PDA

View Full Version : SKILLS: How do they effect your Army?

-->FISH<--
04-05-2012, 08:05 AM
I am still banging my head trying to sort out how the Attack and Defense skill numbers change your team when you level up. I looked at my AD # before I leveled up and then afterward putting all three on defense and there wasn't a change there..... Any help.

twchung22
04-05-2012, 08:20 AM
your Chances of winning when your attack and defense is relatively the same as your opponent

Aidan
04-05-2012, 08:24 AM
There hv been a same or similar discussion b4, here's 2 tht will further enlighten u on the subject.

Short answer will be, skills point will not reflect on ur Attack n Defence stat. It does give u a significant adv but nobody r able to quantify it..yet. Plz hv a read on these two link below

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?23417-Just-a-simple-question-Attack-amp-Defense-skills

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21843-Skill-Points

Hellstorm
04-05-2012, 01:35 PM
The naked truth is... Nobody knows.

Ducati
04-06-2012, 07:41 AM
Why bother putting your skill points in attack? On both my accounts attack is still on 1.
I never loose a fight, and when I get attacked I never attack back because of my low attack points. Just pick your fights.
So what am i missing, why are you guys wasting skillpoints on attack? :-)

Agent Orange
04-06-2012, 07:54 AM
Why bother putting your skill points in attack? On both my accounts attack is still on 1.
I never loose a fight, and when I get attacked I never attack back because of my low attack points. Just pick your fights.
So what am i missing, why are you guys wasting skillpoints on attack? :-)

I think it really boils down to strategy. If you go all out attacking then it kind of makes sense, especially when you eventually come up against someone like me who has put 155 skill points into defence at which point I win, you loose.

I've seen players with what appear to be really low attack stats win against players with what appear to be higher defence stats and that is most likely because they have put a lot or all of their skill points into attack. I have about 90 put into attack and will eventually top it off at 100 in a couple of days. Personally I think a balanced approach makes the most sense but again depends entirely on how you play.

For example someone with an all gold army is probably going to put all their skill points into stamina since they aren't going to loose units if they happen to loose an attack but this lets them attack all day long if need be.

One thing to keep in mind once you have a lot of skill points is that energy and stamina may actually have a limit in terms of time to refill vs your in game down time. I discovered that for my style of playing I only need to have 1110 energy since that takes all night to refill and that gives me three hits on my favourite naval battle target.

Same would go for stamina.

Agent Orange
04-06-2012, 07:57 AM
The naked truth is... Nobody knows.

Ain't that the truth....

-->FISH<--
04-06-2012, 08:01 AM
I do think they need to be adjustable. Once you pick them there stuck. The more you find out about the game the more you should be able to adapt and modify you older blunders. (especially the closer you get to the dreaded and feared lvl 90.)

Agent Orange
04-06-2012, 08:03 AM
I do think they need to be adjustable. Once you pick them there stuck. The more you find out about the game the more you should be able to adapt and modify you older blunders. (especially the closer you get to the dreaded and feared lvl 90.)

I think the reason the devs won't allow this is because I could radically modify my skill points during the game. For example I nuke all my defence skill points and put them into attack when I'm out attacking and raiding and then when done put them all back into defence.

Plus in a sense you aren't really stuck since you are always adding to them as you level up so you can fix some mistakes on the fly. I have been.

-->FISH<--
04-06-2012, 08:33 AM
I guess its the lvl 90 panic. I have to many on my Energy I am on 2 or 3 times every hour but, I can't fully refill over night so I am wasting points I could be using somewhere else.

Ducati
04-06-2012, 08:40 AM
I think it really boils down to strategy. If you go all out attacking then it kind of makes sense, especially when you eventually come up against someone like me who has put 155 skill points into defence at which point I win, you .

Why whould I loose, So far I have 1 lost and 232 wins. Should have been zero losses, but I made the mistake once not checking the profile.
I dont like the missions very much, prefer PvP. So I still cant see any benefit of putting any skillpoint in att.Well mayby one, after been attacked I never strike back because unfortunately you cant check the profile of the attacker.
So I still believe it is better to put your points into defence. But i am newbie, and hope to hear what the benefits are of putting your skillpoints in attack
I hope that the skillpoint system is similair to the storm8 games if that is the case, then my stats will stay very good.

