PDA

View Full Version : Building a Nanotech Factory (free player.)

transfer
04-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Hello guys.
First and all, sorry if that has been mentionned before, but I thought I might as well make my own topic.

What is the preferred strategy for free players (aka no income from gold buildings) to build a Nanotech Factory ? Obviously, the main problem would be to be able to get the 19M+ needed to build it while the Vault only protects up to 10M.
I've been playing since mid-december, mostly focused on doing story mode (not much PvP nor raids, can't figure out the casualty system and prefer CC kinda for that) and on building my economy.
I have mostly upgraded my unit buildings so that I can do the map missions for lv52-55 and I have an income of around 300k/hr.
My plan would be to build the Nanotech as I hit 60. I estimate that if I synch my 8-12-24-48 hr buildings, I'll be able to collect 3.2 M in one go, maybe 3.6 M if I keep upgrading Oil Rigs. My Cement Factory is at lv.4 and I don't intend to level it more.
The question is : how to get the remaining 5.6 M ?

One easy way, if willing to accept a 6 M. loss would be to just sell a Space Center and to rebuild after.

The alternative I'm looking for is to save the last "Do every mission in...." from Bomb Maker Compound to Steel Plant maps so that I'll complete the last objective in one click, it usually gives a good chunk of money but I doubt it amounts to 5M+.
Maybe throw in a couple of 10-14 clicks jobs and save the last click to tap on them ? I should be able to do that if I manage to get an energy refill.

Any thoughts on all of that ?

People who managed to build Nanotechs, how did you do it ?

Side question : is there a limit to how much you can lose from an attack now ? I seem to recall there was no limit but recently, couple of people that failed to defeat me left me 30k max so is 30k per attack the max you can lose ? My stats are pretty poor so I have no doubt I'll lose plenty of attacks if I keep more than 10M at any time.

Bronson
04-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Funnily enough I had a PM about this very tactic yesterday.

The cash cow most of us here use is the destroyer on the naval battle map.

Also another money saving tip thats been passed down is to buy the tall tree for £50k a pop but you lose 50% on selling but much better than losing a building.

Also the max i have received from a failed attack is £30k

Everson25
04-05-2012, 03:14 PM
(The alternative I'm looking for is to save the last "Do every mission in...." from Bomb Maker Compound to Steel Plant maps so that I'll complete the last objective in one click, it usually gives a good chunk of money but I doubt it amounts to 5M+.
Maybe throw in a couple of 10-14 clicks jobs and save the last click to tap on them ? I should be able to do that if I manage to get an energy refill.

Any thoughts on all of that ?) [Quote]

I didn't build mine yet but I was doing this same estrategy where I would leave the main objective of each mission open so I could do in one click. In my case I had from Oil Refinery plant to Government Area. i was ready to start Steel Plant when I noticed that everything that i had done was lost. I don't know why, especially that it wasn't the first time i had done that. In my case i was doing the main two pay out of each map so i had good money already to get it. It was during the briefcase event so i don't know if only happened because of that or else. But I'm doing again to check if it can be done or not.

transfer
04-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Ouch Everson, i'm sorry to hear that, it's especially frustrating since it takes a good few days to set that up depending on how much energy you have (personally, I only have 1000 so far)

That seems like a solid strategy but that would royally suck (in my case) if I'm like 500k-1M short, that's mostly cause I can only save up to 5 maps objectives and the payout on tapping the "leader" on a map that require 10-14 clicks is a bit random like you could get up to 1million like you could only get 200k.

Bronson, thanks for the tip, it's good that the tree is only taking a 1x1 space and while I can see that being tedious selling 50-100 trees, that'd be better than to delete that Space Center for sure.

Bronson
04-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Ouch Everson, i'm sorry to hear that, it's especially frustrating since it takes a good few days to set that up depending on how much energy you have (personally, I only have 1000 so far)

That seems like a solid strategy but that would royally suck (in my case) if I'm like 500k-1M short, that's mostly cause I can only save up to 5 maps objectives and the payout on tapping the "leader" on a map that require 10-14 clicks is a bit random like you could get up to 1million like you could only get 200k.

