PDA

View Full Version : Day 7 of the Rat Wars

Burn
04-05-2012, 11:49 PM
"Let us, therefore, brace ourselves to our duties and so bear ourselves, that if this Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say "This was their finest hour".

Obvious big news today is a report that one of the existing crews, The Indians, who include some of the games highest stat players, have all collectively dropped to 499.

Stay tuned to this and the Day 6 thread for updates on this.

Sadly this also means we lose Koralene, who rightfully has had to remain loyal to her original crew. Thx for the efforts you put in prior to this K.

Anyone else that thinks this change has made Rat Catching too risky a pursuit is welcomed to hang up their boots - this was meant to be a fun way to prove that by acting as a group we had the strength to change the very dynamics of the game - we achieved that in spades. No player crew or coalition has ever made such an impact, so quickly. You should be immensely proud of that.

Rat Catchers, I salute each and every one of you.

Ram
04-05-2012, 11:54 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/64nofs.png

I will use my new gun to exterminate the ratz!

FatDaz
04-06-2012, 12:15 AM
This is the first time I have seen the game changed by the players, Rat Catching was far reaching and for me and reading the forum a large number found it very good fun, even moreso than recent box events which are now becoming lac-luster with the same old formula.
I'm not spending a penny on this event but if it took gold to play Rat Catching I'd be broke now!
A new comradery is apparent and I for one will not forgot those that stood forward.
Fellow Rat Catchers....I salute you

Burn
04-06-2012, 12:36 AM
Can't help but think this an awful decision by the Indians, and I bet there are plenty of their crew that agree.

Affiliating with the Rat Catchers would have cemented the Indians position as the most righteous of the top-end crews, certainly it would have secured them the moral high ground. Presumably it would also have served them well as regards future recruitment.

Poor poor decision.

NotsoFunzio
04-06-2012, 03:10 AM
I'm an Indian and I dropped 7 days ago.........

Burn
04-06-2012, 03:14 AM
I'm an Indian and I dropped 7 days ago.........

You are a plum, and the only thing that dropped 7 days ago was your one testicle.

Shoes
04-06-2012, 03:27 AM
Burn deserves big kudos for making public the 499ers attempts to hide behind the system. I am attacked all day long by my rivals 499 and above. So Indians please visit me! Honestly I dont care about being robbed as I am earning 3m + a day from robbing and could happily sell my hood and live off robbing but I feel it adds excitement and tension back to the game to be robbed and rob back! Today I was robbed by a well know member of the forum who is way higher than me in stats and while he was getting 0 from my empty buildings and left with nothing I helped myself to his hood and walked away with 100k... whoops!

koralene
04-06-2012, 03:31 AM
Please see Xenoke's post on the other thread. :)

koralene
04-06-2012, 03:35 AM
We dropped down to 499 as we don't get along with a certain individual in your cause. He has slandered all indians over and over again. Made fake accounts with attempt at causing problems amongst us and then come back claiming he didn't do it and trying to be a peace keeper. Until he is no longer involved, we have no choice but to not get involved and stay at 499.

kimberleyj
04-06-2012, 03:46 AM
We dropped down to 499 as we don't get along with a certain individual in your cause. He has slandered all indians over and over again. Made fake accounts with attempt at causing problems amongst us and then come back claiming he didn't do it and trying to be a peace keeper. Until he is no longer involved, we have no choice but to not get involved and stay at 499.
Yes they did have a choice everyone has a choice in life. Like the Indians choice is to drop a mafia based on the fact that they hate just 1 person from the rat catchers instead of taking the high road you choice to do this. Well if I ever get high enough stats And was asked I would never join the Indian crew not after this. Btw this isn't attacked at you because you did a great job with us.

reidos
04-06-2012, 03:47 AM
kimberleys right

Burn
04-06-2012, 03:47 AM
Koralene, sorry but the reason given is nonsense.

