PDA

View Full Version : What stupid thing did you do BEFORE

Gaming Will
04-06-2012, 12:01 PM
You either found the forum or learned how to play?

I will start:

I completed the areas on the map all the way through all 5 levels to gain an extra mafia member! I didn't learn how to get mafia until like level 20 or 25. (on my first game)

enahs1
04-06-2012, 12:12 PM
I didn't see the importance in having money buildings and when I saved up money, I would spend it all on weapons for jobs. Because of this my income per hour is only about 10,000 and I'm almost on level 60. Of course my income per hour two weeks ago was 4,000 and I have nearly tripled because I bought Dominican Resternauts and movie theaters.

Santa
04-06-2012, 12:13 PM
I built a warehouse. Enough said. :)

Swearengen
04-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Got to lvl 90 on my first go around with less than $8000 income and 1500+ mafia (bad news), before I found the forum and started over!

Joe Brown1
04-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Fortunately found the form pretty early - still leveled a warehouse to lvl 7

Gaming Will
04-06-2012, 12:57 PM
I didn't see the importance in having money buildings and when I saved up money, I would spend it all on weapons for jobs. Because of this my income per hour is only about 10,000 and I'm almost on level 60. Of course my income per hour two weeks ago was 4,000 and I have nearly tripled because I bought Dominican Resternauts and movie theaters.

I didn't see the point to alot of it either!

Gaming Will
04-06-2012, 12:58 PM
I built a warehouse. Enough said. :)

I have 2... And can't bring myself to get rid of them just yet.

Gaming Will
04-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Got to lvl 90 on my first go around with less than $8000 income and 1500+ mafia (bad news), before I found the forum and started over!

Level 90? OUCH!

Gaming Will
04-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Fortunately found the form pretty early - still leveled a warehouse to lvl 7

Did that too. :(

iteachem
04-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Was in the process up upgrading to complete the machine gun goal... thankfully I caught that one quickly..

Oh and prior to the forum I bought defensive buildingss

Boom
04-06-2012, 01:10 PM
Lvled up fast but doesn't matter only lvl 61 thank god I found the forums b4 lvling to 90 :P

Chiefer
04-06-2012, 01:37 PM
Was in the process up upgrading to complete the machine gun goal... thankfully I caught that one quickly..

Oh and prior to the forum I bought defensive buildingss

Has anyone 100% tested this?

Ram
04-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Having 2000 mafia members before realizing it's better to only have 500 powerful ones...

Now I have 6200 friends :o

Amber_
04-06-2012, 01:50 PM

Hey, I've helped some players increase their income a lot (both gold/no gold players). I'm well understood with the economics of the game. If you want some pointers in what to build and upgrade, don't hesitate to PM me.

kimberleyj
04-06-2012, 03:24 PM
I didn't know about the bank and I just blind attacked people , I was always loosing my money lol.

Swearengen
04-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Hey, I've helped some players increase their income a lot (both gold/no gold players). I'm well understood with the economics of the game. If you want some pointers in what to build and upgrade, don't hesitate to PM me.

Take Amber up on her offer, she has good advice :)

enahs1
04-06-2012, 04:06 PM
I just pm her. Hopefully she answers soon :)

Ram
04-06-2012, 04:09 PM

good advices and good assets! ;)

jmeijer
04-06-2012, 04:26 PM
I leveled too fast, I was level 100 when I visited the forum once. I made an account here and started to play the game a lot better.

xclusiv
04-06-2012, 09:09 PM
used rp points on 77 sawn offs and 253 yamahas.

enahs1
04-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Sawn off shot guns are bad?

upsman_17
04-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Sawn off shot guns are bad?

Early on they are ok, especially since the M4 got nerfed, but endgame you want RPGs.

enahs1
04-06-2012, 09:35 PM
I'm not that high level yet, I have been spending all my respect on chain whips.

Steve0
04-06-2012, 09:43 PM
buying gaurd towers, and not going hog wild on my econ.

Max Power
04-07-2012, 07:14 AM
Played missions, bought and upgraded defense buildings, spent respect mony on lower level items, and didn't realize until about level 20 that you could use respect to buy weapons.

I also robbed nore than fought.

In short, I did everything Funzio wants you to do but is bad for you.

Alice
04-07-2012, 08:18 AM
Machine Gun Malfunction...thought I've said this before

Jill
04-07-2012, 08:30 AM
Played missions, bought and upgraded defense buildings, spent respect mony on lower level items, and didn't realize until about level 20 that you could use respect to buy weapons.

I did everything you did Max..... the other thing I couldn't understand was I seen players with thousands of dollars not banked??? I thought someone had attacked them and lost a fortune, but of course it was player with great stats at their level not banking...... Felt dumb when I realised and that wasn't long ago lol

Gaming Will
04-07-2012, 08:31 AM
Man, I can literally go through all of these and say, "yep, did that, did that, did that!"

