC account on iPhone, that I get confuzzled with all this talk of multi-click, single-click, drop rate, yadda yadda yadda. What works well on 1 doesn't always work well on another.

NATO Gas Mask at Control Tower a good example, drops plenty on iPad, not so much on iPhoine - but that could be coincidence, not done enough long-term farming to establish exactly. Only farmed it briefly because the buy-in was cheap/value. Plus the 4 Att on that item is a bit sh!te.

I don't mind throwing some Energy and Exp into farming on iPad vs iPhone, but wanted to start off with a viable location to make it worthwhile even doing the comparison.

And now you've all made me do what I wanted to avoid doing, talking about items and their locations in Funzios direct line of site. :/

QPR
04-09-2012, 07:07 AM
Can u also pm me a good location for farming pls burn !

enahs1
04-09-2012, 07:08 AM
Lol........

Santa
04-09-2012, 07:09 AM
Thanks for the PM Burn. Most, actually all, of the locations you suggested won't be available to me for quite a while. Thanks anyway though!

Rhino72
04-09-2012, 07:14 AM
I recommend the octagon boss. $1 million payout and the cagefighter pads 15/27 are an upgrade for me.

I am trying to decide if it is worth 1 of the 3 items guarateed every 2 1/2 - 3 days or does it make sense to keep farming other spots. The Octagon boss drops are all pretty much end game items so what do others think about this?

Giedrius
04-09-2012, 07:39 AM
Come on Spurs 1-1

slackerboy
04-09-2012, 07:50 AM
Farming is DEAD!

I think I know what items your are talking about.

You waste your energy on a/the hope of gaining "1" item every 2-3 days while just doing TL/HH can guarantee 2/3 weapons a day and just avoiding farming. Farming means you lvl up quickly without any real gain these days.

Unless the farmed item is a single click then you are playing very bad odds just to get a small boost

Swifty
04-09-2012, 07:57 AM
@slackerboy

You raise a valid point about leveling. If someone does not want to gain levels, maybe they should just skip farming.

I want to level, so farming makes sense for me.

Burn
04-09-2012, 08:01 AM
Farming is DEAD!

You waste your energy on a/the hope of gaining "1" item every 2-3 days while just doing TL/HH can guarantee 2/3 weapons a day and just avoiding farming. Farming means you lvl up quickly without any real gain these days.

Unless the farmed item is a single click then you are playing very bad odds just to get a small boost

I agree with this completely, I am only going back to farming because I want to level faster.

In the past I only ever farmed the M4A1 - every other point I have got (32k Att, 34k Def at Level 118) came from PvP drops and respect points. (and 50 x Gatlings adding to Def, oh and a few crates ;) ).

Rhino72
04-09-2012, 08:07 AM
Farming is DEAD!

I agree you will level quickly but I don't mind that. In this case with the Octagon boss you don't hope at all because the drop rate is 100% on completion. The three items would all last pretty far end game. One question, if you don't farm what do you do with your energy?

QPR
04-09-2012, 08:13 AM
Come on Spurs 1-1

Why so many totenham fans on this board !

Santa
04-09-2012, 08:14 AM
Go Barca. No, I'm not just on the bandwagon...

slackerboy
04-09-2012, 08:20 AM
@Rihno72, is the drop rate guaranteed for completion of the job?

From what I understood, it is still a guarantee.
From the loot drop, me personally I would only want the vehicle which has the lowest drop rate.

I was wanting to join in on the DD loot but the loot rate looks to have dropped recently to the point where is it worth it?.

@Burn/Swifty, not sure what your lvl/stats are but if your are not not spending RM(not sure so making an assumption) then I would assume you would want to balance your leveling out as making the assumption about your level, so you have the best gains for your level.

Rhino72
04-09-2012, 08:24 AM
Yes from my experience and the loot sheet each "boss" has a .72 item chance, .22 item chance and .06 item chance so if you sum that up it equals 100%. I think this equals a guarantee.

slackerboy
04-09-2012, 08:29 AM
Ah ok, I looked the the spreadsheet and thought if it was going to take me 2/3 days to get a loot item(with so so stats) with the option the lvl up quickly. Just could not see the sense in it. As I have said before, I must be missing something.

Swifty
04-09-2012, 08:33 AM
@slackerboy

I bought a modest amount of gold, got some Tapjoy, bought a few buildings but no gear.

For my style of play, higher level means more opportunity. Yes, I get attacked and robbed all the time. But there has never been a day in this game when I did not steal more than was stolen from me.

slackerboy
04-09-2012, 08:41 AM
@Swifty

Agreed

My own thoughts. I was thinking I was going to get my a$$ kicked at the higher levels but now not so sure. I now understand that many HL payer but also still many cannon fodder and should not be that that scared of hitting level 145!

I can only make sure I collect on time and make sure do not carry a lot of money at any one time :)

Burn
04-09-2012, 08:59 AM
Tottenham lose. Funzio nerfed them.

West Ham win later. But you may need Gold for the 10th goal.

slackerboy
04-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Sorry Burn Chelsea or Man City all the way :)