PDA

View Full Version : The real benefits of PvP attacks?

jubinell
04-09-2012, 02:24 AM
Hi,

As I peruse the forum I see the overwhelming agreement on the fact that attacking is better than robbing.

The argument is that attacking get you respect points, dropped items,and some times cash. I'm at level 7x and for me, it doesn't work out very well.

1. The respect-to-xp ratio are worse with attacks than with robs. When selectively targetting clothing store, lofts, collection agencies, etc. I can get anywhere between 0.8-to-1 to 2-to-1 RPs-to-XPs. When attacking, I never reach this level. The usual figures would be something like:
5XP 1RP
24XP 12RP
12XP 4RP
etc.

2. Dropped items
The rates are supposed to be 1-to-8? This is definitely not the rates I'm experiencing. Assuming I can attack one person and succeed 10 times at max, if I attack 8 guys I should get 10 dropped items right? For me it's usually 2-3 items. (butterfly knives??? who need them?)

3. Cash
Well, the argument that attacking sometimes give you cash is pointless IMO. If you see a guy carrying 100K with low defense, of course you will attack him. But this logic is the same with the case when you see a lvl 4 internet company sitting around.So it's not an argument for attacking per se.

By contrast, I usually rob if I can safely get above $2K per bullet. I try to avoid meat houses and warehouses unless they are super high level to avoid levelling up quickly. This strategy works well for me and keep me competitive with my peers.

Can anybody enlighten me more on this issue?

My stats: lvl 7x
10k attack, 13k defense, 35k income, 665 (nominal) mafia members

Thanks!

cookies
04-09-2012, 07:10 AM
How good robbing versus attacking is will most likely depend on which goals are doing.

I am currently on Thug Life 61 (26 wins against people with 500 mafia)

Doing 5 hits gave me 41XP and 23 Respect points.
Multiplying that by 5 rounds to about 200ish XP and 110ish respect.
The goal itself gives 100XP and 500 respect bonus.

That ends me up with 300xp and 600 respect or 2 respect per xp.
Every couple of goals ( i believe it is 5?), you also get an RPG, Excelero or another goodie.

Of course respect to xp ratio will get worse as the goals progress as more fights required to complete the goal.
If you are sticking to buildings with high respect payout and low xp, then robbing may be better than doing fight goals, altho it is easier to find someone with 500 mafia for an attack than finding uncollected Lofts :D

jaywalker
04-09-2012, 07:19 AM
I robbed collection agencies and laundromats (level 4-7) for about a month before I started with TL goals. That way you grow slow and get ~2rp/xp almost all the way (except if you farm).
When I started TL goals, I got 5-8k respect a day the first few days. I liked the boost it gave me. I still rob if I can get 2500+ per hit :)
The best way is up to you really, as people will have different opinions.

slackerboy
04-09-2012, 07:41 AM
The real benefits from PVP are TL and HH which provide RP and additional weapons.

If you just rob and carefully select your targets you can gain good RP v XP but do lose out on the additional perks.
If this is your strategy and do not do map quests you can lvl up very slowly.
The problem here is most people collect there Lofts on time. Not many people have collection agencies.
For me, this strategy worked for a few week weeks before it bored me and other users started messaging me to stop robbing there LM. The rivals lists you will also notice is also quite small.
People are more generally open to attacks but defensive about robs.

When you target certain buildings: Clothing Stores, etc the RP are good but the XP are also high, not good value.
Lofts, Collection Agencies, Empire Theaters, LM provide the best value XP/RP targets while PVP provides the additional gain of extra RP awarded.
Depending on your strategy, only robbing the buildings mentioned above will suffice for a period of time for slow leveling while PVP brings slow leveling(as long as you do not do map quests) with the benefit of the the extra RP awarded.

At present for me, just PVP only takes me around a week to level up and can gain enough RP to buy around 2 exeleros a days. This is way more fun than searching for LM, CA and Lofts

Boom
04-09-2012, 08:19 AM
It's just the TL goals they give u lots of RP

jaywalker
04-09-2012, 09:15 AM
At present for me, just PVP only takes me around a week to level up and can gain enough RP to buy around 2 exeleros a days. This is way more fun than searching for LM, CA and Lofts

What level are you? I'm doing atleast one level a day, did 97-106 in one week. That was including the first TL goal where you have to win against a 500 mobber. Only reason I didn't start earlier is because I though you had to be level 100 to actually do those goals :/

slackerboy
04-09-2012, 09:27 AM
I am lvl 123 but only recently decided to do PVP and have stopped map goals and farming. Farming and map goals make you lvl daily

Still deciding about the farming mentioned in other posts. The removal of the M4A1 is still an issue for me as still coming up against opponents with 400+ and it does make a diff to there stats.

I was looking at this plan until I reached lvl 145, but going to camp for a bit at lvl 125(GC open up and build my economy which is crap)

i need muney
04-09-2012, 09:50 AM
Op is in the 70s and get 12RP? How come? I'm level 130 and 9RP is best I've seen with the sig :(

jaywalker
04-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Even if you get one or two DD's a week, it is worth farming. Buying something similar would cost you $20-$25 million cash. There are still items to farm, you just have to use the excel sheet and sort it by "att or def gained by 1000 energy".

Swifty
04-09-2012, 02:31 PM
An under-discussed issue is a player's tolerance for getting attacked and robbed.

If you are like me, and like some of those old-time boxers that would willingly take a punch so that they could deliver an even bigger one, then there is no reason not to level.

The only players in this game who spend a higher % of their energy and stamina bars than I do are those players who do not sleep.

I farm as much as I can and I pvp as much as I can, and if I level, that is great, because it fills my bars and gives me access to more and better buildings to rob.