PDA

View Full Version : Serious Suggestions for the next "Event"

Mcdoc
04-06-2012, 06:41 PM
I had posted this in the "Friday Input" thread - but the thread got closed already and I really wanted to get feedback from you Elite players about these suggestions.

Dear Funzio Developers:
Please consider that people who spend gold to open boxes/briefcases/whatever could have spent that gold on other things. A lot of people take pride in being a "free player" but have broken ranks to buy gold for events only to get burned and left bitter.

Here is what burns so bad:
Don't waste my gold on useless loot I wouldn't have paid cash for like:
1) An extra Ally? ReAlly? How many grunts do you sell for gold other than by accident?
2) $500k? If you're going to award money, please make it vary $1.2 mil, $2.5 mil, $3.5 mil
3) Valor? If you're going to award valor, please make it vary between 1500, 2500, or 3500
4) You guys put out some neat units during the events - but they seem to die quickly. I realize you already give some great gold units along the progress of the events and don't want to "flood the market" with too many gold units - BUT - how about creating a "special" casualty rate for event loot called "Super Low Casualty Rate" that will only be applied to event loot. At least this way our gold winnings will last longer and have more value. You could even name them "Uber Units".
5) Some Ideas for new Uber units:I'll start a new thread for that :)

These few tweaks would cut out about 75% of the anger from these events because now even if we don't get the TOP prize, we didn't get double burned with what we place no value in - certainly not anything we wouldn't have voluntarily paid cash for.

Also, once the event timer is done, why not just let the opportunity to get NEW boxes expire but let us continue to OPEN our existing boxes for another 4 or 5 days - a way to extend the event, rake in more gold - and let those of us who went wild with attacks and raids to get more boxes actually benefit from the boxes we found. Maybe in the "after event" - a failed attempt results in the box getting consumed so you don't end up with the after event going more than 5 more days. I had about 168 cases left after the last event. Even though I accomplished the 10 Document, I would still have loved the opportunity to try for some of the other prizes (especially the ones listed above).

Lastly, why do the odds have to be so outrageous? If MORE people get the prize - then MORE money people will be willing to try and / or spend on future events. Then 30 days after the end of the event, please release the top prize for a Gold Purchase (600 to 900) for those who joined the game late or didn't make it for far less in the event.

Thanks for listening. McDoc

bigflan
04-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Hey mcdoc already told lfizzle to get rid of the allies and instead they should put 1gold instead yeah just to make your idea better

War Priest
04-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Then 30 days after the end of the event, please release the top prize for a Gold Purchase (600 to 900) for those who joined the game late or didn't make it for far less in the event.

This is sort of what I was talking about in the Friday Feedback Thread. Like "perks" in the special section of the store. Such as "buildings pay 5% more money" or "buildings upgrade 5%-10% faster" (for those who couldn't get it in the event) for a few hundred gold (yes gold, if it was cash it wouldn't be a perk because everyone would have them.)

War Priest
04-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Hey mcdoc already told lfizzle to get rid of the allies and instead they should put 1gold instead yeah just to make your idea better

Just to help you out, you don't have to quote somebody as you did there. Especially when it comes to huge posts.

Colonelbob
04-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Hear, Hear! I agree with everything in McDoc's post. Please listen Dev's!!!

Big John
04-07-2012, 09:31 AM
They could use levels for loot and valor, higher levels get better loot,cash and valor.

Sugarymama
04-07-2012, 09:33 AM
Great ideas McDoc, but you really should post them again in the Friday input threat. I'm concerned that the developers won't see it in this thread..

Procyon
04-07-2012, 10:52 AM
Love it, McDoc! Great ideas. But as for your points on money and valor, at my lvl 32, 500k and 200 or so valor isn't bad at all. I suppose it's all relative to your lvl and economy/valor count. In the last event I was getting some briefcases with 60k in them (yippee), so yeh, beef 'em up a bit congruent to your level.

And as EVERYONE has said, please, no allies!!!! Between the low money prizes, the allies, etc. it wasn't worth taking the Level autobahn. I cut off my briefcase hunt on day 3.

