PDA

View Full Version : Game Idea... Gangs, Mobs, Affiliations

iteachem
04-04-2012, 02:44 PM
So, I posted this in the name thread, but thought it deserved its own discussion... Would love your input....

In response to a comment by Fizzle about the rat catchers....Here is a view of the whole rat battle from a low level non rat combatant...

This kind of teaming seems to be something that is lacking in the whole game. How about a feature that allows gangs to develop ie the godfather down. I have been quite fascinated watching this take place and seems to indicate that the social/interactive pieces of the game could be enhanced. Image little mobs developing to battle other mobs.. Yakuza, Russian Mafia, Rat Catchers, etc.. This could be an official way to generate some serious interest in the game beyond the camping etc.

Based on some of the players they are having more fun with this than ever... so why not develop it

A badge could be added to the rival list to indicate affiliations... etc. I am thinking about the whole civilization/age of empires games and each mob could have skill set addition exclusive to that mob or a skill weapon to earn that they keep while in that mob

one mob could have an increase attack, or finances, or ... you name it..

Final thought... right now this game seems to be pretty much a solo individual kinda of game. The Rat Catcher battles are exposing a need to take this to a different level

G Wiz
04-04-2012, 03:02 PM
Couldn't agree more. It was such a rush, like this was missing the whole time!

I am not even close to level 100 to have a full mob, but I still rep the R.C cause because it's this sort of thing that I believe a Crime game should have; not just friends hoods that you can visit for laundromat money...

Great post.

Santa
04-04-2012, 03:31 PM
So, I posted this in the name thread, but thought it deserved its own discussion... Would love your input....

In response to a comment by Fizzle about the rat catchers....Here is a view of the whole rat battle from a low level non rat combatant...

This kind of teaming seems to be something that is lacking in the whole game. How about a feature that allows gangs to develop ie the godfather down. I have been quite fascinated watching this take place and seems to indicate that the social/interactive pieces of the game could be enhanced. Image little mobs developing to battle other mobs.. Yakuza, Russian Mafia, Rat Catchers, etc.. This could be an official way to generate some serious interest in the game beyond the camping etc.

Based on some of the players they are having more fun with this than ever... so why not develop it

A badge could be added to the rival list to indicate affiliations... etc. I am thinking about the whole civilization/age of empires games and each mob could have skill set addition exclusive to that mob or a skill weapon to earn that they keep while in that mob

one mob could have an increase attack, or finances, or ... you name it..

Final thought... right now this game seems to be pretty much a solo individual kinda of game. The Rat Catcher battles are exposing a need to take this to a different level

+1

This is a "crime city" after all... :)

Boom
04-04-2012, 03:34 PM
If only they WOULD do this but I doubt it :(

iteachem
04-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Well adding a badge would be a start.... think of all of the 500 players with rat traps profiles

iteachem
04-04-2012, 03:40 PM
or cheese wedges

Ghost818
04-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Yo teach, read your PMs

Santa
04-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Of course, if no action is taken by Funzio we could organize it ourselves. Just harder without actual programming... Look how well the Rat Catchers are doing! And they are completely player organized and run. :)

iteachem
04-04-2012, 08:37 PM
At a basic level even adding a clothing item for the avatar that signals affiliations could be fun...

Ghost818
04-04-2012, 08:42 PM
This is an interesting idea :D

i need muney
04-04-2012, 10:56 PM
1. Global Ratings
2. Clanwars
3. Normal inbox and a friend list where you can actually find a person
First two would double the game, I tell ya. #3 is just a must for a social game.
Looking at Funzio cutting-corners development, I doubt any of those will see sunlight.