Rat Catching is a movement that has caught the imagination of players of all levels, and hundreds have played a part in it.

And you'd flush that all away because of one person who is using this as a way of getting to the Indians?

You don't change sides in a war because of one spy. You hunt the spy down and deal with him as the individual that he is?

*wanders off shaking head*

kimberleyj
04-06-2012, 03:58 AM
I am gonna still stick to attacking 499 ers ,I think seen as I heard what has happened it makes me want to attack the 499 more than before.

koralene
04-06-2012, 03:58 AM
This isn't personal... please don't take it that way. My loyalties lie with the indians.

He isn't a nice guy. He set up an account and stalked me saying loads of crap then came in pretending to get rid of this person. Also has a fake noodles account going around trying to get him banned. This isn't the behaviour of an individual we want to be involved in. Everything he touches turns to a war.

kimberleyj
04-06-2012, 04:13 AM
All i hear is "So these indian's have tried to ruin our protest against the 499ers because of one person". We didn't force the Indians to join us but they could at least support us by not getting involved. If you hated this person so much why not just attack him instead of everyone else?. If he is upsetting you block him and report him .

noodles
04-06-2012, 04:34 AM
First of all i'm not a rat. This is a pvp game that let's everybody play in their own style. There is no set way of playing. People put restrictions on who u can atk, what level ur not suppose to atk etc. Whichever way u see it, ur systemically atking ppl that are 499. Well I was systemically atking certain ppl, and they call that bullying. Ur right that it's not fair that ppl are hiding behind 499, but there are a lot of things that aren't fair. It's not fair for the ppl that can't farm the m4's or double deckers that just started playing, or ppl that don't read the forums. But that's how it is..just gotta move on. Ur taking this personal when u should just continue to do what u have to do. I only play this game for one reason, pvp. Ppl complain I have a crappy hood, I don't have this, I don't do that, etc. But I don't care. All I wanted to do was reach 200 without having a strong economy. Now a lot of the ppl on the forums is starting to have fun b/c they're involved in a cause, which is a great thing. We're suppose to have fun playing. But ppl might not agree with how I play, just like ppl might not agree with ur cause. Anyway I'm 499 and I don't wanna go back and forth on the forums, do what u gotta do b/c I fight back. Anybody that doesn't like that can also bring it..Let's play ball. But let's get one thing clear, we're not fcuken rats.

doomnosee
04-06-2012, 04:40 AM
so the rat catchers tell everyone who is lower level than them that 'hiding' behind 499 is cowardly, but as soon as the very highest level players go to 499 then the rat catcher movement suddenly stops? how brave and principled! also wondering how you are keeping track of all the 'converts' you told you won't attack as soon as they go to 500.

anyway, rat catcher messages on my wall seem to have stopped now, so this seems to be a good time to add that 500th mafia member. i've sent an invite to my favourite and most sporting rat catcher jkl :-)

Max Power
04-06-2012, 04:44 AM
The reasons given by the Indians for dropping to 499 are like a comical non-sequitar. It's like they are not even related.

Saying "I had pasta for lunch today, so I bought a new Buick" has as strong a causation as their reasoning. Retarded would be flattery.

Honestly, I always kinda liked the Indians and thought if I ever get to that level and have to choose, I would go with them. But now I see they are a lot stronger than smart. I guess that's OK in a crime game.

Max Power
04-06-2012, 04:46 AM
so the rat catchers tell everyone who is lower level than them that 'hiding' behind 499 is cowardly, but as soon as the very highest level players go to 499 then the rat catcher movement suddenly stops? how brave and principled! also wondering how you are keeping track of all the 'converts' you told you won't attack as soon as they go to 500.

The Indians were never a big part of this movement, nor anyone at that level. These people have stats so high respect weapons don't even mean anything. This is barely a blip on the Rat Catchers radar, from a pure volume standpoint.

Burn
04-06-2012, 04:52 AM
Doomnosee, go rummage through a bin for a rat snack ;)

It isn't even clear what exactly is going on here yet, so no-one has made any decisions about anything.

