PDA

View Full Version : Any use replacing lesser units?

overkill 280
04-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Got a question for all you more experienced players out there. Obviously you want to buy the best unit you can, but should I just let all my lesser units die off? like my fighter jets, jeeps, humvees, snipers etc. and just always keep buying the better stat ones?

Thunder Child
04-07-2012, 08:13 PM
I have certainly stopped buying any of those, but they simply refuse to die! I guess they will remain part of my inventory and are simply ignored by the games calculations.

overkill 280
04-07-2012, 08:17 PM
So I should always just buy the best stat ones I can right? And not worry about replacing my lesser ones I lose in missions, raids, attacks etc.?

Hello Kitty
04-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Read this from the Casualty Rate thread to L Fizzle:

You guys saving space for your bottom end units? My previous experience in cutting allies taught me that units WILL die, having only top end units in army is asking for dead top end units. Take a break from the advanced destroyer and get a bunch of mini-subs, these will drop like flies. Much better than Hornets and other top dollar/valor units. Lost a ton of Strike Eagles till I learned. I think variety also stanches the blood flow. Right now my casualty rate remains the same, very few losses-mini subs and the odd spectre gunship, strike eagle or super hornet...very rare. I only attack guys with a quarter to half my ally number (running 1/3 allies at present moment) and 1/4 defense or less to my attack. Started noticing an uptick in lost high value units and added allies till I could fit some more mini-subs in my attack group. By the way, I don't attack much anymore except to throw my hook in to see if the rival has unvaulted cash, 90% of the time my stamina is drained by raiding. Perhaps attacks and raids have differing loss rates...

overkill 280
04-07-2012, 08:27 PM
Thanks Kitty :) JohnnyR says he has very few losses, But I seem to lose lot's of units when ever I attack/raid. Is this because I just have worse units?

JohnnyR
04-08-2012, 02:28 AM
Losing units is part of the game it seems. The goal now is to mitigate losses, which I do with minisubs. Going to high brings painful loss. :-(

How are the a/d stats of those you are raiding or attacking in comparison to yours overkill?

digitalwalker
04-08-2012, 03:51 AM
The mechanisms for Raiding and attacking r completely different.

Raiding is easier than attacking.
Raiding generally loose more units than attacking.

JohnnyR
04-08-2012, 04:10 AM
The mechanisms for Raiding and attacking r completely different.

Raiding is easier than attacking.
Raiding generally loose more units than attacking.

I know this is not a big sample, but this is a recurring pattern for me- I just went through 12 stamina points on a guy, 6 attack and six raid. Lost a spectre gunship, cruiser, and mini-sub in the six attacks. The raids on lvl 6 military market and lvl 1 chem plant gave zero losses. MM had a minefield next to it.

Wondering if my attack skill points are affecting loss rates, I have 103 attack and 22 defense. I raided a guy for six hits with three fortified bunkers and five SAMs, almost all lvl 2 and didn't lose a thing on his two money buildings, guy before him I lost 2 superhornets in 6 raids. No big amount of change between stats or units either, both a quarter defense to my attack.

digitalwalker
04-08-2012, 05:09 AM
I know this is not a big sample, but this is a recurring pattern for me- I just went through 12 stamina points on a guy, 6 attack and six raid. Lost a spectre gunship, cruiser, and mini-sub in the six attacks. The raids on lvl 6 military market and lvl 1 chem plant gave zero losses. MM had a minefield next to it.

Wondering if my attack skill points are affecting loss rates, I have 103 attack and 22 defense. I raided a guy for six hits with three fortified bunkers and five SAMs, almost all lvl 2 and didn't lose a thing on his two money buildings, guy before him I lost 2 superhornets in 6 raids. No big amount of change between stats or units either, both a quarter defense to my attack.

I think the same that skill points affects loss.
Buildings have theirs own defense, like dimond mine has 80. If in the case that one has less attack skill points, one probably will suffer heavier loss when raiding a dimond mine.

overkill 280
04-08-2012, 08:15 AM
I always make sure they are lower JohnnyR. But doesn't matter :(

JohnnyR
04-08-2012, 08:18 AM
Hoooow much lower? They need to be a fraction of your force. Even still people lose unts, but I myself haven't lost four superhornets in an attack like others.

el_gringo
04-08-2012, 08:33 AM
Buildings have theirs own defense, like dimond mine has 80.

woooah hold on there. How do we find this info out? I had just assumed only the defense buildings had defence.

JohnnyR
04-08-2012, 08:37 AM
woooah hold on there. How do we find this info out? I had just assumed only the defense buildings had defence.

Agree with this guy. Spil it DW! ;-)