PDA

View Full Version : Why so much much unused space in hood?

Whoopdido1980
04-06-2012, 12:06 AM
So as I'm traveling around to different hoods, every now and then I'll come across some that have HUGE amounts of unused space. The players have obviously done numerous expansions but 80% of their hood is unused. What are they waiting for? Why don't they build stuff? If they don't want to spend money on buildings then why did they waste all their money expanding?

I've hardly expanded at all. I've only expanded as I've needed to. I'm getting pretty close to maximum capacity and will have to start expanding soon but I'll only expand as much as I need to so I can build what I want.

TenderPlacebo
04-06-2012, 06:16 AM
The only thing I can think of is they were getting robbed a lot. They sold off the buildings because they might of had a serial robber; someone who just wouldnt leave them alone.
I too have seen these hoods and I would rather lose 40% then get nothing at all.

dudeman
04-06-2012, 06:22 AM
I once did several expansions in a row just because I could afford it. Half my hood was unused.

That's getting close to filling up, so the other day I started my $5M expansion and it'll be done today.

One of the reasons I like to have extra space is it gives me a holding space for when I want to move stuff around.

kaz
04-06-2012, 06:24 AM
I once did several expansions in a row just because I could afford it. Half my hood was unused.

That's getting close to filling up, so the other day I started my $5M expansion and it'll be done today.

One of the reasons I like to have extra space is it gives me a holding space for when I want to move stuff around.
Same reason in my hood :)

kimberleyj
04-06-2012, 06:47 AM
You get given goals to make your hood bigger so that could be another reason.

Dorian Gray
04-06-2012, 08:10 AM
Are you on CC HD? I think there's a glitch where you cant see decorations on CC HD. Or did they fix that? Maybe those spaces have decorations?

dudeman
04-06-2012, 08:22 AM
Are you on CC HD? I think there's a glitch where you cant see decorations on CC HD. Or did they fix that? Maybe those spaces have decorations?

That's another good point. I still only see my own decorations in CCHD and rival hoods contain nothing but buildings and empty spaces.