PDA

View Full Version : Idea For New Event (Event With Teams)

Ghost818
04-06-2012, 04:09 AM
An idea for a new event, the participants would chose a team of 3 from their mafia, and it would be like an Easter Egg hunt concept, so forum friends would then have to add each other. In a case where players might not know or interact with each other, an alternative instead of you choosing your own team, the game could ask you which difficulty you want to participate in, then it would put you in a team with others who chose the same difficulty.

Each member of the team starts off with 1 note which leads them to a 2nd note which will lead them to the 3rd note and the last note would lead them to their 1st Key which unlocks the 1st Prize and repeat for the 2nd Key + 2nd Prize and repeat for a total of 3 Keys and 3 Prizes. Once each member has their 3 Keys they combine all 9 into 1 Master Key to unlock the Grand Prize. Like the quote we have heard before, the purpose of Gold is to replace time, and that means 1 note per day, can be purchased with gold, to replace the time to look for them, again for a reasonable amount. The Event would be hosted for a total of but not limited to 7 days. (You will see why look for blue writing)

Broken Down:
The notes that are found contain a clue leading that if followed or figured out, will lead them to the next clue, and after solving 3 notes(containing clues) they are given the 1st prize and the 1st key. Rinse repeat, as follows:

Note Set 1:
Note 1
Note 2
Note 3, Key 1

Unlocks Set 2:
Note 4
Note 5
Note 6, Key 2

Unlocks Set 3:
Note 7
Note 8
Note 9, Key 3

When all 3 members of the team collect all 3 Keys, Team Member 1's Keys(3) + Team Member 2's Keys(3) + Team Member 3's Keys(3) = 9 Keys Total, will have a button that says Merge Keys, or Combine Keys (like the other little details, Funzio can decide what is suitable) and will turn all 9 Keys into one Master Key which ultimately opens the Final, Grand Prize.

There would be three different categories: Novice, Intermediate, and Expert. The Novice hunt would be free to unlock and participate, the Intermediate would be unlocked with in game cash, the Expert with a reasonable amount of gold, for 3 people who are willing. The Intermediate and Expert would be a big lump sum that each member would contribute to.

An example for the Intermediate difficulties higher level players would be the buy in to be at (15M) respectively an estimated number, each person to contribute 5M. Same goes for the Expert, but the numbers are not my say that is solely up to Funzio. Once all 3 members submit their offering (cash or gold) the hunt would begin.

Note:Participants of the Novice hunt are not to expect the same reward as the Intermediate or Expert hunts, and Intermediate participants are not to expect the same reward as the Expert hunt. Also, the prizes and the Ultimate Reward at the end would be broken down by level brackets as follows like the current ongoing events, different levels see different loot for each item [1-20] [21-50] [51-80] [81+] and buy ins will be respectively bracketed also.

Example: If the ultimate reward for the Expert would be the current drop rate of loot would be increased by 30%, the Novice Hunt reward would be only 5% the Intermediate 15% the Expert as stated would be 30%.

Each team would decide which difficulty they want to participate in and come to an agreement. Crime City players would have to be notified of this event, a week prior to the start of this magnificent event every time the app is launched, so it would give them time have a chance to be with whoever they want, but there's a catch. If the team is already formed prior to the beginning of the event, and they are going to go with the cash method? Guess what...they can start 6 hours before the start of the event for the free participants...but hold on, if you are going to be using gold...you get to start 24 hours prior to the start of the event giving you 7 days+ 1.

Disclaimer: This would be a new concept of a group event and can profit both players and Funzio. I know this will make the developers jobs harder and I do apologize, but I think this has potential. All numbers including but not limited to "Team Members", "Notes", "Keys", "Prizes", "Days", "Buy Ins", "Loot", and "Percentages" OR any thing else the Devs find suitable are subject to change. This idea is Copyrighted ©, Service Marked℠, Trademarked™, Registered®, and Owned by Ghost Inc.©℠™®

Thank you for reading,
Ghost

reidos
04-06-2012, 04:14 AM
Looks like you've put a bit of thought into this, Ghost. Hope it gets considered :)

Ghost818
04-06-2012, 04:43 AM
Thanks Reidos, much appreciated.

Whoopdido1980
04-06-2012, 06:02 AM
This sounds like an idea for the few forum members that know each other to team up. What about the other 99.999% of players that don't know anyone else in the game? How would a bunch of complete strangers team up? Just post random messages on a bunch of walls until somebody says yes?

