PDA

View Full Version : 2nd $20 iTunes Card Giveaway!!!

Twinkie
04-06-2012, 12:51 PM
This is the 2nd iTunes Card Giveaway, following the success of Joey and Sez’s. Proceeds are the results of a bet between a friend and I. We made a little bet a few weeks back involving $10 card. No one wins bets against me. He has insisted I take the card numerous times, but I’ve always refused. I never had the intention of accepting it. I asked him a few days ago to bump it to $20 to make this a giveaway for you guys, in which he happily agreed. He has asked to remain anonymous throughout this whole thing. The only thing I can say is he’s not a forum member, just a lurker. He’s also a very HL player in the game.

Same catch as the first contest. To be qualified, you did not get the winning prizes over the past 3 events (No sig, burner, or pathfinder) in your inventory. We will check. We were debating a good topic to write on, and our recent conversation was of personal accomplishments. So here goes:

>>>>>>Name one thing you are most proud of to have accomplished in your life<<<<<<<<<<<

We know this is personal and can get sensitive. Please weigh the monetary value vs. what you are willing to share. If you have any hesitation, you shouldn’t post anything. Don’t send me any PMs. I will disqualify your butt. Only posts in this thread are to be considered. Besides the avatars and the nicknames we’ve chosen, there is nothing else any of us know about each other. This is just a chance for some of us to open up and share more about our personal life. Plus it’s something you are proud of, not ashamed, so why not share with everyone?

Topic is open for anyone to talk about, even those not wanting the $20 gift card. Please write “I don’t want to be considered, just thought I share this.” Only to cut out the confusion. Winner will be selected and announced around Monday night, probably around the same time as the bank boxes event ending. Imagine getting both the Dice and some free gold as well!!!

Happy Easter guys!

i need muney
04-06-2012, 12:59 PM
I'm really proud that my way of living led me to my one true love.
I have always believed that it would happen and it did. ^_ ^

Slickster
04-06-2012, 12:59 PM
This is the 2nd iTunes Card Giveaway, following the success of Joey and Sez’s. Proceeds are the results of a bet between a friend and I. We made a little bet a few weeks back involving $10 card. No one wins bets against me. He has insisted I take the card numerous times, but I’ve always refused. I never had the intention of accepting it. I asked him a few days ago to bump it to $20 to make this a giveaway for you guys, in which he happily agreed. He has asked to remain anonymous throughout this whole thing. The only thing I can say is he’s not a forum member, just a lurker. He’s also a very HL player in the game.

Same catch as the first contest. To be qualified, you did not get the winning prizes over the past 3 events (No sig, burner, or pathfinder) in your inventory. We will check. We were debating a good topic to write on, and our recent conversation was of personal accomplishments. So here goes:

>>>>>>Name one thing you are most proud of to have accomplished in your life<<<<<<<<<<<

We know this is personal and can get sensitive. Please weigh the monetary value vs. what you are willing to share. If you have any hesitation, you shouldn’t post anything. Don’t send me any PMs. I will disqualify your butt. Only posts in this thread are to be considered. Besides the avatars and the nicknames we’ve chosen, there is nothing else any of us know about each other. This is just a chance for some of us to open up and share more about our personal life. Plus it’s something you are proud of, not ashamed, so why not share with everyone?

Topic is open for anyone to talk about, even those not wanting the $20 gift card. Please write “I don’t want to be considered, just thought I share this.” Only to cut out the confusion. Winner will be selected and announced around Monday night, probably around the same time as the bank boxes event ending. Imagine getting both the Dice and some free gold as well!!!

Happy Easter guys! don't want to be considered, my greatest accomplishment thus far, is my daughter I've been blessed with who is now four and is absolutely amazing 😃 , her favorite saying , don't be a fluffy head

mnju_03
04-06-2012, 01:05 PM
I think I qualify for my low level account. :P I'm thinking of what to share...

Fig Oni
04-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Definitely don't give it to me as I got a sig & patfinder.

Now How was your Holiday had fun?

Chiefer
04-06-2012, 01:14 PM
I've adopted many handicapped animals and given them permanent homes. And, I keep it all clean..... Better than a Windex commercial.

Santa
04-06-2012, 01:15 PM
I am proud that I made a wonderful 8-year old girl happy. I joined a program called "Best Buddies" in my school last month. The program pairs you up with a special needs student from the same school and gives you in school and after school time to interact with your "buddy". My buddy's name is Anna. Anna is 8 years old. She was diagnosed with autism at age 3. She loves to solve puzzles and her favorite color is sky blue. Anna also loves to write poetry. She told me all of this in a poem.

Over the last month, I have met with Anna and talked with her. I gave her someone she could express her feelings with. At first she was shy. She didn't know me. She was scared. So I talked to her. I told her about my dog, Buster, and how he loves to run around outside on nice days. I told her about my sister, and how although she annoys me a lot, I still love her. Eventually she opened up. She told me about her life, how people always ignored her. How they felt sorry, but never did anything. She told me how she sometimes wishes she could live a more "normal" life but how she knows inside of her, that being able to live is a gift in itself. We eat lunch together sometimes. She hates green beans and loves Nutella. She wrote me a poem; "Forever". Some of my friends think it's weird that I hang out with Anna. Sometimes it does get in the way of my plans, but I enjoy it still. Being with Anna shows me how much I have and how I should be grateful for everything life gives you. She also taught me that no matter what life gives you, you can fight your way through it with determination and perseverance.

She is an amazing person, and she understands so much more than people assume. She is like a second sister to me, and I'm glad to be her friend. I hope that we can keep in touch after middle school, and that we'll always be friends...

