PDA

View Full Version : Final word on defense buildings?

mac daddy
04-07-2012, 09:01 AM
I'm confused and would love to hear the final word on the role of defense buildings in CC.

I've read many forum posts that argue these buildings are worthless and contribute nothing.

Elsewhere, there are extensive posts arguing the case for 50 gattling guns.

I've also read that the defense score is cut in half, except for buildings.

Finally, Crime City Mark has posted the following:

"If you're worried about getting robbed your priority should be:
Defense buildings > Mafia size (up to cap) > Defense items / defense skill"

So what's the story? What is the true role of defense buildings?

Burn
04-07-2012, 09:13 AM
This is probably the definitive Defense Building thread...

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?15058-Effect-of-Def-buildings-and-skill-points-against-rob-atk-by-Guru-Peacock-again..lol

...also linked from the 'Best of the Best Guides' stickied thread.

G Wiz
04-07-2012, 09:13 AM
They make you feel better when you log off...

No really thats about it, because honestly you need to have several thousand defense points above your rivals attacks just to prevent a robbery and even that might not be enough.

Defense skill points are also not the best investments because at some point you will encounter stronger opponents who will sodomize your hood and character.

As far as Mark's comments go...well...we here on the forum have learned that the way the game was intended to be played, isn't the smartest way to play if you want to remain competitive, so take that one as a heads up ;)

Caleb
04-07-2012, 09:32 AM
...I have faith in the effectiveness of defensive buildings/Gattlings/turrets in making robbing harder. Higher the level of money building, the harder it is to rob, note that!

Interesting, Plux - So do you believe upgrades to defense buildings are worthwhile or do you keep them at low levels?

i need muney
04-07-2012, 09:37 AM
My POV is: collect on time, build your economy, build def.buildings when finished with everything else or bored :))

Is there any proof that money buildings have their own defence? It's in the pists or something?

What Plux says is only partly truth: sure, d.buildings help, but comparing to cost in time and money - not worth it. Like Wiz said, walls of level 10 BGAs or Gats might make you feel better, but ignoring the fact that they contribute little is reckless. Plux can afford it cause his economy is busting loose and that shouldnt slip out of your view, mister 30k income man ;))

Just today I hit a guy with lots of level 10 BGAs. His profile showed 35k, but on robbery he had 23k. Every unit cost him 1.5mil and and about 4days.

No thank you! :D

Santa
04-07-2012, 09:47 AM
As discussed with Tramp Stamp a few months ago, I am putting certain plans and strategies into action now. Upgrading is key, I am now Building Fortress Plux all nice looking defensive buildings will be 10's. 50 x Gattling Guns will all be 10's. Police stations will be 10's. Muay Thai's will be last but will be 10's. 6 x Body Guard centres will be 10's. 50 x Missile Turrets will be 10's. While doing that, My hood income will be building my Nightclub upgrade strategy so I become the only player with 2 x Level 7 Nightclubs. Income should rise to $2.46m per hour with Defensive investment at 30% HDDP (Hood Daily Domestic Product) or $59million per day/$17m Def spending.

Sounds fancy...must be good. :)

iteachem
04-07-2012, 10:44 AM
They make you feel better when you log off...

No really thats about it, because honestly you need to have several thousand defense points above your rivals attacks just to prevent a robbery and even that might not be enough.

)

Agree with this... I hit a guy who had 13000 defense when I was at 8.5 and smoked him for a ton of money. I lost a few times but was getting 30 K each hit so I kept plugging away. He was loaded with defense buildings compared to defensive loot items..

On the other hand my defense is now close to 12K and I have spent little on defensive buildings so I don't often loose a robbery...

Babytway
04-07-2012, 12:38 PM
a few weeks ago i robbed a lvl 200 with lvl 7 NCs and lvl 10 Hotels, so you are not the only one.

iteachem
04-07-2012, 12:40 PM
what was your attack versus the defense anyway... kinda curious as to what it takes to play at that level and be a successful robber...

Babytway
04-07-2012, 12:43 PM
my attack is not good and i have no strategies and my gameplay is horrible i will spend all my stamina on a high def player just to get one robbery win in on him, just to say yah i robbed you. atk currently 38k something thats with some explosive though

Babytway
04-07-2012, 12:46 PM
there are lots of lvl 200 players with high incomes with crappy atk and def stats next time i find that person i will make note of his name

G Wiz
04-07-2012, 01:18 PM
my attack is not good and i have no strategies and my gameplay is horrible i will spend all my stamina on a high def player just to get one robbery win in on him, just to say yah i robbed you. atk currently 38k something thats with some explosive though See also her signature...

Fig Oni
04-07-2012, 02:14 PM
I'm with Plux on this the higher you upgrade a defence building the more effective it becomes even though you lose some of the defence point while defending against your rival.

Also when my hood got robbed I use to get a notification saying ' you was robbed by xxx buy more defence building so I brought only another 2 and upgraded the rest and now that notification don't come up even when i get successfully robbed.

