PDA

View Full Version : What´s an old Mafia Wars addict to do?

Coog
04-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Yes, I played Mafia Wars for several years before I got fed up and left. Now I'm starting to get seriously hooked on Crime City but there is some things I need help figuring out before I invest some serious time in this game.

I´m guessing I'm far from the only one who abandoned MW for Crime City so I think a lot of you will understand my questions.

In MW the hard currency was called Reward Points, in CC it's gold. In MW you would get a RP every second level but I have yet to see any possibility to earn gold in CC? The only way to get it is to buy it then?

In MW the path to domination was kind of straightforward; put the majority of your skill points in to attack an defence. If using the credit card, you were a fool to buy anything that couldn't effectivly be converted to skill points. Buying gear with RP:S was considered the most stupid thing of all, because no mather how shiny that new gun was, no mather how good it stats was, eventually, it would go obsolete.

In MW building your personal stats was king while gear was, well not unimportant, but at least of secondary importance. I've searched but hasn't really found any black and white answer to the importance of personal stats in CC, but from what I've understood it is of lesser importance here while gear is in the front seat? It's about the economy, stupid, about getting it going and buy the stuff you want, right?

But regarding skill points, where is the best place to put them if you want to be strong in long run? Energy to do more jobs and help the economy, or attack or defence? I'm not asking about stamina because that one is clear cut but I can't use it while I'm weak so I won't bother with it to much right now.

If this was MW I would go the "glass cannon route" build energy and attack, only, until a given level and then start to bulk up on defense, but that would put me in a world of **** in this game, eyh?

So,what are the elite players in CC spending their gold on? I couldn't be gear can it? I would be reluctant to use real cash for anything that wouldn´t benefit me for the rest of the game. But better moneybuildings maybe?

Ram
04-08-2012, 11:16 PM
boom the hammer ban will go down on you!

Coog
04-08-2012, 11:19 PM
Why? Can't see that I wrote anything that would be out of the line here. :confused:

duelblade
04-08-2012, 11:28 PM
Im not positive ether but I think its for mentioning a competitors name I also game from that game and this one is way more fun but very different and their is a lot of things you should and shouldn't do in this game for example don't put any skill points into energy at lower levels put it all into attack and stamina.
I also made the mistake of doing mission goals but if you follow them you will end up on the bottom of the food chain being robbed and attacked every hour.

Coog
04-08-2012, 11:44 PM
Im not positive ether but I think its for mentioning a competitors name I also game from that game and this one is way more fun but very different and their is a lot of things you should and shouldn't do in this game for example don't put any skill points into energy at lower levels put it all into attack and stamina.
I also made the mistake of doing mission goals but if you follow them you will end up on the bottom of the food chain being robbed and attacked every hour.

Oh, I see. Well I don't think Funzio need to worry about MW though it's a dying game that's dwarfed by Crime City so I hope they don't ban for mentioning it, he he. Ok, so no more mission goals, then. Thanks. But what about the relevance of attack skill points, do they bring a punch or what? Or are they more of an edge in the competition while gear is the base?

jlhy
04-08-2012, 11:52 PM
In CC its the opposite. Gear is king. Weapons/armor/vehicles you buy with gold will be your best stat boosters all the way till level 200. There is no gear you can buy with in game currency (cash/respect) that will have better stats than gold gear.

Attack and Defense from skill points play a smaller role in successful attack and robs against other players compared to equipment. They add a random factor supposedly and the devs have not and will not tell the players what they actually do/provide.

In my opinion I would prioritize skill points: stamina>attack>energy>defense

The more you can attack and rob the more respect points you can earn and you can use that to buy better gear. The respect gear you'll be able to purchase as you level will be better than what you can farm using energy or doing the story goals of the game, especially since Funzio recently nerfed pretty much all the items worth farming on the map.

As for gold. If you don't want to spend money you can use tapjoy.com. It gives you free gold, usually 1-3 gold when you install and run one of the apps on their list. After you install and run it you can delete the app and keep the gold. Be careful not to click on any of the apps that cost money.