PDA

View Full Version : Friday Feedback Day!

L Fizzle
04-05-2012, 05:09 PM
Hi All,

As some of you know, every Friday I make a deck of feedback to share with our development teams on what the community thinks of events, items, game mechanics, etc.

Please sure your *constructive* feedback in this thread so I can be sure to include it on tomorrow's deck.

*Hint* The more succinct you are (the less amount I have to read) the more likely I'll be to include it...because no doubt there will be a ton posted in here! I know the bigger issues that are going on. Please use this thread for smaller less known grumbles....and kudos!

Cheers,

L Fizzle

bigflan
04-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Hi All,

As some of you know, every Friday I make a deck of feedback to share with our development teams on what the community thinks of events, items, game mechanics, etc.

Please sure your *constructive* feedback in this thread so I can be sure to include it on tomorrow's deck.

*Hint* The more succinct you are (the less amount I have to read) the more likely I'll be to include it...because no doubt there will be a ton posted in here! I know the bigger issues that are going on. Please use this thread for smaller less known grumbles....and kudos!

Cheers,

L Fizzle
Add a turret soldier and make it a LE unit and give me one for free call him turret operater practically it's a guy on a turret and he should have more defense then attack and give me one for free

War Priest
04-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Good, so then we don't have to mention the event odds are out of wack since you know, right?

Poopenshire
04-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Add a turret soldier and make it a LE unit and give me one for free call him turret operater practically it's a guy on a turret and he should have more defense then attack and give me one for free

If you do this might as well call it "the Big Flan".

bigflan
04-05-2012, 05:17 PM
No but seriously my idea is AWSOME and use this and give me one for free

War Priest
04-05-2012, 05:18 PM
Flan, come on dude, your ruining this thread.

overkill 280
04-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Defensive structures for in the water, shorten upgrade times, and increase the vault capacity.

bigflan
04-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Flan, come on dude, your ruining this thread.There is really nothing wrong with this game except people want a water defense building and I want my turret operater more should come up but at this point there is nothing really and people want upgrading times shortened but it's one way funzio is gonna make money increasing vaults cap size is great up too 12 mil but anything more is too much and raiding is rendered useless since there is no money to obtain

War Priest
04-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Defensive structures for in the water

I agree with a water defense building. +1

Agent Orange
04-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Make allies really allies.

Allow selling or gifting of units between allies e.g. I want to get rid of excess Scouts so I can sell them off to my allies at half the cost of 'new' ones. Maybe make everything 50% of retail that way allies get a deal and sellers can get rid of things they don't want. Not sure if that would work well for ornaments of buildings though.

overkill 280
04-05-2012, 05:24 PM
I agree with a water defense building. +1 Thanks WP :)

War Priest
04-05-2012, 05:25 PM

Allow selling or gifting of units between allies e.g. I want to get rid of excess Scouts so I can sell them off to my allies at half the cost of 'new' ones. Maybe make everything 50% of retail that way allies get a deal and sellers can get rid of things they don't want. Not sure if that would work well for ornaments of buildings though.

Sounds to complicated. But I wanted to add, why don't we get half the gold back when we sale a gold building? I think that should be corrected.

bigflan
04-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Sounds to complicated. But I wanted to add, why don't we get half the gold back when we sale a gold building? I think that should be corrected.Good idea I think

War Priest
04-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Add another option for purchases. $100 isn't enough, and when buying iTunes make it to complicated and put on locks for safety. So how about a $150 or $200 gold/money purchase button.

Warfiend
04-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Biggest annoyance:

crashes too much after visiting bases and when attacking. 1st gen ipad, Im willing to beta test any possible fix(have professional background in software QA, and I'm in SF bay area).

Also, I don't have 100,000 gold, please fix this ASAP! :D

bigflan
04-05-2012, 05:37 PM
So to sum it up here we want a turret soldier,a water defense building, shorter building upgrading time, a bigger vault cap, buy units from allies, selling a gold building ang get refund half gold and another gold buying option for 200 dollars

Thunder Child
04-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Flan, come on dude, your ruining this thread.
Seconded! First out the blocks and running in the wrong direction!

Thunder Child
04-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Defensive structures for in the water, shorten upgrade times, and increase the vault capacity.
Totally support a defensive structure in the water and a higher vault capacity. One of these for a top prize event would drive people nuts!

War Priest
04-05-2012, 05:54 PM
So to sum it up here we want a turret soldier,a water defense building, shorter building upgrading time, a bigger vault cap, buy units from allies, selling a gold building ang get refund half gold and another gold buying option for 200 dollars

Flan, you know they aren't going to give it to you free for thinking of it. They have probably already thought of it. Man, you must be really upset I got the Sky Devil free huh.

War Priest
04-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Totally support a defensive structure in the water and a higher vault capacity. One of these for a top prize event would drive people nuts!

Don't encourage Funzio to do that! Then only like 2 of us will get it. They would have even more complaints than the last event if they do that.

Poopenshire
04-05-2012, 05:58 PM
On a legitimate note I have been getting alot of server errors lately. Not related to my connection. Might be worth looking in to.

Thunder Child
04-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Been suggested before, but multiple upgrades as an option rather than shorter times. The time element is important from the point of making long term plans (a nice strategic element in the game), but a lot of people would be happy to have two or more buildings upgrading at once. Again, how about setting this as the top prize for an event? As per Flan, like to get the option free if the idea is used! If you don't ask you don't receive...

