PDA

View Full Version : Rob or Attack Criteria?

frenda
04-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Okay, I did a search and didn't find a thread that addressed my question directly. How do you decide on whether to rob or attack? For an example, you're doing Thug Life and come across a really juicy hood with lots of buildings that have not been collected. You want to complete TL to get the respect points, but you don't want to pass up that much hard cash either. What do you do?

I don't have enough situational awareness yet, or the advanced degree like some of you guys, to figure out what my personal threshold is. I'm a liberal arts degree type, so I mostly go on gut instinct. But there are so many smart players on this forum, I thought I'd get some insights from you all.

As an aside, do you only care about defend numbers when choosing to attack? Or do you attack players who also have not banked any yet? I've tried both, and the second option gets kinda boring when it takes dozens of hoods to finally find one that has money not put in the vault yet.

Thanks in advance for any help. And if this has already been discussed, a link would be great!

Dorian Gray
04-04-2012, 02:29 PM
I make enough cash with my good economy and I still have a long way to go on my Thug Life goals. So I stick to attacking because respect is much more valuable an exchange for stamina than money right now, for me. Also I rarely come across a hood with something worth robbing at this point.

I only have 2500 robs to my 16000 fight wins.

duelblade
04-04-2012, 02:30 PM
If they are juicy buildings (high respect/money) then I rob them first. unless you really suck at the game its a lot easier to find people you can win against them pass up a juicy mt or lofts.

frenda
04-04-2012, 02:32 PM
DG, interesting point. Thanks.

duel, I agree. Thanks as well.

Whoopdido1980
04-04-2012, 02:46 PM
I go strictly for Thug Life and fight except if I see something really good. Level 1 stuff doesn't really interest me unless it's a nightclub. So far I've only seen one and I was nowhere near strong enough to rob him. I tried once just for the Hell of it, but failed so I moved on. I'll pass on Thug Life if it's a level 3 or higher MT or Loft. That's about as juicy as it gets for me.

Twinkie
04-04-2012, 02:49 PM
I attack 95% of the time. You have to be really unlucky for me to rob you, because I rarely ever check anyone's hoods. I have somewhat a moderate income that I feel unless I can get away with at least 50k from a robbery, anything else under is not worth it. (Exception of robbing clothing stores for R points). At the higher levels most players sync their buildings so well that you rarely ever see expensive buildings just ready to be robbed. You no doubt will find a juicy hood if 1) you're lucky, or 2), constantly check every single hood you'll see. Option 2 is a little too tedious for me.

Players who don't bank their money are players with crazy stats. They know there is only a handful of people that can attack them and get away with it. Everyone else banks their cash. Again, you can check their stats before you attack hoping for a big score, and again, it's tedious, and like you said Frenda, boring.

frenda
04-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Cool, thank you both for the info!!!

frenda
04-04-2012, 02:54 PM
And welcome back, Twinkie!!! :) Nice new avatar. ;)

Matthew91188
04-04-2012, 02:57 PM
I'm level 163 and hardly ever rob. I have 37k fight wins with like 2700 robs. I blind attack people cause as someone mentioned respect is more valuable than money late game... Granted also I have a 530k income.

JaceD
04-04-2012, 03:07 PM
I pretty much only attack. I usually just attack from the rival screen so I don't even know if someone has a building up to rob. Although if I see a 499'er (rare at my level) I will rob them for the hell of it.

Santa
04-04-2012, 03:17 PM
I do robs FOR RESPECT over TL goals. LM's and Collection Agencies are my prime targets. If I have a goal that requires attacking I will only attack extremely weak opponents. :)

iteachem
04-04-2012, 03:19 PM
I was attacking to gain respect points and I could almost attack anyone for a while... Now I am robbing a lot more to build up my stats... I am taking all of my winnings and buying attack explosives with them as I seem to be running into more and more players with higher defense. Plus I am also now seeing more and more built out lofts and internet buildings etc that I can hit easily since a lot of hoods are usually overloaded with defense buildings. I seem to be able to hit as high as several thousand over my attack without too much of a problem and I think they are surprised when they hit me back and lose because my defense isn't really all that much based on buildings so effectively stronger.

Santa
04-04-2012, 03:33 PM
I was attacking to gain respect points and I could almost attack anyone for a while... Now I am robbing a lot more to build up my stats... I am taking all of my winnings and buying attack explosives with them as I seem to be running into more and more players with higher defense. Plus I am also now seeing more and more built out lofts and internet buildings etc that I can hit easily since a lot of hoods are usually overloaded with defense buildings. I seem to be able to hit as high as several thousand over my attack without too much of a problem and I think they are surprised when they hit me back and lose because my defense isn't really all that much based on buildings so effectively stronger.

And this is why you DON'T build too many defense buildings. Your arrogance will lead to your demise. Hehe, that sounds so cool! :)

Max Power
04-04-2012, 03:35 PM
I blind attack since I am strong enough to get away with it.

Before the Rat Catchers, I just did Thug Life. Now, I end up going to a rat neighborhood to post snarky comments and sometimes will stumble on a set of 12 or 24s that need collecting. I made a mil and a half in one rats hood yesterday.

Other than that, I don't rob. Going to hood after hood looking for anything decent is such a time suck. I hate it.

beaux
04-04-2012, 03:36 PM
I'm in about the same spot with Iteachem. I'm having to build up my economy right now and need to do the robberies for the cash to build. Hopefully before long I'll be where I can do more attacking though.

G Wiz
04-04-2012, 03:40 PM
It can be as easy as this...

if your Babytway, then go with the rob.

If your not Babytway, then you don't rob. You can always get money, but the thug life goals are far more valuable in scope.

Swearengen
04-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Think it depends on your level or your current goals. I would agree with Santa at the mid lvl, robbing for RP at LM's and Collection Agencies. This allows you to go a little slower and collect good RP (in relation to lower exp) while still growing your economy. If you already have a good economy or don't care about the econ, go the attack route for quicker RP gains...

Rocky35
04-04-2012, 09:43 PM
I attack and rob at the same time. 50/50

frenda
04-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Cool comments. Thanks all. I consider myself mid-level, so I may go back to robbing LMs and Collection Agencies, withe the odd Meat Market thrown in. But I can't pass up Crematoriums and Warehouses and Basketball Courts when they're upgraded. I guess I'm not worried up leveling up too fast, so I'll rob Houses and Lofts as well. Am I breaking some sacred rule?

Rhino72
04-05-2012, 09:47 AM
I will always rob a juicy hood if my original goal was to complete TL. You can always find hoods where it is easy just to run in and attack 10 times and be done with it. Anytime somebody has a few 100K sitting around why not help it build your overall stats no matter where your economy is? Not only will I rob them but I will attack them 10 times and hope they attack me back so I can try and time their hood and rob them again.

frenda
04-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Rhino, yeah, that's basically what I do as well. Seems to work so far. :)