PDA

View Full Version : Help a NOOB out!

Bopper
04-03-2012, 07:13 PM
What started as a time killer has turned into an obsession...

I've been playing for about 2 months now and just discovered this forum and am looking for a bit of help.

The raw stats:
Lvl: 83
Mafia: 493
Weapons: 842
Armor: 417
Attack: 6650
Defense: 7953
Income/hr: $8152
Money in the bank: about $300k
Energy: 1530
Stamina: 33

I've been doing mainly the story of the game and am starting to run into missions (currently in Seaside) that require HUGE amounts of moolah to buy required weapons/armor/vehicles. My intial thought was to repeat previous jobs that kicked out decent cash but it leveled me up in a big way. I've started robbing/fighting but I'm pretty outclassed at my level. My thuglife is in round 28. I'm currently using all my respect points to purchase Full Combat Gear and I'm up to about 17 of those.

I'm a free player (no gold other than a bit from TapJoy) and am looking for any suggestions. I have a desk job so this puppy runs all day on my iPod.

Sorry for the long winded post. Let me know if I left out any important information. Thanks in advance.

Bopper

mnju_03
04-03-2012, 07:16 PM
What would you like help with Bopper?? :)

Other than the same ol same ol don't level too fast, save up RP and build up some Atk/Def so you can fend off rivals at your level...

P.S. Congrats on finding and joining the forum! Welcome! :D

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hwXWabpcJ5MArWjSy0-16Kbimbzjnq8xPAGcVD12BdI/edit?pli=1
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgEHrvnoijXudHFVU2RxYUQzYXYtOURRd0d3M1hVR 2c&hl=en_US&pli=1#gid=1
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqX4lDb5cyUvdHl6RXFncTlLVDY5NjdvQ3FZWmF3e Wc#gid=3
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai8Zt3JFNCsmdHNRLXRrRGlPT0huczI5N290MTQ1d Hc#gid=10

Euchred
04-03-2012, 07:17 PM
If you're after Income/hr then build some Movie theatres and lofts.
Also worth noting that Night Vision Binoculars are better value then Full Combat Gear.

Gaming Will
04-03-2012, 07:18 PM
First things first, look up the "best of the best guides" at top of threads! A TON of awesome info there. Check out hood planning and economy. Also, stock up on rp (respect points) through doing the thug life, hardcore hitman goals. Getting your AT&T/def up will need those RP.

Pekersss
04-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Welcome!

At level 83, IIRC, my stats were sub-par, so although it was tedious I kept searching for rivals to fight/buildings for RP. I think meat factories, warehouses, lofts if you see them are all good for RP. Also maybe drop some mafia members to put you in a different bracket of players... I think my Thug Life goals required a bit less than 500 players at that level.

Bopper
04-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Wow, thanks for the quick reponses all!

I have spent a few days reading through the forum and paying special attention to the "Best of the Best." When I first started I HOARDED mafia members like crazy and I realize I may have done that too fast if I plan on playing long term. I now realize that limiting this doesn't make me a rat if I'm not doing it bloat my numbers unfairly.

Looking at building a cramming some theaters into my space to boost income/hr.

erik
04-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Dont waste money on any low level RP gear. Good things come...

Alice
04-03-2012, 08:33 PM
I would suggest a start-over if you don't currently have end event items like Sig, burner..etc.

It took me about 10 days to go to level 53 while maintaining successful fight win/lose ratio above 10:1. limit energy below 1000 and max stamina 50+, focus on respect items, get to lv 55 asap so that you could start piling up CW.

Don't focus on def as you could be attacked/robbed anyway. Focus on attack, go as powerful as you could, max explosives also. Hit other players and buy CW.

iteachem
04-03-2012, 08:39 PM
I would suggest a start-over if you don't currently have end event items like Sig, burner..etc.

Sorry to butt in on a thread, but Alice could you clarify.. you are suggesting starting over if you don't have the end event items? Curious about the rational on that since I haven't earned one end of event item. I have always gotten to 8 or 9 but never hit the end goal (no gold)....and have no intention of restarting... I am sure I will never get an end goal item.