Thunder Child
04-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Don't encourage Funzio to do that! Then only like 2 of us will get it. They would have even more complaints than the last event if they do that.
Hence my use of "nuts"!

bigflan
04-05-2012, 06:00 PM
The next unit should be like a sea unit which allows you to Upgrade multiple things at a time

bigflan
04-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Been suggested before, but multiple upgrades as an option rather than shorter times. The time element is important from the point of making long term plans (a nice strategic element in the game), but a lot of people would be happy to have two or more buildings upgrading at once. Again, how about setting this as the top prize for an event? As per Flan, like to get the option free if the idea is used! If you don't ask you don't receive...Thank you see if you don't ask your not going to get it and by the looks of it funzio is making arctic units in April so umm this turret idea is me tryin to help funzio and try to score a unit for free

Hello Kitty
04-05-2012, 06:06 PM
I would like a less manly-looking avatar choice. Another +1 for water defense.

digitalwalker
04-05-2012, 06:08 PM

++++++++

If we can fight with allies in the form of groups. Then there will be a lot of balence points where players with different strength can stay on. And heavy gold players will no longer easily dominant one bracket, which will make the game more fun and more playable.

Also, I would like to suggest that we can choose our own battle units, so that we could maximize the cash gained/ unit loss ratio in our own will.

Also, how about making cash available to fasten upgrading time, although I doubt it might happen as I do understand it affects the game life time.

War Priest
04-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Hence my use of "nuts"!

Good recommendation if you don't really want the vault increase. But, if you really do want it, better not advise it.

bigflan
04-05-2012, 06:12 PM
++++++++

If we can fight with allies in the form of groups. Then there will be a lot of balence points where players with different strength can stay on. And heavy gold players will no longer easily dominant one bracket, which will make the game more fun and more playable.

Also, I would like to suggest that we can choose our own battle units, so that we could maximize the cash gained/ unit loss ratio in our own will.

Also, how about making cash available to fasten upgrading time, although I doubt it might happen as I do understand it affects the game life time. Très Très bien

War Priest
04-05-2012, 06:13 PM
What about "perks" in the special section of the store. Such as money buildings pay 10% more for 350 gold. Something like that. You guys get more money, and we get what we want. Only those who buy gold can get it. Kind of like how you can upgrade your CC account for 150 gold.

bigflan
04-05-2012, 06:15 PM
What about "perks" in the special section of the store. Such as money buildings pay 10% more for 350 gold. Something like that. You guys get more money, and we get what we want. I think they could do this but this would be under boost buildings

War Priest
04-05-2012, 06:17 PM
I think they could do this but this would be under boost buildings

No, I am not talking about a building. I am talking about perks.

bigflan
04-05-2012, 06:18 PM
No, I am not talking about a building. I am talking about perks.Oh okay but I don't like this this idea really

hound
04-05-2012, 06:19 PM
I would like a less manly-looking avatar choice. Another +1 for water defense.

+ 2 for water defense. How's about a anti-swimmer dolphin or mine hunting dolphin.
Allies showing alphabetically.

War Priest
04-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Oh okay but I don't like this this idea really

You don't like it because you can't afford gold. Anyways, it isn't up to you to like. =)

Hello Kitty
04-05-2012, 06:24 PM
+ 2 for water defense. How's about a anti-swimmer dolphin or mine hunting dolphin. Allies showing alphabetically.Like the allies in alpha-order. How about an ally sort feature ascending/descending on name and level? Also a sort feature for rival list: country, level, ally count, name/handle.

bigflan
04-05-2012, 06:24 PM
[QUOTE=War Priest;156045]You don't like it because you can't afford gold. Anyways, it isn't up to you to like. I can afford gold it's just I choose not buy gold

War Priest
04-05-2012, 06:29 PM
I can afford gold it's just I choose not buy gold

Ok, well whatever the reason is, it isn't up to you too like my idea buddy.

War Priest
04-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Like the allies in alpha-order. How about an ally sort feature ascending/descending on name and level? Also a sort feature for rival list: country, level, ally count, name/handle.

I am liking the ally alpha order idea! Would make it much easier for sure.

bigflan
04-05-2012, 06:32 PM
I am liking the ally alpha order idea! Would make it much easier for sure.I like the idea toooooooooo but I have 19 allies and can't wait for the next event

hound
04-05-2012, 06:32 PM
"Gamecenter" showing top spenders... i'm mean "players". Achievements in Gamecenter actually worth something, more then pts. Gold bonus would be nice. Speaking of which... if it hasn't been mentioned yet~ how's about a "Gold" mining building. I have yet to see Diamonds from my diamond mine.... girlfriend needs new bling.

Hello Kitty
04-05-2012, 06:36 PM
In-game and/or forum chat feature.

War Priest
04-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Add a few more money buildings and a few more units of each catagory.

L Fizzle, I feel sorry for all the reading you have to do.

Ramshutu
04-05-2012, 06:43 PM
I think the only thing that MW is really missing is that with respect to actual fighting, it is a 'tactical' game rather than a 'strategy' game.

I think the game should play more to PvP, in that there should be an element of the game where your war machine and attacks have consequences that last longer than it may take for your attack to fall off the rivals news feed.

