PDA

View Full Version : Crates Question

Rhino72
04-04-2012, 09:03 AM
I know the stated percentages are 10% rare, 25% uncommon and 65% common. Each set of crates had 1 rare item that was the best of the best (Golden Chaingun ; Massacre ; Weeping Widow ; Prototype Suit). I am guessing the drop percentage on the rare items after the initial 10% are broken down even further but I am wondering what it might be. For example, I would think it might be 45% / 45% for the other 2 rare items and 10% on the ones mentioned above. Does anybody know about this? If somebody is able to get the loot table percentages is it possible to get the crate item percentages?

sez
04-04-2012, 09:07 AM
I have no idea about the percentages but I have all 4 items you mentioned. I got the Prototype Suit on my 1st crate. I always buy the single crates, I have no data to back it up but I just feel you have better odds buying 1 crate at a time.

Rhino72
04-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Funny I thought the exact opposite. When I used to buy single crates I always seemed to get the common items and thought that might be because it randonly rolled the dice everytime. I actually enjoyed buying single crates because it made it more enjoyable instead of just seeing three items pop up I would see each crate and get excited / disappointed. I guess that is the gambler in me.

When I switched to the 3 crates I noticed I got more common / rare items. It is still probably all random but I thought it seemed a bit different. Lucky you on all of those items because I only got the Golden Chaingun and that first set was the least amount of crate purchases for me!