PDA

View Full Version : Is it bad to change your country?

Sugarymama
04-04-2012, 12:55 PM
When I first downloaded this game, I knew absolutely nothing and was just happy to play. Now after being in it for a while (and especially since reading this forum) I'm thinking I shouldn't have chosen the country I did. But I was just being basic: I'm American so why not choose America? Duh...

Would it be bad if I changed my country at this point in time? And if I do, does anything else change on my profile (e.g. A/D stats, units, etc.) Want to know as much as possible before I make a decision.

overkill 280
04-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Yeah i picked US cause I'm from Canada, so it was the closest to me. But I agree, it might not of been the best choice. :confused:

War Priest
04-04-2012, 01:00 PM
No it's not bad, it would be better because you will get an extra 10% boost. Your stats will rise and your flag will change.

War Priest
04-04-2012, 01:01 PM
That is how Funzio get's an easy $5. A huge majority picks USA. I am sure that is why it doesn't have a good boost. :p

Sugarymama
04-04-2012, 01:03 PM
No it's not bad, it would be better because you will get an extra 10% boost. Your stats will rise and your flag will change.

Thanks War Priest, but I'm still fuzzy. Doesn't it matter on what country I change to? Each country has a different "perk". Not all give bonuses.

But maybe I should. There have been some Americans I've been wanting to attack but refrained because I didn't want to bomb my own country...lol.

Sugarymama
04-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Yeah i picked US cause I'm from Canada, so it was the closest to me. But I agree, it might not of been the best choice. :confused:

It does have it's benefits, having the US flag. I can attack much more often. However, attacking isn't very popular these days with the huge losses you risk incurring if you do.

Sugarymama
04-04-2012, 01:05 PM
That is how Funzio get's an easy $5. A huge majority picks USA. I am sure that is why it doesn't have a good boost. :p

You're right!! I'm changing today, screw it. I can always change back if I want..

War Priest
04-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Thanks War Priest, but I'm still fuzzy. Doesn't it matter on what country I change to? Each country has a different "perk". Not all give bonuses.

But maybe I should. There have been some Americans I've been wanting to attack but refrained because I didn't want to bomb my own country...lol.

Just Iran and America have the stamina/energy boost. Go for UK or Russia.

War Priest
04-04-2012, 01:07 PM
It does have it's benefits, having the US flag. I can attack much more often. However, attacking isn't very popular these days with the huge losses you risk incurring if you do.

It isn't really even good. It only knocks off like 20 seconds I think.

Sugarymama
04-04-2012, 01:10 PM
You're probably right. I'm going to change and see how my game is affected. Thanks much.

War Priest
04-04-2012, 01:14 PM
You're probably right. I'm going to change and see how my game is affected. Thanks much.

Write down your stats before and after so you see how much they rise.

el_gringo
04-04-2012, 01:14 PM
I pretty much only attack or raid american players these days, or rarely a British player due to my huge numbers of 'strong against sea' units

Sugarymama
04-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Write down your stats before and after so you see how much they rise.

Good idea. Will do.

Mcdoc
04-04-2012, 02:00 PM
So to answer your original question - It is probably GOOD to change your nation. Most people pick it at the beginning before they know how the game works. I proudly chose USA until reading the forums about the Nation bonuses - saw how Air Units were the most powerful, had to make a choice between strong Attack Air units or low casualty Sea Units.

I decided to go with the maximum attack and changed to Russia. No one cared but me :)

Sugarymama
04-04-2012, 03:07 PM
So to answer your original question - It is probably GOOD to change your nation. Most people pick it at the beginning before they know how the game works. I proudly chose USA until reading the forums about the Nation bonuses - saw how Air Units were the most powerful, had to make a choice between strong Attack Air units or low casualty Sea Units.

I decided to go with the maximum attack and changed to Russia. No one cared but me :)

Funny, that's what I changed mine too as well. Lol. Thanks for the advice.

bigflan
04-04-2012, 03:15 PM
I chose Russia as a joke but it helped me that there is funny

Aidan
04-04-2012, 04:16 PM
I chose Russia as a joke but it helped me that there is funny

Sry to hijack this. But bigflan, i think u r the most unique n interesting person in this forum. U r funny in ur own way. I used to thnk tht u r a troll like me but u r not actlly. U r just..idk wht to say

Luke7676
04-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Big flan just out of curiosity how old are you buddy?