As a very rough example, I would love to see an attack mode in which you do not attack opponents, directly but attack their territory. You hold it with your own units, which cannot be used in other attacks, holding terrotory gives some sort of bonus per day/hour. This can be done as a cooperative 'alliance' based, allowing bigger strategy.

This is a big deviation from what the game does now, and I appreciate that it won't be easy. But I think the issue is that MW is not really a war game, and a direction that moves it more in that direction would be very interesting.

bigflan
04-05-2012, 06:45 PM
I think the only thing that MW is really missing is that with respect to actual fighting, it is a 'tactical' game rather than a 'strategy' game.

I think the game should play more to PvP, in that there should be an element of the game where your war machine and attacks have consequences that last longer than it may take for your attack to fall off the rivals news feed.

As a very rough example, I would love to see an attack mode in which you do not attack opponents, directly but attack their territory. You hold it with your own units, which cannot be used in other attacks, holding terrotory gives some sort of bonus per day/hour. This can be done as a cooperative 'alliance' based, allowing bigger strategy.

This is a big deviation from what the game does now, and I appreciate that it won't be easy. But I think the issue is that MW is not really a war game, and a direction that moves it more in that direction would be very interesting.I seriously love this idea this here is a good idea

hound
04-05-2012, 06:47 PM
A second Action "Confirmation" pop-up. "Are you sure you want to finish now"?
I don't know how much gold i used up by mistake!

War Priest
04-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Make an option to block player comments after one comment instead of two. Some people leave rude, uncalled for comments and we don't want to leave them posted on our wall while waiting for them to leave another to block them.

bigflan
04-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Make an option to block player comments after one comment instead of two. Some people leave rude, uncalled for comments and we don't want to leave them posted on our wall while waiting for them to leave another to block them.Wait are you talking about me

War Priest
04-05-2012, 06:50 PM
A second Action "Confirmation" pop-up. "Are you sure you want to finish now"?
I don't know how up gold i used up by mistake!

Yes this for sure! There are always tons of complaints about this. I know you guys refund gold for this but that is an easy way for Funzio to get scammed. They could purposly upgrade their vault or building then send in a ticket for a refund. Adding a confirmation for ALL gold purchases should be near the top of the list.

War Priest
04-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Wait are you talking about me

No. You have already left two comments so if I wanted to block you I could... =)

hound
04-05-2012, 06:51 PM
I would like to sell my land that i don't use~ in my other game profile.
you can sell everything else (w/ the exception of the Command center), why not land and sea territory?

Hello Kitty
04-05-2012, 06:51 PM
A second Action "Confirmation" pop-up. "Are you sure you want to finish now"? I don't know how up gold i used up by mistake!+1 for "are you sure?" in all gold transactions. I unfortunately own a 17 gold grunt.

bigflan
04-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Yes this for sure! There are always tons of complaints about this. I know you guys refund gold for this but that is an easy way for Funzio to get scammed. They could purposly upgrade their vault or building then send in a ticket for a refund. Adding a confirmation for ALL gold purchases should be near the top of the list.wait you can do that this should be at funzio top things to do

Hello Kitty
04-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Make an option to block player comments after one comment instead of two. Some people leave rude, uncalled for comments and we don't want to leave them posted on our wall while waiting for them to leave another to block them.Definitely! I still have my ugly post.

Thunder Child
04-05-2012, 06:54 PM
++++++++

Also, how about making cash available to fasten upgrading time, although I doubt it might happen as I do understand it affects the game life time.

Totally love the idea of fighting in groups - that would make the whole allies concept more meaningful, and wow, how messy would the game get! Yes! Love the idea!

Thunder Child
04-05-2012, 06:55 PM
+ 2 for water defense. How's about a anti-swimmer dolphin or mine hunting dolphin.
+ 1 alphabetical allies

bigflan
04-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Hey lfizzle just wondering when is the next modern war event and the next naming poll thing

Thunder Child
04-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Hey lfizzle just wondering when is the next modern war event and the next naming poll thing
Flan, you are really going to have to find the right thread for the questions you have....

hound
04-05-2012, 06:59 PM
There should be a "Like" or "Thumbs up" option for posted comments in threads... WP, FP you guys crack me up!!

hound
04-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Totally love the idea of fighting in groups - that would make the whole allies concept more meaningful, and wow, how messy would the game get! Yes! Love the idea!

See... i "Like" this... easier to just click an icon to agree with it. opposed to typing a response.

Hello Kitty
04-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Boost building or event prize to shorten money building payout times.

War Priest
04-05-2012, 07:02 PM
See... i "Like" this... easier to just click an icon to agree with it. opposed to typing a response.

But then flan would only have dislikes...Haha, just kidding flanny boy.

bigflan
04-05-2012, 07:03 PM
But then flan would only have dislikes...Haha, just kidding flanny boy. hey they should have an in game chat that be AWSOME

Tate
04-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Lots of great ideas here but I will just toss in my 2 cents worth for Fizzle

+3? For the water defense, or is it 5 now?
Absolutely for sure with the "gold confirm" button.
I didn't realize that you could request a refund...... Coulda bought a crate for what I've lostAlphabetical list would be a nice featureIn game chat !!
Sea unit for the next event top item!!!
And, sell off units to other players, as per AO's recommendation. I Like that one
As you can see, none of these are my original ideas but I'm only "seconding" the previous comments.

ps: Kitty, I'll post a few messages on your wall....

marebear
04-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Like the allies in alpha-order. How about an ally sort feature ascending/descending on name and level? Also a sort feature for rival list: country, level, ally count, name/handle.Also requesting water defense. And also better sort features for the allies list. Trying to get rid of people is a pain because the list always reverts to the top. Maybe multi clicking feature for deleting allies.