Mcdoc
04-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Great ideas McDoc, but you really should post them again in the Friday input threat. I'm concerned that the developers won't see it in this thread..Hey Sugarmama - if you read the 1st sentence of this post - already dId that :)

possum
04-07-2012, 02:37 PM
While "events" are nice and they give free players a chance at something they might never be able to obtain, I think the entire premis of how they want to work in gold into these events is seriously flawed. There are much better ways to get us to spend money and still have regretless events.

Gold spenders, for the most part, have minimum level of expectations; they expect something concrete in return, which is fairly fundamental to all of them I would imagine. Spending gold for slightly increased chances and nothing more is flawed and can build discontent to those that actually spend money and get nothing in return.

They need to rework the mechanics of the event and think of different ways to get us to spend money without potentially alienating customers because that's all they're doing now. People won't want to spend more just out of spite and that's the last thing Funzio should hear.

JMC
04-07-2012, 02:48 PM
600-900 gold for the event prize would be far too low. They have the stats of a 700-900 gold unit already plus a unique bonus. Personally i don't think it should be re-released, because that would defeat the purpose of a special event. Though if it were re-released it should be out for 1 day only, only able to purchase one obviously, and cost at least 2000+ gold.

StuN
04-07-2012, 02:52 PM
I would have liked to have seen an Easter event. But instead of opening suitcases, maybe diffuse the bunny bombs?

Just a thought ☺

War Priest
04-07-2012, 03:04 PM
600-900 gold for the event prize would be far too low. They have the stats of a 700-900 gold unit already plus a unique bonus. Personally i don't think it should be re-released, because that would defeat the purpose of a special event. Though if it were re-released it should be out for 1 day only, only able to purchase one obviously, and cost at least 2000+ gold.

Yeah that is a good idea as well. Or at the end of an event when the timer hits zero a price tag pops up and you have the option to buy. 2000 may be to extreme. I would say 1500 which is 99 dollars so that would be more fair.

Although if Funzio ever released my perk idea then that would work pretty well I think.

Mcdoc
04-07-2012, 06:33 PM
While "events" are nice and they give free players a chance at something they might never be able to obtain . . .

Spending gold for slightly increased chances and nothing more is flawed and can build discontent to those that actually spend money and get nothing in return. . .

People won't want to spend more just out of spite and that's the last thing Funzio should hear.

3 very good points that fall right in line with my suggestions. Keep it "obtainable" for the free players, and make every open actually be worth the Gold. I truly believe that if the prizes met the expectations I laid out (especially the "Super Low Casualty Rate" on the "Über" units) then even more people wold pony up for gold opens AND the higher prize values could even justify a 25 Gold open whole lowering the timer reset o 10 gold.

Quality is the key for us . . . Quantity is the key for Funzio :)

bigflan
04-07-2012, 06:35 PM
3 very good points that fall right in line with my suggestions. Keep it "obtainable" for the free players, and make every open actually be worth the old. I truly believe that if the prizes met the expectations I laid out (especially he "Super Low Casualty Rate" on the "Über" units - then even more people wold pony up for gold opens AND the higher prize values could even justify a 25 Gold open whole lowering the timer reset o 10 gold. .Quantity is the key :)Funzio is doin a experiment with crime city and the event is 4 days so there is a chance ours will be 4 days which would make it hard but they also added a unit at 9 whatever things

Poopenshire
04-07-2012, 06:37 PM
Funzio is doin a experiment with crime city and the event is 4 days so there is a chance ours will be 4 days which would make it hard but they also added a unit at 9 whatever things

the 9 unit should have the same attributes (maybe less att and def points) but be like 10% reduction and change compared to the 20% of the 10 item unit.

bigflan
04-07-2012, 06:40 PM
the 9 unit should have the same attributes (maybe less att and def points) but be like 10% reduction and change compared to the 20% of the 10 item unit. No it is not though I can't see it because it's under the 10 prize but you can make out something and it does not have a boost

Mcdoc
04-10-2012, 02:09 AM
Editing the thread title didn't work except in the original post. Thread title in the General forum listing is still the same :/