Ghost818
04-06-2012, 06:05 AM
I see where you are coming from, but take into consideration it is just a proposal that is in its baby stages, and if Funzio likes it they can turn my flawed version into a flawless one.

However in my opinion, it would give an opportunity for people to interact with their mafia, that is why they are given an announcement of the event and what they need 1-2 days earlier.

Ghost818
04-06-2012, 06:56 AM
This sounds like an idea for the few forum members that know each other to team up. What about the other 99.999% of players that don't know anyone else in the game? How would a bunch of complete strangers team up? Just post random messages on a bunch of walls until somebody says yes?
That was a good point, I thought about it and realized you are right because I used myself as an example when I shouldn't have. However I did come up with an alternative. Is it to your liking?

Boom
04-06-2012, 07:03 AM
Why not put in the Friday feedback day? :)

Ghost818
04-06-2012, 07:17 AM
Why not put in the Friday feedback day? :)
Just did, thanks for the advice Boom.

enahs1
04-06-2012, 07:22 AM
I love this idea but I would have to be in the free group since I don't pay for gold and I will never have 5,000,000 saved up... Maybe a 4th group could be included. This group would have to raise 1 million dollars.

Whoopdido1980
04-06-2012, 07:31 AM
That was a good point, I thought about it and realized you are right because I used myself as an example when I shouldn't have. However I did come up with an alternative. Is it to your liking?

By the way...sorry if it sounded like I was ripping on your idea. It actually sounds cool. I was just thinking that most players don't know other players.

Personally, I think your new idea that you just posted in the feedback thread sounds great. I like the team idea as it's an aspect that Crime City hasn't gone into yet. It gives those players that have reached out to other players and know each other a slight advantage but not a HUGE one and it easily allows other players to just be put onto a team randomly. Plus, since you actually have to pay to participate there shouldn't be any chance that your random team members would be duds because why pay to participate in something if you're not actually going to participate?

I like this idea very much and it would be something different as far as events go. Even though the overall idea is similar, at least it would be something at least slightly different and not just another lockbox/wall safe/boss bag/bank box event that's exactly the same.

Whoopdido1980
04-06-2012, 07:34 AM
I love this idea but I would have to be in the free group since I don't pay for gold and I will never have 5,000,000 saved up... Maybe a 4th group could be included. This group would have to raise 1 million dollars.

Maybe it could be based on level or income. I mean for players with a high income, $5 million really isn't that big of a deal. It depends on whether this event should be "hard sell" or not. If the items are going to be really good, then it should be a big deal to buy in. Maybe a week's worth of income. Obviously that amount will vary greatly depending on what your income level is at, but $5 million is nothing for somebody that's making $500K/hr. However, for somebody making $50K/hr, that's a huge investment.

So, give us a week's notice and then we can decide if we want to save up for a week or skip it.

Ghost818
04-06-2012, 07:59 AM
Maybe it could be based on level or income. I mean for players with a high income, $5 million really isn't that big of a deal. It depends on whether this event should be "hard sell" or not. If the items are going to be really good, then it should be a big deal to buy in. Maybe a week's worth of income. Obviously that amount will vary greatly depending on what your income level is at, but $5 million is nothing for somebody that's making $500K/hr. However, for somebody making $50K/hr, that's a huge investment.

So, give us a week's notice and then we can decide if we want to save up for a week or skip it.
Once again, thank you for your positive feedback, note that the 5M/15M was just an estimated guess to what might be required at my level just as an example, in the disclaimer I gave them the right to make changes to the numbers, amounts etc.

iteachem
04-06-2012, 08:36 AM
As a newer to the forum member I am all in favor of anything that makes this game more collaborative. My interest and investment in time and probably money has increased dramatically with my membership in the forum and being able to do that in game to some degree is a missing component I would like to see added.

IMO missions are well just clicking..nothing to difficult about.... but this idea is a whole new level of strategy and I would love to see this game morph in that direction. Not sure I want a full mmorpg, but in the history of gaming great games died from lack of change.. growing stagnant is backsliding

One proposal.. categories could be something like Bosses, Underbosses etc.. or some other mafia like hierarchy...

iteachem
04-06-2012, 08:38 AM
As a newer to the forum member I am all in favor of anything that makes this game more collaborative. My interest and investment in time and probably money has increased dramatically with my membership in the forum and being able to do that in game to some degree is a missing component I would like to see added.