Hello Kitty
04-05-2012, 07:32 PM
An alert to tell you someone is camping on/stalking your base. Maybe even the "who" so you can hunt them too. With this intel, you can prepare a defense/attack to keep it interesting.

War Priest
04-05-2012, 07:38 PM
An alert to tell you someone is camping on/stalking your base. Maybe even the "who" so you can hunt them too. With this intel, you can prepare a defense/attack to keep it interesting.

Haha, wow Kitty. You watch a lot of military movies? :p

bigflan
04-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Haha, wow Kitty. You watch a lot of military movies? :pHey war priest if they did make a turret operater would you buy it

Hello Kitty
04-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Haha, wow Kitty. You watch a lot of military movies? :pLOL! I guess so. Two of my favorite movies ever: "Kelly's Heros" and "Dirty Dozen." MIL channel is in my line-up. Military brat + 20 year designing/building radar systems for ground and air makes it in my blood. Ha.

Speed ump
04-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Higher vault, biggest gripe at higher levels, except or the messed up rival list. Buildings cost as much as 300 m to upgrade, and land is 32 m. Most cant get there, as they will be raided before they can afford the upgrades. Personally I don't have to worry, but I would not mind it either.

War Priest
04-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Hey war priest if they did make a turret operater would you buy it

I buy everything...

War Priest
04-05-2012, 07:49 PM
LOL! I guess so. Two of my favorite movies ever: "Kelly's Heros" and "Dirty Dozen." MIL channel is in my line-up. Military brat + 20 year designing/building radar systems for ground and air makes it in my blood. Ha.

Haha I can tell. It's awesome though. Hearing Kitty talking about making a tactical assault on a lurking predator. =P

bigflan
04-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Haha I can tell. It's awesome though. Hearing Kitty talking about making a tactical assault on a lurking predator. =P That's pretty funny actually

Luke7676
04-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Bump for the ally list alpha order and / or lvl order and for AO's market between allies idea.

War Priest
04-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Bump for the ally list alpha order and / or lvl order and for AO's market between allies idea.

No water defense building or confirmation page for gold...? :confused:

Luke7676
04-05-2012, 07:59 PM
No water defense building or confirmation page for gold...? :confused:

Yes yes those too haha. To much to remember..

overkill 280
04-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Been suggested before, but multiple upgrades as an option rather than shorter times. The time element is important from the point of making long term plans (a nice strategic element in the game), but a lot of people would be happy to have two or more buildings upgrading at once. Again, how about setting this as the top prize for an event? As per Flan, like to get the option free if the idea is used! If you don't ask you don't receive... Yeah really good idea T C, multiple upgrades at a time :)

overkill 280
04-05-2012, 08:19 PM
I would like a less manly-looking avatar choice. Another +1 for water defense. Yeah I totally agree kitty, have some more attractive female avatars, as well as more options for the men on hairstyles etc.

overkill 280
04-05-2012, 08:23 PM
In-game and/or forum chat feature. Your on a roll kitty :p I love that idea too!

overkill 280
04-05-2012, 08:33 PM
There should be a "Like" or "Thumbs up" option for posted comments in threads... WP, FP you guys crack me up!! And you know how you can insert smiley faces, well have a tub of popcorn as an option too. Cause sometimes it's fun just to sit back and enjoy what your reading! :p

Hello Kitty
04-05-2012, 08:35 PM
And you know how you can insert smiley faces, well have a tub of popcorn as an option too. Cause sometimes it's fun just to sit back and enjoy what your reading! :pCheers to that overkill! Entirely entertaining and fun. With some of the posts and dialogue, I burst out laughing out loud and people turn their heads.

JohnnyR
04-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Grumble 1)

When I click outside of my land area it asks me if I wanna buy in the pop up menu-when I exit out it reverts back to the unexpanded view. This s very annoying when trying to collect money or move a buildimg from the edge, as I always view my base expanded so I can see everything.

Solution-just an idea, but stick a toggle switch in the settings menu so we can permanently choose to expand our base.

Grumble 2) We can only see 50 or so allies at a time and I have to keep scrolling down and down and down..... Also deleting allies is annoying because it takes us back to the top of the list!

Solution- Let us organize our allies, maybe create a "buddy" list to add our favorite allies to. Some allies are friends and I like to check progress or post on walls. When deleting an ally, keep us where we left off on the list. Multi click option someone mentioned earlier would be great!

Grumble 3)
When buying multiple decorations, we have to go through FOUR clicks per decoration. This is exhaustive and time consuming.

Solution-Maybe add a quick buy button. I buy many common units, so maybe have a button at the side or bottom of our screen that will take us directly to a screen where that will let us go straight to the last five things we bought, units, buildings, decorations, etc... Make it so we can long click it to get the menu open and release on the thing we want.

Orrrr, let us insert the number of things we want to buy, and for buildings or decorations let us keep "planting" the things till we run out. Hope ths is understandable.

uniya81
04-05-2012, 08:37 PM
I want seaching funtion on ally list.
I have 430 allies. When i want go my friend's area, it's too difficult for me.