What is clear is that if the Indians are dropping, but not attacking Rat Catchers, and still hitting on 499 rats, then that is a whole different thing, and the number then is indeed irrelevant.

There is only one aim here, to get those Rats that hide behind 499, so they can complete Thug Lifes in the hope that 499 stops them from getting hit back, to level up to 500.

However you try to spin it Doomnosee, the Indians simply do no fit into the above category.

doomnosee
04-06-2012, 04:57 AM
still interested whether and how you will all keep your promises to stop attacking those who convert from 499 to 500.

helpme
04-06-2012, 04:57 AM
BRUNS: Respect to you - you created the first real CC movement by the "people" . The next step would be to call for " Occupy Crime City" and have everybody drop to 499. Then finally Funzio will have to address this. IMHO

Burn
04-06-2012, 05:09 AM
I don't think Funzio would care if we all dropped :(

That was kinda why this whole 'affirmative action' thing got started.

kimberleyj
04-06-2012, 05:19 AM
I don't think Funzio would care if we all dropped :(

That was kinda why this whole 'affirmative action' thing got started.
You never know until you try it, what is the worse that could happen?.

cyt
04-06-2012, 06:50 AM
Since this thread follows the progress of your holy crusade against free will, let me participate by saying that I still haven't received either enough beatings by stronger players or one good argument which will convince me to get back to 500.
Also, I'm still convinced that your actions will change nothing. Unless a majority of the player base drops to 499 which could prompt a reaction from funzio.

k0de
04-06-2012, 07:16 AM
still interested whether and how you will all keep your promises to stop attacking those who convert from 499 to 500.
Personally, I never proposed such an arrangement. If I make an agreement not to attack reformed rats, why would I even care that they were fo-ni in the first place? If I had no intention of attacking them above 500, there's no way I'd go to the trouble of attacking them below that mark. I think you misunderstand our terms- players with 500+ will not be targeted for robberies and attacks by Rat Catchers. However, full immunity from attacks/robberies as they would occur in regular gameplay was never on the table. It's still business as usual- you get a ten-count, you lose $0, your Clothing Store gets robbed... whatever.
In short, you appear on the rivals list as an opponent, rather than as a target. That's all.

Burn
04-06-2012, 08:39 AM
^^
What k0de said

Ram
04-06-2012, 11:16 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/344zkms.png

Should I butcher them with my new deadly cutter?

k0de
04-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Pffft... lame. They call that spam? Try being a Rat Catcher for a day! I copped more abuse in one day today than I'd had for the rest of my playing time combined.

Vile Lynn
04-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Wow... so... Did I get that right? Is Funzio is banning Rat Catchers, or at least jkl, for spaming his rat message?
That hurts. I know, talking about bans is ban-able, sorry, but I guess what happened to jkl can be seen as a warning, was that the point of jkl wanting Joey to post above?

Which sorta leads me to my question about the wall and deleting messages from friends, but I'll post that Q in a new thread since it doesn't really have much to do with the rat catchers.

Burn
04-06-2012, 11:36 AM
JKL is not banned.

His account was temporarily suspended because a Rat went squealing to Funzio.

Thankfully he is back online, he left a message on my wall earlier.

Amber_
04-06-2012, 02:06 PM
I don't give a F--K if some gang decides to be rats. I'm going after every rat I can! The reason for why they dropped to 499 is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
Come on guys if funzio doesn't do anything about it, we're gonna have to do it ourselves!

Vile Lynn
04-06-2012, 02:33 PM
JKL is not banned.

His account was temporarily suspended because a Rat went squealing to Funzio.

Thankfully he is back online, he left a message on my wall earlier.

Yeah, but I would hate even a suspension! I'm surprise that Funzio took action since they have changed the walls to block spammers. Anyways, I've never been spammed or have never spammed anyone.

