PDA

View Full Version : Defence stats mean nothing.......

colster
04-05-2012, 05:52 AM
I mean, I have a defence of around 11k with roughly 1 k of that being buildings.

Was robbed this morning and looking at their profile, they have attack stats of 7.5k

Makes you think what is the point of building your defence if you can then be robbed and attacked by people far far weaker than you.

Even without the building stats I should have kicked their scrawny little behind!

Rant over...

CounterSniper
04-05-2012, 05:58 AM
I mean, I have a defence of around 11k with roughly 1 k of that being buildings.

Was robbed this morning and looking at their profile, they have attack stats of 7.5k

Makes you think what is the point of building your defence if you can then be robbed and attacked by people far far weaker than you.

Even without the building stats I should have kicked their scrawny little behind!

Rant over...

Defense is cut in half when robbed so for you (at 11k def) anyone over 5.5k att should beat you often.

colster
04-05-2012, 06:22 AM
Defense is cut in half when robbed so for you (at 11k def) anyone over 5.5k att should beat you often.

Really, I didn't know that. Are buildings further cut in half?

Sounds to me like its best to build up your defences first.

dudeman
04-05-2012, 06:31 AM
Sounds to me like its best to build up your defences first.

The best defense is collecting on time. If you do that pretty consistently you can worry about building your defense when you want to instead of when you think you need to.

Aid
04-05-2012, 06:32 AM
You can generally rob someone even if they have much higher stats, you may lose one and then win one it robberies are easier. Best defense is to always collect on time, in the higher levels if your buildings sit longer than a few minutes someone is trying to rob them

Nudie
04-05-2012, 06:34 AM
Other than take up space, defense building do very little in fending off robberies.

Santa
04-05-2012, 07:25 AM
Collect on time. I know everyone says this, but it really works. The hard part is getting those 18 hour buildings...

i need muney
04-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Collect on time. I know everyone says this, but it really works. The hard part is getting those 18 hour buildings...
Theres a workaround: dont build them :D

iteachem
04-05-2012, 07:39 AM
most people do buid them and I make quite a bit o money off of robbing those 18 hour buildings...

DenZ1
04-05-2012, 08:07 AM
+1 to that. T-Shirt stand is exception. Its too small for people to bother to rob it most of the time.

Dipstik
04-05-2012, 08:11 AM
I really don't understand the mindset of people who would rather not have a building and get no income than see it get robbed and get 40%ish.

iteachem
04-05-2012, 08:15 AM
I think its more of a mindset of what choice to make given space... If I could pick a 24 versus an 18 and had to consider space issues I would choose the 24. Given an abundance of space I wouldn't care either way, but as I progress, space is pricier....

TenderPlacebo
04-05-2012, 08:30 AM
Defense buildings do pad your stats a bit, so to the unknowing you appear as someone that is untouchable. Then again you have people that try anyway esp. If you have lofts or nightclubs up for grabs.
They do take up some room though. I went with gattling turrets; they add good def for the price,there small, and they can fill empty spaces between buildings.
As others have said; the best def. is to collect on time, guarantees you won't gt robbed.

sez
04-05-2012, 09:08 AM

Rant over...

Wait till you get in the high levels, you can be robbed by someone with 15,000 lower attack then your D, even 20,000 lower. I would get use to it now and learn to not let it bother you. Just a suggestion, I feel your pain. However you can also use this to your advantage and rob people who are stronger then you, again just another suggestion.

Dipstik
04-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Whoever said one defense point was supposed to equal one attack point anyway?

Dorian Gray
04-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Whoever said one defense point was supposed to equal one attack point anyway?

Uh... First grade math. :p

Dorian Gray
04-05-2012, 09:32 AM
Uh... First grade math. :p

Oh wait, that's right, you have to unlearn that kind of stuff when you start playing CC.

Dipstik
04-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Youre proving my point. Think about it. Why do you assume it's as simple as which number is bigger? Is that declared somewhere?

dudeman
04-05-2012, 09:49 AM
Youre proving my point. Think about it. Why do you assume it's as simple as which number is bigger? Is that declared somewhere?

Don't forget the unknown random factor. More than likely 1 attack is equal to 1 defense, but the unknown random multipliers cause that to change.

Dorian Gray
04-05-2012, 09:53 AM

If a game isn't going to follow the rules of simple mathematics shouldn't it explain what rules it is going to use. Especially when people are spending real money on defence buildings that aren't giving them the defense they say they are.

frenda
04-05-2012, 10:04 AM
If they made it straight up linear, there'd be no fun in attacking someone. It'd be pure "my numbers are bigger than his". The skill points adds that unknown that makes for a more random outcome. Since when does the stronger and bigger always win? But I do wish Funzio would take some of the mystique out of the game and lay it all out in a tutorial or manual online, rather than having to skim through hundreds of threads on the forum.

Dreno33
04-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Plus Colster seems pretty new. Probably doesn't know how inflated his defense stats might be (especially from those damm defense buildings)

Max Power
04-05-2012, 10:31 AM

It's implied.

Thats like saying the Cowboys 7 points isn't the same as the Giants 7 points, so the Giants win.

frenda
04-05-2012, 10:33 AM
It's implied.

Thats like saying the Cowboys 7 points isn't the same as the Giants 7 points, so the Giants win.

No, that's like saying the Cowboys defensive line is only 320 average, while the Giants offensive line is 340 pounds, so the Giants will win every time.

Dipstik
04-05-2012, 10:34 AM
No, it's nothing like that. Thanks for trying though.

Dorian Gray
04-05-2012, 11:02 AM
It's implied.

This point has been proven countless times by the amount of people who come here just to start a thread along the lines of - "How could this person possibly beat me when his attack is so much less than my defense."

Dipstik
04-05-2012, 11:05 AM
Never underestimate the number of stupid people on the Internet...