PDA

View Full Version : Casualty rates - super hornet vs. stealth frigate?

Hassleham
04-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Does anyone know how the casualty rates compare for these 2 units? I'm looking for either the actual number in the game code or someone who uses both and can give me an idea of which one has the smaller rate.
I need to decide which to buy when I hit 30k valor.

Poopenshire
04-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Get both, I have 80 super hornets and 90 stealth frigates

Bronson
04-07-2012, 01:52 PM
Super Hornet 0.30%
Stealth Frigate 0.25%

JMC
04-07-2012, 02:01 PM
For me they tend to die at about the same rate.

possum
04-07-2012, 02:18 PM
I haven't lost a stealth frigate yet, but a moderate amount of hornets, although I have twice as many hornets than frigates and my infirmary or hospital is at 8% I think. I tend to lose hornets when I'm fighting opponents closer to my score, which makes sense, rarely do I lose these nicer units when I can completely overwhelm someone.

I was talking to an alley of mine who is UK and has nothing but a boatload of those frigates, cruisers and a ton of the 5 million carriers (and i think thats all he brings to battle based on his alley count) and he says he rarely loses units ever, even when he loses and his hospital is stock. Maybe it's just dumb luck or maybe high-end navel units have really low causality rates?

Freekizh
04-07-2012, 02:21 PM
This is of interest to me too - my preference is definitely the stealth frigate over the Hornet in the long run for attacking. The hornet has better defense stats, but I think thats a minus as they're likely to come out to battle when you're attacked, which puts them at risk more often.

BTW - does anyone know what the ambulance casualty rate is?

Gixxxah_Ridah
04-07-2012, 02:32 PM
The country bonus should be taken into account when deciding between these two units. Or at least how many of each to buy. The hornet is a better statistical unit overall, but I didn't take into account that the higher defensive stat would bring to battle when you are attacked. If you are UK and have the naval bonus the stealth frigate would make more sense because you'd make up on the attack difference and it has a lower casualty rating.

Acheron
04-07-2012, 05:22 PM
stealth frigate efficiency rating = 31 attack / 0.0025 casualty rate / 325 valor = 38.15
super hornet efficiency rating = 36 attack / 0.0030 casualty rate / 350 valor = 34.28

Which is why I think UK is still the best for attacking with.

But those casualty rates were taken from client side code, but really I expect casualties to be calculated server side for security reasons. So I don't know if they can be trusted at all.

Hassleham
04-08-2012, 04:07 AM
@Acheron -
Stealth Frigates cost 275 valor so that makes them even better :D And im UK with level 5 naval research at the moment so i'm definitely going for the stealth frigates.

Mastermind
04-08-2012, 07:47 AM
I have a little over 500 Stealths and no Super Hornets. I do lose the odd stealth, but since they make up a large chunk of my force this is to be expected. I was playing with the idea of buying a few hornets, but since I'm flying the UK flag and I've been sinking time into Naval Research I think I'll stick with my stealths.