Thank you for listening...I know it was a bit lengthy... :)

Boom
04-06-2012, 01:16 PM
I'm proud that I won the super bowl 5 times nba finals 8 times majors (golf) 22 times, JK, I'm proud that I get straight As in school....

enahs1
04-06-2012, 01:16 PM
My biggest accomplishment that I'm proud of is getting straight As on my report card. I know this might sound like a little kid thing but I'm only in 8th grade. I proud of this because I'm in all the high classes and I signed up for all the high classes for high school like advanced geometry and advanced biology. Life starts with good grades; With good grades and good test scores you can get a good education and get into a good college. Then you can get a good job and make some money and so on. So I'm proud I'm on the right track.

iteachem
04-06-2012, 01:25 PM
I am proud that I made a wonderful 8-year old girl happy. I joined a program called "Best Buddies" in my school last month. The program pairs you up with a special needs student from the same school and gives you in school and after school time to interact with your "buddy". My buddy's name is Anna. Anna is 8 years old. She was diagnosed with autism at age 3. She loves to solve puzzles and her favorite color is sky blue. Anna also loves to write poetry. She told me all of this in a poem.

Over the last month, I have met with Anna and talked with her. I gave her someone she could express her feelings with. At first she was shy. She didn't know me. She was scared. So I talked to her. I told her about my dog, Buster, and how he loves to run around outside on nice days. I told her about my sister, and how although she annoys me a lot, I still love her. Eventually she opened up. She told me about her life, how people always ignored her. How they felt sorry, but never did anything. She told me how she sometimes wishes she could live a more "normal" life but how she knows inside of her, that being able to live is a gift in itself. We eat lunch together sometimes. She hates green beans and loves Nutella. She wrote me a poem; "Forever". Some of my friends think it's weird that I hang out with Anna. Sometimes it does get in the way of my plans, but I enjoy it still. Being with Anna shows me how much I have and how I should be grateful for everything life gives you. She also taught me that no matter what life gives you, you can fight your way through it with determination and perseverance.

She is an amazing person, and she understands so much more than people assume. She is like a second sister to me, and I'm glad to be her friend. I hope that we can keep in touch after middle school, and that we'll always be friends...

Thank you for listening...I know it was a bit lengthy... :)

You rock.... any school would would love to have students like you. Imagine a selfless student population. As a teacher I can fully say students like you can make a serious difference in the culture of a school. Keep it up

Boom
04-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Santa definitely wins even if its fake or not it made me cry! Jk but was a great story

Ramshutu
04-06-2012, 01:41 PM
I am excluded, but may still share for a laugh :)

Ram
04-06-2012, 01:44 PM
just give it to santa! he deserve it!

Pekersss
04-06-2012, 01:48 PM
I am proud of spending +250 hours saving a dog's life that I never got paid for... I syringe fed this dog every two hours with time-sensitive medication and I used public transportation to get her to and from where I worked when she was a puppy.

She's alive and that's what counts, though her digestive problems still require a lotttt of care (I've missed a lot on CC due to her needs). You can look up pyloric stenosis, hypoglycemia and gastritis in dogs if you like :).

Pekersss
04-06-2012, 01:52 PM
I just read the posts... Santa should get it :)

pluxfan2
04-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Please give it to Santa.

iteachem
04-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Agreed..Santa takes it

Nicholost
04-06-2012, 02:05 PM
My greatest achievement is yet to come, but I already have the plan made, I just need to set it into motion. It's quite simple, really. It goes like this:
1) Win this contest.
2) Give my winnings to Santa.

That will be my greatest achievement; my personal Everest.

Santa
04-06-2012, 02:06 PM
I didn't make it up guys... :(

Thank you for the support!

Edit: BTW if anyone is interested in Best Buddies here's their website. I'm pretty sure it's completely non-profit. Please make a donation or sign up to volunteer. I actually don't know that much about it, I just did the thing at school.

http://www.bestbuddies.org/

kimberleyj
04-06-2012, 02:36 PM
The thing I am most proud of is passing my gcse's at high school. I have severe learning difficultiets and i was told by the one high school if I went to their school I wouldn't be put in to the exams because they didn't have any faith in us they didn't think we would pass. I choose to go to a different school and I passed all my subjects.

Pekersss
04-06-2012, 02:37 PM
+1 rocky.

Too short? Okay.. I like CC.

Benjammin
04-06-2012, 02:48 PM
I have always been proud of my educational accomplishments and relationship triumphs throughout my life. The most important thing to me has been my pursuits in fitness. In high school, I was skinny, out of shape, and lacking confidence completely. The summer going into senior year I was introduced to working out, which shifted my life drastically. I tested the waters at first, and enjoyed it as a hobby and something to do with my time outside of school, but my interest kept growing. I started to do my own research in the subject matter, and started influencing my friends and family to live more healthy. By the end of high school, I got the confidence to find a girlfriend I loved, I sparked an interest in the human body which has translated to my college major of Physical Therapy with a minor in fitness training.

Basically, being introduced to fitness and an overall healthier life style completely altered my life for the positive. I am so proud of myself that I have stuck with it for over 5 years now, and the results I have seen are incredible. I honestly don't think my life would be nearly as amazing as it is right now if I had never tried that first day in the gym.

Thanks for doing the give away! Hope you guys enjoyed my post and maybe some of you will start living healthier lifestyles also!

Vile Lynn
04-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Santa, you are awesome! Your parents must be awesome, too, and so proud!
Good luck! I hope you get the card!

Thanks for doing this, TwinkIe! Glad you're back, I'm sure you hadda blast!

Joeycool
04-06-2012, 03:38 PM
This is great Twinks.

People always ask me why I didnt keep the $20 that Sez gave me. Well for me it was more rewarding to put it up as a prize and create a bit of love on here. There is always a lot of negativity.

WELL DONE FOR THIS TWINKS! :)

PS.

If you do not give the $20 to Santa I will totally destroy you!