Bronson, thanks for the tip, it's good that the tree is only taking a 1x1 space and while I can see that being tedious selling 50-100 trees, that'd be better than to delete that Space Center for sure.

Yeah it is a pain in the a$$ with the trees but no where near as long as it would be for the rebuild time on the space centre

Everson25
04-05-2012, 03:40 PM
My energy is on 1830 at the moment so what i planned is to have the target done in two halves so i know i would have to level up in the middle but i would refil all the energy back again. That's why i want to do it now so i have plenty time before going too close to level 90. I've taken notes of all missions so I don't loose count at the moment of the clicks. If i would have the situation where would be short, depending on how much, i would go for pvp. It happened that to me before and i spent over an hour raiding other bases. At the end I got what I wanted to. But if would be too far away for some reason, i would then spend the excess money as quick as possible on the best units. So it wouldnt a total waste really.

Everson25
04-05-2012, 03:45 PM
By the way Bronson, thanks for your help earlier on. I hope i did right. I'm waiting now for the reply. If i didnt' get it right i ask you again...lol.

transfer
04-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Everson : do you also save the "Do Every Mission in <Map>" objective so you can also do plenty of them back to back ?
If you do that, I can see you racking in the extra 6-7 Million easily, then I assume it won't be too hard to time that so you do it right after/before you collect your Oil Rigs / Munitions / Recycling Plants (maybe + Ore Mine and Oil Refinery even)

Everson25
04-05-2012, 03:57 PM
I don't save it. I'm just going back and doing again the ones that pays well. I noticed that probably after the Naval base you find more than one target in each map where you can get easy money. i agree with you that probably between 6 and 8 million can be collected doing that. Of course, there is the issue with timing. But i still think it's possible as i heard other players doing the same.

EnjoyLife
04-05-2012, 04:01 PM
With 300,000/hr you could build up your defenses so that people won't take your money in attacks. We seem to be about the same level.

transfer
04-05-2012, 04:02 PM
I'm reassured hearing others have done that and succeeded then :p
I ran a bit into dry levels with nothing to build in Crime City between 73 and 90 so I'm gonna focus a little more on Modern War and set this as my short time objective.
Not to mention for some reason I do enjoy doing the maps missions in Modern War unlike CC.

transfer
04-05-2012, 04:06 PM
EnjoyLife : I have a low amount of allies, say 45-50.
I have almost maxed Medics, I might have a few units over 10 def but let's say I sit around 2000 def.
I'm an easy target in my bracket and there are a lot more gold spenders that I'd have thought too, what do you suggest I buy to boost my defense ?

EnjoyLife
04-05-2012, 04:09 PM
Sea Scouts & Super Hornets. When you can afford it, Aircraft Carriers until you feel comfortable in your bracket. We are in the same bracket, except I have fewer allies. My defense is currently 1900.

transfer
04-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Wow, I didn't even noticed Sea Scouts existed <_<
Mmm, might buy around 50 of these and see if that makes a difference for me, at the moment I still lost half the attacks/robs easily, granted most of my losses come from gold players but I understand that will always happen anyway.
Super Hornets are going to be out of range for me, I don't have Valor simply cause I don't PvP/raid no more, the unit losses I get are simply not worth it (losing 100k units for 3 valor, not to mention last time I bought 2xGIGN they insta died :D:D)

edit : I just saw the price on Aircraft Carrier, I doubt I will invest in those before I push my Oil Rigs to 3-4 and even after that, that'd hurt a bit still :p

EnjoyLife
04-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Super Hornets are going to be out of range for me, I don't have Valor simply cause I don't PvP/raid no more, the unit losses I get are simply not worth it (losing 100k units for 3 valor, not to mention last time I bought 2xGIGN they insta died :D:D)

You need to pick your battles better before attacking/raiding them ;)

You may also want to look at defensive buildings, if you haven't already. Those mine fields work wonders.

transfer
04-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I will admit I didn't looked deeply into the PvP system in Modern War, I just assumed that after a point it was normal and commonly accepted that your losses simply trumps the benefits and it wasn't worth PvP'ing/raiding bases no more.
But even when my attack score > the defense score of the opponent, I still lose mighty units so mm, that's definitely something I'd like to learn; picking my battles :p
CC is way more easy so that's why I switched to it back then but trying to come back to MW now !