The RC messages I have seen are alright, just explaining why they rob/attack, no big deal. If you guys lose an attack or robbery, what do you post? Ask them to convert? Join the cause? Or post nothing? Just curious.

Burn
04-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Nice 1st post. Welcome to the forums.

kimberleyj
04-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Rat catchers should be banned for stupidity alone. I love how everyone is on here acting like they made a difference when i see even LESS 500's every single day. I mean, why are you guys trying to convince yourselves otherwise? Anytime I let myself slip up to 500 members I get attacked 10x as much as the pitiful 2-3 attacks a day I get from you kids. Stop pretending you're not wasting your time and play the game!
That is because we have made a difference, alot of them have contacted us asking to be added so they can get 500 mafia. Well I see less 499ers on my rival list ,last week I had nearly a whole page of the 499ers but now the is only a couple a page. Saying every rat Catcher should be banned is just such a silly comment and you calling us stupid are you for real lol. Why are you so scared of being attacked on an online game?.

jobadass
04-06-2012, 03:09 PM
That is because we have made a difference, alot of them have contacted us asking to be added so they can get 500 mafia. Well I see less 499ers on my rival list ,last week I had nearly a whole page of the 499ers but now the is only a couple a page. Saying every rat Catcher should be banned is just such a silly comment and you calling us stupid are you for real lol. Why are you so scared of being attacked on an online game?.
I se far less 499 and below. I almost have to hunt them. It's not uncommon to have to refresh my rival list at least twice before I find one. Then it's usually some guy that's obviously not interested in TL anyway (horrible A&D), so I just leave him alone.

Joeycool
04-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Yeah... JKL is one of the big hitting Rat Catchers... so he would post a lot of times on peoples walls.

From now on I would just post one time on peoples walls. Or we may get a ban too!

Vile Lynn
04-06-2012, 03:18 PM
I think Funzio has tweaked the rivals list... Which they often do without saying a thing... We've all experience it at some point... But, i think Funzio changed the rivals list so players with 500 are mostly on the list or 500s see 500s.
It seems like you are making a difference, but it is really specious reasoning.

jobadass
04-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Yeah... JKL is one of the big hitting Rat Catchers... so he would post a lot of times on peoples walls.

From now on I would just post one time on peoples walls. Or we may get a ban too!
OK, well Funzio has been too quiet on this. I've had 499ers pounding my wall. Should I start opening tickets? LFizz hasn't spoken a word about it (that I've seen) for weeks, and all she said was something like,"I hear you guys and I'm taking it to the team."
Welllllll?

Joeycool
04-06-2012, 03:22 PM
If you wanted to kick up a fuss about it you could report every one and see what comes back?

I myself couldnt care less who posts what on my wall. It reads like a badge of honour!

jobadass
04-06-2012, 03:25 PM
I find it funny too. I save a lot of hate speech to give my friends laughs.

kimberleyj
04-06-2012, 03:36 PM
OK, well Funzio has been too quiet on this. I've had 499ers pounding my wall. Should I start opening tickets? LFizz hasn't spoken a word about it (that I've seen) for weeks, and all she said was something like,"I hear you guys and I'm taking it to the team."
Welllllll?
I agree I have never seen any rat catchers doing anythink wrong yet he has got in to trouble for it. I have heard about so many rude messages from the 499ers like calling some ones mother names , telling some one they hope they get a sexual disease and also someone else saying that they hope that the person would die. I bet none of them got in trouble. Why does the seem to be different rules for different people?. I am shocked because customer services has always been really good.

Joeycool
04-06-2012, 03:41 PM
@Kimberlyj

You are on the side of the good guys. What do you expect but foul messages from a 499 rat coward?

Fricco
04-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Sometimes something is so stupid that you just gotta say something. I hope you guys are successful because it's getting ridiculously hard to complete those missions with the ever-growing lists of 499s.
so you are aware that it makes completing TL hard because of the 499'ers but you are one yourself....
Way to contribute to the cause...

