PDA

View Full Version : Hood Planning Spreadsheet

itzkakarot
04-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Hey guys,

It was requested that I make a CC Hood spreadsheet, similar to the one I made for MW. So, here it is: http://goo.gl/W5mKh

Instructions can be found in the "Readme" tab, but essentially you fill out your Money Building info on the My Hood tab, and the Money Buildings tab will help you pick which building to upgrade or purchase next.

Feel free to send any questions my way. Props to Tramp, I originally made this sheet for myself based on his data.

EDIT: Here's some basic info on how to get started with the spreadsheet.

Column E, In Hood?, is the most important column to filter on. This does several lookups on the My Hood tab to determine if a particular Building/Level combination is:

Already In Your Hood ("Yes")
The Next Upgrade ("Next Upg.")
The Next Purchase ("Next Purch.")
A future upgrade ("Future")
A previous upgrade ("--")
Neither in your hood, nor a future or past purchase/upgrade (Blank)

So here are the simple steps I do to use this spreadsheet myself:

Keep My Hood updated with your latest buildings, levels, and collection times.
On the Money Buildings tab, hide whatever columns you don't care about (e.g. I don't particularly care about the $ / hr columns, because I'm not neurotic enough to collect every hour)
Filter on In Hood?, clear all selections except "Next Upg." and "Next Purch."
Sort by Column AL or AM (Gain per Day / Upgrade Hr), in descending order. This will tell you which buildings will grant you the most money per day (based on your collection times) as compared to the cost of upgrading or purchasing said building. Higher values are better.
If you're on an ROI path or can't afford any of the major upgrades, sort by Columns AG or AI (ROI [days]) in ascending order. (Lower values are better)

EDIT: Updated 4/7/12 - added Magic Playhouse to the sheet.

-itz

Ghost818
04-05-2012, 09:27 PM
This is great kakarot, nice work.

EDIT: I finally finished putting in my buildings/levels your calculation has me $15 under :/

Fricco
04-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Thanks Kakarot !

itzkakarot
04-05-2012, 10:26 PM
EDIT: I finally finished putting in my buildings/levels your calculation has me $15 under :/

Are you a Tycoon? Those numbers are estimates because the Tycoon bonus isn't a pure 10% on the higher level buildings. Plus, I think Funzio does some strange math. But you get a good picture even still.

I'll update the sheet to make it clear that the total income columns are estimates.

Dreno33
04-06-2012, 01:09 AM
what does column E mean?

Ghost818
04-06-2012, 01:31 AM
Are you a Tycoon? Those numbers are estimates because the Tycoon bonus isn't a pure 10% on the higher level buildings. Plus, I think Funzio does some strange math. But you get a good picture even still.

I'll update the sheet to make it clear that the total income columns are estimates.

Yes I am a tycoon, explains the problem bro, thanks alot btw this was very helpful.

itzkakarot
04-06-2012, 08:55 AM
what does column E mean?
Ahh.. E is the most important column. This does several lookups on the "My Hood" tab to determine if a particular Building/Level combination is:

- Already In Your Hood ("Yes")
- The Next Upgrade ("Next Upg.")
- The Next Purchase ("Next Purch.")
- A future upgrade ("Future")
- A previous upgrade ("--")
- Neither in your hood, nor a future or past purchase/upgrade (Blank)

So here are the simple steps I do to use this spreadsheet:

1. Keep "My Hood" updated with your latest buildings, levels, and collection times.
2. On the "Money Buildings" tab, hide whatever columns you don't care about (e.g. I don't particularly care about the $ / hr columns, because I'm not neurotic enough to collect every hour)
3. Filter on Column E, clear all selections except "Next Upg." and "Next Purch."
4. Sort by Column AL or AM (Gain per Day / Upgrade Hr), in descending order. This will tell you which buildings will grant you the most money per day (based on your collection times) as compared to the cost of upgrading or purchasing said building. Higher values are better.
5. If you're on an ROI path or can't afford any of the major upgrades, sort by Columns AG or AI (ROI [days]) in ascending order. (Lower values are better)

Does this make it clearer? I'll put this info up in the first post.

deuces
04-06-2012, 11:17 AM
Thanks a lot for all the work itz, crazy how much you're doing.

The days to save tab is not accurate for me, altho i just realized maybe its supposed to be hours to save?

My next best upgrade is nightclub level 2, which im saving for as my nightclub builds, but it says it'll take 176 days to save for it, where it'll take me ~8.5.

Santa
04-06-2012, 11:20 AM
Thank you heaps itz! :)

itzkakarot
04-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Thanks a lot for all the work itz, crazy how much you're doing.

The days to save tab is not accurate for me, altho i just realized maybe its supposed to be hours to save?

My next best upgrade is nightclub level 2, which im saving for as my nightclub builds, but it says it'll take 176 days to save for it, where it'll take me ~8.5.
You're totally right, Deuces. I completely forgot about that column when I rearranged the "My Hood" tab for the generic version. So "Days to Save" was using the hourly income number instead of the daily. :eek:

I fixed it on the generic copy, and made a column for both non-Tycoon and Tycoon "Days to Save". If you'd rather not fill out a new sheet, you can just change the formula itself on your copy:

For non-Tycoon: Change the formula in the 2nd row to: =$T2/'My Hood'!$D$2
For Tycoon: Change the formula in the 2nd row to: =$T2/'My Hood'!$D$4

If you'd rather not mess with it, you can always download a new sheet. :) Sorry about that.

Slickster
04-06-2012, 12:39 PM
If I was elvis I'd say," thank you! Thank you very much."
I'm not so I'll just put on some blue suede shoes And say thanks a ton

Euchred
04-06-2012, 07:52 PM
I can't figure something out

Why does it say only 2 clicks for 8 hours and 3 for 6 hours I get 3 and 4 respectively and can't seem to change it.