Ghost818
04-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Woot Woot, Go Santa, I think he deserves it too!

mnju_03
04-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Ok, my greatest accomplishment is knowing Santa... Boom, he wins.

fuzzy
04-06-2012, 04:54 PM
Back in the day a kid could earn 5 bucks for cutting the yard.
Now it's 20 bucks to pay the neighbor kid to cut your grass.
Give it to Santa.
But make him cut some grass or tell his parents he has to cut the grass for free the next couple of times. LOL

mnju_03
04-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Back in the day a kid could earn 5 bucks for cutting the yard.
Now it's 20 bucks to pay the neighbor kid to cut your grass.
Give it to Santa.
But make him cut some grass or tell his parents he has to cut the grass for free the next couple of times. LOL

Make his mother sign for it... lol

beaux
04-06-2012, 05:44 PM
Santa wins!

OG Kush
04-06-2012, 06:37 PM
I'm proud of how awesome I am....and full of myself.

OG Kush
297-065-557

Santa
04-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Guys, listen to other stories before committing to mine. Maybe someone else did something equally awesome... :)

Boom
04-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Lets go Santa lets go! Cha cha cha! Do it with me peeps!

Joeycool
04-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Lets go Santa lets go! Cha cha cha! Do it with me peeps!

I'm not doing it.

Santa
04-06-2012, 08:36 PM
I'm not doing it.

Me neither. Give other players a chance to win also! I'm sure I'm not the only one whose done something reasonably admirable...

Boom
04-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Im proud that I won the spelling bee.......

Pekersss
04-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Spell the Mexican Hairless dog breed ;). Friggin insane spelling.

Pekersss
04-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Btw, Boom, or anyone that tries- auto-fail. ;). It's just impossible.

Pekersss
04-06-2012, 10:07 PM
Mexican hairless dog
xiolointzchintli

Boom
04-06-2012, 10:22 PM
Btw, Boom, or anyone that tries- auto-fail. ;). It's just impossible. True..............

Dreno33
04-06-2012, 10:53 PM
I have two amazing parents, two amazing step parents, and plenty of loving brothers and a sister. I did not have a rough childhood. You could say, I was spoiled(:

My first girlfriend, my first love, first everything for that matter, was amazing. We had it all(: A bit over two years ago, her pregnancy test stopped us in our tracks. Our whole world was... just confusion and fear. How will I tell my parents? How will I raise my child? I'm only 16....

I knew I made a stupid decision, but knew I could change it around and make it the best thing that ever happened. I knew I would be a good father, it was in my blood to be(:

A month and a half later, after hours and hours, day by day, arguing between parents (mine and hers), she decided it would be best to "think about our future" and made the appointment. My whole family fell to their knees knowing that after all our effort, we couldn't stop the one I thought to love me from such selfishness.

Right before she walked into the back of the clinic for the procedure, tears covering my face, she hugged me. "At least I can still do dance and we'll have another chance, I promise." Never did I thought it could have gotten worse, sadly I held too much hope...

If it weren't for her mother begging me to stay, to just give it some time, I would have ended it that day. We broke up July 5th, the day after our 18-month.

To this day, and to the end, I will always wonder what else could I have said... What else I could have done to save my baby. I learned a lot from this experience, and will always struggle with forgiveness of her, and more importantly myself. I am trying though, though it is hard.

What I am proud of though is many things through this tragedy. The support and friendship my family provided and how much they helped fight for me. I can't remember how many conversations we all had sitting down, trying to coax her out of the abortion. My parents are the proudest characteristics of my life. They helped me realize so many other things to be happy for. I learned the true nature of the girl I called love, I realized how valuable and uncertain life can be. I learned to love in a whole new meaning, and I can PROUDLY say that I love my family for who they are and I LOVE THEM!

Santa
04-07-2012, 04:57 AM
I have two amazing parents, two amazing step parents, and plenty of loving brothers and a sister. I did not have a rough childhood. You could say, I was spoiled(:

My first girlfriend, my first love, first everything for that matter, was amazing. We had it all(: A bit over two years ago, her pregnancy test stopped us in our tracks. Our whole world was... just confusion and fear. How will I tell my parents? How will I raise my child? I'm only 16....

I knew I made a stupid decision, but knew I could change it around and make it the best thing that ever happened. I knew I would be a good father, it was in my blood to be(:

A month and a half later, after hours and hours, day by day, arguing between parents (mine and hers), she decided it would be best to "think about our future" and made the appointment. My whole family fell to their knees knowing that after all our effort, we couldn't stop the one I thought to love me from such selfishness.

Right before she walked into the back of the clinic for the procedure, tears covering my face, she hugged me. "At least I can still do dance and we'll have another chance, I promise." Never did I thought it could have gotten worse, sadly I held too much hope...

If it weren't for her mother begging me to stay, to just give it some time, I would have ended it that day. We broke up July 5th, the day after our 18-month.

To this day, and to the end, I will always wonder what else could I have said... What else I could have done to save my baby. I learned a lot from this experience, and will always struggle with forgiveness of her, and more importantly myself. I am trying though, though it is hard.

What I am proud of though is many things through this tragedy. The support and friendship my family provided and how much they helped fight for me. I can't remember how many conversations we all had sitting down, trying to coax her out of the abortion. My parents are the proudest characteristics of my life. They helped me realize so many other things to be happy for. I learned the true nature of the girl I called love, I realized how valuable and uncertain life can be. I learned to love in a whole new meaning, and I can PROUDLY say that I love my family for who they are and I LOVE THEM!

+1

NotsoFunzio
04-07-2012, 05:17 AM
Iv saved two people's lives..... On different occasions.....

My little.... Sister...... When I was a kid

My work buddy a few years..... Ago....

Come to think of it I'm always saving people from stuff..... Not that I go out my way or like doing it.....
I just happen to always be in the wrong place at the wrong time..... I like to think it all counterbalanced all the bad stuff I do :p.....

