why so short

That's NOT what she told me!

Chukuli
04-06-2012, 12:01 AM
You already know the answer ;)

What was the answer given?

Vile Lynn
04-06-2012, 12:09 AM
I think this is a test, an experiment perhaps... Funzio wants to see playing trends over the Easter weekend by putting out a 4 day event: Fri, Sat, Sun, Monday... Coincidence? I doubt it. Data collection? Probably.

Or it is too late for me & I'm coming up with conspiracy theories. Most likely.

askljdhaf4
04-06-2012, 12:12 AM
Or it is too late for me & I'm coming up with conspiracy theories. Most likely.\

conspiracy theories aside.. i could deff use that 10% off my upgrade time, and now i only have 4 days to get it!

Royal Flush
04-06-2012, 12:29 AM
It's useful in the long term but with only 4 days it's very doubtful anyone will get to even the 9th item without spending hideous amounts of gold .... Have to see

Vile Lynn
04-06-2012, 12:37 AM
conspiracy theories aside.. i could deff use that 10% off my upgrade time, and now i only have 4 days to get it!

Well, good luck! That would be rad!
I am never not upgrading something, but I know I won't grt it even though I'm usually the uber-optimist, heh.
(I hope more get it than did the EB. I hardly ever see those.)

G Wiz
04-06-2012, 12:41 AM
probably checking to see if the shortened event time has an impact on gold usage.

I assume the shortened time makes the final item that more apealing, thus increasing the need to have it.

But I hear, see and speak no evil :)

kimberleyj
04-06-2012, 05:26 AM
I guess I only have 3 days seen as I am going to a concert 2morrow the last bus stops at 8 pm. It is funny how most weeks I don't go to events but the day I go to one is the day we have a locked box event lol.

iteachem
04-06-2012, 05:34 AM
If you look at the behavior patterns of addicted folks this shorter time frame could work well for them.. I imagine the heavy gold spenders with addictive gambling trends can easily get caught up in the rush of winning and now the pressure to repeat previous results will intensify as they try to get their fix....

I would love a psychologists perspective on the behavior patterns here and how that impacts the money funzio makes, but I bet the whole give them another weapon at nine plays into it...

Lack of sleep trying to get another win..poor judgement....

madawgg
04-06-2012, 07:01 AM
I am sure this is a 7 day event because the description says this is a week long event. however, it doesnt show up until now is kinda *****y

Swifty
04-06-2012, 07:06 AM
The shortened time frame is going to make it difficult for the gold boycotters.

Maybe that is Funzio's plan.

If so, fiendishly clever.

dudeman
04-06-2012, 07:20 AM
I find it a little insulting that the new event pop up says in big red letters "week long event!", then you close the window and it says 4 days.

I believe allhaildiscordia said it best, someone over there frankly does not deserve their paycheque.

Oh well, what are ya gonna do about it, right?

MajorOffensive
04-06-2012, 07:51 AM
I find it a little insulting that the new event pop up says in big red letters "week long event!", then you close the window and it says 4 days.

I believe allhaildiscordia said it best, someone over there frankly does not deserve their paycheque.

Oh well, what are ya gonna do about it, right?
Shrug as I weep for the murder of farming. I refuse to spend gold on this ****. They have made it clear 'the right way' to play the game is simply to spend every penny you have on gold. With no decent rates for farming anymore, the only thing free players can get are the event items, or camp for eternity to be able to afford equipment that still doesn't stack up. Until that's nerfed for free players, too.

xclusiv
04-06-2012, 09:16 PM
i think the loaded dice will be difficult for most people to get compared to all the other events cause of the short time frame. even though it was advertised as a week long event?

dudeman
04-06-2012, 09:25 PM
even though it was advertised as a week long event?

Well, this is the first time Funzio ever releases content that doesn't do exactly what it says it's supposed to do, right?

Oh wait...

G Wiz
04-06-2012, 09:32 PM
If you look at the behavior patterns of addicted folks this shorter time frame could work well for them.. I imagine the heavy gold spenders with addictive gambling trends can easily get caught up in the rush of winning and now the pressure to repeat previous results will intensify as they try to get their fix....

I would love a psychologists perspective on the behavior patterns here and how that impacts the money funzio makes, but I bet the whole give them another weapon at nine plays into it...

Lack of sleep trying to get another win..poor judgement....Well you hit the nail on the head pretty much. Its a perfect marketing scheme aimed on capitalizing one of the minds most powerful tools; Dopamine. When we are rewarded for something, we feel good and addicts of course need this. The "short time" increases the desire because now there is less of a chance to achieve these dopamine surges.
Quite smart of Funzio...

cookies
04-07-2012, 01:20 AM
4 days is kind of silly. During the last events it took about 4 days for the boxes to propagate to players so they could be looted from pvp at a reasonable rate. At lower levels if feel the boxes are incredibly hard to get.

If anything, it is making it less likely that will spend gold if accomplishing the goal does not seem likely at all.

Arthur
04-07-2012, 01:52 AM
4 days but there is an extra item!
Next to 3, 5, 7 & 10 there is also a 9 price!

Chiefer
04-07-2012, 02:31 AM
4 days is kind of silly. During the last events it took about 4 days for the boxes to propagate to players so they could be looted from pvp at a reasonable rate. At lower levels if feel the boxes are incredibly hard to get.

If anything, it is making it less likely that will spend gold if accomplishing the goal does not seem likely at all.

They don't want you getting these great items free. Do you blame them? Probably balanced it to validate people dropping lots of gold into it.

