PDA

View Full Version : Units brought to battle?

freshmndave
04-04-2012, 10:47 AM
I'm a little unclear on which units are brought to battle when attacking/defending.

When defending do the game mechanics automatically pick the best x number of defensive units and bring them to battle? (based on number of allies) And best x number of attack units when attacking?

If this is the case, are your att/def stats in your profile composed of your attack stats (when attacking) and your defense stats (when defending)? Or do I have this all wrong?

Thanks

Luke7676
04-04-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm a little unclear on which units are brought to battle when attacking/defending.

When defending do the game mechanics automatically pick the best x number of defensive units and bring them to battle? (based on number of allies) And best x number of attack units when attacking?

If this is the case, are your att/def stats in your profile composed of your attack stats (when attacking) and your defense stats (when defending)? Or do I have this all wrong?

Thanks

Yes you are correct.

Maverick50727
04-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Yes, and the sum of your base defense buildings are added to your Def stats. This makes up your raw stats that your rivals and allies can see. Nobody but you can see your nation or boost building bonuses reflected in your stats. So what you see for your stats isn't was your rivals see, so that is why people attack people 25-30% or greater below their stats to cover this. The attack and def SKILLS add to this on the fly and you can't see those relefect in your stats at all thus the reason why nody knows how those work or are computed. Only the Devs know and they won't give up the secret.

Until the boost building which gave bonuses to only select unit type taken into battle is was real easy to compute the stats of your rival because you only had to add in the nation bonus and be done with it. It is almost impossible to do the math yourself and match to what you see. You can spend a lot of time and you will get within a few points. How they do their rounding seems unclear as I have never been able to match excatly, but a 3-4 point margin is close enough for me when looking at things above 25K. It takes spreadsheet, bunch of sorting, and your units may change before you are done due to losses. LOL

Aidan
04-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Actually there is a bug display regarding the nation bonus. Not sure if it's still the case or has it been fixed.
Instead of seeing the player's nation bonus u r seeing ur own country bonus on other's profile. Here is the support team reply:

Just got a reply from Funzio, definetely a bug!

"Thanks for the report. This is a display bug caused by country bonuses. Basically, when you view someone, you see your country bonuses instead of theirs. We're releasing a fix for this soon. The actual in-game math for battles is correct; it's just a display bug."

Tate
04-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Aidan, when did you spot this glitch and report it?
Inquiring minds, etc.....

Mcdoc
04-04-2012, 01:53 PM
. . . are your att/def stats in your profile composed of your attack stats (when attacking) and your defense stats (when defending)?

Dave - That's why your Att / Def will never be the exact same unless you have fewer units than you are allowed to bring into battle and therefore you would be bringing every unit you own into every battle.

Also, like has been said already, these stats WILL slightly change after every battle due to units lost or loot units won from each battle.

What's your game level?
How many Allies do you currently have?

Some of us simply keep a lower Allie count (down around 100) so we can purposely pick battles with people with only 25 to 50 allies so the battle is stacked in your favor already just from sheer numbers. Remember, your rivals list is comprised of other players who are at the SAME level as you - so don't feel like you're picking on little players based off the voluntary Ally count people choose to keep.

Welcome to the Forum!

Aidan
04-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Aidan, when did you spot this glitch and report it?
Inquiring minds, etc.....

I didnt report it. Guy name guyver01 did (look at my post)
This bug was spotted myb 1 n a half months ago