And is secretly hoping all the people I save will get to be my slaves in the after life........*fingers crossed

If I do win for some strange reason....I don't want the card... Give it too that idiot that posted above (Santa)...... He really wants ingame gold but can't get any mwhahahaha

willydpooh
04-07-2012, 05:21 AM
i'm happy that this forum is alive and kicking, and i'm proud to be part of it =)

Ohaithere
04-07-2012, 05:59 AM
The thing I am most proud of is an ongoing process.

Last august I was trying to cycle on a peddle bike from london to croatia, I went over my handle bars and broke my spine and my lungs collapsed. I underwent 8 hours of surgery but my spinal cord was severely damaged so I now have to use a wheelchair as I am fully paralysed from waist down.

After this I spent 4 months in hospital rehabilitation where I had to learn to do everything again. It was like being born again, I needed to learn to move, to transfer in and out of my chair, I had to learn to go to the loo, I learnt to make my own meals, deal with any issues that arose from this such as skin care.

I had many friends and family around me helping me deal with it which enabled me to keep a positive attitude right from the start. I came out of hospital in December and since them I have been swimming twice a week, playing tennis once a week and in September I am going back to university to finish my degree of which I am two years through. I am also starting some part time work in a few weeks time.

The thing I am most looking forward to is going back to where I crashed in the summer in Belgium and I am going to finish my trip using a handcycle. I will be travelling over 650 miles and cycling over the Alps.

I was unlucky but have moved on and so too is my life, I am overcoming each problem one at a time and with the help from my friends and family I will be able to do anything *. I am proud of what I have achieved but I think there is much more to come… watch this space :)

*I would love to be able to do an ironman in the future, I am 22 and fit and I think this would prove to everyone a wheelchair does not change anything.

On another note santa you are definitely a worthy winner, keep up the good work

edit: next week i am competing in a multi event competition called the spinal games where i will swim, shoot, play table tennis and have a few other introductions to new sports.

iteachem
04-07-2012, 06:33 AM
The thing I am most proud of is an ongoing process.

Last august I was trying to cycle on a peddle bike from london to croatia, I went over my handle bars and broke my spine and my lungs collapsed. I underwent 8 hours of surgery but my spinal cord was severely damaged so I now have to use a wheelchair as I am fully paralysed from waist down.

After this I spent 4 months in hospital rehabilitation where I had to learn to do everything again. It was like being born again, I needed to learn to move, to transfer in and out of my chair, I had to learn to go to the loo, I learnt to make my own meals, deal with any issues that arose from this such as skin care.

I had many friends and family around me helping me deal with it which enabled me to keep a positive attitude right from the start. I came out of hospital in December and since them I have been swimming twice a week, playing tennis once a week and in September I am going back to university to finish my degree of which I am two years through. I am also starting some part time work in a few weeks time.

The thing I am most looking forward to is going back to where I crashed in the summer in Belgium and I am going to finish my trip using a handcycle. I will be travelling over 650 miles and cycling over the Alps.

I was unlucky but have moved on and so too is my life, I am overcoming each problem one at a time and with the help from my friends and family I will be able to do anything *. I am proud of what I have achieved but I think there is much more to come… watch this space :)

*I would love to be able to do an ironman in the future, I am 22 and fit and I think this would prove to everyone a wheelchair does not change anything.

On another note santa you are definitely a worthy winner, keep up the good work

edit: next week i am competing in a multi event competition called the spinal games where i will swim, shoot, play table tennis and have a few other introductions to new sports.

You are truly inspiring.. Thanks for sharing your story on here. Good luck in the competition.

nvbealone
04-07-2012, 06:37 AM
give it to me.. my birthday is tomorrow.

Santa
04-07-2012, 06:48 AM
Wow...ohaithere...

That's amazing! :)

Dreno33
04-07-2012, 06:57 AM

sounds like fun! except I'm not good at competitive swimming haha. i just know how to hold my breath for 3 minutes. have fun! i freakin love ping pong!!!!!

Dravak
04-07-2012, 07:04 AM
this is nice twinkie , hope you had a nice holiday.

I don't count for this one since have event ítems .

But fine the most proud thing in my life is still to be alive , even having suffered a NDE and embraced the light .
So of all the things I done , I think still being alive in a world that holds no more suprises for me .
It itself is a suprise , so yeah maybe silly thing to say and doesn't mean a lot to most people .

But if you cannot be proud of Yourself or what you accomplished in your own way , then don't expect others to be proud of you . Believe it or not on a consious level we are slowly changing.

And it is always good to see things done from people heart , even if the rewarding the person might seem futile.
Don't forget what goes around comes around .

Dreno33
04-07-2012, 07:19 AM
even having suffered a NDE and embraced the light .
So of all the things I done , I think still being alive in a world that holds no more suprises for me .
It itself is a suprise , so yeah maybe silly thing to say and doesn't mean a lot to most people .

Dravak, this means a lot to me. Glad you made it out ok. My brother before I was born had a rare disease that actually for over 3 minutes killed him until he eventually had a heartbeat again. If he died that day... My parents would have slowed down and not have decided to have another baby for awhile.... ME.
if you don't mind... what's an NDE?

Rocky35
04-07-2012, 09:15 AM
Dravak, this means a lot to me. Glad you made it out ok. My brother before I was born had a rare disease that actually for over 3 minutes killed him until he eventually had a heartbeat again. If he died that day... My parents would have slowed down and not have decided to have another baby for awhile.... ME.
if you don't mind... what's an NDE?

Near Death Experience?

Santa
04-07-2012, 09:57 AM
A more selfish accomplishment for me is the fact that I made my middle school soccer team! I'm only 4'7" so it means a lot to me, beating other players who are larger and stronger than me... :)

Dreno33
04-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Near Death Experience?

