PDA

View Full Version : Bad luck event!!!

Stucson
04-06-2012, 09:11 AM
Well I'm 0 for 1...no bigdeal...but I cant get boxes. Ive won 123 fights and gotten zero boxes from them. Ive gotten 3 boxes from PvE yet lost two boxes to attacks. Not a very fun event for being so short

Stucson
04-06-2012, 09:19 AM
YAY 125 fights yielded a box.....and then not able open and lost it to an attack. NO FUN!!!!!!!

dudeman
04-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Do some map jobs. Rivals have to have them on hand for you to steal them in fights or robberies. I got most of my boxes from a map job. One rival I fought did drop 5 boxes in 10 fights but he had lots of jobs done.

Jobs done is probably the best number to look at when you check rival stats if getting an event box is your goal. Rivals with more jobs done are more likely to have event boxes because they do lots of jobs.

mac daddy
04-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Well I'm 0 for 1...no bigdeal...but I cant get boxes. Ive won 123 fights and gotten zero boxes from them. Ive gotten 3 boxes from PvE yet lost two boxes to attacks. Not a very fun event for being so short

I burned two Stamina bars with no boxes. Finally got my first and now things seem to have loosened up. Stay with it.

Whoopdido1980
04-06-2012, 09:32 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about about getting boxes. It took me like a day to get more than a box or two last time and ended up with over 100 unopened boxes. They will start coming in bunches. I guarantee we'll all end up with 50 plus unopened boxes by the end.

Santa
04-06-2012, 09:36 AM
It's not how many boxes you have, it's how many you open. One box an hour... :(

Pekersss
04-06-2012, 09:42 AM
I'm 2/9 now with two pendants. My worst streak so far, but others seem to be doing well so power to them! You win some, you lose some.

Santa
04-06-2012, 09:43 AM
I have 2 pendants also. 5 fails though... :P

Pekersss
04-06-2012, 09:46 AM
Which opening option do you use, Santa? I almost always use the middle option.

sez
04-06-2012, 09:59 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about about getting boxes. It took me like a day to get more than a box or two last time and ended up with over 100 unopened boxes. They will start coming in bunches. I guarantee we'll all end up with 50 plus unopened boxes by the end.

I agree. Last night I couldnt get 1 at all but now I have 13. I have also lost 4-5 from attacks. At the end of the event you will have a bunch left.

Babytway
04-06-2012, 10:13 AM
i havent had much luck in opening boxes either, since it started i maybe opened 3 boxes and i have trried almost every hr. and all i got was a vehicle 12/9 forgot the name though

Mr BigBenga
04-06-2012, 10:21 AM
And me?!!?! i got 7 boxes and got ****ing 10 consecutives fails(medium option), wtf !! I opened only 1, at least with a pendant...

Pekersss
04-06-2012, 10:24 AM
i havent had much luck in opening boxes either, since it started i maybe opened 3 boxes and i have trried almost every hr. and all i got was a vehicle 12/9 forgot the name though

Yeah.. I'm 2/10 now. Two pendants.

Santa
04-06-2012, 10:34 AM
3 pendants!!!

Whoopdido1980
04-06-2012, 10:43 AM
And me?!!?! i got 7 boxes and got ****ing 10 consecutives fails(medium option), wtf !! I opened only 1, at least with a pendant...

Did you play the other 3 events? This is the 4th event now and every one has been exactly the same. I don't understand why people are expecting anything different. When it's all said and done, most players will end up with 5-7 pendants, assuming they make a fair amount of attempts. Only a very select few will end up with the grand prize and most likely it'll take gold to accomplish that. Of course, if Funzio did NOT increase the drop rate due to this being a shorter event, then even less people will get the grand prize and I'd say that most won't even get to 7.

k0de
04-06-2012, 10:53 AM
I cant get boxes. Ive won 123 fights and gotten zero boxes from them. Ive gotten 3 boxes from PvE yet lost two boxes to attacks.
You call it bad luck but there's a simple, logical explanation. At the start of an event, there just aren't that many boxes to go around. It's be reasonable to assume that maybe 1/4 of your opponents were asleep for the first few hours of the event. Some players will have dumped all their energy for just 1 or 2 boxes. There are also those who will spend gold to open-reset-open every box they can get their hands on. I'm sure that by this time tomorrow you'll have no problem getting your hands on boxes.

