PDA

View Full Version : Trolls getting Trolled On

Ghost818
04-04-2012, 04:39 AM
So should I laugh? or should I laugh? I think I'll laugh. Join me if you like. The link is on the bottom.

Note to staff, sorry for the off topic thread but this is a forum, and forum members should be informed of things than can affect us, or send us to jail? O.o?

The state of Arizona in the USA, is going to start sending Trolls on the internet to...uh...jail for being annoying or offending? Here are 2 passages I took from the article:

"It is unlawful for any person, with intent to terrify, intimidate, threaten, harass, annoy or offend, to use ANY ELECTRONIC OR DIGITAL DEVICE and use any obscene, lewd or profane language or suggest any lewd or lascivious act, or threaten to inflict physical harm to the person or property of any person."

"Violators could be charged with a Class 1 misdemeanor and face up to 6 months in jail. If electronic devices are used to stalk someone, the charges then become a Class 3 felony, with penalties ranging from a minimum sentence of two and a half years in jail for non-dangerous offenders with no prior record to 25 years."

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/arizona-bill-could-criminalize-internet-trolling-184547052.html

So like, do I call nine-one-one or contact my internet service provider?

CounterSniper
04-04-2012, 04:42 AM
Gee, is that certain bionic cyber troll from Arizona? Interesting

Dillinja
04-04-2012, 05:01 AM
Already happened in the UK. A twitter troll got jailed for 56 days for posting a racist tweet while drunk.
Idiot was a decent biology student as well. Takes all sorts...

Ghost818
04-04-2012, 05:10 AM
Already happened in the UK. A twitter troll got jailed for 56 days for posting a racist tweet while drunk.
Idiot was a decent biology student as well. Takes all sorts...
Are you serious? Leaves me kind of speechless to what the world has come to.

Dillinja
04-04-2012, 05:13 AM
There you go....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/mar/27/student-jailed-fabrice-muamba-tweets

kimberleyj
04-04-2012, 05:17 AM
Isn't the police busy enough with more important things to do without having to add more paper work to the pile.

CounterSniper
04-04-2012, 05:22 AM
Isn't the police busy enough with more important things to do without having to add more paper work to the pile.

Well, they are gonna be busy strip searching detainees arrested for expired licenses and stuff like that.

Ghost818
04-04-2012, 05:23 AM
Its a quick buck for them, they don't even have to do anything other than paperwork. No searching, no getting shot, no risk just money.

@Dillinja, that is way too harsh man. If i were to be jailed for all the things I've said while drunk I'd be at Guantanamo Bay.

doomnosee
04-04-2012, 05:30 AM
couple of guys also got sent to jail for about 4 years in the UK for trying to arrange riots in their home towns in the UK. One set up a face book page when drunk, then woke up in the morning, thought better of it and apologised. He should have another couple of years inside before eligible for parole.:eek:

latest here is that they are trying to push through legislation that all private messages, web searches, forum posts, etc should be stored and available to the security services on demand. bit like China and Iran I guess...

Fricco
04-04-2012, 05:35 AM
On the news (NYC) a couple of nights ago, they had segment where employers wanted to
have prospective employees ID's and passwords to log on to their FaceBook accounts.

Ghost818
04-04-2012, 05:38 AM
couple of guys also got sent to jail for about 4 years in the UK for trying to arrange riots in their home towns in the UK. One set up a face book page when drunk, then woke up in the morning, thought better of it and apologised. He should have another couple of years inside before eligible for parole.:eek:

latest here is that they are trying to push through legislation that all private messages, web searches, forum posts, etc should be stored and available to the security services on demand. bit like China and Iran I guess...
That violates my privacy and would be so against it. Although they already do have access to all of that (even though they don't tell us), just not the regular police, all other higher organizations do.

Swifty
04-04-2012, 05:47 AM
Looks like we will have to build more prisons to hold all the cyber-bullies.

upsman_17
04-04-2012, 05:57 AM
Well, they are gonna be busy strip searching detainees arrested for expired licenses and stuff like that.

Yeah, isn't that some sh!t? How the hell did that law get passed without any media coverage leading up to it. Just what I need today, to get pulled over for a loud exhaust and end up with a couple extra fingers. For anyone not from USA that doesn't know or even from US but hasn't heard; you can now be strip searched by the police for ANY crime. I'm not talking just felonies. Speeding tickets, noise complaints, expired license, wearing your left shoe on your right foot, etc. So if you come across Officer Magic Fingers with extra time on his hands, watch out. F'd up sh!t.