Now i feel dumb...

A more selfish accomplishment for me is the fact that I made my middle school soccer team! I'm only 4'7" so it means a lot to me, beating other players who are larger and stronger than me... :)

Speed and feet... Not size

Played from 5-years-old to 13. And then again sophomore year in HS. I guess the BEST advice to give would be to work on Endurance. I joined this team on the side (all Mexicans, all VERY GOOD) and the one thing they all had in common that I was luckily to already have as well, was the best endurance out of the rest of our rivals. We were the only ones that could **SPRINT** constantly during the game. The other team couldn't handle our hustle and determination and faulted on their footwork when we never gave them any break or room to slow down and look around. We dominated. If you have the best endurance and can sprint the whole game, you will be godly amongst your team(:

**SPRINT** means in comparison to your rivals' speed, it looks like sprinting, even though to you it feels like just running around.

Good luck Santa(: go kick some balls... Not your rivals... thats a red card :P

Santa
04-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Speed and feet... Not size.

Good luck Santa(: go kick some balls... Not your rivals... thats a red card :P

Thank you! :)

Gaming Will
04-07-2012, 10:20 AM
Not to be counted:

I am a Pediatric Registered Nurse. I have worked in Pediatric Intensive Care for many years. While, I have had the privilege to assist in saving many lives of infants and children that are gravely ill, traumatically injured, or born with a crippling disease. That being said, I do not feel that is my greatest accomplishment. I get more out of helping them than they ever receive from me.

My greatest accomplishment would have to be that I am the youngest of 6. I was the first to attend college in my family (not even my parents or grandparents attended). I not only attended but graduated while working and maintaining a full-time job.

Boom
04-07-2012, 10:26 AM
"I'm proud that I got a full ride to Harvard!" " I'm becoming a lawyer so I will be able to buy bunch of iTune cards!" - me in the future (hopefully...)

Dreno33
04-07-2012, 10:31 AM
"I'm proud that I got a full ride to Harvard!" " I'm becoming a lawyer so I will be able to buy bunch of iTune cards!" - me in the future (hopefully...)

age? (if you don't mind)

Boom
04-07-2012, 10:35 AM
age? (if you don't mind)Im like Santa's age

Dreno33
04-07-2012, 10:35 AM
Thank you! :)

the workout we would do before AND after our practice (I'm telling you, these mexicans were crazy!)
was to do 25 sprints end to end of the field. (there and back was 1) get your team to do that every practice. they will hate you, then they will love you(:

EDIT: maybe it was 20... idr

Santa
04-07-2012, 10:56 AM
the workout we would do before AND after our practice (I'm telling you, these mexicans were crazy!)
was to do 25 sprints end to end of the field. (there and back was 1) get your team to do that every practice. they will hate you, then they will love you(:

EDIT: maybe it was 20... idr

Wow. I could probably only do 5 of those, and I consider myself one of the more endurance gifted players on the team. Spanish people are usually good soccer players... :)

Captian Awesome
04-07-2012, 11:00 AM
My biggest accomplishment that I'm proud of is getting straight As on my report card. I know this might sound like a little kid thing but I'm only in 8th grade. I proud of this because I'm in all the high classes and I signed up for all the high classes for high school like advanced geometry and advanced biology. Life starts with good grades; With good grades and good test scores you can get a good education and get into a good college. Then you can get a good job and make some money and so on. So I'm proud I'm on the right track.

With this kind of attitude only good thing's will happen for you enahs1! Keep it up!

Twinkie
04-07-2012, 12:24 PM
Thanks for all the great posts guys :) I have a few favorites so far. Remember, it is just not me reading this, there is a lurker among us.

This is great Twinks.

People always ask me why I didnt keep the $20 that Sez gave me. Well for me it was more rewarding to put it up as a prize and create a bit of love on here. There is always a lot of negativity.

WELL DONE FOR THIS TWINKS! :)

PS.

If you do not give the $20 to Santa I will totally destroy you!

Oh, is that a threat? It is SOOO ON Mr. Cool. You know where to find me :p

Fig Oni
04-07-2012, 12:28 PM
@Joey "Mr Cool"

Would of you gave away the $20 itune card if it was a £15 card instead?

Just curious.

Joeycool
04-07-2012, 12:34 PM
@Joey "Mr Cool"

Just curious.

yep! Why dont you donate one to me just to test me! ;)

Ram
04-07-2012, 12:35 PM
He should prove to us and twinkie he really is a kid! something fishy about this guy... I get madhatters vibrations when I read his posts...

Ghost818
04-07-2012, 12:36 PM
He slould prove to twinkie he is really a kid! something fishy about this guy... I get madhatters vibrations when I read his posts...
Is...it...because i talk.....Like....th.............is?

mnju_03
04-07-2012, 12:38 PM
He slould prove to us and twinkie he really is a kid! something fishy about this guy... I get madhatters vibrations when I read his posts...

Hahaha misdirection... Nice.

Santa
How do I upload a picture from iPhoto?

Dreno33
Wow. I could probably only do 5 of those, and I consider myself one of the more endurance gifted players on the team. Spanish people are usually good soccer players... :)

5? nah man. you can do way more I'm sure. running is not about the body, only the mind. running my half marathon recently i didnt have the time to train for, i felt like walking at mile 11. only had 2.1mi left. my body had the energy not my mind. i didnt quit, and the last .25mi of the race, i sprinted and past up 8 people. your body can do 10-15 easily if your mind can handle it

Ram
04-07-2012, 12:40 PM
How do I upload a picture from iPhoto?

use tinypics

Santa
04-07-2012, 12:43 PM
It says invalid file.

Santa
04-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Well I took it down. If you saw it, then you saw it. If you don't believe, well then you're an idiot. Have somebody who saw it convince you. :)

Santa
04-07-2012, 12:45 PM
Yay it works! That's me!!!! :)

Ohaithere
04-07-2012, 12:46 PM
You dont look nearly fat or hairy enough to be the real Santa!