Also Ive attacked rivals who had defence building in their hood but when I attacked them, their defence had no dropped points so they had 100% defence.

Last fact when my friend brought 5 erin go boom, his defence should have increased by 100 as he owned no explosives but the defence went up by 105 therefore the defence building gave him a extra point per weapon.

Lager
04-07-2012, 04:15 PM
I've read posts that are pro and con about the defense buildings and all I can say is that I believe they help me out a lot.

i need muney
04-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Help out? Yes.
A lot? Nonononono! :D

G Wiz
04-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Help out? Yes.
A lot? Nonononono! :DWhen you strip it down to the basics, this is the only truth your left with.

i need muney
04-07-2012, 09:03 PM
When you strip it down to the basics, this is the only truth your left with.
You just took it out of my head :D

G Wiz
04-07-2012, 09:06 PM
You just took it out of my head :Dhmm...that would explain all of this plasma...

Lager
04-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Help out? Yes.
A lot? Nonononono! :D
Sorry but yes I do mean a lot in regards to getting robbed.
I see players with stats who i think should be able to rob me but they fail. The only thing I can think of as to why they fail is because of my def buildings.

Maybe the way def buildings help has changed?

From my pov.....I'll keep mine and continue to upgrade.

Just my 2 cents.

i need muney
04-07-2012, 09:20 PM
hmm...that would explain all of this plasma...
Ewwwwwww xP

Just my 2 cents.
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb297/CutControl/0e77b85c.jpg

Dravak
04-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Just hope you have the defense skill to match those defense buildings , or else they are just phoney buildings at 10

i need muney
04-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Just hope you have the defense skill to match those defense buildings , or else they are just phoney buildings at 10
Def.Skill to Def.buildings correlation is another theory with no proof. Or did I miss it?

Dravak
04-07-2012, 09:36 PM
I don't deal with people who are too afraid to experiment , and then whine to developers long whining post cause there characters are gimped cause they play fotm .

So don't worry in the end all skill set are usefull since there won't be a ending to this game .
More energy translate to faster PVE loot ítems
More stamina translate to faster RP gathering
More attack translate to more multiplier
More defense translate too ? ;)

Lager
04-07-2012, 09:42 PM
I don't deal with people who are too afraid to experiment , and then whine to developers long whining post cause there characters are gimped cause they play fotm .

So don't worry in the end all skill set are usefull since there won't be a ending to this game .
More energy translate to faster PVE loot ítems
More stamina translate to faster RP gathering
More attack translate to more multiplier
More defense translate too ? ;)

What??

I'm just saying that I think def buildings are not worthless. I have 42 gattlings at level 3 and 8 at lvl 4 plus other random def buildings. All i can tell you from what i see is that it's better to have them then not.

G Wiz
04-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Sorry but yes I do mean a lot in regards to getting robbed.
I see players with stats who i think should be able to rob me but they fail. The only thing I can think of as to why they fail is because of my def buildings.

Maybe the way def buildings help has changed?

From my pov.....I'll keep mine and continue to upgrade.

Just my 2 cents.While you might have a point here, we still don't know how effective skill points are in this whole thing.

Maybe if you had everything placed into defense, which I doubt, then we would have a good test going. But it just sucks that while defense buildings arent completely honest, we're also stuck with a whole lot of chance.

Funzio=1

Community=0

SevenO9
04-08-2012, 12:52 AM
Def against robbery = def contribution from def buildings + increase in def from mafia + total equip def/2

Def against atk = total equip def + increase in def from mafia + def contrib from def buildings/2

E.g. For 50 Lv 3 Gatling turrets total def against robbery would be (25+12.5+12.5)*50 = 2500
def against atk would be 1250

P.s waste defense from def building lv ups (and from tycoon 10% increases) must be subtracted from your profile mafia def to get to total def against atk.

Your formulas and example make little sense to me. Could you elaborate please?

Burn
04-08-2012, 01:09 AM
50 x Level 1 Gatlings, or Level 1 of any defense buidling, have been proven to work, and make a tangible contribution to your total defense.

Once you start leveling them up, it's all guesswork and wishful thinking.

To level or not to level... flip a coin.

Hank
04-08-2012, 01:16 AM
Read what ccm said.

Try calculating your total equip defence and divide it by 2. Then add it to the total mafia increase amount from 1-500 members. Then add all def contribution from def buildings. An example is the lv 3 Gatling turrets at 50 def each (base + half + half). Then add the skill points which is 10*skill number

where are you getting this from: (base + half + half) ??

i need muney
04-08-2012, 02:07 AM
From those def goals in the past at it showed in the screen. Lv 1 always added the base amount and halved after lv ups. And also similar findings from the def building spreadsheet.
That and some one did tests back, waaay baaaackkk intoooo tiiiiiiimmmmeeeeeee

FatDaz
04-08-2012, 03:51 AM
Whilst saving money for upgrades to buidings, all my decent ones need several million now, I'll happily upgrade def, for very little you're getting a soild 12.5 per upgrade ona gatling and for a bit more 20/21 per survelliance/ missile.
You get tidy hikes in profile def which agreed aren't really used, but my profile shows 20k more than actual which can give you a pyschological edge on peeps checking stats before trying. Not everyone is aware so use it to your advantage.

