PDA

View Full Version : Where You Get Your Bank Boxes From And Does It Affect The Outcome?

Ghost818
04-07-2012, 06:45 PM
It has been stated before by xclusiv, that he believed the outcome of opening and what was inside was increased if you got the box from a higher energy consumption job. My first 7 pendants were as follows:

Fail -Redlight District, Red Cascade
Fail - Redlight District, Red Cascade
Pendant - Black Market, Ma Sheng
Fail - PVP
25K - Black Market, Ma Sheng
Fail - PVP
Marshal's Body Armor - Black Market, Ma Sheng
Fail - Black Market, Ma Sheng
500RP - Black Market, Ma Sheng
Fail - Black Market, Ma Sheng

Here is where I Ran out of energy so I couldn't try Ma Sheng, so I got 6 from PVP right after I got my pendant so the timer keeps going. Then I got busy playing cards and missed my opening time once, got the next, missed the next, and slept for 6 hours. From then on it has been fails and chef cleavers

Fail - PVP
Fail - PVP
Fail - PVP
Fail - PVP
Chef Cleaver - PVP
Chef Cleaver - PVP
Armored Police Truck - PVP

And more fails that I stopped keeping track of both from PVP and Ma Sheng

I am one of those people who 50% believe in superstitions. So could it be that Ma Sheng Bank Boxes held greater outcomes than PVP?

OR

Was my opening time for the Bank Boxes the right time every hour to hit the Pendants?

I cant figure it out but I've been stuck at 7 boxes since.

Just wondering if anyone else thinks like I do.

Santa
04-07-2012, 07:06 PM
As CCM says, "anything is possible"...

Jill
04-09-2012, 01:21 AM
Honestly think you may have something here Ghost, I haven't kept a full record but this much Im sure on.
The first day I struggled to get find boxes and only got them through Red Casade and my results were as follows;
1 opened Pendant 1
2 opened Pendant 2
3 Failed
4 opened Pendant 3
5 opened Pendant 4
6 Failed
7 Failed
8 opened Pendant 5
9 opened Pendant 6

After this I started getting boxes from PvP and robberies as well, so things began to go a bit haywire. The remaining 1st day went
10 Failed
11 Failed
12 opened Marshal's Body Armour
13 Failed

On day 2 the first half went
14 Failed
15 opened Pendant 7
16 Failed
17 opened Pendant 8
18 opened $25,000
19 opened $125,000
20 Failed
21 Failed
22 Failed
Because of various things wasnt able to keep a record thereafter. Been on 8 ever since, now 22.44hrs to go still on 8. I think the next event I will try out your theory and only collect from red casade or somewhere like that and stop all other activity so I only get boxes from one place.

emcee
04-09-2012, 02:52 AM
I don't think there is a correlation up to the 9th box. Been able to get to 9 from last 3 events just initially hitting the blue box a junkyard and then the remainder from robberies.
I had a terrible start though with about 6 or so failures.

There may be something with getting the 10th but I think its just luck and whatever probabilities that Funzio has predetermined. It would be more work to add code to give box contents/opening chance based on where it was found.

Burn
04-09-2012, 03:07 AM
Cannot believe Funzio would go to the effort of coding this.

The developers/coders have far better things to do than find ever more complicated and time-consuming methods of stiffing their customers.

It's random. Completely random. Only obvious (and completely logical) variance is a diminishing drop rate for contraband - the more you have, the lower the drop rate, and even that is probably nothing more complex than a fixed % for each contraband number.

To be convinced otherwise I'd have to be presented with a sufficient volume of very compelling data, that stands up to scrutiny, and isn't just a 'random' variance, pure coincidence, or player paranoia.

i need muney
04-09-2012, 04:08 AM
I heard chicken blood helps too.

Max Power
04-09-2012, 05:17 AM
Cannot believe Funzio would go to the effort of coding this.

The developers/coders have far better things to do than find ever more complicated and time-consuming methods of stiffing their customers.

It's random. Completely random. Only obvious (and completely logical) variance is a diminishing drop rate for contraband - the more you have the lower the drop rate, and even that is probably nothing more complex than a fixed % for each contraband number.

To be convinced otherwise I'd have to be presented with a sufficient volume of very compelling data, that stands up to scrutiny, and isn't just a 'random' variance, pure coincidence, or player paranoia.

This.

The voodoo on this boar is freakin hilarious.

i need muney
04-09-2012, 05:58 AM
This.

Voodoo Boar lol

Ghost818
04-09-2012, 07:09 AM
This.

:D As I was drunk last night I was laughing non stop and thanking the people in the room with me when i got the 10th pendant. I ONLY got it because they were in the room with me.

Nah im just kidding, I know its too much of a problem to code things that way, like I said, I only believe in it half way, only because I really wanted that explosive. Jeez this hangover is killing me.

Santa
04-09-2012, 07:10 AM
I want it so badly.