Santa
04-07-2012, 12:48 PM
You dont look nearly fat or hairy enough to be the real Santa!

Gee, thanks. :D

BTW guys, I'm gonna take this down tonight. Don't want any privacy issues.

@mnju_03

Do you believe me NOW?

Gaming Will
04-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Please tell me your parents know that you did that? Take a pic of you standing next to your mom or dad! :)

Ram
04-07-2012, 12:49 PM
I don't see anything!

Santa
04-07-2012, 12:49 PM
Please tell me your parents know that you did that? Take a pic of you standing next to your mom or dad! :)

I'm not showing you guys my mom or my dad. You can kinda see my mom in the background.

mnju_03
04-07-2012, 12:50 PM

Dude I just did a google search on Santa and found the same picture.

Santa
04-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Dude I just did a google search on Santa and found the same thing.

You're kidding right? DO YOU BELIEVE ME NOW? If you do, I'm gonna take it down.

Ram
04-07-2012, 12:54 PM

I don't believe you... show us a real proof!

Ohaithere
You should prob take it down, I didn't doubt you, can't imagine anyone would lie about being a kid. Did youpost the pic from a computer iPad or iPhone? I struggle so much trying to put pics n this forum from ipad

mnju_03

I smell something fishy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSTEqHxh3fI

Santa
04-07-2012, 12:56 PM
From my family iMac. Took it down. If you saw it, you saw it.

Ram
04-07-2012, 12:57 PM
From my family iMac. Took it down. If you saw it, you saw it.

Santa should not tell lies!

Santa
04-07-2012, 12:58 PM
santa should not tell lies!

i'm not lying!!! I just don't want my picture on the internet for eternity!!!!!! Jeez!!!!!

Stop annoying me about it please.

Ohaithere
04-07-2012, 12:59 PM
Ignore him Santa no one doubts you they just messin, should prob try and stay on topic really

Ram
04-07-2012, 01:00 PM
i'm not lying!!! I just don't want my picture on the internet for eternity!!!!!! Jeez!!!!!

Stop annoying me about it please.

Twinkie should disqualify you from the giveaway!

Santa
04-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Ignore him Santa no one doubts you they just messin, should prob try and stay on topic really

Kay, sorry. I actually posted that in all caps but I guess it censors it into lowercase... xD

Santa
04-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Damn Santa, you really are a kid. We're just messing with you, you're fine. Ram and mnju are jokers man, relax kid.

I told you so. :)

mnju_03
04-07-2012, 01:13 PM
I told you so. :)

Santa, I just PM'd you.

Fig Oni
04-07-2012, 01:13 PM
yep! Why dont you donate one to me just to test me! ;)

What a great idea I will post the code as soon as I can afford to buy one & it's a promise I will do that.

Santa
04-07-2012, 01:14 PM
What a great idea I will post the code as soon as I can afford to buy one & it's a promise I will do that.

I can't tell if that was sarcastic or not. :]

Dreno33
04-07-2012, 01:16 PM

mnju.... by all means, you just earned 10k Respect in my book. well played reference to the greatest tv show ever(:

Fig Oni
04-07-2012, 01:16 PM
I can't tell if that was sarcastic or not. :]

I'm not kidding or being sarcastic.

Santa
04-07-2012, 01:18 PM

Well then are you interested in buying me an iTunes card also?

mnju_03
04-07-2012, 01:19 PM
mnju.... by all means, you just earned 10k Respect in my book. well played reference to the greatest tv show ever(:

That's how I roll. lol

I believe you.

Dreno33
04-07-2012, 01:23 PM
mnju, have you watched any recent episodes? i haven't even seen more than the 2nd episode of s10. need o catch up

mnju_03
04-07-2012, 01:25 PM
mnju, have you watched any recent episodes? i haven't even seen more than the 2nd episode of s10. need o catch up

I have. All of them, I believe.

Ram
04-07-2012, 01:28 PM
I still think santa is a little fat phony ;)

Fig Oni
04-07-2012, 01:29 PM
Well then are you interested in buying me an iTunes card also?

Now the only way be by sending you the $ by western union as there no way of buying US itune card unless I buy it from ebay.

It be a good feature if you could gift your gold to your friends.

mnju_03
04-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Now the only way be by sending you the $ by western union as there no way of buying US itune card unless I buy it from ebay.

It be a good feature if you could gift your gold to your friends.

I wonder if a deal could be worked out...? For example you call up Mr. so an so and offer to buy a package of gold, but you'd like it not put in your profile but another players...

Santa
04-07-2012, 01:32 PM
Isn't eBay cheaper? I guess it's not as reliable. :P

Whatever, if it's too much work, don't bother.

Fig Oni
04-07-2012, 01:33 PM
I wonder if a deal could be worked out...? For example you call up Mr. so an so and offer to buy a package of gold, but you'd like it not put in your profile but another players...

Maybe funzio customer support could do it if you ask them nicely by adding the gold to your account and asking it to be deducted from your account and placed in someone else account.

Santa
04-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Maybe funzio customer support could do it if you ask them nicely by adding the gold to your account and asking it to be deducted from your account and placed in someone else account.

That would be amazing!

Boom
04-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Came back so how its going?

Joeycool
04-07-2012, 02:13 PM

I will hold you to that Fig!

Will my resolve hold out if you do... or will I keep the gift card for myself!

Fig Oni
04-07-2012, 02:41 PM
I will hold you to that Fig!

Will my resolve hold out if you do... or will I keep the gift card for myself!