EnjoyLife
04-05-2012, 04:26 PM
You don't see their entire defense score. I believe you don't see their county bonus or any boost buildings factored into their scores. Maybe not even defense buildings (I think that is factored though).

possum
04-05-2012, 04:48 PM
I'm no expert in this game by any account, but one thing I've learned in regards to having the ability to carry large amounts of cash is that people neglect their army. They spend all of their time and money on money building upgrades when they should be concentrating a bit more on their army and boost buildings.

Deterrence is your best friend. People fish their rivals list until they see someone with a low defense score and tons of cash and they will ALWAYS test the waters and see how much of that might be unvaulted. Having the highest possible defense score that you can imagine within your alley count will eliminate a lot of the potential raiding.

Build your army first I say then concentrate on your economy because a strong army will allow you to do latter at your leisure. You can raid when you need cash to build that economy and flesh out the masses from attacking you (for the most part) because they won't want anything to do with you.

Kalyani
04-05-2012, 05:16 PM
The way i did it, was to save up 10 mil (max vault capacity), then sell one space center and one nuclear plant, but you gota be quick with your fingers, cause you dont wanna be getting attacked when you have unprotected money. For those of you who dont have a vault upto 10 mil but are impaitient, well you can use the same logic, basically save to your vaults capacity to 5 mil or 7.5mil ect, but obviously you'll have to sacrifice alot of buildings in quick succesion, and you gota do it really fast cause you dont wanna be attacked with millions at stake.

For those of you who might say, this is a crazy idea, well if you still havnt learnt how this game works, i suggest you spend really money, cuz thats your only hope. TO MOVE ONE STEP FORWARD, YOU GOTTA TAKE TWO STEPS BACK. The sooner people get that, the more enjoyable this game becomes.

Im LVL 111, attack 37k, defence 32k

661-753-715, been playing since december.

Although my stats arnt srong as some of the gold whales at my level iv held my own pretty well, so join up peepz....

P.s : Im not a gold player, though i admit ive spent a total of £30 on this game and then thought i gota be real thick to be spending money of a few bytes of data..... I mean no dis respect to gold players, its your money do what you want with, just play fair with people with more sense who value their money more than you....

EnjoyLife
04-05-2012, 05:28 PM
TO MOVE ONE STEP FORWARD, YOU GOTTA TAKE TWO STEPS BACK.

Speak for yourself. I don't have to take two steps back to move forward. How are you going to get that nanotech up in levels? Or were you just going to leave it at level one?

digitalwalker
04-05-2012, 05:59 PM
As some folks mentioned above, if u can't easily and safely build the nano building, then there isn't much point to build it, especially with sacrificing. Means u need to beef up with ur defence first.

Dreno33
04-06-2012, 01:03 AM
We are in the same bracket, except I have fewer allies. My defense is currently 1900.

whats your level and ally number???? I'm level 6 with 1343 defense and 14 allies

JohnnyR
04-06-2012, 02:06 AM
I'd do it slow and steady with building SAMs, minefields and fortified bunkers. You get five of each while bringing your mission bosses to the last click it should be a piece of cake. Only problem is build times might kill you, but this is where long term planning is nice, if you buy defense towers way in advance of when you need to sell them, this can be a painless way to go about raising the cash.

StuN
04-06-2012, 02:12 AM
Sound advice JR

EnjoyLife
04-06-2012, 04:17 AM
whats your level and ally number???? I'm level 6 with 1343 defense and 14 allies

12 Allies, Level 53

Agent Orange
04-06-2012, 04:31 AM
I guess another way of looking at it is if your defenses are weak enough that you are going to be wiped out by attacking then once you get the thing you'll be wpied out by raiding so what's the point.....