IMO missions are well just clicking..nothing to difficult about.... but this idea is a whole new level of strategy and I would love to see this game morph in that direction. Not sure I want a full mmorpg, but in the history of gaming great games died from lack of change.. growing stagnant is backsliding

One proposal.. categories could be something like Bosses, Underbosses etc.. or some other mafia like hierarchy...

even this current event is really solo and the only collaborative nature about it is the forum threads.. Now imagine the possibilities if we were teaming on this....

Jill
04-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Ghost, thanks for the amount of time your put into this and I support the concept 100%.
Be really cool to have a team and do task to win a reward.... super idea

Ghost818
04-06-2012, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the kind words Jill, @teach, IMO this is the easiest event yet, just hit my 5th, i got 5 open 6 fails all pendants.

enahs1
04-06-2012, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the kind words Jill, @teach, IMO this is the easiest event yet, just hit my 5th, i got 5 open 6 fails all pendants.
Lucky I am 50%. 3 out of 6. I have 3 pendants. Some people have all the luck in this event.

Whoopdido1980
04-06-2012, 10:17 AM

I wouldn't count your chickens just yet. I seem to remember all kinds of people saying how easy the last event was and how MANY people would end up with the Pathfinder. I don't think it turned out quite like that.

Nicholost
04-06-2012, 11:53 AM
I love the idea of an event that is based off teamwork. IMO, teamwork or the feeling of actually being part of, well, a mafia is completely absent from Crime City.

I particularly like the idea of a small group for an event rather than a large one. In a small group, each member will have a more significant stake in the outcome and a stronger feeling of contribution to the team. Likewise, the pressure to perform and contribute will be higher; there are no free rides.

One thing I am failing to understand in the significance of the notes. Each player starts out with a note, but what does the note contain? A clue? I'm a little fuzzy here, but I picture the actual game-play like a team scavenger hunt. Each member have a clue (note) that gives a hint at some other mission. The team collectively decides what the mission/goal is for each of their notes, then each member completes their own mission/goal. Upon completion, another clue (note) is dropped. Once the team has completed a series of missions/goals/collected enough notes, a key is dropped.

If that is what you intended, Ghost, that is a pretty sweet idea. It encourages team-play for two reasons: you cannot progress until your teammates have progressed as well, and you are stronger and more likely to figure out the clues (notes) as a team than individually. Since every mission, goal, and person in the game is named the uniquely, a scavenger hunt makes a lot of sense.

Ghost818
04-06-2012, 03:58 PM
I love the idea of an event that is based off teamwork. IMO, teamwork or the feeling of actually being part of, well, a mafia is completely absent from Crime City.

I particularly like the idea of a small group for an event rather than a large one. In a small group, each member will have a more significant stake in the outcome and a stronger feeling of contribution to the team. Likewise, the pressure to perform and contribute will be higher; there are no free rides.

One thing I am failing to understand in the significance of the notes. Each player starts out with a note, but what does the note contain? A clue? I'm a little fuzzy here, but I picture the actual game-play like a team scavenger hunt. Each member have a clue (note) that gives a hint at some other mission. The team collectively decides what the mission/goal is for each of their notes, then each member completes their own mission/goal. Upon completion, another clue (note) is dropped. Once the team has completed a series of missions/goals/collected enough notes, a key is dropped.

If that is what you intended, Ghost, that is a pretty sweet idea. It encourages team-play for two reasons: you cannot progress until your teammates have progressed as well, and you are stronger and more likely to figure out the clues (notes) as a team than individually. Since every mission, goal, and person in the game is named the uniquely, a scavenger hunt makes a lot of sense.

Yes, the notes that are found contain a clue leading that if followed or figured out, will lead them to the next clue, and after solving 3 notes(containing clues) they are given the 1st prize and the 1st key. Rinse repeat, as follows:

Note Set 1:
Note 1
Note 2
Note 3, Key 1

Unlocks Set 2:
Note 4
Note 5
Note 6, Key 2

Unlocks Set 4:
Note 7
Note 8
Note 9, Key 3

When all 3 members of the team collect all 3 Keys, Team Member 1's Keys(3) + Team Member 2's Keys(3) + Team Member 3's Keys(3) = 9 Keys Total, will have a button that says Merge Keys, or Combine Keys (like the other little details, Funzio can decide what is suitable) and will turn all 9 Keys into one Master Key which ultimately opens the Final, Grand Prize.