If i can search by nick name, i can find my friend easily.

overkill 280
04-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Cheers to that overkill! Entirely entertaining and fun. With some of the posts and dialogue, I burst out laughing out loud and people turn their heads. Ha I know hey, hilarious at times :D

Thunder Child
04-05-2012, 08:42 PM

Revising your own contributions never looks good, but hey!

The idea of a water defense building seems to be one getting a lot of nods at the moment. On reflection, I have to agree with WP that such a game changer might not be the best idea for an event prize. While I do think some sort of building might work as a prize, it would be a definite mistake to make the first defensive water structure a prize. That leaves the option of keeping it somewhat exclusive by making it a gold purchase option or making it a regular purchase option. If the latter, please don't do a Nano, Funzio! Again, it would be the first such water defense. Save the expensive Nano-type option for subsequent installations...

hound
04-05-2012, 09:23 PM
I want seaching funtion on ally list.
I have 430 allies. When i want go my friend's area, it's too difficult for me.

If i can search by nick name, i can find my friend easily.

If no to "search" or "alphabetic order"- Howz about Lv #? Its a pain and takes forever to weed out the lower level campers on my allies. And why on earth, does one have to go back to the begining of the list when you remove someone? The scrolling to back where you were on your list is really really annoying and frustrating.

Thunder Child
04-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Raise the ceiling of the game, giving the golden armies somewhere to go. Another 100 levels, perhaps, and subsequent increases as needed thereafter...

Hello Kitty
04-05-2012, 09:57 PM
An upgradeable defense or attack unit.

Thunder Child
04-05-2012, 10:39 PM
I'm not trying to win an award for the most postings on this thread. I'm just REALLY bored and enjoy doing this kind of thing...

How about allowing land expansions which are not contiguous with the rest of your base? In other words, give us the ability to set up the equivalent of an outpost elsewhere on the land (and I suppose the water) area we are given. Strikes me there is a huge area out there, which most of us are unlikely ever to venture into. Creating an outpost, or some kind of advance position, would change the whole nature of the game, making it necessary to search out an enemy's infrastructure and making the positioning of defensive structures more challenging. You could even set up a different pricing structure, so that "outpost expansion" (tentative concept name) could start from one square at, let's say, 500k. A limit could be placed on how many outposts were allowed, too. This would also allow for the comprehensive introduction of a wide range of new money, unit and defensive buildings at the same time. Other possibilities also then present themselves, for instance roads, checkpoints etc. which could enhance certain capabilities (checkpoint boost defense, certain length of road boosts attack)
Players would then have to decide if, when and where they chose to spend their money in a completely different way. A new concept to keep the game exciting and challenging!

Jp lfs
04-05-2012, 10:54 PM
How about adding a valor goal every level like in CC. Raid 10 buildings, etc. Some of us at the higher levels would reap huge rewards for having done it already, but it would cut down on the whining by players who don't understand that part of the game, and add more challenges and goals, especially in the higher levels. Please?

Luke7676
04-05-2012, 10:56 PM
As mentioned before and in another thread. A ranking system would be one of the coolest things in my book to add. A new reason to make goals for and to look forward to ranking up instead of lvl'ing up. I think a named ranking system with a different emblem for each rank would be great. The system should take in consideration of stats, income, and how long you have been playing. As said by everson and others. Sorry if this has been said here already I don't remember all the ideas I've read through..

Hello Kitty
04-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Thunder Child. I like your idea of outpost. (There is no scroll function for the iPad2 when I select "Reply With Quote" to get to the bottom of your comment, otherwise I would have quoted you).

Was toying around an off-base housing element to the game with some sort of civilian casualty of war effect/reward/defend.

Jp lfs
04-05-2012, 11:08 PM
How about an attack version of the composite building?

Jp lfs
04-05-2012, 11:10 PM
And showing the avatar of someone visiting or "creeping" on your base would be cool, so you know who is attacking you or raiding you without the very very long lag in the news feed to know you just lost all your boost buildings.

Thunder Child
04-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Thunder Child. I like your idea of outpost. (There is no scroll function for the iPad2 when I select "Reply With Quote" to get to the bottom of your comment, otherwise I would have quoted you).

Was toying around an off-base housing element to the game with some sort of civilian casualty of war effect/reward/defend.

HK, if you use the 'Go Advanced" option, you can usually get in under the quote.

Hello Kitty
04-05-2012, 11:24 PM
HK, if you use the 'Go Advanced" option, you can usually get in under the quote. For s & grins, I went back to your original post to try. In advanced mode, it only gives a line feed of 11 so I still couldn't get past the quote.

JohnnyR
04-05-2012, 11:31 PM
HK, long press in the field a while (till the magnifier shows up), then bringthe cursor down. It's a PITA, but it works....slowly I'll add...

JohnnyR
04-05-2012, 11:32 PM
And showing the avatar of someone visiting or "creeping" on your base would be cool, so you know who is attacking you or raiding you without the very very long lag in the news feed to know you just lost all your boost buildings.

Be funny as heck if you could click the avatar to that guy's base, lol!

JohnnyR
04-05-2012, 11:33 PM

All the boost buildings for the various units accomplish this, albeit individually (air hangar only hoosts air units...).