It your choice.
What ever you do you'll still be Joey Cool

Santa
04-07-2012, 02:46 PM
Church = 200 gold, 200 x2 = 400 Gold
Gentlemen's Club = 150 gold, 150 x2 = 300 Gold
Rock Cafe = 175 gold, 175 x2 = 350 Gold

400 + 300 + 350 = 1050 Gold

Current gold: 60

1050 - 60 = 990 Gold

That's how much I need to get everything I want. Tapjoy here I come! :D

Boom
04-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Church = 200 gold, 200 x2 = 400 Gold
Gentlemen's Club = 150 gold, 150 x2 = 300 Gold
Rock Cafe = 175 gold, 175 x2 = 350 Gold

400 + 300 + 350 = 1050 Gold

Current gold: 60

1050 - 60 = 990 Gold

That's how much I need to get everything I want. Tapjoy here I come! :DGood luck.....!!!

Rocky35
04-07-2012, 03:01 PM

That is a great show bro. I watch that all the time.

Twinkie
04-07-2012, 03:03 PM
Guys stay on topic please.

Boom
04-07-2012, 03:11 PM
This may be a stupid question but when the person wins it, how do u give the iTunes card to that person?

Santa
04-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Sorry, Twinkie. I guess it's mostly my fault. :/

Sooo, personal achievements...

Rocky35
04-07-2012, 06:43 PM
This may be a stupid question but when the person wins it, how do u give the iTunes card to that person?

There is a code on the back of the card. She would scratch it and send the code to him.

Boom
04-07-2012, 06:49 PM
There is a code on the back of the card. She would scratch it and send the code to him.Hmm I forgot about the code....now I feel stupid ....

Rocky35
04-08-2012, 07:18 AM
Hmm I forgot about the code....now I feel stupid ....

It's cool bro. No stupid questions. Santa should be safe if he gets it. No personal information given, not like Twinkie is goin to mail it to him.

Fig Oni
04-08-2012, 07:30 AM
Twinkie I believe the thread should be closed as the public opinion is for Santa to take the prize.

Also he a good role model for his generation.

Also a million respect for your kindness.

enahs1
04-09-2012, 09:20 AM
I liked Santa's story the best... Choose him please, I think we all want him to win, plus he is stuck on the 8th diamond pendant and needs some gold to get to the tenth. He really wants it. And thanks for holding this contest. It was cool reading the stories. It was very nice of you Twinkie!

Boom
04-09-2012, 09:52 AM
L
I liked Santa's story the best... Choose him please, I think we all want him to win, plus he is stuck on the 8th diamond pendant and needs some gold to get to the tenth. He really wants it. And thanks for holding this contest. It was cool reading the stories. It was very nice of you Twinkie!U know hes not gonna spend it on the event right? He wanna buy churches, g clubs, and I think rock cafe

Santa
04-09-2012, 10:16 AM
LU know hes not gonna spend it on the event right? He wanna buy churches, g clubs, and I think rock cafe

Well if I win, I'd get 240 gold. All those buildings you mentioned are quite far off (except for church). I don't know what to spend it on, I could wait for a sale. Any suggestions on what to do with 240 gold (290 with a sale)?

enahs1
04-09-2012, 10:21 AM
Unless your going to save it until you can unlock those gold buildings, I would save some and spend some on a crate or a few openings on bank boxes

Rhino72
04-09-2012, 10:23 AM
This one will be classic. Santa's parents don't want him to spend real money on an in game currency. Santa is a member of the forums and now some random forum strangers will give Santa a free $20 Itunes giftcard in the mail. Santa's parents reaction will be (1) Oh how sweet that some random person gives our sweet little 13 year old an Itunes gift card or (2) Santa you are never allowed to be involved with another Forum of any game better yet you are not allowed to play an MMOG as long as you live under our roof.

Santa if / when you get the gift card make sure you don't tell your parents but if / when it comes in the mail why don't I think your parents will let you open random hand written envelopes addressed to you without knowing what the contents are.

Santa
04-09-2012, 10:24 AM
A vault of gold would be enough for me. A couple nice gold buildings, some crates, some event opens. But $100 is a lot for me. I know to some of you guys, $100 is nothing... I wish I could get some donations through iTunes. I could make a guide or something for donations. :/

I have good fever. :(

Ram
04-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Santa should not win. this guy is a fraud!

Boom
04-09-2012, 10:34 AM
I would spend it on crates so I could play the game longer or else I can't compete.....only 62 m4s!!!!! This is madness!!!

Twinkie
04-09-2012, 03:53 PM
Gonna announce this a little early since I won't be around tonight.

Thanks for all the great posts guys. Alot of positive stuff out of this thread. We talked it over, and it was extremely hard. There were 3 finalists, Dreno33, Santa, and Ohaithere. I won't tell ya which one is my favorite, but without further ado, the winner of the $20 iTunes Card Giveaway is......

SANTA

Congratulations!!!! Spend it wisely. Check your inbox for the code.

mnju_03
04-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Love it!!!!!!

Ram
04-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Shenanigans!

mnju_03
04-09-2012, 04:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6VFtqJCRhk

Boom
04-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Santa wins Santa wins!!!!!!!!!! Gratzzzzzz!!!!!! ..... I should of won it.....JK

Nicholost
04-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Awesome. Congrats, Santa. http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h257/nicklepics/nothing%20of%20use/Emoticons/banana.gif

Ghost818
04-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Congrats Santa :D

Santa
04-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Thank you so much! :)

mnju_03
04-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Thank you so much! :)

I want to know how your parents react... :)
(this is cute) :D

Santa
04-09-2012, 05:08 PM
They said, "I told you it would pay off, honey!". They also said they wouldn't be spending any $$$ on this game so don't expect any more gold unless your "online buddies" donate you some. :]

mnju_03
04-09-2012, 05:11 PM
They said, "I told you it would pay off, honey!". They also said they wouldn't be spending any $$$ on this game so don't expect any more gold unless your "online buddies" donate you some. :]

lol... Nice kiddo.