Fricco
04-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Ghost, very thoughtful idea.
would these notes be considered questing or mini a quest,
something similar to GT Auto ?

Ghost818
04-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Ghost, very thoughtful idea.
would these notes be considered questing or mini a quest,
something similar to GT Auto ?

Finding each Note, can be considered a mini quest if you want to call it that. I dont want to compare it to other games, because we are not allowed to talk about them, but think of the concept as a scavenger hunt, you find a series of clues which leads to the next which eventually lead to an ultimate prize.

G Wiz
04-06-2012, 05:23 PM
This deserves to be the next big thing bro...Good job jere ghost!

Ghost818
04-06-2012, 08:42 PM
This deserves to be the next big thing bro...Good job jere ghost!
Thanks bro, I hope CCM or L Fizzle will look at this soon O.o.

xclusiv
04-06-2012, 08:49 PM
great stuff

Ghost818
04-07-2012, 06:33 AM
Thanks for the support everyone, hope to hear from the rest of the forum crew including CCM and L Fizzle!

Ghost818
04-07-2012, 01:52 PM
Bump, what do you guys think of this?

QPR
04-07-2012, 02:30 PM
Some people have too much time on their hands.

Ghost818
04-07-2012, 06:20 PM
You are entitled to your own opinion, that is your right. Now does someone actually have something to contribute?

Burn
04-08-2012, 05:22 AM
Like this idea muchly - but surely would need a pretty significant chunk of new code to be written? So Funzio would need to like it a hell of a lot in order to commit to doing that?

Ghost818
04-08-2012, 05:33 AM
Like this idea muchly - but surely would need a pretty significant chunk of new code to be written? So Funzio would need to like it a hell of a lot in order to commit to doing that?

I did apologize you know, "Nothing changes unless you make it change" is my POV lately, I do think it has potential, like I said, if Funzio does like it even a bit, they can tweak it or change it however they want, as long as they hear this out.

iteachem
04-08-2012, 09:34 AM

Totally agree that this would be a great addition to this game...

I am not a coder or anything do I have no idea of how much work this would take from funzio, but from a player perspective, they need to give me something that will keep me playing long term and tempt me to spend money on this game. I like the events, but honestly how soon will I tire of just hitting button once an hour. They have done a good job of creating a bunch of Pavlovian players who drool at each new weapon....

However, I don't think this will last long term, and I believe any good game developer knows this and is actively looking to keep it fresh and pull in more traffic. Adapt of die....

I already see a lot of hoods where it's obvious the players put in a lot of time but no longer play...that is a financial hit for funzio, and if they don't keep the game fresh, minor bleeding will become hemoraging when some new app developer comes along with the next best thing..

A change to a more social aspect, teams, whatever seems to be a logical evolution to the current game, and despite the coding work it will take I think the reward outweighs the risk, and I look forward to how funzio responds to ghosts idea.

Nice work ghost..would

Ghost818
04-09-2012, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the feedback teach.

Dr_GeoFry
08-24-2012, 11:18 PM
I feel like I get overlooked a lot in this game. I'm level 32 or something, I make 500+K ph, and I have okay stars and weapons. I feel like if I leveled up, I'd get smashed because so many upper level players are said to be buying gold or cheating etc. I wish they'd do something like a hardest to kill tourney or a best of the level 30s 40s, 50 etc and as long as you maintained that king status, the game paid a tribute to those players. I don't know, it just seems like all the spoils shouldn't go to ppl buying gold

Dudebot121256
08-24-2012, 11:27 PM
An idea for a new event, the participants would chose a team of 3 from their mafia, and it would be like an Easter Egg hunt concept, so forum friends would then have to add each other. In a case where players might not know or interact with each other, an alternative instead of you choosing your own team, the game could ask you which difficulty you want to participate in, then it would put you in a team with others who chose the same difficulty.