Pekersss
04-06-2012, 10:54 AM
I've gotten 7-9 the past three events. No worries, though. I spent a lot of time on the emerald burner event and got eight; the contraband I didn't go all out on and I got nine. Definitely random-ish.

Boom
04-06-2012, 10:56 AM
I have 3 diamond pendants but I mostly want respect....

Babytway
04-06-2012, 10:57 AM
ihave plenty of boxes thats not the problem. i never had a bad start where i have had only one successful open in about 15-16 tries

Ram
04-06-2012, 11:18 AM
I have 200 boxes!

i need muney
04-06-2012, 12:22 PM
You've angered the God of Boxes, prolly. Never had trouble getting boxes, just using all of my stamina and energy leaves me with 100-200 unopened boxes every time.

Babytway
04-06-2012, 12:27 PM
just tried again sorry luck next time, i must have angered someone. ive open almost every chance since it start only got the vehicle. Hopefully i will go 8 for 8 when i finally get one pendant

Chiefer
04-06-2012, 01:09 PM
I've pissed everyone off. 100% chance time every time, resetting timers. I stopped getting diamonds. Money can't buy love... What do I do? I really want the 10% upgrade but, Haven't I diminished my odds to the point of I wouldn't get it, regardless? I already have been last resorting the gold option since the beginning. I have more credits to turn into gold.

Fig Oni
04-06-2012, 01:15 PM
Did you play the other 3 events? This is the 4th event now and every one has been exactly the same. I don't understand why people are expecting anything different. When it's all said and done, most players will end up with 5-7 pendants, assuming they make a fair amount of attempts. Only a very select few will end up with the grand prize and most likely it'll take gold to accomplish that. Of course, if Funzio did NOT increase the drop rate due to this being a shorter event, then even less people will get the grand prize and I'd say that most won't even get to 7.

Disagree this is the most easiest event of the 4 so far.
in my opinion the emerald event was the worst load of peeps got burnt for gold.

Whoopdido1980
04-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Disagree this is the most easiest event of the 4 so far.
in my opinion the emerald event was the worst load of peeps got burnt for gold.

Again, a lot of people said the emerald event was easy at the start. Go back and read the first couple pages of that thread. A lot of predictions that many people would get the grand prize. Things turned negative later on. My guess is that the odds have been exactly the same for every event since the start.

Chiefer
04-06-2012, 02:13 PM
I'm at 8 all gold spent.

i need muney
04-07-2012, 12:11 AM
Already at 7. Cash only.

andre21
04-07-2012, 12:42 AM
Luck or fortunity is good fortune which occurs beyond one's control, without regard to one's will, intention, or desired result. There are at least two senses people usually mean when they use the term, the prescriptive sense and the descriptive sense. In the prescriptive sense, luck is the supernatural and deterministic concept that there is a force which prescribes that certain events occur very much the way the laws of physics will prescribe that certain events occur. It is the prescriptive sense that people mean when they state that they "do not believe in luck". In the descriptive sense, luck is merely a name we give to events after they occur which we find to be fortuitous.

Bransons Nantucket (http://bransonvacation.wordpress.com)

Chiefer
04-07-2012, 01:04 AM
Luck or fortunity is good fortune which occurs beyond one's control, without regard to one's will, intention, or desired result. There are at least two senses people usually mean when they use the term, the prescriptive sense and the descriptive sense. In the prescriptive sense, luck is the supernatural and deterministic concept that there is a force which prescribes that certain events occur very much the way the laws of physics will prescribe that certain events occur. It is the prescriptive sense that people mean when they state that they "do not believe in luck". In the descriptive sense, luck is merely a name we give to events after they occur which we find to be fortuitous.

Bransons Nantucket (http://bransonvacation.wordpress.com)

Getting an item when a computer is against you is luck. Getting a specific item as opposed to failing, or getting loot with diminished odd's is luck. You can be abstract but it's still luck.

k0de
04-07-2012, 02:48 AM
@Chiefer- do you realize you're talking to a spambot?

i need muney
04-07-2012, 03:32 AM
@Chiefer- do you realize you're talking to a spambot?
X)))))))))))))