Thunder Child
04-06-2012, 08:44 AM
I had my first opportunity to see my profile on a friends device tonight, and it's quite obvious that he can't see my boosted values. My actual attack stats were 15.96% higher than he saw, while my defense stats were actually 32.85% higher. These accurately reflect how I have chosen to distribute my skill points so far.

frenda
04-06-2012, 09:08 AM
Game dynamics changes drastically as you progress, so you can play in the moment, or plan ahead. I think part of the Level 90 hysteria is due to some not planning ahead. Yeah it's fun to put all your points into energy and blaze through maps, but then reality sets in. I made the same mistake starting out and have decided to camp for a while to get my stats caught up. It seems to be working since I'm not taking the huge losses I was taking before.

Agent Orange
04-06-2012, 09:24 AM
Why whould I loose, So far I have 1 lost and 232 wins. Should have been zero losses, but I made the mistake once not checking the profile.
I dont like the missions very much, prefer PvP. So I still cant say any benefit of putting any skillpoint in att. Well mayby one, after been attacked I never strike back because unfortunately you cant check the profile of the attacker.

Because I know better than you....

I have 25,835 wins and 1,598 losses so I kind of have a lot more experience at this than you do.

Ducati
04-06-2012, 09:36 AM

I have 25,835 wins and 1,598 losses so I kind of have a lot more experience at this than you do.

You might be right, still my win/lost ratio is a lot better then yours....... :-)

Btw i updated my post before about my storm8 idea that it might be same system

bigflan
04-06-2012, 09:40 AM
You might be right, still my win/lost ratio is a lot better then yours.......Same thing happened to me 200 and 0 losses then I started to go downhill and lost 100 but since I have developed more Im strong and I can beat 99 percent of people so far I'm now at 325 losses and 725 wins if you hurry your level ups your gonna regret it the first part of the game is easy the only people I lose to are the gold spendeers

Poopenshire
04-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Same thing happened to me 200 and 0 losses then I started to go downhill and lost 100 but since I have developed more Im strong and I can beat 99 percent of people so far I'm now at 325 losses and 725 wins if you hurry your level ups your gonna regret it the first part of the game is easy the only people I lose to are the gold spendeers

I stopped PVP recently, but i was holding my own against gold spenders (still am but as of monday was no longer a free player). I think once I build back up again I should be ok. Just for fun I check my brackets everyday and see gold spenders with much lower values, I am just not attacking right now.

Agent Orange
04-06-2012, 10:38 AM
You might be right, still my win/lost ratio is a lot better then yours....... :-)

Btw i updated my post before about my storm8 idea that it might be same system

Yup for now.... I don't think my LLP is low enough to go out and modify your stats but perhaps when my new iPad turns up.....

Thing is at the low level that you are playing at given your win loss ratio nobody probably has more than a handful of skill points and they probably used them for either energy (recommended) or stamina (for fighting). Campers with LLP's might be doing the defence skill points though.

But the trick with the skill points is they come into play when you are attacking or defending against a rival that has similar stats. This is sort of the tie breaker so depending on if you have more or less than your rival can determine the outcome of the attack. So if someone with identical stats to yours is attacked but they have more defence skill points they will win unless you can counter that with a higher level of attack skill points.

Ducati
04-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Cheers for your answers agent orange, we shall see how my tactics will work out in the near future.
For now I won't put any skillpoint in attack, lets see whats gonna happen

Maverick50727
04-06-2012, 02:09 PM

AO, LMAO on that reply!!!

Ducati don't take those numbers too serious I don't. I have got to the point when attacking I don't even check rivals stats 80% of the time and still won 6000 of the last 6500 fights.

Loss numbers aren't the only thing, you can lose but still cost the winner more in lost units. So it depends on how you look at it. Read my comments in the thread link below and take AO and others advice, they know what they are talking about if they have been playing longer. The game changes much at around levels 40-50 and again at 90, so you may not lose now, but will get pounded later by those you have no chance against winning unless you have 20-30K in real money you want to spend on gold units.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?23518-Most-fights-won/page5

frenda
04-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Mav, +1.

I was kicking butt until I hit 50 and then reality set in. :)

frenda
04-06-2012, 02:18 PM
Ducati, on a more important note, what kind of Duc do you have? I have an S4 Monster from 2001. Groetjes.