Joeycool
04-06-2012, 04:21 PM
So thats my week of Rat Wars done. My first tour of duty over.

Notably xclusive never followed through with his promise of buying a whole host of gold and coming after me. Dont know if he went after Max?

Going to concentrate on my TL goals now.

For those of you who fought with me against the cowards, I'm not going to name names, you know who you are... Thanks and well done. Heads high!

I suspect I get complete my TL in a less week. Then I will be back in the war.

Burn... this was a great idea. Well done to you sir.

I will return.

skorpio696
04-06-2012, 07:53 PM
This isn't personal... please don't take it that way. My loyalties lie with the indians.He isn't a nice guy. He set up an account and stalked me saying loads of crap then came in pretending to get rid of this person. Also has a fake noodles account going around trying to get him banned. This isn't the behaviour of an individual we want to be involved in. Everything he touches turns to a war. Id like to clarify a couple things when i first reported to everyone that indians had droped to 499 never did i say that they were attacking Rat Catchers only that they Dropped and it Was Koralene Herself that told me That ALL Indians Had dropped to 499
Also above Koralene acuses me of faking 2 Accounts First is a Player Named Sandman who did insult her and whom i asked to stop as he tried using my name & Karma's in his insult to koralene Who this player is i have no idea Also What A Load Of Rubbish To Acuse Me Of Faking Noodles Truley You Lot Of Indians Will Stoop To Anything In Your Hate Towards Others Now I Will Say Here And Now I DO NOT AND NEVER HAVE HADE ANY ACCOUNT THAT IS A COPY OF THAT FOOL NOODLES & have never been or had a acc called SANDMAN PERIOD These ideas were most likely put into Koralene's Head By Xenoke or Noodles Because They saw Koralene interacting with me During the Rat Catchers Event!!! I would gladly invite Funzio to check any accounts held by me I have only 2 accounts 1 on my IPad2 being "The Professor" And One on my IPhone 4s that is a low lvl camper Called Ned "the Shank" Kelly And for Koralene To Try Infering These False Alergations is Disgusting

Santa
04-06-2012, 08:16 PM
This war has become quite heated...

koralene
04-06-2012, 10:29 PM
Id like to clarify a couple things when i first reported to everyone that indians had droped to 499 never did i say that they were attacking Rat Catchers only that they Dropped and it Was Koralene Herself that told me That ALL Indians Had dropped to 499
Also above Koralene acuses me of faking 2 Accounts First is a Player Named Sandman who did insult her and whom i asked to stop as he tried using my name & Karma's in his insult to koralene Who this player is i have no idea Also What A Load Of Rubbish To Acuse Me Of Faking Noodles Truley You Lot Of Indians Will Stoop To Anything In Your Hate Towards Others Now I Will Say Here And Now I DO NOT AND NEVER HAVE HADE ANY ACCOUNT THAT IS A COPY OF THAT FOOL NOODLES & have never been or had a acc called SANDMAN PERIOD These ideas were most likely put into Koralene's Head By Xenoke or Noodles Because They saw Koralene interacting with me During the Rat Catchers Event!!! I would gladly invite Funzio to check any accounts held by me I have only 2 accounts 1 on my IPad2 being "The Professor" And One on my IPhone 4s that is a low lvl camper Called Ned "the Shank" Kelly And for Koralene To Try Infering These False Alergations is Disgusting

Professor you know a little about me by now. I won't argue with u on a public forum. Sorry... It's not me. If xenoke and noodles want to comment, that's up to them. Otherwise, message me with whatever you like to say.

Burn
04-07-2012, 12:13 AM
Going to concentrate on my TL goals now.

For those of you who fought with me against the cowards, I'm not going to name names, you know who you are... Thanks and well done. Heads high!

I suspect I get complete my TL in a less week. Then I will be back in the war.