Hello Kitty
04-05-2012, 11:40 PM
HK, long press in the field a while (till the magnifier shows up), then bringthe cursor down. It's a PITA, but it works....slowly I'll add...Thanks JR! Tested that out and it works.

JohnnyR
04-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Coooollll....glad it worked.

Just took a look at your av and thout of something-custom avatars! Be real cool to play around with different parts, clothing, facial hair, tats, piercings, weapons, accessories, etc... on an individual basis, piece by piece.

Hello Kitty
04-05-2012, 11:55 PM
Coooollll....glad it worked.Just took a look at your av and thout of something-custom avatars! Be real cool to play around with different parts, clothing, facial hair, tats, piercings, weapons, accessories, etc... on an individual basis, piece by piece.Very cool! I love my CC av: pigtails, boustier, and I rob people in my underwear and fishnets. Cracks me up! My MW av needs a boob job. I may pay gold for that. Ha.

Cocktail
04-05-2012, 11:56 PM
I think a spy academy building producing spy units, which might then be deployed to sabotage enemy boost buildings or be placed on bases you want to keep track of, would be an interesting new game element.

Thunder Child
04-06-2012, 12:02 AM
Back again! My next suggestion is about suggestions themselves. Why not encourage decent suggestions (and before anyone shouts, I know there is already a separate channel for this in the forum!) by rewarding those that are actually used? Rather like the unit War Priest received, why not offer a different incentive on a monthly basis for ideas from players? Could be in-game cash, gold, a unit, a building, extra land... just about anything (though NOT another ally!) Personally, I think I have submitted an idea just once elsewhere, but already I have been stimulated to come up with much more in a single day because we have been personally invited to do so. If this were a regular feature HERE, and was suitably rewarded, I'm sure you'll generate a mountain of ideas while also providing another stimulating outlet for players like me.

War Priest
04-06-2012, 12:03 AM
Very cool! I love my CC av: pigtails, boustier, and I rob people in my underwear and fishnets. Cracks me up! My MW av needs a boob job. I may pay gold for that. Ha.

Haha, looks like I missed out on an interesting conversation.

Cocktail
04-06-2012, 12:14 AM
And just one more... Some kind of retraining facility that let's you upgrade units that were useful at lower levels and that you keep acquiring as loot, even though they're useless in later levels. Turning tree snipers into border commanders, etc. Could be facilities for every unit type.

Tate
04-06-2012, 12:14 AM
Very cool! I love my CC av:My MW av needs a boob job. I may pay gold for that. Ha.I just had to check Kitty but my av thinks your av looks just fiiiine!!!!!

JMC
04-06-2012, 12:20 AM
An allies list that has filters and ways to organize it and also isn't bugged and super annoying to navigate through

Thunder Child
04-06-2012, 12:43 AM
How about some sort of device that we could purchase and then drop on a rivals base! Essentially a bomb or perhaps an EMP device. It could work rather like one of the lockbox events with a two hour fuse, perhaps. If spotted, the defender can either pay to have it defused within that time, or the thing goes off, temporarily disabling ALL his defenses for 30 minutes, providing the attacker with a window of opportunity to attack. It could even be made to disable his vault!!!! Would be a great way for non-gold players to go up against their golden counterparts. Once the bomb has been set, the attacker would of course have to have some way to check back on his rival for the duration the device is active. It's a great way to stimulate an attacking game and set off some real rivalries. Also, the whole ally system would be much more meaningful, since your allies would naturally not be subject to such attacks. The idea could be taken as far as you liked. For example, introduce some type of missile shield system that would prevent such attacks, perhaps costing 10s of thousands of gold bars (Funzio makes its money) or is activated at level 10 through normal game play...

JackRakan93
04-06-2012, 12:45 AM
Perhaps a machinery graveyard that gives out units with the word "repurposed" or "salvaged" in front of it. That will be where all the casualty parts could go and be recycled. Leveling the building would increase the chances of getting a better unit. It could give units anywhere from Repurposed Humvee A: 3, D:3 to Salvaged Anti-aircraft Carrier A: 15, D: 22 to Restored Robot Walker A: 37, D: 28 at 1% frequency rate for level 10. Just a more simplified yet still appealing thought. (Raiding the building would also give the raider a reduced chance to covet the unit).

Thunder Child
04-06-2012, 12:46 AM
Perhaps a machinery graveyard that gives out units with the word "repurposed" or "salvaged" in front of it. That will be where all the casualty parts could go and be recycled. Leveling the building would increase the chances of getting a better unit. It could give units anywhere from Repurposed Humvee A: 3, D:3 to Salvaged Anti-aircraft Carrier A: 15, D: 22 to Restored Robot Walker A: 37, D: 28 at 1% frequency rate for level 10. Just a more simplified yet still appealing thought. (Raiding the building would also give the raider a reduced chance to covet the unit).
As I said, great idea!

Dreno33
04-06-2012, 12:50 AM
New boost building for decreasing upgrade/construction TIMES.

Mcdoc
04-06-2012, 01:16 AM
Suggestions for the next "event":
Please consider that people who spend gold to open boxes/briefcases/whatever could have spent that gold on other things. A lot of people take pride in being a "free player" but have broken ranks to buy gold for events only to get burned and left bitter.