Each member of the team starts off with 1 note which leads them to a 2nd note which will lead them to the 3rd note and the last note would lead them to their 1st Key which unlocks the 1st Prize and repeat for the 2nd Key + 2nd Prize and repeat for a total of 3 Keys and 3 Prizes. Once each member has their 3 Keys they combine all 9 into 1 Master Key to unlock the Grand Prize. Like the quote we have heard before, the purpose of Gold is to replace time, and that means 1 note per day, can be purchased with gold, to replace the time to look for them, again for a reasonable amount. The Event would be hosted for a total of but not limited to 7 days. (You will see why look for blue writing)

Broken Down:
The notes that are found contain a clue leading that if followed or figured out, will lead them to the next clue, and after solving 3 notes(containing clues) they are given the 1st prize and the 1st key. Rinse repeat, as follows:

Note Set 1:
Note 1
Note 2
Note 3, Key 1

Unlocks Set 2:
Note 4
Note 5
Note 6, Key 2

Unlocks Set 3:
Note 7
Note 8
Note 9, Key 3

There would be three different categories: Novice, Intermediate, and Expert. The Novice hunt would be free to unlock and participate, the Intermediate would be unlocked with in game cash, the Expert with a reasonable amount of gold, for 3 people who are willing. The Intermediate and Expert would be a big lump sum that each member would contribute to.

An example for the Intermediate difficulties higher level players would be the buy in to be at (15M) respectively an estimated number, each person to contribute 5M. Same goes for the Expert, but the numbers are not my say that is solely up to Funzio. Once all 3 members submit their offering (cash or gold) the hunt would begin.

Note:Participants of the Novice hunt are not to expect the same reward as the Intermediate or Expert hunts, and Intermediate participants are not to expect the same reward as the Expert hunt. Also, the prizes and the Ultimate Reward at the end would be broken down by level brackets as follows like the current ongoing events, different levels see different loot for each item [1-20] [21-50] [51-80] [81+] and buy ins will be respectively bracketed also.

Example: If the ultimate reward for the Expert would be the current drop rate of loot would be increased by 30%, the Novice Hunt reward would be only 5% the Intermediate 15% the Expert as stated would be 30%.

Each team would decide which difficulty they want to participate in and come to an agreement. Crime City players would have to be notified of this event, a week prior to the start of this magnificent event every time the app is launched, so it would give them time have a chance to be with whoever they want, but there's a catch. If the team is already formed prior to the beginning of the event, and they are going to go with the cash method? Guess what...they can start 6 hours before the start of the event for the free participants...but hold on, if you are going to be using gold...you get to start 24 hours prior to the start of the event giving you 7 days+ 1.

Disclaimer: This would be a new concept of a group event and can profit both players and Funzio. I know this will make the developers jobs harder and I do apologize, but I think this has potential. All numbers including but not limited to "Team Members", "Notes", "Keys", "Prizes", "Days", "Buy Ins", "Loot", and "Percentages" OR any thing else the Devs find suitable are subject to change. This idea is Copyrighted ©, Service Marked℠, Trademarked™, Registered®, and Owned by Ghost Inc.©℠™®

Thank you for reading,
Ghost
I like the idea, Ghost. Nice job

Daniel2115
08-24-2012, 11:30 PM
I feel like I get overlooked a lot in this game. I'm level 32 or something, I make 500+K ph, and I have okay stars and weapons. I feel like if I leveled up, I'd get smashed because so many upper level players are said to be buying gold or cheating etc. I wish they'd do something like a hardest to kill tourney or a best of the level 30s 40s, 50 etc and as long as you maintained that king status, the game paid a tribute to those players. I don't know, it just seems like all the spoils shouldn't go to ppl buying gold

If it wasn't for people buying gold you wouldn't be playing this game. The point of the game isn't to stay down at level 30 forever so why would they reward people for it

Dudebot121256
08-24-2012, 11:34 PM
Wow, I'm level 34 and I only make 2.5k ph. I sense I'm doing something wrong :P

_dan_
08-24-2012, 11:42 PM
too complicated and the prize is still reserved for gold players.

Nothing new, just simple make another event or boss fight, less work for developers, funzio still earn a lot of money and prizes still for gold players.

Dr_GeoFry
08-25-2012, 11:41 AM
I understand all that, I'm just saying that if this was real life, I'd be part of the strongest mafia in NYC. I'm a good earner, I'm impossible to kill, and I'm also a pretty good soldier. And the people who are like 5 or 6 time farther in the game are only doing well because of the gold purchases. There should be some kind of leveling of this gap. I was saying they should create mob invitations based on your characters standing for their level. In other words if the best gang was the Genevese, you should get an invite if you are one best players for your level.

Ghost818
08-25-2012, 06:24 PM
I don't get what the necro was for. No offense of course but I don't get it.

@Dan- this was a very old idea I had it was even before the leaderboard events.

I liked the team/scavenger hunt idea but it was never taken into consideration.