And playing the way the game is supposed to be played is going to get you clobbered in the HL's.

And the main reason why I started this thread was to share that I'm glastroke thing happened to my first game. I was forced to go to the Internet and research crime city. That led me to the forum and more fun way to play the game by setting your own strategy, IMO.

And before, I never paid real money at all for the game. Now, I have spent RM and certainly didn't mind doing so since I felt I had a strong game plan.

Happy Playing. :)

iteachem
04-07-2012, 08:48 AM
Early on they are ok, especially since the M4 got nerfed, but endgame you want RPGs.

I see a lot of back and forth on respect with regards to CW, Sawed off, NVGs, Exeleros, etc...

For someone with the endgame in mind do i skip all of the mid levels. I realize this is more complex based on my current inventory, but what advice would be a general rule regardless of inventory for a no gold player.

J-Rizzi
04-07-2012, 08:58 AM
What's wrong with robbing?

iteachem
04-07-2012, 09:04 AM
I would say that in perspective robbing brings only cash, fighting PVP brings cash and weapons drops. My inventory is greatly improved with the weapon drops during fights...

Just my opinion....would love to hear other perspectives

Gaming Will
04-07-2012, 10:46 AM
I would say that in perspective robbing brings only cash, fighting PVP brings cash and weapons drops. My inventory is greatly improved with the weapon drops during fights...

Just my opinion....would love to hear other perspectives

+1 there. Robbing is fun if you hit something big. But attacking is more rewarding in regards to what you earn. (RP and loot)

Santa
04-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Attacking > Robbing IMO also. Although the RP/XP ratio isn't always as good as robbing, the loot and sometimes cash are a huge bonus. The RP isn't bad either... Plus you can progress through the TL goals.

OFF TOPIC: I returned to my TL goals yesterday. So far I've been through at least 500 fights and done at least 20 Hardcore Hitman, Championship, Winning Streak, and Thug Life goals. Lots of RP! :D

Boom
04-07-2012, 11:10 AM
Attacking > Robbing IMO also. Although the RP/XP ratio isn't always as good as robbing, the loot and sometimes cash are a huge bonus. The RP isn't bad either... Plus you can progress through the TL goals.

OFF TOPIC: I returned to my TL goals yesterday. So far I've been through at least 500 fights and done at least 20 Hardcore Hitman, Championship, Winning Streak, and Thug Life goals. Lots of RP! :DHmm seems like everyone is doing thug life except me...I might as well do it since i haven't been doing anything in cc

Max Power
04-07-2012, 04:12 PM
What's wrong with robbing?

Robbing gets your respect points and cash, attacking gets you respect points and weapons drops. The weapons dropped are better than what the cash can buy. With free weapons you can use what cash you have for economy upgrades.

When I switched from robbing to fighting, I went from bottom third of my level to top 10% of my level in only about a dozen levels. Most people here have had the same experience, and it is especially true in the lower to mid-levels.

Santa
04-07-2012, 04:22 PM
Robbing gets your respect points and cash, attacking gets you respect points and weapons drops. The weapons dropped are better than what the cash can buy. With free weapons you can use what cash you have for economy upgrades.

When I switched from robbing to fighting, I went from bottom third of my level to top 10% of my level in only about a dozen levels. Most people here have had the same experience, and it is especially true in the lower to mid-levels.

Very true. Although you will level up faster, you will also get stronger. :]

J-Rizzi
04-07-2012, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the input about robbing vs attacking. It wasn't until I started attacking a few weeks ago did I realize how much respect points you can earn and loot drops you can get doing so. Since I am addicted to robbing, I've managed to split the stamina spent between the two. And I'll add that I don't get much cash from attacking because the people I can beat up know they are weak and have to bank their cash. I am trying not to level and build my economy, so robbing is better for that, but I do like getting stronger via loot and respect from attacking. Thanks again all.

iteachem
04-07-2012, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the input about robbing vs attacking. It wasn't until I started attacking a few weeks ago did I realize how much respect points you can earn and loot drops you can get doing so. Since I am addicted to robbing, I've managed to split the stamina spent between the two. And I'll add that I don't get much cash from attacking because the people I can beat up know they are weak and have to bank their cash. I am trying not to level and build my economy, so robbing is better for that, but I do like getting stronger via loot and respect from attacking. Thanks again all.

I tend to use a hybrid strategy of robbing only lofts and a few other high income buildings that have low xp but high money pay out... for the rest I attack..I love lofts for the respect points

G Wiz
04-08-2012, 12:27 AM
The dumbest thing I did before discovering the forum was playing CC...