PDA

View Full Version : Increased efficiency in Events

mac daddy
04-06-2012, 10:53 AM
I switched my approach to events and it's seem to have paid off thus far. At first, I always tried the "free" option and used my watch to keep track of time. Never got farther than five completed quests.

I now use Lab Timer... a free app that allows me to set up to 16 timers. Rarely miss since then. I haven't stayed up all night, but the timer is certainly loud enough for those of you that are interested.

Also, I now only use the cash option. Not too expensive, I can usually rob enough in five minutes or less.

Since then, I've hit the nine mark every time. Still haven't won the brass ring.

Not rocket science, but it's been useful for me. Interested in what others have used to maximize efficiency.

Santa
04-06-2012, 11:18 AM
My mini-guide to events:

Step 1: Set a goal. How many [insert event currency here]'s do you aim to receive? What equipment would make the event a personal "success"? Do you even want the final weapon?

Step 2: Decide on an opening method. Most people that are on the forums have above average economies. They can afford to blow some money on a "medium chance" open. Some people cannot. Evaluate your financial outlook (sounds a lot like real life, hehe) and make your decisions on that.

Step 3: Be efficient. Do not be over-efficient. Collecting on time is crucial in this game. In order to get your hood to produce income to its max potential, you need to COLLECT ON TIME. Same with the events. Open a [insert some sort of box/bag here] every hour. Set a time if you need to. Do whatever you need to make sure you remember to open a box every hour. But make sure you get enough sleep... :)

Step 4: Get lucky. What else can I say? This is based on luck. A medium chance open is NOT a 50% chance. IT IS NOT A 50% CHANCE. You need some efficiency + some luck to reach the prized number 10.

Step 5: Do not spend gold. Unless the reward is VERY VERY VERY important to you, DO NOT SPEND GOLD. Gold is better spent on buildings. In my opinion, the only reward worth spending gold on was the Emerald Burner. Some people have different goals for their game, though.

Step 6: Be happy with what you have. Funzio is essentially giving you the opportunity to get gold-weapon-equivalent items...FOR FREE. Be grateful. But don't spend gold. Hehehe.

So there you have it. I just wrote this without checking over it so some things might not make sense... :D

Luke 3457
04-06-2012, 03:05 PM
Yes Santa 100% agree !