I get how it says to edit the collection cells but when I do nothing seems to change

itzkakarot
04-06-2012, 08:51 PM
I can't figure something out

Why does it say only 2 clicks for 8 hours and 3 for 6 hours I get 3 and 4 respectively and can't seem to change it.

I get how it says to edit the collection cells but when I do nothing seems to change
Hey Euchred, something got a little messed up in an update I did this morning. Please try it again.

Euchred
04-07-2012, 05:11 AM
Hey Euchred, something got a little messed up in an update I did this morning. Please try it again.

Thanks itzkakarot it's working now but I have another problem this one is probably on my end though. In the money building section it doesn't show me the ROI on the sheet just the formula. When I downloaded it and switched to edit mode it said something about frozen panes not sure if that's relevant.

itzkakarot
04-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Thanks itzkakarot it's working now but I have another problem this one is probably on my end though. In the money building section it doesn't show me the ROI on the sheet just the formula. When I downloaded it and switched to edit mode it said something about frozen panes not sure if that's relevant.
Hmm...if you want me to take a look, you can add me as a collaborator at itzkakarot(at)gmail.com.

itzkakarot
04-07-2012, 04:32 PM
Hey folks, I've added the Magic Playhouse to the Hood Planning sheet. As always, please check it out and let me know if you see any problems or have any questions.

iteachem
04-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Hey folks, I've added the Magic Playhouse to the Hood Planning sheet. As always, please check it out and let me know if you see any problems or have any questions.

Another forum member I owe thanks to for the advice and work.. Thanks for the spreadsheet...still trying to mentally figure out how to take its advice, but it sure makes choosing easier....

Fig Oni
04-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Mr Super Saiya-jin,

Very impressed with your effort, have you by any chance used the potara ring to fuse with tramp stamp.

itzkakarot
04-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Mr Super Saiya-jin,

Very impressed with your effort, have you by any chance used the potara ring to fuse with tramp stamp.
LOL, not quite. But I owe him many props, may he rest in peace (aka that fantasy land called "real life").

Brosiss
04-07-2012, 08:35 PM
Great Work! Your guide and spreadsheet should be stickyed +1

Coco c
04-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Kakarot, your spreadsheet is amazing, thanks so much for sharing!

Tony78
05-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Umm My spreadsheet is not sorting, i have made a copy after logging in and it will not sort any columns nor remove any of the In Hood? columns blank, future or yes slots....?

What am i doing wrong?

Boom
05-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Interesting!!!!

Populouspapa
05-05-2012, 02:40 PM
itzkakarot: You are my hero, excellent sheet..

Boom
05-05-2012, 07:26 PM
This is really helpful thx!!!

Quirt
05-05-2012, 09:00 PM
WOW! Thank you so much for sharing this :) I was really doing some head scratching with respect to what I should be building :P
Cheers!!

itzkakarot
05-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Umm My spreadsheet is not sorting, i have made a copy after logging in and it will not sort any columns nor remove any of the In Hood? columns blank, future or yes slots....?

What am i doing wrong?
Hey Tony, not sure what's going on. If you'd like me to take a look just add itzkakarot(at)gmail as a collaborator.

koma
05-09-2012, 02:53 AM
Dont want to work for me.

On the list "My hood" at cell D7 i have this:
=_xlfn.IFERROR(ВПР((B7&C7);'Money Buildings'!A:AQ;СТОЛБЕЦ('Money Buildings'!L1);ЛОЖЬ);0)

On the list "Money Buildings" at cell D2 i have this:
=_xlfn.IFERROR(ВПР(B2;'A Type Buildings'!$A$2:$D$57;3;ЛОЖЬ);"B")

I suppose that problem is in _xlfn.IFERROR. What must be at this places instead of _xlfn.IFERROR?

edit: solved. used russian version of _xlfn.IFERROR (ЕСЛИОШИБКА) and all become to work.

Sweetheart
05-13-2012, 01:59 AM
Thank you for this amazing spread sheet - not surprised a lot of my suggested purchases are gold buildings but they do look like its the best way to drastically increase my income per hour - it is unhappily low despite all my attempts to increase it enormously - i am trying to get on that 100k per hour train - ill aim for 500K once i break the 100k mark - thank you again for taking the time to create this vital source of information.

Boom
07-21-2012, 01:38 PM
Thank you!!!!

Olly1
07-21-2012, 03:30 PM
Itz you have pm

Swearengen
07-21-2012, 03:58 PM
He's not around the forum much try him in-game, you might have better luck

iteachem
07-21-2012, 04:19 PM
I posted on his wall letting him know people were looking for him

itzkakarot
07-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Heya guys. Thanks again Teach. Been keeping up in game but just haven't been able to watch the forums for the last couple of months. What's going on, all?

iteachem
07-22-2012, 04:28 PM
Heya guys. Thanks again Teach. Been keeping up in game but just haven't been able to watch the forums for the last couple of months. What's going on, all?

Drama, gangs, resignations, and impersonations oh my...

Hey about your inability to post. Is that just starting a new thread. If so they instituted spam control requiring 10 posts before starting a thread and it was 10 for everyone

itzkakarot
07-22-2012, 07:11 PM
Well thanks Fun-gree-o for not taking into account my whopping 65 posts *before* the spam rule.

So what's the deal with all the (CK) tags in game? When I saw the first one it took me back to the old D1/SC1 battle.net days, lol.

Boom
07-22-2012, 07:15 PM
It's this gang that Gwiz started "Cold Karma" it is filled with cheaters and has like 300 members