Here is what burns so bad:
Don't waste my gold on useless loot I wouldn't have paid cash for like:
1) An extra Ally? ReAlly? How many grunts do you sell for gold other than by accident?
2) $500k? If you're going to award money, please make it vary $1.2 mil, $2.5 mil, $3.5 mil
3) Valor? If you're going to award valor, please make it vary between 1500, 2500, or 3500
4) You guys put out some neat units during the events - but they seem to die quickly. I realize you already give some great gold units along the progress of the events and don't want to "flood the market" with too many gold units - BUT - how about creating a "special" casualty rate for event loot called "Super Low Casualty Rate" that will oly be applied to event loot. At least this way our gold winnings will last longer and have more value.

These few tweaks would cut out about 75% of the anger from these events because now even if we don't get the TOP prize, we didn't get double burned with what we place no value in - certainly not anything we wouldn't have voluntarily paid cash for.

Lastly, why do the odds have to be so outrageous? If MORE people get the prize - then MORE money people will be willing to try and / or spend on future events. Then 30 days after the end of the event, please release the top prize for a Gold Purchase (600 to 900) for those who joined the game late or didn't make it for far less in the event.

Thanks for listening. McDoc

Wildfire
04-06-2012, 01:26 AM
The option to not display the green arrow above buildings when don't want to upgrade them yet to achieve a goal.

A collect all button to save having to tap each building individually to collect from it, I so often end up with them wanting to move or sell rather than collect and have actually accidentally sold building in my haste in the past.

The option to skip or shelve a goal if you can't do it as a free player, I'm currently on a build 100 buildings goal and a free player can't get more than 97.

LightingBlitz
04-06-2012, 04:38 AM
It would be nice if Funzio could add some more options under the "settings" options.
* (Turn On/Off) Gold confirmation
* (Turn On/Off) The selling of your own buildings
* (Turn On/Off) Goals (I really don't follow the goals)
* (Turn On/Off) etc...
Thanks..

bigflan
04-06-2012, 06:59 AM
Suggestions for the next "event":
Please consider that people who spend gold to open boxes/briefcases/whatever could have spent that gold on other things. A lot of people take pride in being a "free player" but have broken ranks to buy gold for events only to get burned and left bitter.

Here is what burns so bad:
Don't waste my gold on useless loot I wouldn't have paid cash for like:
1) An extra Ally? ReAlly? How many grunts do you sell for gold other than by accident?
2) $500k? If you're going to award money, please make it vary $1.2 mil, $2.5 mil, $3.5 mil
3) Valor? If you're going to award valor, please make it vary between 1500, 2500, or 3500
4) You guys put out some neat units during the events - but they seem to die quickly. I realize you already give some great gold units along the progress of the events and don't want to "flood the market" with too many gold units - BUT - how about creating a "special" casualty rate for event loot called "Super Low Casualty Rate" that will oly be applied to event loot. At least this way our gold winnings will last longer and have more value.

These few tweaks would cut out about 75% of the anger from these events because now even if we don't get the TOP prize, we didn't get double burned with what we place no value in - certainly not anything we wouldn't have voluntarily paid cash for.

Lastly, why do the odds have to be so outrageous? If MORE people get the prize - then MORE money people will be willing to try and / or spend on future events. Then 30 days after the end of the event, please release the top prize for a Gold Purchase (600 to 900) for those who joined the game late or didn't make it for far less in the event.

Thanks for listening. McDocJust got up but mcdoc great idea I also suggested earlier they get rid of the allies

possum
04-06-2012, 07:27 AM
Add a web tool that allows us to search and view player's in-game profile. It could show stats, inventory and even a picture of their base similar to what is viewable now when you inspect allies and foes alike.

Bronco928
04-06-2012, 08:05 AM
I think the biggest problem with the game that I have encountered, is the way things function after level 90. Once you surpass this level, it seems the structure that maintains any level of fairness completely dissipates. This completely changes the dynamics of the game and catches MOST new players completely off gaurd. Once you reach level 90, you are suddenly being attacked by many players that you stand absolutely zero chance of defending against. Up until this point, most have not experienced attacks of this nature. Many times, the attacks can be so relentless that a substantial portion of new players (both free & paying) simply give up and quit playing. Then of course, there are those that are aware of the impending doom and chose to "camp out" on the lower levels, avoiding activities that generate XP points, until they feel better prepared to move ahead to the shark tank. When you consider the amount of time and effort invested to get to level 90, then factor in the real money many players spend, this issue absolutely must be addressed and some level of fairness attained. I hope this issue is discussed soon!!!

-->FISH<--
04-06-2012, 08:06 AM
I would like to access my base from my computer....Maybe i'm an idiot and you can....

-->FISH<--
04-06-2012, 08:16 AM
1) I would like to be able to move around my skill points. (change my attack to stamina or defense)
2) could we tap on and see the units won after attacking a another player
3) Even though I am upgrading a unit I would like to see the cost and benefit of a different one instead of the message you are upgrading another unit. DUH!!!!
4) Maybe when you lose a unit in an attack you are given the chance to buy it back right away.

Maverick50727
04-06-2012, 08:40 AM
Sorry if I'm late. Also I haven't had time or will read the entire thread sorry sorry in advance if there are duplicates from others already.