Other than that I like how you focus on respect and attack..I balanced a little more and wish I had higher attack

Thanks for clarifying

CounterSniper
04-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Sorry to butt in on a thread, but Alice could you clarify.. you are suggesting starting over if you don't have the end event items? Curious about the rational on that since I haven't earned one end of event item. I have always gotten to 8 or 9 but never hit the end goal (no gold)....and have no intention of restarting... I am sure I will never get an end goal item.

Other than that I like how you focus on respect and attack..I balanced a little more and wish I had higher attack

Thanks for clarifying

You could start a new game but you would lose everything from this game so as long as you dont have a hi value event item it might be a wise decision. On the other hand if u did have one of those items it might give the average player pause on whether to essentially throw that away. As u said u don't so the decision will be a lot easier to make IMO.

Alice
04-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Thanks for clarifying

CounterSniper said everything. BTW, search for the forum for "Test of surviving as non-gold player in the new crime city" and you could find my previous thread, which includes more details.

Jill
04-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Welcome to the forum. Your stats are quite low but you have time before you reach lvl 100 to build them up. There are items to farm like Urban Warfare Vests, att 11 def 20 and that will help rising your stats, there are other items and you can find threads for all the half decent farming items, you then can choose. But you need to be hitting stats of at least double where you are now. Stop doing maps, concentrate on your stats and that includes your hourly income. Always have a building under construction and another being upgraded. Dont build anymore defence items for a while, get your cash up as much as possible..... Good luck

Swearengen
04-04-2012, 08:45 AM
Bopper, I was in the same boat as you before I found the forum. Played a few months, leveled to the 90's fast, low income, low stats, tons of mafia, etc... Then I found the forum and some great advice from misc players.

While you have some time before you hit the 100 mark, IMO you would have to seriously stop doing much and become a major camper to build your economy first. Of course you really have to think about the type of player you’re going to be, income based, robbery based, or a mix.

I would strongly suggest reading the various forum guidelines, start a new account, have a game plan and go from there. It will make a major difference in your game play.

Bopper
04-04-2012, 11:45 AM
I seriously appreciate all the feedback and suggestions. I have an iPad that will soon hold a new account. This will allow me to try to improve my current account and test out some of the forum suggestions on the 2nd.

I'm incredibly impressed with some of the spreadsheet work done by the members. I do financial risk assessment for a huge company (read: accountant on steriods) and couldn't have done anything close to these.

frenda
04-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Gotta disagree with Alice's comment. You can pick and choose who you attack, so don't worry too much about attack, I focused on defense and have some decent stats (10:1 or better in attacks and robberies), so it must be working. Otherwise, +1 with everything they said.

Alice
04-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Gotta disagree with Alice's comment. You can pick and choose who you attack, so don't worry too much about attack, I focused on defense and have some decent stats (10:1 or better in attacks and robberies), so it must be working. Otherwise, +1 with everything they said.

I think either way works. If you got high att score, your def won't be bad, and vice versa, depends on which style you like. The strategy also depends on different situation. If a player is too weak to find weaker players effectively, then better focus on att first, and it's no use saving for def buildings or armors at this time.

JaceD
04-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Drop mafia members until you can beat most of the players on your rival list. Then attack as many as you can and rob certain buildings (loft, warehouse, clothing store) to stock up on respect. Then buy tons of night vision binoculars and some chain whips. I would not waste respect on full combat gear, they're not worth the price, especially with your low stats you will benefit a lot from the binoculars. If you want to focus on economy, there's no hurt in camping now, but in game money can't help your stats nearly as much as respect can, so if you want to be a stronger player, I wouldn't bother with camping honestly. Just keep building and upgrading as you're attacking and gaining respect.

beaux
04-04-2012, 03:51 PM
I was in about the same spot as you awhile back and took some advice similar to JaceD's it has worked pretty well for me not out of the woods yet but, getting there. Good luck

Babytway
04-04-2012, 04:21 PM
welcome Noob, have fun