PDA

View Full Version : When to sell off building?

mac daddy
04-06-2012, 07:53 AM
Another request aimed at the collective wisdom of the forum.

I'm at level 112... almost ready for the Pirate Tavern. I'm just about out of room and the next expansion for me is $3.6 million.

My higher pay-off building include:

2 MT (both level six)
2 Lofts (level three and six)
1 Upscale Club (level one)
2 Condos (level one)
1 Crematorium (level one)
2 Dominicans (level two and four)
1 Rock Cafe (level one)

I'm thinking of selling off a bunch of my level one buildings, which include:

2 barbershops
2 deli
1 clothing store
1 collection agency

What should I do? Sell them? Level them up? Go ahead and upgrade my hood? Any other buildings I should have (other than house, warehouse.. which I already have)??

Thanks for the input. You folks are terrific!

jobadass
04-06-2012, 07:56 AM
I still have a few of these too. I sold my clothing stores, and collection agencies months ago. They took up too much room for what they pay. I am thinking about selling my warehouses, theater, and history musuem, as well.

iteachem
04-06-2012, 07:57 AM
Have a similar question... so looking forward to tracking this one...

As for me I am considering selling buildings that don't match my collection schedule example dropping a low level clothing store since the 8 hours is not working.. want 12 hour multples

iteachem
04-06-2012, 07:58 AM
I still have a few of these too. I sold my clothing stores, and collection agencies months ago. They took up too much room for what they pay. I am thinking about selling my warehouses, theater, and history musuem, as well.

Collection agencies also are high value targets for respect ratio so I was thinking of ditching them to cut down on robbery attempts by respect harvesters

Nicholost
04-06-2012, 07:58 AM
There was an excellent thread written not too long ago about this subject. I'll see if I can dig it up.

EDIT: White Frog wrote it. It's a good read.
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22075-Selling-Lower-Level-Buildings

jobadass
04-06-2012, 07:59 AM
I just realized I still had an Electronics store. I collected the last $580 from it...it's gone.

rareay84
04-06-2012, 08:03 AM
I am a wet-behind-the-ears lvl 34 newbie, so take my thoughts for what they're worth. As I think about what to keep and what to ditch because of space limitations, I look at the maximum income per square per hour a building will generate when it's fully leveled up:

$550 Dominican Restaurant
$333 Movie Theater
$99 Collection Agency
$90 Barbershop
$46 Souvenir Store
$46 Arcade
$45 Tattoo Parlor
$39 Deli
$38 Diner
$35 History Museum
$34 Chinese Restaurant
$32 Gun Shop
$29 Electronics Store
$27 Pawn Shop
$25 Clothing Store
$21 Gas Station
$12 Warehouse
$10 Basketball Court

Yeah, it doesn't look good for the clothing store or deli. Even when they're at their best, they just don't produce that much income.

Dorian Gray
04-06-2012, 08:30 AM
I don't like selling any buildings. I have 152 buildings including my 50 gatlings and 13 missile turrets. My next expansion is 20 mil which I am 10 mil away from starting. One of my personal goals is to have a huge hood with a big variety of buildings though, other people might not care about such things.

Santa
04-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Sell the type A buildings from the early game when space is needed. Warehouses and Electronic Stores should be the first to go also.

mac daddy
04-06-2012, 08:53 AM
Sell the type A buildings from the early game when space is needed. Warehouses and Electronic Stores should be the first to go also.

Did I miss something? I thought the Warehouse and Electronic Stores were type B?

mac daddy
04-06-2012, 08:55 AM
I don't like selling any buildings. I have 152 buildings including my 50 gatlings and 13 missile turrets. My next expansion is 20 mil which I am 10 mil away from starting. One of my personal goals is to have a huge hood with a big variety of buildings though, other people might not care about such things.

You make a nice point. I know there was an earlier goal for building X number of buildings. Are there other similar goals? Should I wait until I've met the goal before selling off?

mac daddy
04-06-2012, 08:57 AM
There was an excellent thread written not too long ago about this subject. I'll see if I can dig it up.

EDIT: White Frog wrote it. It's a good read.
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22075-Selling-Lower-Level-Buildings

Thanks. Your Yoda-like input is usually spot on.

Dorian Gray
04-06-2012, 09:03 AM
You make a nice point. I know there was an earlier goal for building X number of buildings. Are there other similar goals? Should I wait until I've met the goal before selling off?

Well I'm not sure what triggers the 'build x number of buildings' goals, and the rewards for those probably aren't that great. So I guess it depends on how focused you are on completing the goals, goals like that don't concern me too much. I still have an arrow above my warehouse for the 'level it to 7' goal. lol

SevenO9
04-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Did I miss something? I thought the Warehouse and Electronic Stores were type B?

Hence the word "also" at the very end of his statement ...