Ghost818
04-04-2012, 06:04 AM
Yeah, isn't that some sh!t? How the hell did that law get passed without any media coverage leading up to it. Just what I need today, to get pulled over for a loud exhaust and end up with a couple extra fingers. For anyone not from USA that doesn't know or even from US but hasn't heard; you can now be strip searched by the police for ANY crime. I'm not talking just felonies. Speeding tickets, noise complaints, expired license, wearing your left shoe on your right foot, etc. So if you come across Officer Magic Fingers with extra time on his hands, watch out. F'd up sh!t.
Yeah but the Five O needs probable cause, if they harass you and you take that ish to court you can win.

upsman_17
04-04-2012, 06:09 AM

I think I just heard the prison doors open up to release a rapist to make room for a cyber bully. Glad to see priorities are in order here. I hate to sound old but, back in my day in the early days of the interwebs if someone said something you didn't like, you just ignored it or moved on to the next forum/topic. Everyone nowadays seems to be such whiney, no backbone having wusses. Grow a backbone, sack up, brush the sand out, do whatever you gotta do to get over it. I am just so sick of hearing about cyber bully stories. They should do more to get the a$$hole that tries to steal my credit card number/identity.

Nicholost
04-04-2012, 06:09 AM
Great, if I can't make the el-oh-els, what else am I going to do with my highspeed connection?

Btw, I suspect most people who have used the internetz would be eligable for arrest. Lame.

upsman_17
04-04-2012, 06:10 AM
Yeah but the Five O needs probable cause, if they harass you and you take that ish to court you can win.

Probable cause is one of the easiest things for the cops to fudge. Haven't you ever seen Law & Order? Lol.

CounterSniper
04-04-2012, 06:16 AM

i think nobody who was aware of it took it seriously. The never believed the SCOTUS would would uphold such an invasive un-American un-constitutional thing. George Orwell was right.

CounterSniper
04-04-2012, 06:18 AM

(Butt) the damage is done if you know what I mean.

Dipstik
04-04-2012, 06:21 AM
I'm a criminal defense attorney, and I believe this law (if true) violates the first amendment. Also, it only applies to posts made from within Arizona. I hope I annoy them when I suggest that the people who voted for this can go engage in a sex act with themselves.

upsman_17
04-04-2012, 06:26 AM
(Butt) the damage is done if you know what I mean.

Exactly. You may win later and the frisky officer gets an official reprimand on his record, but your the one left with a slightly expanded o-ring.

Gaming Will
04-04-2012, 06:30 AM

So can we build cyber prisons?

iteachem
04-04-2012, 06:47 AM
I should copyand paste that law on the wall of the guy who i pissed off by hitting his level7 lofts... His rant was priceless and apparently illegal.....who knew

Ghost818
04-04-2012, 06:57 AM
I'm a criminal defense attorney, and I believe this law (if true) violates the first amendment. Also, it only applies to posts made from within Arizona. I hope I annoy them when I suggest that the people who voted for this can go engage in a sex act with themselves.
True, but first AZ, then Nevada, then good ol' Cali. But im almost 100% sure its not gonna pass even though they are kindof extremists in AZ.

URDead
04-04-2012, 07:08 AM
You can rock a VPN service for 5 dollars a month and have a private IP address that would be more trouble than what it was worth to find you. This is becoming a huge problem in the US with invasion of privacy and all. I am about one more news story away from deleting my FB and gmail account because of privacy and tracking issues. Ever read the google terms of service? Yeah, they are basically like a little monkey riding around on your shoulder all the time listening and writing down everything you say and do so they can profile you to "sell advertisement" Everyone should just start being more careful about what is happening in their cyber lives.

Vile Lynn
04-04-2012, 07:13 AM
Arizona has that prison that makes the inmates wear PINK panties!

Ghost818
04-04-2012, 07:37 AM
I dont see the proposal going forward atleast I hope not.

Dipstik
04-04-2012, 08:27 AM
Oh so it hasn't passed yet? That explains why I'm only hearing about this now.

Ghost818
04-04-2012, 08:28 AM
Oh so it hasn't passed yet? That explains why I'm only hearing about this now.

No, it's in their Governors office.

dudeman
04-04-2012, 08:53 AM
I'm banned from the US, but stuff like this is exactly why I don't care.

Do you think if I violated this retarded Arizona law that they would wave my ban and have me extradited just to put me in jail? I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

beaux
04-04-2012, 09:02 AM
Send em to the tent city.