Bronson
04-06-2012, 05:12 AM
I guess another way of looking at it is if your defenses are weak enough that you are going to be wiped out by attacking then once you get the thing you'll be wpied out by raiding so what's the point.....

LOL good point AO, why spend £20m for other people to profit from? Your better off spending that £10m vault cash on defense

Nicz
04-06-2012, 05:32 AM
Still have those 2 ones to build...i'm uping my cement factory to see the decrease cost...but even if I have 37k def, at lvl 85 some have 40k+ (i just saw 2 or 3) with hundreds dollars spend (gj gj gj)...My vault is full @10m and i dont want to go above with those guys... Maybe the solution is a lvl 10 cement factory and buy some money to build instantely?

Maverick50727
04-06-2012, 05:58 AM
Still have those 2 ones to build...i'm uping my cement factory to see the decrease cost...but even if I have 37k def, at lvl 85 some have 40k+ (i just saw 2 or 3) with hundreds dollars spend (gj gj gj)...My vault is full @10m and i dont want to go above with those guys... Maybe the solution is a lvl 10 cement factory and buy some money to build instantely?
No offense but I think you missed the point of the thread. People are trying to figure out how to do it free without using gold. Another thing is if anyone is looking to get them they should do so before l90 because once you cross that line you can be visited by the top fish and your base defenses mean nothing to them even if you had all L10. Of course if all your base defenses are high that means you are a gold player and would have bought 2 nanos long ago. Regardless getting them without gold at high levels l80 and above will be challenging.

I myself don't have them yet but may try for them later. I'm using my money now on base expansions and other things.

Agent Orange
04-06-2012, 07:45 AM
No offense but I think you missed the point of the thread. People are trying to figure out how to do it free without using gold. Another thing is if anyone is looking to get them they should do so before l90 because once you cross that line you can be visited by the top fish and your base defenses mean nothing to them even if you had all L10. Of course if all your base defenses are high that means you are a gold player and would have bought 2 nanos long ago. Regardless getting them without gold at high levels l80 and above will be challenging.

I myself don't have them yet but may try for them later. I'm using my money now on base expansions and other things.

Good points, I also have not considered building one. Mainly because I don't think I have the need for it. Looks purty and all but feels like it will make me more of a target which is something I really don't want being at L133 and all. I blasted through the levels and didn't really take a lot of time upgrading buildings I already have so I'm going to sit back and do a bit of that now.

Maverick50727
04-06-2012, 10:58 AM
Good points, I also have not considered building one. Mainly because I don't think I have the need for it. Looks purty and all but feels like it will make me more of a target which is something I really don't want being at L133 and all. I blasted through the levels and didn't really take a lot of time upgrading buildings I already have so I'm going to sit back and do a bit of that now.
I'm at 91/100 buildings for that goal. Since 97 is the highest you can go free, I'll prpobably get the other 4 in first before I'm at 95 and have no choice. My other 4 are base defenses so it might pay to get them in first over the next week or two and maybe upgrade the cement factory again. I'm in no hurry.

From those who do have them, they say they make good targets like you say, so their return may be low. They may draw attention away from your other building though.

Mcdoc
04-06-2012, 11:13 AM
Still have those 2 ones to build...i'm uping my cement factory to see the decrease cost.... Maybe the solution is a lvl 10 cement factory and buy some money to build instantely?Someone had stated that even though the cement building shows you a lower cost - the game won't actually let you build it unless you have the original amount in your vault. Seems like a bug? Has anyone else had the same experience?

Everson25
04-06-2012, 11:17 AM
I get the point if I get the Nano I may become a target once I cross the fine line but If I have good economies, wouldn't I be a target already? That' why many of us will camp to make sure that defence and other areas are better than it is at the moment. I just want to have the Nano in order to help my incoming for the expensive units. The question in my mind is how long it will take to have that money back. As many here already said 20m could be a good money to be used in something else. Maybe i will wait a bit and work on my base.