War Priest
04-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Big flan just out of curiosity how old are you buddy?

He won't tell us. But his is for sure a minor, and I believe he lives in Germany.

bigflan
04-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Whats a minor cause what it is I ain't

War Priest
04-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Whats a minor cause what it is I ain't and I don't ask for your guys age so mehhhh

Your a minor. Nothing bad, don't worry. And we finally found out you live in Germany. Privacy issues still?

bigflan
04-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Your a minor. Nothing bad, don't worry. And we finally found out you live in Germany. Privacy issues still?Are you seriouse wild guess just cause i talk about germanfield marshell

hound
04-04-2012, 04:55 PM
I also started USA- got my butt kicked a few times... usually, by the UK. I inquired with one of my Allies about the strength and strategy with UK. UK supposedly has the strongest Defense units. I switched and built a Navy to reckon with- I can not remember the last time i lost a fight.

Luke7676
04-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Are you seriouse wild guess just cause i talk about germanfield marshell

Maybe he hacked you and tracked your ip address.. Lol

Jk

But either your like 10 and can't spell or your not so good with the English language and live in another country. Either way we are just curious.. No biggy

War Priest
04-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Bigflan, send me an email.

Luke7676
04-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Okay I'm 25 years old and I'm from Spain

Now see was that so hard :P

bigflan
04-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Now see was that so hard :PYes it was but you guys are funny funny funny and I just bought a strike eagle for no reason oh well

Poopenshire
04-04-2012, 05:04 PM
I started with UK and have been happy the whole time.

War Priest
04-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Flan, your not an easy guy to trick. Have to give that to you man. =)

You sure your 25 though? What year were you born?

bigflan
04-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Flan, your not an easy guy to trick. Have to give that to you man. =)

You sure your 25 though? What year were you born?Can we talk about the game now this is boringgggggg

LeBarticus
04-05-2012, 12:50 AM
It isn't really even good. It only knocks off like 20 seconds I think.

Good to know because I've thought to myself recently that I've been happy with being America because of the quick and frequent attacks, while secretly wanting to switch to Great Britain or possibly Russia. If I switch I'll most likely go for UK

Bronson
04-05-2012, 01:22 AM
I'm Iran so probably the worst choice ever so will be changing to UK very shortly.

Also I have to say that for some reason when I try and imagine what bigflan looks like from his comments all I can picture is Ralph Wiggum from the Simpsons.

cheiz
04-05-2012, 06:40 AM
Recently switched from Germany (initially chosen, because that's closest to where I actually live... :confused: ) to Russia. Main reason is the fleet of Super Hornets I was/am investing in. Besides that I would like to start buying Stealth Bomber in the near future!

What?
04-05-2012, 07:30 AM
I forget, but when you first start are the country bonuses clearly shown? I don't remember. For me, I started as America also. I just picked It because I was American. Then I changed to Iran complete opposite if we are joining for our own countries, but I changed so I could hit the naval battle mission to get money faster for a stronger army. In the future I will most likely switch again to uk or Russia for the bonus, but not till I have enough units on one side either air or sea to justify another 50 gold change.

-->FISH<--
04-05-2012, 07:43 AM
However if you don't want to buy Gold then your stuck with your sorry first choice. Also, when you go to switch nations it tells you what each one helps

el_gringo
04-05-2012, 08:13 AM
I don't think bigflan is Spanish or German. I reckon British and around 18-21.

Someone run a book! :)

Boom
04-05-2012, 08:02 PM
U guys know about tap joy right? Free gold :)

Luke7676
04-05-2012, 08:06 PM
U guys know about tap joy right? Free gold :)

Yes. There is a whole thread about it. So everyone should know about it if not their loss.

Maverick50727
04-05-2012, 08:08 PM
A cheap shot to me. I picked US when I was the FNG. Russia or UK are the best as everyone knows. I have never changed as I enjoy the challenge.

Sugarymama
04-06-2012, 12:33 AM
A cheap shot to me. I picked US when I was the FNG. Russia or UK are the best as everyone knows. I have never changed as I enjoy the challenge.

Same with me Maverick. Didn't know any better. I changed but it feels weird. I may change back...