pastthetaste
04-08-2012, 04:46 AM
does no one look at rivals profiles? i cant count how many times i've seen hoods with lots of lvl 10 def building. check the persons profile says like 25k def and like 12k attack. since items give about the same to each i know theres like 13k of def buildings there. i attack and the number after the fight i see for the rivals def is now about the same as his attack score now. so just from the number of times i've seen this i wouldn't trust anyone telling you to build def buildings. i have however encountered a few hoods where this is not the case and the building score seems to follow them to battle. the only thing that makes sense to me is that the defense skill you can spend your lvl points in is probably what effects how much of the defense you build follows you to battle. but really when you look at how much upgrading a ton of def building costs it not much cheaper than buying items, and imo the ones you buy with money are crap too, except for the explosives those are worth buying. pvping and getting respect to buy the better items is the way to a strong defense, not buildings. you also get some decent random drops off attacking rivals. use your money to build and upgrade money buildings, and only buy items you need to do jobs, if you even do jobs. since they took away the m4a1, jobs are all but worthless now too.

Santa
04-08-2012, 05:06 AM
I plan on building 50 Gatlings and MAYBE build 50 Muay Thai's also. I'm sure they'll help somehow. :]

i need muney
04-08-2012, 05:25 AM
Plux and FatDaz basically contribute to my point - build them, upgrade them, but dontchu ever step on my blue suede shoe! Erm...compromise your economy, that is :P I've built my 50GG one by one while saving.

Nudie
04-08-2012, 05:28 AM
My priorities:
1. Collect major money buildings on time
2. Build/upgrade money buildings
3. Build/upgrade defense buildings
I don't mind getting robbed/attacked as I get more than I lose from robbing/attacking others
I agee that defense buildings help but not that much

NotsoFunzio
04-08-2012, 05:33 AM
I have 50 gg, 50 Thais, working on missile turrets, then sniperdens next. Seems to be working well.

My plan is camp build massive defense/ economy. Hopfully become unrobbable at my level. Then start plowing my incone into expensive defence items. Katanas, FBI shields, and explosives.

I want to be able to not have to collect on time. Just check in when I feel like and slowly build my stats.

SevenO9
04-08-2012, 08:16 AM
I want to be able to not have to collect on time. Just check in when I feel like and slowly build my stats.

Your def needs to be twice the attack of the biggest fish in your bracket. Not impossible but very unlikely imho.

theONE
07-23-2012, 01:33 PM
face facts people we can debate all we want its just proof that the game is broken

I'll give you an example, i camped enough to to the point where it was getting close to a month later I could keep EVERYTHING unbanked and calmly skipped to my money buildings without collecting on time it was refreshing without checking on my alarms app to see if it went off to collect. Anyways some b*tch took a chuck of my money wasted my expensive explosives which is VERY STUPID PROGRAMMING since its robbing not attacking why do i STILL lose explosives??

anyhoo i've been in a robbing war with the loser because i'm just one of those idiots who can't let it go, it makes it harder because

a) they are not that strong which really rubs me up the wrong way b) the b*tch doesn't upgrade their money building and thus I barely get any return back

now tell me this? why increase my defence at all when some loser noob can attack...FAIL? oh thats ok I'll just KEEP attacking and eventually I'll break through and YOU'LL be left with a building robbed and lost expensive explosives

and to think I was proud of myself to invest on my stats by using ingame cash to buy more def bulding items...it meant SH*t all as its unrealistic to build stats to stop robberies unless the other is an idiot and/or i'm using GOLD bought items. had 36,000 went to 40,000 using rep point items and explosives

i'm over 40,000 in deft and they are 26,000 .........yes its hardly DOUBLE....because it would take alot of in-game cash JUST to reach double of 26000

and all I need to do is slip up once and not collect and boom lost revenue and i lose explosives and some cheap sl*thead can run off with my money using weaker stats AND refuses to upgrade their buildings.....cheap unfair tactics

iteachem
07-23-2012, 01:42 PM
face facts people we can debate all we want its just proof that the game is broken

I believe its set up this way to improve game play. I think it would stagnate if lower stat players couldn't rob. It keeps the big fish on their toes.

Oh, and to quote many.. collecting on time is the best if not only rob defense. I rarely get robbed bacause the bulk of my buildings are 12/24/48 hours collections

iteachem
07-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Also at 28 K when I take on someone close to 40 I am losing a fair number. I have to balance the losses with the win. My stats take a hit, but if its a level 3 nightclub totally worth it. I will usually try up to 10 times before walking away.

Babytway
07-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Necro much??????

iteachem
07-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Necro much??????

LOL didn't notice the date of the post prior to theONE.. good catch ... I would have avoided it if so...

Lloyd~
07-24-2012, 09:29 AM
Sounds fancy...must be good. :)

sounds fancifully silly :) haha