Lots of people getting it freely is silly to all those people who spent gold. It was a balance adjustment.

xclusiv
04-07-2012, 02:31 AM
why do people spend so much gold on these events when the outcome is uncertain and the reward is not worth the gold they spend to have that final item compared to using it on crates to build stats up

Chiefer
04-07-2012, 02:32 AM
why do people spend so much gold on these events when the outcome is uncertain and the reward is not worth the gold they spend to have that final item compared to using it on crates to build stats up

Because you need to balance the people that buy all the gold items you can get for an upfront gold price? And when you win it, you get a very, good and deserved hard to obtain boost over other players.

i need muney
04-07-2012, 03:26 AM
Didnt you spend several grands on some event?

cookies
04-07-2012, 04:03 AM
They don't want you getting these great items free. Do you blame them? Probably balanced it to validate people dropping lots of gold into it.

Lots of people getting it freely is silly to all those people who spent gold. It was a balance adjustment.

Did you actually read what i wrote?
Let me rephrase it for you. Judging from past events, with 4 days it is nearly impossible for someone around level 60ish to get enough *boxes* to have a reasonable chance at the top item, even with gold spent. Can't be dropping gold on opening boxes if i don't have any, can i?

For me, the amount of boxes is the bottleneck, not the time it takes to open them. I can easily open them all with cash option simply because there isnt enough boxes to go around in 4 days.
If the even timer is starting to run out and you are sitting on a lot of boxes, you have a chance at getting the item by using gold, but if the the event is close to ending and you are sitting at 6-7 gems and 5 boxes... why bother?

edit: in short - For people to spend gold on the event, there has to be a positive outlook at getting the item by going the gold route. Currently it is not. (at least not by level 60ish)

No idea why it is so hard for companies to figure these things out, classic case of not playing their own game i supose.

Chiefer
04-07-2012, 04:11 AM
Let me rephrase it for you. Judging from past events, with 4 days it is nearly impossible for someone around level 60ish to get enough *boxes* to have a reasonable chance at the top item, even with gold spent. Can't be dropping gold on opening boxes if i don't have any, can i?

For me, the amount of boxes is the bottleneck, not the time it takes to open them. I can easily open them all with cash option simply because there isnt enough boxes to go around in 4 days.
If the even timer is starting to run out and you are sitting on a lot of boxes, you have a chance at getting the item by using gold, but if the the event is close to ending and you are sitting at 6-7 gems and 5 boxes... why bother?

edit: in short - For people to spend gold on the event, there has to be a positive outlook at getting the item by going the gold route. Currently it is not. (at least not by level 60ish)

No idea why it is so hard for companies to figure these things out, classic case of not playing their own game i supose.

Hmm, maybe you just want to really get your point across your calling me stupid.... It's a balance. Sometimes you get a lot boxes and that makes you wanna buy gold or if you don't have money sometimes hate the game. Love levels, less requirements for job completion i'm pretty sure that's what gives you boxes. Random job completion. I answered you your question good both times.

cookies
04-07-2012, 04:42 AM
Hmm, maybe you just want to really get your point across your calling me stupid.... It's a balance. Sometimes you get a lot boxes and that makes you wanna buy gold or if you don't have money sometimes hate the game. Love levels, less requirements for job completion i'm pretty sure that's what gives you boxes. Random job completion. I answered you your question good both times.

I am sorry, i am not fluent in incoherent. What was it you were trying to say? As fas as i am concerned, i never asked you anything other than if you had read my post. You quoted me with a reply that seemed to have little, if anything at all, to do with what i wrote.

enahs1
04-07-2012, 05:14 AM

Im on level 61, I don't get very many bank boxes from map jobs, but I did get around 10 from map jobs. But I still have over 50 boxes because I get 1 every other time from a pvp fight. The boxes are easy to get!!!

Santa
04-07-2012, 05:23 AM
The boxes are easy to get. I'm hitting the Teahouse in Chinatown because I need vehicles, it pays out well, and I've gotten great results with bank boxes dropping. It's a win win win situation. The only obstruction is getting the boxes open. You could have 100 boxes, but you still only open 1 per hour.

enahs1
04-07-2012, 05:24 AM
The boxes are easy to get. I'm hitting the Teahouse in Chinatown because I need vehicles, it pays out well, and I've gotten great results with bank boxes dropping. It's a win win win situation. The only obstruction is getting the boxes open. You could have 100 boxes, but you still only open 1 per hour.
That's where I was getting them early in this event but it was leveling me up to much.

cookies
04-07-2012, 05:59 AM
Im on level 61, I don't get very many bank boxes from map jobs, but I did get around 10 from map jobs. But I still have over 50 boxes because I get 1 every other time from a pvp fight. The boxes are easy to get!!!

You have gotten 40 boxes from PvP after day 1....mmm ok. I have been hitting ample people (since pvp is pretty much all i do) with freshly looted hoods and gotten a total of 1 box out of it.

@Santa
Yes boxes can be gotten from PvE at the start of an event, but not everyone wants to level up as much and without the added boxes from PvP it's rather hard to get enough boxes. Having 100 boxes would mean you could open them instantly by using 3000 gold. If you see my previous posts, having 100 boxes would create a positive outlook at the outcome of the event and create a higher likelyhood to spend gold to open them.

Max Power
04-07-2012, 07:02 AM
4 days could be fine if they have adjusted the opn rates and the Pendant rates. We have no idea what they do on these sorts of things.