Fig Oni
04-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Twinkie That's so sweet.

Couldn't been a more deserving guy than Santa gettin it, made me smile.

NotHappyatU
04-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Gonna announce this a little early since I won't be around tonight.

Thanks for all the great posts guys. Alot of positive stuff out of this thread. We talked it over, and it was extremely hard. There were 3 finalists, Dreno33, Santa, and Ohaithere. I won't tell ya which one is my favorite, but without further ado, the winner of the $20 iTunes Card Giveaway is......

SANTA

Congratulations!!!! Spend it wisely. Check your inbox for the code.

Congrats Santa.

Whip88
04-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Best Hey.......

Seeing twinkies tanned legs lol ;)

Ohaithere
04-20-2012, 10:01 AM
Sorry for digging this back up after it was all finished but I just thought I would give you an update :)

Since Monday i have been back at the hospital / arena participating in the inter unit spinal games, turns out there were 13 teams, our team of 8 came 3rd overall. I participated in the able tennis, swimming and shooting and tried many other sports including hand cycling wheelchair rugby, basketball, many many more.

The whole thing was a massive success and a huge laugh so that was good. I came 3rd in the paraplegic table tennis after winning 5 matches and losing and 1, in the swimming I won the 25m backstroke, 25m breast stroke and in the 50m freestyle I came second but the guy who beat me could walk and use his legs. I won the 25m races by half the pool with times of 32 and 31 seconds and in the freestyle I did it in 1.03 but got huge cheers from the crowd.

Last night we had a big sit down meal in the hall and prizes were given out, I got a medal for the table tennis and I was awarded the best paraplegic swimmer award and got a medal and trophy for a year :) I got a huge cheer from everyone when it was announced and the week has been a massive success.

I didn't do well in the shooting but I have had loads of fun being with other wheelchair users for a week and physics from all around the country. Again I am sorry for necroing but I thought I would just let you guys know how it went, it is the best week I have since being discharged and have had a grin on my face all week, I will get a pic and upload it in a bit. This is my most proud moment...

Thanks, alex

deuces
04-20-2012, 10:20 AM
Huge congrats Alex, seems like a great moment for you and im sure you made a lot of people and yourself really proud!

Burn
04-20-2012, 10:24 AM
@Ohaithere Nice one pal, I feel proud of you just reading it, so those closest to you must be so very happy for you. All the very best of luck to you.

Fig Oni
04-20-2012, 10:44 AM
Don't bring this post up make me look like a fool with my bad recommendation.

Swifty
04-20-2012, 10:47 AM
@Fig Oni

It is a karma thing for not passing the Dutchy on the leff han side.

Fig Oni
04-20-2012, 10:49 AM
@Fig Oni

I Love You Swifty.

dudeman
04-20-2012, 11:19 AM
@Fig Oni

Lmfao! Happy April 20th.

deuces
04-20-2012, 11:32 AM
Lmfao! Happy April 20th.

mmm yep, was awake for a little over an hour. Think i'll be back after this nap.

Fig Oni
04-20-2012, 11:34 AM
Lmfao! Happy April 20th.

It my little nephews birthday, how did you know.

mnju_03
04-20-2012, 12:45 PM
HEY! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnU2f-rrvcg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnU2f-rrvcg

Right!

Happy 420 all y'all....

Dreno33
04-20-2012, 12:51 PM
Oh hey I forgot about this thread, lol. Idk why I made it in the three, it was my parents that were so amazing, not me. Anyways, cool cool.

Side note, I read in another thread that Santa actually lied about this thing for the 20 dollars. Is this true? Or are ppl just mad at him and said that?

Pikachu
04-20-2012, 01:41 PM
Oh hey I forgot about this thread, lol. Idk why I made it in the three, it was my parents that were so amazing, not me. Anyways, cool cool.

Side note, I read in another thread that Santa actually lied about this thing for the 20 dollars. Is this true? Or are ppl just mad at him and said that?

I didn't lie about Anna. That rumor is false.

Joeycool
04-20-2012, 01:46 PM
I didn't lie about Anna. That rumor is false.

Just about everything else?

Swearengen
04-20-2012, 02:01 PM
Oh you can trust he is telling the truth right? Whatever...

Ohaithere
04-20-2012, 02:20 PM
I don't think this should be turned not another attack Santa thread, I brought this thread back up for the spirit in which the thread was intended. What's done is done. Anyone else have a proud story?

Boom
04-20-2012, 03:07 PM
Agreed ohaithere

Twinkie
04-20-2012, 04:00 PM
Hey....uh...my old thread is back again :rolleyes:

This thread was started based on the goodwill of 2 people. We were just hoping that everyone was honest and upfront about what they shared. The prize was minuscule compared to the accomplishment(s) and the pride that you have felt. It was simply a way for everyone else on this forum to know about it. I sincerely thanked everyone who did shared, whether you wanted the card or not.

A winner has been picked and the prize has been awarded. Whether that person "made up" the story is no longer relevant. I can't take it back, nor do I want to. This was based on the honor system, and it's unfortunate if someone did abuse it. It will just raise a big flag and lower the possibility of a "Contest #3", if there ever will be one. There will be doubts, there will be more rules, and it will just cast a dark cloud over the integrity of certain people. If someone did made up a story for a $20 gift card, then it's really really sad. No monetary value can equal the pride of a personal accomplishment. I certainly hope that was not the case.

@Ohaithere. Great story update. :D

Rocky35
04-20-2012, 07:03 PM
I don't think there be any more contest. People sell their unborn for gold on here.

Joeycool
04-28-2012, 11:47 AM
@Joey "Mr Cool"

Just curious.

Guess what I just got sent to me by PM??

mnju_03
04-28-2012, 11:54 AM
This brings a smile to my face! :)