Joey, you were an absolute legend this week mate, in every possible respect you were the leader of the Rat Catchers, you deserve huge credit for giving this whole initiative the impetus and drive it needed.

Similarly, sincere thx to everyone else who played a part in our week of action. You should be so very proud, you have quite literally shaken up the whole dynamic of the game.

At one point we even had Indians and Karma crew fighting against the same enemy!

As you return to the completion of your non-Rat-related game goals, it will be interesting to hear if you think we really have reduced the 499 numbers.

And don't forget, whilst this was a week long action, Rat Catching lives on - by all means return to focusing on your own goals, but don't forget that stamina used on stomping a Rat is never ever stamina wasted ;)

"Stand firm; for well you know that hardship and danger are the price of glory, and that sweet is the savour of a life of courage and of deathless renown beyond the grave."

koralene
04-07-2012, 01:17 AM
Burn I think you've done an amazing job on trying to fix the 499 problem. It was a fun week. I am sorry that I'm not taking part in it anymore but you do have my full support. :)

As you know... I'm back up to 500. It felt dirty being at 499 hahaha

cyt
04-07-2012, 04:01 AM
Joey, you were an absolute legend this week mate, in every possible respect you were the leader of the Rat Catchers, you deserve huge credit for giving this whole initiative the impetus and drive it needed.[/i]

Oh, stop it, it's revolting. There are maybe ten of you delusional players and you keep patting each other on the back, giving 'heroic' speeches. Really, enough is enough.

Chiefer
04-07-2012, 04:05 AM
Is this the front for that stupid harassment campaign I see posted on peoples walls. Funzio said they are going to figure it out I'm sure. Don't think you need to do anything anymore since they know. They balance things. This is all obviously an attempt to get some speaking time to tick up that post counter.

Joeycool
04-07-2012, 06:11 AM
Oh, stop it, it's revolting. There are maybe ten of you delusional players and you keep patting each other on the back, giving 'heroic' speeches. Really, enough is enough.

Stop telling us how to play the game.

If you want to stop us playing the game our way do something about it.

Just like we tried too. And for the record I will return to doing shortly.

Vile Lynn
04-07-2012, 06:32 AM
If you wanted to kick up a fuss about it you could report every one and see what comes back?

I myself couldnt care less who posts what on my wall. It reads like a badge of honour!

I have left a few posts here & there, like a badge of honor...
My latest favorite is "satan" calling me a "w h o r e !". That is too funny!

nvbealone
04-07-2012, 06:33 AM
i will rob and hit chiefer non stop!

Max Power
04-07-2012, 06:53 AM
Notably xclusive never followed through with his promise of buying a whole host of gold and coming after me. Dont know if he went after Max?

He has tried to attack me a few times, and he loses. If I try to attack him back, I lose too. We are in kind of a pointless checkmate at this point.

I slowed down on the Rat thing later in the week because I got very busy at work. No time for posting all those messages, just for blind rival attacks while in the dumper or at lunch.

I will continue, though, as I did before the event.

cyt
04-07-2012, 07:28 AM
Stop telling us how to play the game.

If you want to stop us playing the game our way do something about it.

Just like we tried too. And for the record I will return to doing shortly.

I'm not telling you how to play the game. I'm telling you to stop those corny, pathetic pep talks you're giving each other.

Burn
04-07-2012, 07:49 AM
;) You need a hug cyt, you really do.

Joeycool
04-07-2012, 08:26 AM
;) You need a hug cyt, you really do.

Cyt would class a hug as bullying! No hugging!

cyt
04-07-2012, 10:46 AM
Cyt would class a hug as bullying! No hugging!
Since I'm a little girl, you'd get in much more trouble for hugging me Joeycool :)

Santa
04-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Since I'm a little girl, you'd get in much more trouble for hugging me Joeycool :)

I'm a wittle boy. Will you go out wif me? xD

i need muney
04-08-2012, 12:22 PM
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb297/CutControl/ea58aab5.jpg