1.) Better PVP loot and leave it. The other week we were able to get items like:Bombardment Frigates 13/12,
Heavy Artillery 14/9, Armed Steel Worker 14/14, Ghost Operative 20/19, Typhoon Tiger 21/14, Iron Wing 21/16, Predator Sub 26/14, etc. Now we have reverted back to the useless Tree Snipers 3/0, Battle Tanks 3/4, etc. What was the purpose in adding these to only remove them later? When you are a high level player or your lowest unit going into battle is 10-15, what is the point of giving such low loot items? Can the loot be change based on your level range? You get access to better PVP loot the higher you level?

2.) This goes along with #1. I have stated many times what can we do with all the garbage loot/units we can't use anymore. I'm sorry but my 430 Tree Snipers or 212 Battle Tanks will never be used. How about creating a "Military Surplus" building where you can sell loot or cash unit for a discounted value. You don't have to give an option to buy loot as that comes from PVP, but a sell option could let people sell the garbage for cash to buy better units. It can have a low sell value as far as I care (something is better than nothing). The Upgraded Levels on the "Maverick's Military Surplus" building can give X% better return. (LOL on the name) Should be easy thing to do. This Military Surplus should NOT be a gold purchase though like the composites factory. The whole point is to allow all people to get rid of junk,rebalance their armies and allow "free" players to better compete with gold players.

3.) More buildings so "free" players can reach goals like the build 100 buildings. 97 is high as you can go at this time without gold. I know you guys are a business and you have to have make money through gold, but really you need to keep the "free" players happy too. They add value in the popularity of the game and word of mouth advertising. They bring you more customers. Force them to leave and it hurts everyone. Free players also can become gold players. I myself am "free" for now just for the challenge. I would purchase gold in the future under another account but the amount of $ I would spend wouldn't help me at my point the the game IMO.

4.) Add some better high end valor units. Maybe something better Hornets, M270s or Stealth Frigates (1000 valor units with low consumption rates). Even better Cash Units could help. High end "free" players plateau and can't compete with players who spend $10,000 in gold units. I hope even gold players still like a challenge or what is the point of the game if you can't lose?

5.) More Defense buildings to help with raids. More Sea Buildings since that space in underutilized. Sea Defense definitely if you add more sea structures.

6.) A search or sort function for your allies list. I for one try to help people in the forum and often ally with them to look at their stats, but after adding them it is almost impossible to find them sometimes. A search function, sort by name, display more than 50 at a time, a favorites would all would be great options. There also appears to be bugs in the ally list. At times I add people and can't see them people even going to the bottom. They show later after I add others. The reverse, when removing allies I found some don't appear in the list until others are deleted first.

7.) Boost building to reduce Expansion/Builds/Upgrade "time" not cost. Time is our real enemy in the game. The Whirling Thunder was a tease. If you won't do that allow us to us to upgrade more the 1 building at a time. I don't want to greatly shorten the game but being able to build/upgrade both a military/defense building and a money building at the same time would help.

8.) More events. I for one liked them even though I could never get all 10. The first 7 and loot items were good rewards I would have never got otherwise. Even though I never got a free ally/grunt I think that should be removed in future events. People take that as a slap in the face and some people are tying to have low ally counts for a reason.

I'm sure I could list tons more, but there is a max on message size and my time. LOL Let me know if the devs of other forum people like these and will be implemented.

-->FISH<--
04-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Last one:
The game is tailored to the Gold players, If I build or upgrade there isn't a way for me to speed it up ( a boost building isn't the same since both types of players can have them) but a Gold player can turn around immediately. If your going to keep Gold and Free players together then give both the same advantages, by buying upgrades and builds faster. Since, we can't get the extra help at document 10 like the whales with fort knox.

Tate
04-06-2012, 10:01 AM
1) I would like to be able to move around my skill points. (change my attack to stamina or defense)2) could we tap on and see the units won after attacking a another player 3) Even though I am upgrading a unit I would like to see the cost and benefit of a different one instead of the message you are upgrading another unit. DUH!!!!4) Maybe when you lose a unit in an attack you are given the chance to buy it back right away.Options #2 and 4 are already available to us, unless I misunderstand what you're asking for.

overkill 280
04-06-2012, 10:02 AM
Haha, looks like I missed out on an interesting conversation. Yeah me too WP :mad:

Sugarymama
04-06-2012, 10:13 AM
Wow, you guys are so detailed with this game. I wish I had more time to be so involved. I'm just trying not to get attacked and am building my base/defense. Every time I want to camp, here comes an event and it's hard not to participate. Hopefully there won't be one for a while so I can upgrade in peace...lol.

marebear
04-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Wow, you guys are so detailed with this game. I wish I had more time to be so involved. I'm just trying not to get attacked and am building my base/defense. Every time I want to camp, here comes an event and it's hard not to participate. Hopefully there won't be one for a while so I can upgrade in peace...lol.Hey nice pic :) did war priest or stricker end up helping you?

Sugarymama
04-06-2012, 10:24 AM
Hey nice pic :) did war priest or stricker end up helping you?

Hey Marebear! Thanks. Nope, did it all by myself. The problem I was having was that I was in the wrong area in my profile so I didn't see where to make the change. Once I found "Edit Avatar" I knew what to do. I'm somewhat tech-saavy, but still learning the iPad because it's new to me. I uploaded the pic from my home computer, which is a PC.

L Fizzle
04-06-2012, 10:48 AM
Add a few more money buildings and a few more units of each catagory.

L Fizzle, I feel sorry for all the reading you have to do.

Haha...making the deck now. Closing thread. Thanks everyone!!